EDH/Commander General

If all legendary creatures had partner, which two would you partner up first to make a deck?

Old: RESOURCES

>Official Site: Contains deck building rules and the current ban list.
mtgcommander.net

>Deck List Site: You can search for decks that other people have made. Authors often have comments that explain their deck’s strategy and card choices.
tappedout.net

>Another resource for commander discussion; they have an entire forum dedicated to discussing decks. People often make primers, which go into detail about how they built and play their deck.
mtgsalvation.com/forums/the-game/commander-edh

>Statistically see what everyone else puts in their commander decks based on what is posted to the internet.
edhrec.com/

>Find out what lands you can add to your deck, sorted by category, based on a chosen Commander’s color identity.
manabasecrafter.com/

>CARD SEARCHING

>Official search site. Current for all sets.
gatherer.wizards.com/

>Unofficial, but has GOAT search interface.
magiccards.info

Other urls found in this thread:

tappedout.net/mtg-decks/bant-blink-steal-keep-stuff/
magic.wizards.com/en/articles/archive/feature/basic-lands-commander-2016-edition-2016-10-25
tappedout.net/mtg-decks/29-10-16-dXm-elves/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

1st for partner is bad and you should feel bad

>If all legendary creatures had partner, which two would you partner up first to make a deck?

the OP and a black dude LOL

>why don't Wizards cater to MY degeneracy!
i mean ya? its fucking bullshit that gay niggers get cards but lolicons dont

>If all legendary creatures had partner, which two would you partner up first to make a deck?
You've managed to find a premise for the thread worse than arguing that ponder is card advantage.

Speaking of which, card advantage!

Xth for Krasios is broken as shit.

Negative card advantage is a form of card advantage.

Probably Nekusar and Mizzix for a All-Star Wheels of Steel deck

It's not even Krasios, it's Thrasios isn't it?

teysa and some blue green dude just so she gets some interference

>illness is a form of health

That's what I thought but someone said Krasios last thread.

unlife is a form of life

Is there a gallery for the new basics? I don't think they're in the mothership spoiler

Reposting from last thread, budget suggestions for a jank blink-steal-keep Rubinia?
tappedout.net/mtg-decks/bant-blink-steal-keep-stuff/

magic.wizards.com/en/articles/archive/feature/basic-lands-commander-2016-edition-2016-10-25

Play something else.

1st for saying not putting Chromatic Lantern in everyone of the prebuilts was a major fuckup along with having no unique, good, or new lands.(excluding the new art basics) Also Partner is a meh tier mechanic overall fight me.

For some reason, Krasios was in my phone's dictionary, and autocorrect snuck up on me.

Also, now I'm not certain of if "broken infinite mana commander" is supposed to be Thrasios, who, upon getting infinite mana just let's you draw every spell and drop every land in your library, or Kydele, who can generate infinite mana in any 3 piece combination of her, an untapper, and a repeatable, "pay X, draw Y" card. OR someone else I'm overlooking entirely.

Everyone already agrees that Partner is shit and the Partner cards are all shit.
Wizards says 4c is the worst thing to design for and there's no space, yet the 4c legends are the most interesting part of all the new cards.
The Partners are all so shit, they all feel sub-$1 non-legend non-mythic normal bulk rare levels of power. They're all a big let-down, and everyone is giving Wizards HELL for what they did to Ludevic.

The guy was probably talking about Kydele and Thrasios together. And yeah, Kydele+Sword of the Paruns and drawing 4 cards in the turn is infinite mana to dump on Thrasios.

Suggestions on something else?

I was talking about Thrasios, I replied to your crap last thread. Kydele is a 4 mana do little decent ramp bad combo commander that goes coincidentally infinite in convoluted ways.

oh fuck I almost forgot about ludvic
>izzet partner commander
>has nothing to do with spell slinging, burn or any other izzet fun stuff
>maro will defend this

I like Silas Renn for an Esper Deck and Boompile seems fun. Thats it for the new non-commanders.

Both of the UG ones and both of the BW partners are good.

its just that everything red touches it turns to shit.

That's not the issue, but that doesn't help either.
The issue is that Ludevic is THE biggest, best Stitcher necromancer on Innistrad, on par with Geralf, and his card is not only not black, it doesn't even have anything to do with his flavor AT ALL. No zombie making, no B, nothing. His card is the antithesis of card-flavor working together.
Everyone that liked or was interested in Innistrad lore has been giving Wizards hell over it.

>4 am in yuroland
>supposed to be taking an exam in c# in 6 hours
>mental energy levels at 110%
>just designing custom deck boxes in blender for edh decks to build out of wood later and playing edh in xmage and listening to sick beats on the youtubes
>solving captchas at a rate of 2 per second and shitposting about stupid shit at the same time

WHAT A TIME TO BE ALIVE

Thrasios is on a level entirely above any of the other commanders and the five mana do nothing WB commander is terrible.

Umbral Mantle also makes Kydele go infinite with drawing four or more

He's more than just a stitcher. He made a fucking Kaiju. He shoved Werewolf bits onto metal and animated it. Hell, he used the PRINCIPLES of necro-alchemy to animate a bunch of scrap powered by Geists. He's not just the best stitcher on the plane, he's the best creator of life, period.

I should probably start porting decks to xmage to test. Is it better than Cockatrice? Not that that's a high bar.

I can think of better value engines than "4: Coiling Oracle" in U/G. Being 'on a level entirely above' dogshit is neither difficult nor impressive.

To be fair, if your two-card combo also requires you to draw 4 cards before you can even start it, it's not a good combo.

What makes you say he is terrible? He is a solid card, and when you pair him with any of the other great ones he is FREE. No memeing, just pure CA.

Its easily top 3 of the BW goodstuff generals, and when you pair it with the other one, its just the best BW goodstuff general.

Prove me wrong.

Yeah Tasigur is shit too right?

Yeah, he's really not impressive if you don't have infinite mana, just a worse Tasigur.

It's not that hard to draw three after your draw step, especially if you don't care much about pitching stuff.

I wouldn't say it's amazing, but it's a huge step above any of the other partners, and being able to have Thrasios always there to dump the mana into is great.

>H-hey guys, mind if I play with some unhinged and unglued cards?
Sure that's cool, nothing broken though
>okay, also my commander isn't legendary
No biggie
>okay, turn one I will play a plains and tap for my commander little girl
Ooooh a a joke commander

[few turns later]
>I'll play tangle wire
Oh a stax deck. Now big. I'll tap down then pass
>I-ill tap the little girl *snort*
Umm alright... I'll just bolt her
>then I'll cast sex appeal targeting my waif-*ackem* little girl
>now I'll play clergy en-vec, and an Auriok Champion
That's a weird alter user...
>now I'll cast glory seeker. Not the most powerful but still has exceptional flavortext
I'm out. This is fucked man
>next! Unlikely alliance! A-and a tanglesap!
THATS NOT EVEN WHITE YOU FUCK

way better. it's a little unstable sometimes, but if you play on the US servers you should have a good time. it's actually so good with the rules that it's instructional, i'm way better at understanding an exploiting the stack in real life now thanks to xmage.

Repeatable CA in the form multiple main phase draw on a three drop is leagues better than a regrow a turn on a five drop.

>It's a huge step above any of the other partners
That's not exactly a difficult bar to cross. It's like being the most well-groomed guy at a ponyfucker convention.

>finding combos in your deck that you didn't even know you had
Is there anything better?

this card seems stupidly powerful

I know right? Voltaic key goes with everything in Kurkesh. Gaining infinite mana in mono red is pretty satisfying, even if my two ways to do it are conviluted. I need either doubling cube and be able to produce 9 mana, or hymm of battle on isochron scepter and a total of three creatures and just go to town untapping with the key.

Sir Kondo is objectively the best commander

But you can literally run both at the same time

Trying to build rashmi elfball, would love some help trimming down to 100. Trying to make good enough to bring to local events.

tappedout.net/mtg-decks/29-10-16-dXm-elves/

You can also put 99 Swamps into a 5 color deck, that doesn't mean you should.

This is why I can't stop playing mono-red artifacts, you're always piecing together weird combos with whatever you get.

You can't run swamps as your general with your better general, without changing the color of your deck.

It wasn't a 1:1 metaphor. It was simply saying that something being possible does not make it preferable.

So how's this: You could also put Sorrow's Path into any deck instead of a useful 99th card. That doesn't mean you should.

Your metaphor is shit because none of those cards are also your general. If you wanted to run BW good stuff the best general is picking the partners together, followed closely by the atheros.

You are fucking retarded.

>this idiot arguing about analogies because his feelings are hurt
His point was pretty clear, just because you're upset doesn't mean you need to act like a jackass.

Okay, let me be even clearer.

I wouldn't even run Regrowth McNoshirt in my 99, let alone as an always-available Commander. There's cheaper and less vulnerable Anthem effects, and there's more reliable reanimation in those colors. He does two things poorly instead of one thing well, or two things FAIRLY well.

>consensual, legal, adult relationships
>actual pedophilic fetish that any civilized society in the past 1000 years has stamped out entirely.

Vela and Edric

Meren and Ezuri

You run him with kalemne. Maybe that's what you aren't getting? Kalemne is already good, and you get to run 98 cards instead of 99 which is just better. And hey, if you wind up in a situation where he is good to play you play him. (Maybe after a mind slicer or when you need to rebuild) . You keep evaluating him as part of the 99, but he is not. You lose nothing by running him with kalemne, and you are stupid as fuck that you are making me spell this out. Running 99 cards instead of 98 is not an improvement.

Arcum and Slobad
Now I'll have a totally fair Izzet artifact commander.

Jhoira and Rashmi because I'm a sick bastard.

Why not the world would i spend a partner on ravos with Tymna. I'd rather play kondo as an evasion engine to consistently get her draw and get a third color, or play Ludevic and double up on the draw and get access to blue's flying men plus four colors.

Because then you aren't BW anymore?
Also your opinion is discarded if you are running Ludovic period.

Trying to cut between the two;

Fists of the Anvil or Screaming Fury in Zada, Hedron Grinder.

Why do you need to play BW?

How are you running him with Kalemne? What the fuck ate you talking about?

You people seriously need to get the fuck over Ludevic. Like holy shit. You are really fooling yourself if you think ravos is better than Ludevic.

I'd say keep Fists.
Going down to sorcery speed for just +1/+0 more and haste doesn't seem good enough of a trade-off.

Keep Fists. The haste on Screaming Fury is nice, but it's sorcery speed, and you should be running cantrips like Crimson Wisps for that, since you end up with massive card draw.

And +4/+0 can really fuck people up at instant speed for 2 mana.

>mfw the lands in the 4c commanders

I didn't expect them to reprint the high priced lands like the shocks, fethces, or lorwyn filters. But they couldn't have added shimmering grotto or mana confluence? The land fixing is gonna be a bitch

Fuck me, got tymna and kalemne switched up

Because my argument was that tymna and fuccboi together are the best bw goodstuff general.

If we aren't using color as a limiter, just about everything loses to 5c hermit, but needing a general able to easily beat that seems excessive to say it's good.

Give me Padeem and Slobad. Hexproof and indestructible sitting in the command zone, and one of them comes with a free sac outlet?

Ask your playgroup if you can run Saheeli though, turns out she's crazy useful when you build around her.
>Her first ability
No one ever complains about scrying once a turn, and this one comes with a free "annoy your opponents"
>Second ability
Three modes, all useful to complete a combo: Panharmonicon (sorta), Sculpting Steel (sorta), and Liquimetal Coating (sorta)
>Third ability
Boring because it wins the game instantly. Wouldn't you rather cobble victory together yourself?

>5c hermit Boogeyman meme
Seriously?

Joven and Chandler. It'd be fun and I bet I could totally fucking get away with it if I made it.

Is Krenko, Mob Boss worth it in the 99 as a token producer even if you don't have many other goblins?

>Padeem and Slobad
This would rule so hard. God damn.

It is actually pushing on the edge of self-censorship that in 20 years of writing stories about an infinite multiverse, we don't have a single character who is a child.

We have way too many child rulers, soldiers, rogues and warriors of note in just one planet, Magic only has Origins-flashbacks Chandra.

So this guy used to lead my Naya Goodstuff deck a loooooooong time ago before I switched it to Mayael due to the majority of the deck being power 5 or greater. The deck never really had synergy with Rith.

So how do I build this guy? Is it just tokens.Dec? If so, I'd probably be more amp to build prossh cuz I already have G/W Trostani.

Teysa and Augustin.
Rhys and Purphoros.
Oloro and Karlov.
Keranos and UB Sygg.

These guys, best partners.

Purpheros and Memnarch could make a mean artifact deck.

Brago and ayli could be pretty bonkers.

>Purpheros and Memnarch could make a mean artifact deck
Purphoros has absolutely nothing to do with artifacts.

>this guy
While ordinarily he doesn't, there are a shitload of 2 for 1 artifacts out there and Memnarch with the threat of burning someone to death and all the darietti artifact tech seems pretty good.

I don't really understand where you're going with this deck idea. What 2 for 1 artifacts are you thinking of?

I feel like the deck would constantly be torn in 2 very different directions: either huge token spam or stealing everyone's shit.

atheism is a religion

I hear what you're saying, but still disagree in general. How do you feel about Ash Barrens? I think it's pretty great

You're over thinking things. Memnarch on his own steals things if you get enough mana. Running all the usual red and blue artifact ramp is pretty spicy as it is, but with partner purpheros you now have an on-demand combo engine the second you're ready, and if that isn't working, you use the same setup and shift gears with Memnarch. In a control setup, you only need consistent artifact cycling or scrap mastery to instantly win. Sure, kurkesh is probably better in hindsight but I ran a moderately successful purpheros artifact deck back in the day, and a rite of replication'd myr battlesphere seems hilarious.

Yeah, she's just saproling tokens.dec, and not very good at it as she needs to hit someone to make any.

yeah, because he can build up tons of gobbos himself and can become a big threat if left alive especially if you have ways to untap. in 5 turns after you play him you have 36 buggers.

>if left alive
That's a big "if." Krenko is a bit of a lightning rod for removal.

Plus by himself it takes a long time for him to build up any sort of presence. He doesn't do anything the turn he comes in and relys on not being touched.

It actually is, so is scientism.

>scientism.
perhaps you mean scienceeology

Prossh + Purphoros for aggro
Derevi + Horoki for control
Ghave + Mikaeus(B) for combo

fun times everyday

>the absence of religion is a religion
Whew.

>check for interesting commanders
>decide both BW ones look interesting
>put a whole decklist on paper based around Tymna
>google and gatherer exotic cards based around 'each opponent'
>include fantastic Orzhov extort cards
>"man, this BW control deck will be sweet - i'll draw so many cards!"
>re-read Tymna while being pleased
>suddenly notice the word 'combat'
>mfw
>throw the notes out the window next to my hopes and dreams

Fucking kid friendly card design these days.

Nope, scientism is the belief that only scientifically proven claims are meaningful and the inclination to defend them with a rather religious zealotry.

Science inherently knows it knows notthing and must keep exploring. Scientism thinks of science as dogma. Scientology wants your money, now!

We told you Partners were shit.
Except for UG of course, UG must always be pushed because it "just does the best things you can do in commander" and the people who make the game obviously don't have the power to even the field for everyone else.

>le broken meme answers
Did no one at all even attempt to come up with legendaries at a power level that they would conceivably have partner?

>How do you feel about Ash Barrens?

I don't. I'll run my fetches and myriad landscape to grab my basics

define "meaningful" and quantify "rather". These sound like personal hangups. If you want to be a contrarian, go be a fag somewhere else.

why run myriad landscape over ash barrens?

I want a deck with a lot of synergy - something that always feels like it's working towards a goal, where every card works toward the goal. Im tired of goodstuff decks.
Suggestions?

Not him, but myriad will ramp you on its own.
Ash barrens takes the place of things like Terramorphic Expanse.