Abominations

Whats your favourite abomination from the 3e epic level handbook Veeky Forums (if you have not read it abominations are basicly the failed children of gods
d20srd.org/srd/epic/monsters/abomination.htm)
I quite like the atropal and i will be using it very soon.

I also think a 3 headed Xixecal could be fun.
Has anybody seen or come up with ideas for abominations not in the handbook.

Any storys of abominations in your games would be apreciated as well.

an atropal with wizard levels would be very scary indeed

bump

>I also think a 3 headed Xixecal could be fun.
They don't have necks, so how?

It would work better as a sorcerer.

Yo mama

I figure you would just have the heads on a flat platform and they can pivot on the spot.

I ran a series of games once where the party was a group of well-known adventurers that had to find and slay one each of all the abominations. Kind of like a boss rush but with downtime. They got physical descriptions of the bosses but no other stats or hints.

Xixecal was my favorite

Sounds like fun.

God I love the epic handbook. I know people consider it the worst sourcebook of all time but right next to Elder Evils it is my absolute favorite. NOTHING has captured my imagination like those books. It wasn't just the "epickness" that impressed me, it was the sheer dread and oddity that some of these monsters inspired. The atropal is like a deific abortion; it's fucked up, and deadly, at the same time. The hecatoncheries are just the stuff of nightmares. These monsters just seemed so cool. And shit like Nailed to the Sky and Hellball, really felt like this sort of forbidden lore. Like you really were stretching the powers of reality.

I really want to adapt this stuff for 5e. I've already begun working on the monsters.

>Whats your favourite abomination from the 3e epic level handbook Veeky Forums
Better question, make up your own homebrew abomination!

What's its story? What does it summon, what's its weakness, what are its unique abilities?

So basically just send a necromancer or lich to kill it?

I dont know much about 5e (advantage completly turned me off from it) but isn't +11 attack bonus absurdly low
That ac to

Still that looks like some good work otherwise i look forward to seeing more of what comes out of your project.

At will dispel magic.

Hecatoncheires is my favorite, just because its battle plan is so disgustingly simple.
It just attacks 100 times a round.
Thankfully, because a typical human is too small, it can only hit them 15 times a round. Woe betide anything with a Huge size or larger, as they get no such benefit.
Its other strategy is to summon another Hecatoncheires that joins it in beating up stuff.
200 swords coming at you every single round.

Now. Give them all Vorpal swords!

I might try and put together some sort of son of Fharlanghn. It would be absurdly fast and summom some sort of horse creature

At least you can be thankful it will probably only summon a second one if its in deep trouble.

This one's also great for assorted crazy shit, but the numbers are even more all over the place than ELH.

I do wonder why the epic level handbook did not go into larger size classes.
I would not have expected it to go as far as the epic biestery did but 1 extra size class was not enough.

Read the early pages, mate. It adds 9 prefixes to size categories, each of which being its own size category.
Yes, that means Mega-Small is significantly larger than Colossal and that sounds silly, and anything past Macro-Tiny is pretty much nonsensical in the first place but still.

Im talking about the offical epic level handbook.

does anyone know of any actual plays or transcripts of games using this thing? The sheer numbers and scale involved just kinde boogle my mind, I've no idea how a session of gameplay would even function.

Oh. I'm drunk.

Never seen anybody use it. The general consensus is that it would be damn near unplaybale, not because it's necessarily badly written (although some of the numbers it gives are pretty damn wonky), but because combat would bog down to a ridiculous degree from the massive amounts of skills and modifiers. Basically take all the problems in playing 3.5 at very high levels, and multiply by several orders of magnitude.

>That font

Yeah I should probably give it more powerful abilities and spells but I'm not sure what to give it.

Use a Death knight with a flaming sword then?

>Elder Evils
My nigger. Finally someone else sees that book like I do.

i think the dream larva is pretty cool

Yeah. That shit was the stuff of nightmares. I remember finding in Barnes and Noble back in 2006 or so. Those were the days.Just the cover made me so excited for high level D&D. Like, we're going to be fighting a half-formed god made of worms on the rooftops of a falling city? Sign me the fuck up.

I still plan to use Father Llymic once my party gets its ass back to their home town. It's been a long 8 years campaign. It'll be nice to finally bring the main plotline to fruition.

I'm using Llymic in a game I'm running right now

Elder Evils is one of my favorite books and I want to run each and every boss in it.