Warhammer 40k General

Dancing Necrons in the Bottom Left Corner Edition

>Rules
mega.nz/#F!Wl5DAbCb!TYxZG4CgX_x-NJu7JBwbZQ!2tgBUTYI

mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ!ddAxALZD

mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg

mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ

>FAQ’s and Errata (outdated but official)
games-workshop.com/en-GB/Rules-Errata

>40k 7th edition quick reference sheet(s).
dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/4104995/Games/7edRef.pdf

>Forgeworld Book index
dakkadakka.com/wiki/en/Forge_World_and_Apocalypse_Rules_Index

>The Black Library(Stay the fuck away from the clowns)
mega.nz/#F!wx4BiKhD!YhnAf1BqSmAB8dO6xDM56Q!c4pGAJDb

Other urls found in this thread:

forgeworld.co.uk/resources/PDF/Datasheets/Magaera.pdf
youtube.com/watch?v=PO6Zk5qkYcA
reddit.com/r/Warhammer40k/comments/5agwhx/what_itc_ratings_can_tell_us_about_game_balance/
youtube.com/watch?v=FaCHBmGWcBc
games-workshop.com/en-CA/Battle-Sister-with-Simulacrum-Imperialis
youtube.com/watch?v=4Q7cIyWadUg
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

So,I've been wondering. Why aren't there handicap numbers for 40k armies? Like I get that there are tier lists, but those aren't really definitive.

Has anyone ever taken large amounts of win/loss data and used it to apply an actual numerical value to each codex? I think it could be done, and if it was it could be used as a handicap multiplier to figure out how much advantage a codex should have over another.

That won't work because every codex can make a bad army. You would need to handicap specific lists.

Yeah, but with enough data you would average out the best lists with the worst lists. It would provide a general power level for each codex, and a jumping off point for making closer matched games.

>some guy is selling double boxes of AdMech stuff on eBay for less than half the price of one box
>only expensive kits are up
>this is such a sweet deal by gum
>he only ships to the UK
What's the fucking POINT

At that point you would not need handicaps because you might as well balance the codex. Plus if the handicaps were independent from GW they would be ignored. I mean there already is a community imposed handicap on special weapons on elder jet bikes that is mostly ignored.

Yo, would I be able to solicit list building advice for a high powered superheavy brawl where my opponent is also bringing a ton of shit, or would I be laughed at and called a power gaming fag?

There's shipping companies that you can get to ship stuff outside of a country. He'd just send it to them, then they send it to you. It's how aussies like me get around GW's foreign trading ban.

If somebody could pull an entire tournament's worth of data with army lists and results, you could create "win rates" for each unit and formation represented in the tournament (aggregating similar-looking units into the category.)

We could figure out just what percentage of games demi compapny and scatterbikes manage to win. Given that it would be a tournament, the win rates should be not too far from fifty percent - these guys aren't exactly going to be beating up nobs.

So my Space Wolves have been doing great lately. I am really suprised by the results of switching the Rhinos to Drop pods. Also the third unit of grey hunters is way better than using Murderfang. All I can think of to move up my army to the next level is some Wulfen but I cant decide if I should toss in a Murderpack or just use them in slot and maybe with a flier. Enemy fliers are my bane right now.

ThunderWolf Lord w/ Black Death+Storm Shield (195)

Five Thunderwolf Cavalries w/ 5 Storm Shields + 3 Power fist + 2 Wolf Claw (390)

Three units of Ten Grey Hunters w/ 2 Melta Guns + Combi Melta in Drop Pods (215/per)

Two unites of Five Long Fangs w/ 4 Missile Launchers (135/per)

1500/1500

The idea would be to add six Wulfen, three with hammers and Shield and three with claws in a flier but I'm not sure if that is way too many points for them.

I could run three near vanilla units on foot.

I am not saying you can't. But if GW did it they would re balance the books not handicap. But we know they won't do that.
And the community could do it and create handicaps or limits on some units and formations. But because there is no large 3rd party league to drive this no one will follow it.

+++ Daemons (Warhammer 40,000 7th Edition v64) (1500pts) +++

+ HQ +

Herald of Tzeentch
Psyker Level 3
Disc
Ever stage

Herald of Tzeentch
Exalted Locus of Conjuration
Paradox
Psyker Level 3

Herald of Tzeentch
Exalted Locus of Conjuration
Psyker Level 3

Lord of Change
2x Greater Daemonic Reward
Lesser Daemonic Reward
Psyker Level 3
The Impossible Robe

+ Elites +

Flamers of Tzeentch x3

+ Troops +

Pink Horrors of Tzeentch x12

Pink Horrors of Tzeentch x12

+ Fast Attack +

Screamers of Tzeentch x5

+ Heavy Support +

Daemon Prince of Tzeentch
2x Greater Daemonic Reward.
Lesser Daemonic Reward
Daemonic Flight
Mastery Level 3
Warp-forged Armour

>Managed to shave off that 2 points.
We're all so proud of you user.

Realspace raiders

Court, 2 Slyyth, venom with chain snares

Archon, Agonizer, blaster, parasites kiss, clone field, soul trap

2x blasterborn, venoms

3x kabbies, blaster, venom

Razorwing, nightshields, Lances, splinter cannon

2x 6 man reavers, 2 cluster caltrops
2x 5scourges with haywire blasters

2 lance ravagers, nightshields

2k list taking to a charity tournament, how's it look? the idea is to avoid cheesy shit and just have it be a reasonable situation

Does anyone know an actual release date for Space Hulk Deathwing?

Can someone mathhammer S7 AP3 Rending Shred versus AV 11-15, plus MEQ and TEQ?

As well as S7 AP5 Rending Shred versus MEQ and TEQ?

Planning on making a 30k army solely comprised of Cyborg Skeletons, Lightning Cannon tanks, and a Knight Magaera.

Thought I'd ask here since there's no 30k thread right now, and hopefully Cyraxus will add all these guys to the Skitarii/AdMech dex.

Hey guys, I'm a new fan of the 40k series and I would like to start building an army of grey knights but I don't know where to start or what's optimal for them. Anyway I can get some help? I was also thinking of adding some inquisition units if needed too.

I'm bored so i might give it a go, but how many shots are we talking, and what's the BS ?

>Can someone mathhammer S7 AP3 Rending Shred versus AV 11-15,
Lets say they always hit since thats not a factor. If you want to calculate BS4, just remove 1/3 of the result:
AV10: 66% chance of result (50% pen)
AV11: 50% chance of result (33% pen)
AV12 33% chance of result (16% pen)
AV13 16% chance of result (16% pen)
AV14 16% chance of result (11.11% pen)
AV15 11.11% chance of result (5.55% pen)

MEQ: 97.22% to wound
TEQ: ~32.4% to wound (no inv++ saves)

ap5 version:
MEQ: just divide that by 3. (~32% or something)
TEQ: same as ap3 version.

Unless I am mistaken:

S7 AP3 Rending Shred

Per hit

Vs AV11
>.16666 glancing hit
>.33333 penetrating hit

Vs AV12
>.16666 glancing hit
>.16666 penetrating hit

Vs AV13
>.16666 penetrating hit

Vs AV14
>.05555 glancing hit
>.11111 penetrating hit

Vs AV15 (Is this a thing?)
>.05555 glancing hit
>.05555 penetrating hit

Vs MEQ
>.97222 unsaved wounds

Vs TEQ
>.25925 unsaved wounds

>AV15 (Is this a thing?)
Yeah 30k has some stuff that makes it possible.
30k mechanicum are sturdy motherfuckers.

>Vs TEQ
>>.25925 unsaved wounds
Hmm. Did you remember to calculate that shredding rerolls can also cause rending? Or did I just fuck up my math.

several structures also have AV15, unless I'm remembering incorrectly

Ah yes, you calculated 5++ inv there did you? Makes sense.

I calculated the 5++ against the shredding hits. I just assumed 30k terminators have that.

Yes and Warlord Titan also has 15 on its front and sides.

Fuckit, here goes:

I'm playing a 2000 point game with my new, mostly intended as a showpiece, Ta'unar against some guy's 5 imperial knight army.

So basically, I'd be curious what I could do to aim for a fairly balanced matchup with the rest of my list.

Warlord Titans are AV 15/15/15, iirc.

Actually you might get your ass handed to you, harshly. Tau'nar by itself can handle 1 knight, maybe even two. But when facing 3+ one of them will get into melee and when that happens, they will happily D-slap the Greater Good out of you.

15/15/14 actually. But hardly matters, If facing one you will be roally fucked if you rely on some lighting guns to bring it down.

Cataphractii terminators have a 4++. Tartaros and Indomitus have 5++.

Yeah well, that's what the rest of the list is for.

Pretty sure if I just load up 100% on anti-knight tactics though, it'll go the other way. If I can occupy two of them for a few turns, knowing that one of them is the two gun type with no Melee weapon and thus doesn't threaten the Ta'unar, I should have a downright easy time.

Oh, I forgot to mention that they're BS4 and 1 shot each.

Assume a unit has 3 of these guns minimum, 2 if a special weapon like a Multimelta is taken.

Hey, thanks mathanons!

tfw can't into math and ended up taking geometry twice in highschool.

At least I can look at this pretty Knight.

forgeworld.co.uk/resources/PDF/Datasheets/Magaera.pdf

Er, technically 2 minimum with 6 maximum if three special weapons in a full unit are taken, or 3 minimum with 9 maximum if no special weapons are taken.

>forgeworld.co.uk/resources/PDF/Datasheets/Magaera.pdf
It's a shame that they don't put more Warhammer 40k specs up like that as freely downloadable pdf's :-(

youtube.com/watch?v=PO6Zk5qkYcA

Was just mulling over a rule change. What's everyone's thoughts?

>Intercept

>Whether it be by the thunderous and shocking impact of a Drop Pod, the favoured choice of the Adeptus Astartes, the headlong barely controlled descent of Ork Stormboyz, their rokkit packs trailing fire, or the reality twisting manifestation of Daemonic entities, anyone nearby will fire off with anything they have in an attempt to do as much damage to the interlopers as they can. Although these shots are seldom well aimed, the drastic nature of the arrival of their foes robbing warriors of the time to aim their shots accurately, such a hail of firepower can do damage, and may even cause the new arrivals to regret their arrogance.

>When an enemy unit arrives from Reserves via Deep Strike, and after it has been successfully deployed, any of your units within 12" of the would-be interlopers may Intercept them. An Intercept attack is resolved like a normal shooting attack (albeit one resolved in the enemy’s Movement phase) and uses all the normal rules for range, line of sight, cover saves
and so on. Any shots fired as Intercept can only be fired as Snap Shots. Therefore, weapons and models that cannot fire Snap Shots cannot fire Intercept.

>Interceptor

>This weapon has been calibrated to target incoming drop troops, teleporting assault
squads and other unlooked-for enemies.

>When firing Intercept attacks, models with the Interceptor special rule fire at their full Ballistic skill

Yeah, nah. Makes no fucking sense whatsoever for anti-air interceptor to have 12" range.

This doesn't solve the Interceptor issue, since it does not prevent Tau Riptides from Pie-plating or Tau Broadsides from Macross Missile Massacring incoming reserves with impunity.

Since, you know, they can all buy Interceptor for >5pts.

I've seen it written as both Adepta Sororitas and Adeptus Sororitas. Which is correct? Pretty sure GW wrote it both ways at different times.

Adepta

Adeptus is masculine

Exactly, hence why 'Adeptus Astartes'. GW just doesn't want to waste money on proper editor.

Thanks.

Downloading all the rules. Extra shit, too.

Hope GW doesn't find out about our secret club, lol.

Besides Sisters, which armies have the most metal models? I'm talking models that never got a plastic update.

Yeah. Spelling errors for days on the official site.

Reddit's discouraged, but here's some data.

reddit.com/r/Warhammer40k/comments/5agwhx/what_itc_ratings_can_tell_us_about_game_balance/

If I had to guess, Chaos Space Marines.

Just seeing that link on Veeky Forums makes me feel like throwing up. How's that for autism?

THIS GUY PUNCHED OUT A RUSS LAST NIGHT BEFORE BEEFING IT IN THE ENSUING EXPLOSION. HELLRAIN! HOORAH!

>Adepta Sororitas and Adeptus Sororitas

youtube.com/watch?v=FaCHBmGWcBc

I've seen both the "Adepta Sororitas" and "Adeptus Sororitas" spellings used, so I'm as confused as you are :-(

One of the funniest matches I've ever had was when we kinda misread the rules for Hellrain Brigade and kept respawning the squads AND their Tauroxes. In the end there were 9 tauroxes in the field but I had started with 4 haha.

Just plug on a rule to Skyfire that lets a model Intercept flyers at their full range. Pretty straightforward, but I'll admit I missed the interaction because I haven't seen Flyers in my local area for months.

Is Interceptor a big problem with Tau in general? I know they have the most access to it but I didn't figure it was the main thing making them so nasty. The idea behind this was to make Deep Striking right next to the enemy, especially with Drop Pods, more risky, and to give the enemy a chance to counter-play it. It irks me that my Orks can't charge after deep striking, but it's totally fine for a bunch of melta-totting guys to drop in with zero chance for scatter and wipe out my Gorkanaut filled with Nobz without a chance for me to do anything.

How worried are you guys about Warhammer 40K going Age of Sigmar?

Would that be good for the game? I heard Sigmar is balanced as fuck.

It wouldn't be as fucked up lore wise. Pretty sure they learned some shit from Sigmar.

Dynamic rule books could get rid of power creep.

They're less pressured to do something with 40k, it still sells well. I'm not really worried but I don't expect anything that amazing, it already is marine city. At the least I'd like to see the wound granularity that exists in Sigmar, AP that isn't 3 could be relevant and there'd be a more gradual difference in weapons.

WHFB doesn't sell? When did it stop selling?

It's funny you say that, because that's the only reason I'm playing 40K. I'm usually a fantasy guy, but it's dead in my city. I don't want to deal with a small player base.

A lot of reports had WHFB at a much lower profit than 40k. Really hard to tell from just a community perspective since every FLGS is different. At the least, every Fantasy tournie I went to was half of 40k numbers sadly.

fantasy didn't sell at all compared to 40k. according to GW's sales reports, sigmar is selling like hotcakes, basically. but it's still pretty small-time compared to the amount of sales 40k is getting, so it's doubtful that they're being pressured by investors and whatnot to sigmar-ify it. They will probably make things a bit more streamlined in 8th edition, but they won't go putting every race into their own stupid groups while fucking up the lore entirely.

>they won't go putting every race into their own stupid groups while fucking up the lore

That shit is confusing as fuck. Put me off Age of Sigmar right away.

Which came first, WHFB or 40K?

WHFB was a handful of years before 40k Rogue Trader.

Pretty sure space marines are the sole reason 40K is more popular.

The Alliance system wouldn't be as bad if they just made the damn site UI better. It's a damn mess even though I actually like elements of the system that I could see used for an 'imperium' faction (i.e. benefitting you to do one army rather than penalizing)

fantasy. But no one really cared about it once 40k started going on full speed. 40k was unique, in it's own way, while fantasy is pretty generic, and can be generally found anywhere under different names. it's why fantasy has had minimal work done for the past many years before sigmar came out.

I like shit that's clear cut.

These are Sisters, these are Blood Angels. These are Beastmen, these are High Elves.

Also, I hate it when they stat models that don't exist. If you're gonna stat something, then give me a fucking model!

>rules without models
Never forget.

Each to their own, I suppose. UI makes it a lot worse than it is and the fact that 90% of the armies don't have the benefits of going mono.

See, that's gross.

I wouldn't want to mix my armies. I'd have to read the lore and make sure it makes sense.

My autism'll flare up otherwise.

Can someone remind me what the sacred numbers are?

>not mixing the armies
Don't people do that already, though? The Sigmar books still break them up, they just don't penalize you.

games-workshop.com/en-CA/Battle-Sister-with-Simulacrum-Imperialis

"Squads of Battle Sisters will often carry a Simulacrum Imperialis into battle - a holy icon or piece of scripture that shows their dedication to the Emperor."

>piece of scripture

The Emperor wrote a bible?

Also,
>Adeptus Sororitas

did jesus write a bible ?
are you asking stupid questions?

Possibly scripts from the licticio divinitatus, the pseudo bible lorgar wrote about the emperor.

Lorgar would never let the imperium have an advantage like that in a bible fight.

There's someone on ebay trying to get $25+ for one of those

Slaanesh: 6
Nurgle: 7
Khorne: 8
Tzeentch: 9
My Ass: 10

Whatever man I'm super drunk rn

Go and be happy and such

Uh, what? It's $14.75 on the GW website. That's Canadian Fisher-Price dollars, too.

Thank you.

user you seem to be obsessed with inserting your foot into my anal cavity.

Are you a dark angle,

I put together a little deathwatch kill team

>watch sergent,stalker pattern boltgun, auspex, storm sheild 47

>Vet,fragcannon, bolt gun expert shot 47
>Vet,fragcannon, bolt gun EXECUTIONER
>vet, Plasma gun, boltgun, preferred enemy
>vet, stalker, boltgun

small, sweet and simple, plenty of ways to deal with all targets, from hoards to vehicles

What does Veeky Forums think?

That versatility means you suck at everything equally.

I'm well aware. There are morons on Ebay charging more than GW on ebay because they're morons.

What's the naming convention for missions and operations in 40k?

Could you expand a bit? i cant see how i am hampered

Depends on the
>army
>commander
>bureaucratic overseer
>author
>desired 'feel' of the story its involved in

What are some OOP models I can look for on eBay? I gotta wait a million hours for these rules to download. MEGA is cockblocking me.

Can I get a couple of examples?

Specifically Sisters.

It works in fighting games even though each character can be played well or poorly

So the Cadians, for example, are likely to be in the style of British operations

>Sparrowhalk

for example.my advises is to read what some IRL op names are, and chose some thing appropriate for the tone of the story you want to tell

1010 Points- Black Crusade Casters
>Chaos Warband
Chaos Lord- Burning Brand, Veterans of the Long War- 95
Chaos Bikers (3)- 2x Meltagun, VotLW- 90
2x Chaos Space Marines (5)- Meltagun, Combi-melta, VotlW, Rhino- 130x2=260
Chosen (5)- Plasma Gun (2), VotLW, Rhino- 155
Havocs (5)- Autocannon (2), VotLW, Rhino- 130
Sorcerer- ML3, Spell Familiar, VotLW- 125
>Lords of the Black Crusade
Sorcerer- ML3, Spell Familiar, VotLW- 125
>Spawn
Chaos Spawn (1)- 30
---
Ten points over, not sure what to cut. Could drop a Mastery Level and buy the Lord a Lightning Claw, or I could replace both Sorcerers with Ahriman and buy some meltabombs for all the forward squads.

Light a candle for the sinners, set the world on fire.

Your lord has a mid-ranged weapon, and no way to get anywhere. buy him a bike

What are the usual point restrictions for a game of Kill-team? 200 points? 400 points?

Uh, certain poses are oop. For example, there's one of these with a helmet, melta has a helmet and non helmet, there are a few Seraphim poses not on GW site, ect.

There's also a Canoness with a combi-flamer, too.

My lads and I stick to 200 points.

youtube.com/watch?v=4Q7cIyWadUg
Here, have some awkward 80's Swedes singing about lighting a candle. This song is played around Christmas. No-one knows why.

Also, if you're going to be dumping an Assload of money on sisters, make someone happy and buy one of the armies on Ebay

Cheers!
Is Harlequins a noob-friendly army? I really like their fluff

That's all? Not much is OOP, then. Just stuff that's not relevant anymore. Or are the rules still there for that Canoness model?

I'mma hit Google. I want a complete list.