How about we talk about a more traditional "traditional game"? Poker for instance?

How about we talk about a more traditional "traditional game"? Poker for instance?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Durak
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Poker is something understood through practice, and the parts that aren't are luck-based. Not much you can do regarding poker on a Taiwanese Aglet-fixing forum.

>Inb4 Go, Chess, etc.
Games that have existed a long time may not be solved, strictly speaking, but have a mostly stagnant meta.

The "meta" is balanced though.

I like euchre. Played it a lot in high school but don't really have anyone to play it with anymore.

I would really like to see some /poker/ or /chess/ Generals here. Instead of just D&D and 40K

I love good old five card draw. Texas Hold'em can go and take all the tryhard poker champion wannabes with it.
Sure, Hold'em has more emphasis on skill, but even with the greater degree of luck in draw poker, the best player usually wins. Just not quite as often, which is more suited to friendly non-competition games IMO.

Iron Cross or GTFO, nerd.

Seriously though, I do enjoy 5 card draw. I also like hold'em, since everyone knows how to play it, so games are easy to start.

Euchre is fun as hell, just hard to play with my friends since we don't often hang out in a group of 4. Grandparents also have secret old people powers to dominate at Euchre.

What about some fucking patience?

I'mma all about that La Belle Lucie

I lost a damn tournament to a grandma. Euchre is not a young man's game .

There's no reason why it can't be. Out boy scout troop played euchre pretty much all the time on campouts and from grinding so much a large percentage of us got gud to where we could beat the scout leaders (who also were playing the entire time).

There are some people who are just THAT GUY even in euchre. Looking at you, Wiegand, with your "go alone with left-queen-nine" bullshit.

How about Skat? It's a card-game so pointlessly convoluted it could have been designed by Veeky Forums.

>tfw your grandma slowly loses the ability to play
>tfw you'll never play against her in her prime
>tfw you'll never play against her again

Checkers is most certainly not balanced. Chess the same. Without random chance the player going first is at a large advantage

where is it convoluted?

>not being able to take the advantage from your opponent
Git gud.

A Polish friend taught me Durak a few years ago, I find that fun but I can't get anyone else into it.

Durak is the shit, wish i had more people to play it with.

We played Durak all day every day back in high school after some slav taught it to us, may god bless his soul.

My girlfriend's grandpa will not pass a Bauer for any reason, doesn't matter if he's got all off suit 9s and 10s and his partner passed it, he'll gladly stomp that one trick and get euchred

*bower

Is that like Double Fanucci or Cripple Mr. Onion?

>I like shitty spades
Even hearts is better.

beim grand geht man asse spasst

Visited Australia recently and they taught me how to play FuckFace. Technically a drinking game, but it's interesting and they're all alcoholics down there anyway.

As a whole yes. Yet there are some people who are better at playing black than they are at white.

I don't know how to play it

Made up game that doesn't exist
Prove me wrong

How does it feel to have such bad taste?

Hey, watch it! That was my feels you just stepped on.

In between euchre and skat is sheepshead, which is my favorite. It is the chess equivalent to euchre's checkers. And great when you've been drinking.

Fucking hearts have been OP for the last 3 editions. Why do they push spades in the fluff as "the Big Bad" and put so much effort into the ace of spades if just running hearts makes you literally unable to lose to spades?

Fucking hearts.

I'd just be happy to get some more Clubs lore. There's hardly any.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Durak

It's pretty fun and not overly complicated, teaching someone else only takes a couple of minutes and maybe one practice round.

In my own high school I was the slav kid who made everyone play it non stop