Pathfinder General /pfg/

Pathfinder General /pfg/

>THIS IS IMPORTANT!
If you want build advice make sure to say what 3pp you can use, if any.
>THIS IS IMPORTANT!

What's the spoopiest setting you've used?

Unified /pfg/ link repository: pastebin.com/JTj1yEmU

Kineticists of Porphyra IV: End of an Era playtest: docs.google.com/document/d/1XTgiUdDSrTCvATEDeDJ4MnbDgS6KEBLu2e9mjj5fwaw/edit
Broken Shackles Playtest: app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/59701/broken-shackles-test-play

Old thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

app.roll20.net/join/1770733/2aujeQ
us.battle.net/d3/en/game/lore/short-story/crusader/
ckoriks-rise-of-the-runelords.obsidianportal.com/wikis/shelyn
drive.google.com/open?id=0B5HkyGRtGZy3SWVhdWFBWERWWjg
1d4chan.org/wiki/Arseplomancer
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

guys, I'm sending a level ten wizard into a dungeon alone with the goal of sneaking past traps and setting up my own for a final confrontation against an evil party that will be coming in after me. I have an amulet of detect traps, but what spells will help me get through without using too many spell slots?

I'm svaing my level 4 spells for enervation, and one cast of greater invisibility. Knocking the entire party down 2 levels on average will make the fight much easier.

Everything PF is allowed. Everything. I have been asked not to go overboard on wands and scrolls, though.

Soooooo whats the spoopiest character you've played?

Yo, you see EZG mentioned N. Jolly in his review for Occult Adventures?

R-r-reposting for people interested in the lewd gestalt game, this is the waiting room.

app.roll20.net/join/1770733/2aujeQ

Asking for more after you've clearly got a large load? My my, you are *insatiable.*

Cimbar, Chessenta. The Plane of Shadow was leaking out into it during the Pathfinder game I ran in the Forgotten Realms.

Combine ancient Athens, the Plane of Shadow from MotP, and the "spooky effects" table from Heroes of Horror.

The elven Evoker's light would expand to it's normal size, then cut in half.
The blind Lore Oracle kept hearing screams
The elven rogue lost her shadow, but it eventually came back
The gnome fighter with the converted Goliath hammer was fine

The enemies were either undead, fey, or used the shadow template, ogres were eating elven children, and the red dots that replaced the stars kept staring at them.

After everything was fixed on the Material plane, they had to go to the Plane of Shadow and fix things there.

I want to fuck Urgathoa on the first date!

Hey, if people are interested then it's not fair to leave them out~

Pumpkinhead Witch.

She steals souls.

and sadly often has to do the healing, since 'in combat healing is useless' is a fucking meme.

Did she have a pumpkinhead familiar?

Naw. Gravewalker.

>ywn play a leaf leshy investigator that lived in a bakery

Is it over text or voice?

Text

So, was there ever a consensus on how lewd the campaign was going to be?

God damn it why do i have to work tomorrow. I'd join this shit so fast fml.

The campaign isn't accepting people until next year, user-kun.

Not as of yet, that's for the party to decide when it happens.

Like said it's not open for a few months, this is just a waiting room/mailing list

Apologies, I'm on my phone so could not look on roll20 to get details.

What are some good and lewd character gestalts you'd want to see done in that RotRL campaign?

Bard//Paladin

>Bardadin
>Lewd

Is pure!

the lustful paladin going against their vows is some high quality lewd

>Immunity to fear, both magical and non
>No-cost healing
I see little reason for paladins to not be into BDSM.

Anyone ever played a game that took place on one of the other planets?
I really like Triaxus.

... Especially if the paladin starts small, and writes their actions off as "cheat days" or "small indulgences."

Triaxus is a planet of degenerate dragonfuckers who are also kind of elves and furry.

>Anyone ever played a game that took place on one of the other planets?

Reign of Winter has an entire book on Triaxus, and the setting book "Distant Worlds" details every planet and possible hooks.

There's even a flesh-world filled with violent rape monsters that would make Geiger blush.

Winter Triaxians are furry, Summer Triaxians are probably very hairless.

And there's nothing wrong with fucking dragons, you bigot!

>1 player out of 6 says that they can't come, no big deal
>make a spooky DMing witch costume
>buy food and set up snack bowls on the gridmat
>decorate the place a bit with halloween shit
>spent the evening nervously watching the clock tick waiting
>nobody shows up, even the people who said they'd come before the one apparently mandatory friend canceled
>rip costume to pieces while eating ice cream
How are your games going /pfg/?

Actually no, Summer Triaxans are actually just brown-furred instead of white.

>mfw the lustful Paladin starts taking Harlot Sweets
>mfw as their intelligence drops they start getting put in lewder and lewder situations
>mfw they remain (mentally) pure

It's better than Mars and the two gas-giants filled with monstrous jelly-fish.

>"Honey, what are you doing? You've been pulling rocks though the river all morning. The water is ice cold. Are building a dam?"
"Penance. Two hour of harsh labor for every moment of weakness. For each indulgence."
>"Is that because we... because yesterday?"
"Yeah."
>"But that was just once, and you're here half a day already."
"Got other plans for tonight?"

Who says she's going against her vows?

Think diablo 3 crusaders - they're allowed casual sex; they just gotta keep crusading and they gotta have an apprentice.

my personal headcanon is that the female crusaders prefer anal because getting knocked up forces one to stop crusading for a while

us.battle.net/d3/en/game/lore/short-story/crusader/

>Fem Crusader and female apprentice go to desert; innkeepers son hits on apprentice - offers to bathe with her. Apprentice gets flustered. Crusader finds it amusing; later lectures her apprentice with "you could have taken him up on the offer, young love is beautiful - and our oaths don't foreswear such things and it would probably be good to get it out of the way before you take my name and armor when my crusade ends". Apprentice refuses anyways "Oaths don't prevent it, good taste does".

>gm canceled Saturday for Halloween party
>second week in a row we couldn't play
>won't respond to us asking if we're playing this weekend
>Just fuck my shit up
I just want to necromancer and rpg with good friends, I have so many silly ideas for skeletons, thorium, cobalt 60, uranium, but alas I spooky the nights away writing term papers.

Reeeeee normies

Yo all, Legendary Villains: Vigilantes comes out this Friday, and I continue to love the cover forever.

Everyone having a good spoopoween?

This.

There's nothing in the Paladin's code (besides the Vow of Chastity) that says casual sex is forbidden, in fact some Paladins might see it as a good way to spread love, confidence, sexual experience or even an expression of faith (Shelyn, Arshea and Lymneris.)

>That spoiler

I want that to be my head-canon for Paladins now.

They're all at a party talking about how much of a loser they think you are.
Just kidding, they never think of you.

Okay, I don't know why the cover was that small.

It was for the ant posters

[mariachi version of hello darkness plays softly]

There's also paladins / clerics who worship gods of love / fertility who may be willing to step in as marriage councillors or sexual surrogates. Safe, Sane, Consensual.

Also seen some stuff about ones that work as sort of sacred prostitutes in their off time. Immunity to disease and a boatload of compassion allows for a whole lot of "loving the unloved".

Don't forget about Paladins of Ara-ara~stil

What the fuck man

I remember reading a big long relatively official article about it but I cant remember where. I think it was in the archives of nethys.

Not uncommon to many paladins / clerics. They make sure that no feelings will be hurt etc in doing it though.

Did you actually notify your players, or did you just do a thing and expect people to magically be aware?

It's okay user. I think of of you, I have room in my heart for all the poor fa/tg/uys here.

>Ara-ara~stil

Do you mean Daikitsu? Because the Tien version of Erastil is the Kitsune Goddess Daikitsu.

The sacred prostitutes are Lymnieris (the goddess of prostitutes, virgins and coming of age) and Arshea (the goddess of liking to fuck.) You could argue Shelyn has a thing for free love, but not really; she's more interested in genuine affection between two people, which is often why you'd find Paladins of Shelyn declaring a pretty man or woman the "object of their affection" and doing great works in their name.

As for the fertility bits, that's both Erastil and Shelyn's domain; Shelyn loves babies, and she would undoubtedly look kindly upon a Paladin that offers herself as a surrogate should a wife be barren, or a man proves infertile - hell, odds are the kid will be blessed and come out an Aasimar.

>I remember reading a big long relatively official article about it but I cant remember where. I think it was in the archives of nethys.

Here's the article you might be thinking about; ckoriks-rise-of-the-runelords.obsidianportal.com/wikis/shelyn

The gist of this entire conversation is,

>Shelyn's #1 for a cute, romantic and kind of lewd Paladin/Cleric
>Erastil is #1 if you want a Paladin/Cleric in a duo app with their fiance or even spouse
>Arshea is #1 if you just want a Paladin/Cleric that loves to fuck

Lymnieris is if you want to play a hooker with a heart of gold that rescues children and believes themselves to be too sullied by their past to find love, only to get swept off their feet by a handsome man/woman that loves them for who they are, not what they were~

If other people were saying they would come it's pretty clear that there was some kind of notification they were responding to.

Hmm, not sure that's the article I'm thinking of, but it is an interesting read.

Thanks user

Why do people say the Kineticist is Tier 5? It's at least tier 4.

Ara-arastil is a doe, silly. A deer!

A female deer?

Is this bait?

Alrighty. It's October 31st, at 10:30ish pm, and my Patreon promises at least one thing per month. The last couple weeks have been a bit of a nightmare on my end, and I'm sorry for the long delay. Here's a Halloween treat, though:

I'm happy to announce that I've gotten the Avowed ready for public playtesting. This is not 100% completed (there's still several pacts to add and a decent chunk of clauses to fill out the Greater and Final grades, more feats to write, and one archetype that will be included in this book, and finally an expansion on the fluff section. Also a new cover in the works, but that's not content).

You can find it here: drive.google.com/open?id=0B5HkyGRtGZy3SWVhdWFBWERWWjg

In this PDF is the Avowed base class, playable from 1-20, and the Dragon, Fiend, Old One, Shadow, Otyugh, and Nation pacts. The other pacts for this book (Celestial, Court Fey, Elemental, and Self) haven't been finished yet, but will be up soon, as they're written.

I'll be putting up the vote for November's project in the morning. In the meantime, I hope you enjoy what I've got posted up now, and I look forward to any feedback you've got.

And then there's SarenRAE, a drop of golden sun!

How the devil am I supposed to play a mesmerist?

Pile on the debuffs

What is this, a toy-breed Momiji?

>tfw entire character concept was transcendent warlord
>antipaladin/zealot or gunsmoke mystic using tempest gale for guns and mirthal current for katana melee
>literally entire character concept is "My Right Is That To Rule"

Nigga if you don't use that tempest gale to get some Wanted-grade bullet bending or Equilibrium Gun kata going on than I don't even wanna talk to you.

>tfw put together a ravenloft dungeoncrawl for my 12th level group of NEETs
>themed snacks
>sweet props
>chilling soundtrack
>awesome costume
>puzzles and combat and social encounters alike
>custom magic items for each of their characters
>possibly the greatest session i've ever made
>turn down other halloween parties because i want these guys to have a good time
>confirmed with them two weeks ahead of time
>confirmed again last week
>confirmed again this morning
>everyone's coming for sure
>we were supposed to start three hours ago
>mfw but nobody came

Well fuck you too, then. You'd better all be dead.

>Mivon
>River Kingdom built entirely around advancing in political office through dueling your superior
>The Heir Apparent is a level 9 fighter
>Current ruler is a level 10 fighter

Well gee whizz.

What culture is Mivon supposed to be inspired by, anyway? Gaspar Tellick and Raston Selline give off French vibes, but it's in the Not!Balkans.

Hey, we had the same night! Don't kill your friends user. They are just depressed and don't want to leave their houses or something. Also don't destroy your costume it isn't as cathartic as you may think.

>find an awesome game here on Veeky Forums
>Cool setting and we're going to be working on a joint mining venture creating a settlement and shit in the jungle
>Interesting intrigue is introduced God animals that are flipping the shit out and aberrations coming from the underground river
>Big encounter we manage to kill a Mythic Hydra in one turn that killed 6 of our guys.
>We all get a rank of mythic tier
>Things were actually starting to get fun when exploring the underground river we find psionic shrimp we were going to sell and ancient forges with Platinum still inside (meteor extinction event occured nearby)
>About to head to town to sell all our shit and get mad dosh and get some gear and more workers to setup the camp
>that fucking feel when GM just disappears never said sorry i have to cancel the game due to personal reasons he just never talked again
>still in my friends list on Skype

I feel like I should ask why... but what's the point it all ended way back in june.

I had invested so much time into that game. I and one of the other players did the record keeping and calculated what workers we were going to hire for a mix of profit and efficiency the other guy even made a balance spreadsheet for our company.

It's a hodge-podge of French, Italian and Spanish. Basically any culture that had a culture that valued duelists in some form.

>Lymnieris worshipper is swept off her feet by a strong, earnest young Erastilean
>Why care about the past when they can build a future together?

10/10 would read a trashy short story about it

>Short story
>not duo app for that campaign everyone's excited for

The Swallowtail Festival at the start of the campaign attracts the Erastilian, and the town already has a very pleasant brothel called the Pixie's Kitten, for the Lymnieris.

>realization that the campaign is going to attract a fuckton of duo-apps
>no real room in most of my potential characters to set up anything like that
>was probably going to just roll with "shut-in who finally decides to go out and live, starting with the festival"

Fuck now I'm trying to figure out how to multiclass to squeeze in a 2 level magus dip yet have a full CL on one side, yet I hate multiclassing.

You're fine dude, duo apps are a meme and probably won't even be a major thing for the campaign.

I'm not gonna kill 'em but I am fucking done DMing for them. Last straw. They don't respect and appreciate the work that goes into it, they don't get it anymore.

Sorry your night turned to shit, mate.

I don't really care about it, but the duo-app meme is in full swing, so it's likely to cause enough of a ruckus to drown everything else out.

Still salty that the magus arcane pool doesn't get translated to the enhancement sphere. Also still not sure how to set up one side of the gestalt. Magus 2/[something with initiating], with straight Incanter down the other side of the gestalt, looked kind of fun, but I just don't know.

>tfw I just want to play an accomplished swordsman who wants to live a quiet life, retiring to Sandpoint from the hustle and bustle of Magnimar to paint

Happy little trees, that's all he wants.

So /pfg/ I'm making a homebrew class mashing the Aegis and Soulknife for ultimate Green Lantern-iness. Also because base Soulknife is weak and Aegis is just for dips.

Here are my first thoughts/first mock up, and I'm looking for any and all critique.

>First level gain both a Soulblade and an Astral Suit
>>Possibly change Soulblade from a straight progression to customization points like the Astral Suit? Change some Blade Skills into customizations?
>>>Increase customization points
>Second and every even level get a talent (Blade Skills + talents made for the Agis and the new powers)
>Fifth level get an ability to make walls and platforms
>>Customizations and talents for this. Name: Ectoplasmic Edifice(?)
>Ninth Level get energy tentacle. Grab things, grapple foes, etc
>>Customizations and talents for this. More tentacles, Grab and Constrict attacks...
>Level 13 Astral Construct as a Psi-Like ability
>Level 17 and Level 20 capstone... still thinking about it.
>Other odd levels get some smaller abilities like Reconfigure and Augment.
>Archetypes for specializing on the Soulblade, specializing on the Astral Suit, trading the Green Lantern stuff for psionic powers, veils or maneuvers.

Any thoughts, comments, name calling?

How do I optimize for sodomy with 1pp only?

1d4chan.org/wiki/Arseplomancer

Barbarian, probably.

Activate Rage when you want to ruin that ass.

Pretty sure there's a blade skill that gives you a suit and some customizations

If I'm a Packmaster Hunter level 7 and have a level 3 and 4 creature, and get Boon Companion x2 are they considered to be level 7 and 8, respectively? Or does it not work that way?

Fantasy worlds are dangerous places. Apprenticeships are hardcore due to the following journeyman phase, so every starting journeyman is a level 1 gestalt of their trade and an adventuring class. The hardcore training continues to give a second and final gestalt level. Kids are L0 gestalts. Ordinary levels after that.

Nope. There is an archetype that gives a shitty armor but no customization and it reduces you enhancements on the armor and the blade by 2. Don't remember if it was made into a Blade Skill on the newwer books.

But it's not just about getting armor, it's about being a full astral artisan, a soul sculptor. Also because having a class that makes armor and one that makes weapons separately has always grated my autism. They're basically two sides of the same power.

>ywn be in the best duo app of all time

Anyone want to duo app for me for the Lewd Gestalt game?

I'm a NE Insinuator Antipaladin/Gunsmoke Mystic whose entire theme is "Mine is the Right to rule.".

I need a strategist to compliment my charismatic leader. Anyone want to join me to conquer?

I need to come up with a sort of rogue that makes little gadgets that she can use for general rogue business.

Any ideas?

I'm already in a game, else I'd turn it into a trio-app and roll up some dumb muscle for those guys.

Every conquest needs the following:
>Charismatic Warlord
>Conniving Strategist
>Big Muscle
>Laughing Trickster

The conqueror and his generals essentially.

What are the three best APs? I'm thinking of running a Pathfinder game for my group but I can't decide which one. One has played Pathfinder, one has played 3.5, two have never played tabletop before but have played lots of RPG games and one has played 2e, fyi.

Iron Gods
Jade Regent
Rise of the Runelords

Your excellency.

Let me explain these a little.

Iron Gods is a crazy adventure fighting robots on spaceships using ancient technology and going up an AI trying to achieve divinity.

Jade Regent is ASIAN ADVENTURES bringing a country from the brink of anarchy, and has a romance system.

Rise of the Runelords is the most classic adventure of the three.

i really hate the halloween theme.

It's only a couple more hours 'till November 1st in Pacific Time. Your suffering is nearly at an end.

Skulls and Shackles
You are a pirate.
Drown in booze, coin, power and wenches.

And water. Don't be that guy with a negative to your swim check.

I wish kingmaker was good.

Best Class and spec for a Necromancer mechanics wise?

Best Class and spec for a Necromancer flavor wise?

Because I think about this way too much.

Thank god.

I don't know why dark blue and orange is hard for me to read. I like the default Veeky Forums theme a lot

>tfw you're the only lawfag in your group
Why must I suffer through this?