Serious question here

Serious question here

If the Chaos Space Marine Legions have been in the eye of terror since the Horus Heresy what do they eat?

They probably don't need to eat since I think even base Astartes don't have to. Although I wouldn't be surprised if there are cannibals there, ecspecially Khornate ones.

Unrefined Soylent Green

Whatever they can find.

>They probably don't need to eat since I think even base Astartes don't have to
You know enough about 40k fluff to be a Black Library author.

Rage, their own shit, semen and hope.

You realize there are populated planets in and around the Eye of Terror right?

CSM eating regular humans has popped up a few times in fluff.

Even Primarchs did it. When Konrad Curze was hiding out on the Invincible Reason he would nom on the crew to keep up his strength.

That's not unusual with any fanbase. Harry Potter, Star Wars, and ASOIAF fans know way more than the authors.

LOTR is questionable since Tolkein was autistic as fuc

This.
Actually being in the Eye of Terror isn't too different from normal space aside from the daemons popping into existence around you. And if you can deal with that, you can operate pretty effectively.

Isn't there a ASOIAF fan who the author regularly asks if he forgot shit?

I think it's more because Tolkien just never got to finsishing a perfect world and in retrospect, regretted a lot of decisions like making Orcs irredeemable. I also think there were letters involved.

No how does that work inside the eye? And they can grow food and produce from there can they? How do they have enough free time to farm and crow crops?

Yes, he even basically wrote the worldbuilding book The World of Ice and Fire because Gurm couldn't be damned

>They probably don't need to eat since I think even base Astartes don't have to.

Marines eat, less than humans but they do eat, their armor recycles their own feces and urine and turns it into supply for the marine to live on, besides they can probably go around eating whatever they find, from corpses to poisonous plants if shit gets rough.

Thats just people!

But yeah CSM probably just feast on their slaves or simply dont eat if their mutations are radical enough, like plague marines or noise marines that live on cocaine.

They eat all of the horrible mutant shit that lives in the Eye and probably human servants as well, depending on how degenerate the Legion/Renegade Warband in question is.

How can who do that? The marines? They're not doing it. The civilizations that live of those worlds do. The Eye of Terror is not Limbo from Planescape. Not everything is existing in this constant swirling tornado of death at all times. The tornado of death may be visible from your house, but the people have adapted to either figure out how to move their house when the tornado gets close or to move the tornado by sending out their own pet murder hurricane to drive it off.

The tears of salty Imperials that can't get over the fact that their Emperor is now a glorified flashlight for Navigators.

Maugan Ra's craft world was fucked up after being in the eye of terror for so long so do you have any sources on that.

The Planet of the Sorcerers in the Ahriman series.
Skalathrax in Kharn: Eater of Worlds
Almost every single world described in Black Crusade.

That said, you seemed to have missed the very important part of being able to deal with infinite daemons popping into existence around you. Craftworld Altansar clearly was not able to do so.

Oh, forgot Talon of Horus and the Night Lords series. There's no geller field on those bad boys.

>When the Thousand Sons first arrived on the planet, they found it unpopulated. Over thousands of years of raiding, they have acquired a multitude of minions. This has created a servant underclass, some of which have escaped their masters into the hostile land. These escaped servants then often join the nominally independent nomadic warbands upon the Planet of the Sorcerers, warbands led by both Champions from the Thousand Sons or powerful mortals risen from the ranks of the escaped servants. Often, these mortal champions arising among the warbands are then recruited back to serve the Thousand Sons. Individuals with psychic powers are much sought after for the Thousand Sons to act as servants, becoming known as Thrall Wizards, psykers bound to the service of particular Sorcerers. Also notable is the amount of Beastmen arisen upon the planet, a subordinate population group that developed over thousands of years. While some of these mutants - specifically referred to as Tzaangors - enter various warbands, most remain wild. Little is said of flora or fauna, apart from the presence of Chaos Hounds amongst some warbands.
Huh what do you know.

Co-opting this thread for my own retarded lore question. Khorne's thing is spilling blood, so does he get less power from killing that doesn't involve that?

Specifically, let's say a Khornate Cult is trying to summon something by killing a bunch of people and each other. Could a bunch of SoBs go in there with flamers or plasma and kill them without summoning the daemon? Does the killing and violence itself trigger it, or the spilling of blood specifically? Could you spite Khorne by destroying someone's skull and rendering it unusable as throne material?

it depends

There's no set logic chaos shit operates on, beyond narrative convenience.

I would assume it depends on the intent of the sacrifice.

If it just required death, then any form of violent death would suffice. But, if it required the sacrifice of blood, then things like incineration, strangulation and the like shouldn't trigger the ritual.

No imagination.

Very possibly. You see when it comes to the warp, the intent of an act is just as important as the act itself. A blade wielded by a murder and a blade wielded by a surgeon may have cut open the exact same number of people and ended the same number of lives, but the intent behind its wielders could give the blades themselves very distinct echoes in the warp as well. The same could go for the fire being wielded by the Sisters compared to the fires burning the cultist's victims. Materially their the same fire.

And the awesome thing is that there are certainly cults of Khorne that don't believe that. They instead believe that all violence, of any kind, strengthens Khorne, and they'll be able to find evidence to support that. There's a thousand dogmatic differences within Khornate beliefs alone, let alone all of chaos.

*they're not their
I will burn for that one.

>Bubonicus has shaped his world into one of pestilence and death, covered in boiling lakes of blood from which spheres of fire float into the sky and spread their light across the firmament. This corrupt world is famous for its vast prayer gangs. The planet's equator is surrounded by a dancing human chain, that sings and dances the praises of Nurgle as they circle the planet. As they dance, the revelers slowly develop Nurgle's Rot, causing them to eventually mutate into Plaguebearers. When this happens the Plaguebearers leave to join their master and new mortals take their place so that the circle is always complete. This theatrical conceit pleases Nurgle tremendously, so much so that Bubonicus has commanded that the dance should never cease.
Lol this shit is awesome and I love 40k.

Check out Mammon. Tribes of humans dedicated to worshiping the God-Emperor as excessively as possible until they get picked up by Slaaneshi cults.

>Khorne's thing is spilling blood, so does he get less power from killing that doesn't involve that?

I'd say no because there are khornate cults that use artillery like the blood pact, and there isnt much blood after you and your pals get hit by artillery and turned into craters, but the act of waging war does fuel Khorne so with chaos its always about intent.

slaves, stolen food, hatred, excrement, blood, mana, feedback, religious doctrine, you're eating for them

I feel like the artillery that Khorne units use would be designed to cause as much bleeding as possible through extra shrapnel or something.

while abaddon was laying low after the HH he at least partially subsisted on a cocktail of gasoline and ectoplasm

Based on the current quality of the codex

Dick

Most probably don't need to eat. I mean, they are in the warp essentially, so physical laws don't really apply everywhere. Plus marines in general are incredibly resilient, so yeah... They probably gain more energy from killing, fucking, mutating shit for their patron God, than they would by eating food.

>there isnt much blood
You are completely wrong.