Western artwork/concepts

I'm thinking of running a historical western game with gurps. I need some artwork for inspo. Anything old west pleeease.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=fxq34jxjihE&list=PLwGXYKFLjnO9C-TLEssBblPn1l0KivjT-&index=8
rsdb.org/race/native_americans
1d4chan.org/images/c/c3/DocTheta.png
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

bump before bed

bump with ambient red dead. youtube.com/watch?v=fxq34jxjihE&list=PLwGXYKFLjnO9C-TLEssBblPn1l0KivjT-&index=8

Fucking love Remington, I've seen all these in person.

this thread is very relevant to my interests

in fact, what i am looking for is western characters in cool poses

For some reason, Italy has a long tradition of western comics. The biggest one is Tex Willer, which has been going on since the 50es and is, IMO, a great source of inspiration for gonzo western games. I don't know if they've ever been translated though.

Quick Google search says some issues were translated to English by some UK company and Dark Horse published original Tex story in English.

>western with gurps
Am so jelly.

That guy's face. Jesus Christ.

s-sauce?

yuyushiki but im pretty sure the destroyed mountain is eva rebuild or something.

His look is inspired by Robert Redford, indeed.
>gif related
Less beardy, though.

Commencing a Tex mini-dump for the thread.
1/15

2/15

4/15

5/15

6/15

7/15

8/15

9/15

10/15

11/15

12/15

13/15

14/15

15/15

And with this I consider my contribution to the thread completed, and retire. I hope these pictures were a decent inspiration.

My guess would be all the spaghetti westerns that were filmed there

>My guess would be all the spaghetti westerns that were filmed there

Not realli. Spaghetti western were mostly shot in the seventies, these pulp comics came out in the fifties if not earlier. Probably both are expressions of a desire for adventure and almost mythical stories about a far away land. It's all a reinterpretation of an iconography, far removed from the original thing. But it can still be quite interesting.

Ah gotcha

page 9

Op here. Might post the first page of the setting when I get home.
My first mission for the pcs I think is going to be dealing with a small tribe of apaches that have been horse theivin and kindapping people around the small mining town they start in.

On another note, I need racist slurs for the general setting.
Mostly Indians.
I've got so far:
>bow benders
>tree ni***s
>feather necks
There's a Mexican gun smith npc that is sort of a criminal as well, could use some Mexican slang words for white guys too..

What would be a good system for a low fantasy, high lethality western game?

Why not use historical ones:

rsdb.org/race/native_americans

page 10

You could run RuneQuest 6/Mythras with their firearm module. Good magic systems in it.

if you're not too wedded to realism, you might find this useful (either way its pretty amusing)

1d4chan.org/images/c/c3/DocTheta.png

bye bye sweet thread. Thanks for the inspo everyone.

>Assassin's Creed: Cattle Run
One day....

How do you feel about fantasy/sci-fi western?