Official MTG Snowstorm/Lore Thread

Last Thread: Got some new flakes going into the new and improved OP collage soon.

Is it still Mary Sue Princess battle edition? I don't even know who won if voting took place. Neah, now it's No Shave November Edition. Looks like Ussa already has a jump on us all.

Previous Thread Writefagging: None that I noticed.

Summon Leon user to have your shit OC added to the repository.

>Current Repository

drive.google.com/open?id=0B-bqTtfMpEHWVUI5dURzakE4VWc

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/0RuylPp-uUE
docs.google.com/document/d/1hi-Y2CVx4-SmuT2ThJcyXyMX4Y9ECVY4erlXalmaHLg/edit?usp=sharing
docs.google.com/document/d/1DKF7a9NxoaHeVruYr4Kbwa_Y7fsfPHDrVjycxZjAB_I/edit?usp=sharing
docs.google.com/document/d/16IknlBDGR-NrR7v6VJosNpxDuEXfbwPsDUkt9W8kM8o/edit
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Yeah. I figured that there would be quite a few mistakes as I was typing it up literally as I was dozing off. I just wanted to get it in on Halloween.

But, all of your critiques are on point save for one. The "it's" at he end of the first paragraph is the correct usage. The "it" in question is possessing the sorrowful mother. So, it is in fact "it's" sorrowful mother. Just like if you were to replace "it" with "the fiend", then it would read "the fiend's sorrowful mother". Also, it wasn't a monster until it tried to "end it all". It was seen as an abomination due to it's mixed breeding. Not that it was hideous. But, for the rest of the points you have made, I shall make mends to the sheet when I get off work.

Also, I forgot to mention that the mother kept the baby because she was disowned and had no one else. And after it being born, a person typically sees the baby as apart of them. As it is in fact half of them. And that's why she chose to raise it.

Just let this shitshow die, man.

And yet so many people are still so heavily apart of it.

If by "so many people" you mean 6 posters and a few one-and-dones, then sure.

Serena is a one and done. What of it?

Haven't read it, but I'd like to point out "it's" always refers to a contraction of "it is" and "its" is possessive.

It's both.

You are scum.

of the Earth, Come on!

You've killed the storm. Have fun talking to yourself.

So Ussa is a satyr slut?

Full pic of Mira the owl?

And why does Newt have an Unglued symbol instead of the Innistrad one?

What actually is this thread? Is it just RP or is it MTG Lore General too? If not, what happened to those threads?

I don't have the full pic on my phone, but here is her flakesheet if it helps.

Why so mad? And why do you think I am the root of it?

Yes.

Don't know if there is one. There might be. I don't have it saved.

And because she has an Un-card in spells. Which her bio is based around.

It's the MTG Lore General thread that also houses the creation of OC characters and planes. We do writefaggings, but not really roleplay. Some peeps have done collaborations on their writefaggings with other anons, that's as close to RPing as it gets.

Also, best pic I have if Mira is this one.

I'm sorry, which examples are valid? These archaic things, or the modern standard?

I'm not sorry. Fuck you.

I wouldn't call that an owl tau exactly. Tauric creatures need to be four-legged. A lamia isn't a snake taur.

She is 4-legged. This picture is outdated and unfinished, but it shows her overall body plan.

> thinking language isn't ever evolving
> implying that the use of " it's " as being the possessive usage since the 1700's isn't valid

Do you pronounce "forte" as in "speciality" as "fort" or "for-tay"? You seem like one of those guys who half learns something and thinks that's enough to act like he knows every bit of it.

Oh well, though. Do what you will, friendo.

And if she has a four-legged butt like a griffin?

I always loved this pic. You do suck astounding work.

Just don't mention her hooters.

The blunder is that YOU didn't take into account the evolution of the language. The use of an apostrophe in possessive "its" has been made archaic by time.

Also, fuck you again, "forte" is from the Latin "fortis" and is borrowed from the resulting Romance languages. That's not actually English.

I actually pointed out that it's both. As it is used in both ways in current times.

You did not provide any modern examples, and only asserted that you were correct.

It should be obvious that if I use it freely, that I was taught it. Otherwise I'd have to purposely go out of my way to learn old literature and use one example of it in a paragraph of modern writings. So, why are you even arguing? It's like you have nothing better to do.

How about this, find and post a song that you would want to play as a finale in the death of your flake.

Now that is cool. And tauric.

I'd still call it a griffin taur or owl-griffin taur if I was being pedantic. That would be clearer.

Technically, she is a griffin taur. But her other pics (none of which are on me) have her griffin half taking after an owl (and having a more cat-like structure). But people latched onto the owl bit, because owls are adorable, and she is now most commonly referred to as an owltaur.

Also, thank you. She's super fun to draw.

As someone with an education degree, it is obvious that if you use it freely that you either aren't a native English speaker, or your teachers were unreasonably lax.

"Oh, man, this guy on the internet claims to be trained in X," you might say sarcastically to yourself. Believe it or not, but that's the fact of the matter. And I did, possibly, just insult your instructors. Deal with it.

>Now that someone is coming after me, I am not the troll

Classic Vronak.

>All this talk about taurs
Damnit, I was here to get mad at Vronak for not fixing the flakesheet, not be tempted into debauchery.

You speak like any of this matters one single bit. But, for amusement of pin-pointing the differences in speech, where in the world do you live user? I live in the States.

I'm not trolling and I do not believe he is either. I simply think he's bored and wants to hold a conversation over writing structure and usage.

I also live in the United States.

So then, really, your teachers were too lazy or had too low of standards to make sure that you got by with proper literacy. I know that Strunk and White is a standard study material for high school English/Writing courses, so there really shouldn't be any excuse.

This. Honestly, I'm not sure why any of us bother talking to him.

I mean, I'm not a fan of really off-topic arguments, but still, this.

Where in the States might you have attended school? How old are you? Do you see rules on written language that were properly established in 1959 as not being far too recent to govern something that has existed and evolved over a multitude of centuries? And do you think that one man's opinion and another man's addendum to that opinion to be the end all and be all for something that is and will always be ever changing? Also, how do you not know that you specifically got a teacher that wasn't just an asshat when it came to "his" ideal of how written language should be presented?

Fuck you, go die.

I have a university education degree and am actively involved in research and assisting public schools.

The fact that you won't support any of the arguments that you're making is ridiculous. An appeal to authority that created a text that is currently standardized in education is not fallacious, but what you're doing certainly is.

Yeah. If you're done talking about that topic, then so be it.

But, again... what do you feel would be playing for the audience when your flake takes their last breath?

I like to think this would be the song to play for most of my flakes when they die.
youtu.be/0RuylPp-uUE

You want me to prove to you the futility of trying to set definitive rules on something that is always changing from generation to generation?

Isn't that rather rhetorical in and of itself?

How does it make you guys feel that I've made the majority of posts in this thread?

Warm and fuzzy inside.

Assuming that you passed through any American school any time after the first half of the 1900s, everyone should be familiar with the text in question.

Silly user, I just argue so your responses validate my existence. Now stop sperging out.

>the futility of trying to set definitive rules on something that is always changing

Listen, you fucking retard, this is extremely simple: "it's" is used to mean "it is" and "its" is used possessively to make sure that the meaning is conveyed clearly in your writing. That way, you don't have "it's" meaning two different things. Just because you're too lazy or too stupid to adhere to something that basic doesn't make you some kind of daring proponent of an eternal language where you can do whatever the fuck you want, no matter how pointlessly confusing it is, because someone four hundred years ago might have done it. Your objective mistakes are not some kind of fucking philosophy. They are you fucking up and being too dumb or too ashamed to admit it. Stop embarrassing yourself.

This is just classic Vronak. This isn't even the worst I've seen him. But it is the worst in a good bit. I think he fancies himself the savior of the threads.

Yes, I'm familiar with it. And I'I not alone in the perception that it's futile to find The Elements of Style as being the definitive source of written language. Hell, The NY Times had a large article over the topic a few years ago. Probably six or seven. Also, I live in the Midwest and I'm 31 years old. I excelled in school in English and literature. However, I do admit that I am no longer as skilled as I once was back then. And In fact most of my works of literature are junk due to most of my free time being when I'm exhausted and about to hit the bed.

But, I never claimed to be a skilled writer. So, have at you.

>I excelled in the thing that I'm bad at

Rust is one thing. A lack of knowledge is another.

>I write when I'm tired.

Excuses.

You act like words don't have multiple meanings. Get outta here with that nonsense.

Also, "they are you fucking up" is grammatically incorrect.

P.S. I thought we were ending this convo. Why you gotta beat around the bush of the theme your flake dies to? Does it hurt your heart too much to mention?

I try to be. I really do. As some peeps truly love these threads and I support having a place where they all can come together to share works of art and share discussions over the lore.

I never said I did not know anything you have stated. I never said that one view (your's or my own) is right one way or the other. This all came to be due to the perception of "it's", nothing more,

I remembered I could filter posts, nice.

> 31 and this bad of a writer
BWAHAHAHHAH
Don't think we've forgotten "Vronak goes to Ravnica" and "Vronak goes to Innistrad." You are literally the worst writer I've seen in these threads, INCLUDING non-native English speakers.

Okie Dokie. Glad you've stuck around. Make a new flake for us to enjoy and add to the OP collage.

>Playing the thread by your rules

Nah. Don't think so.

We used your Ravnica story for our "bad fanfiction" drinking game at a party once. It was right up there with that Inuyasha-Harry Potter crossover fic.

> rules
Just a suggestion, friendo. Don't be such a Silly Sally.

As Vronak arrives on the plane of Ravnica, a looming fog creeps across the City of Guilds. This mysterious planeswalker rises a gauntlet-clad hand as a vibrant green aura surrounds it. His eyes, shrouded by his necromantic mask, begin to radiate the same eerie green aura as three hands burst out from the ground beneath his feet.

Three separate winged beings emerge from the ground as they push themselves from underneath the soil as it pours off their bodies. Their forms are concealed by the thick fog that spreads throughout the entire city of Ravnica. And the fog itself now engulfs the necromancer himself and the three disappear into the night.

And as the heavy fog encases the realm in it's entirety, Jace sit upon his desk having mounds of contracts between various guilds that must have his signature of approval. But, his work would be ultimately interrupted as he hears a loud banging across one of his doors. Wondering who could possibly have pinpointed one of his ever changing portals to know where to find his quarters.

But, of course he already knew the answer to this inquiry. Jace stood up from his desk and moved towards the chamber door that was being assaulted by someone's fist and already knowing who's fist that belonged to that was plaguing his work. He then opened his chamber door to reveal Liliana standing before him. And behind her was the thick fog, which Jace could not see more than a few feet in distance.

Daily reminder that Vronak is a midwestern white American male who has no girlfriend and spends most of his free time browsing Veeky Forums.

Liliana quickly spouted at Jace, "No one has heard from Isperia for hours ever since this retched fog has began. And I have heard word of the same concerning the cyclops Borborygmos... Jace... I think we're in trouble." Jace's more disinterested demeanor shifted to a more concerned expression. "We need to see Niv-Mizzet.", Jace exclaimed and rushed out of his chambers and headed down the city streets.

Liliana followed suit as she could barely see a foot in front of Jace, "How can you even tell where you are going!?", she shouted outward to the control Mage that seemed to always bring some sort of conflict into her life in one fashion or another, though it wasn't like she wasn't the root of most of it anyhow. Jace just kept marching forward at a slightly quickened pace as Liliana followed him further.

"This is my home, Liliana. I know it better than most of the residence here. Almost like it's apart of me...", Jace spoke softly as the two of them rushed towards the direction of the Nivix. And after a short while, the two Planeswalkers reached the towering guildhall of the Izzet. Liliana did not like being this close to the lair of a dragon, especially an intelligent one that she suspected of being a Planeswalker.

But, nevertheless she followed Jace into the guildhall and to the staircase. Jace rushed up the winding staircase, however Liliana just stopped at the first step. "How far up must we go?", she asked but she had a feeling she knew the answer. And Jace so plied replied, "All the way..." Liliana gave a scolding look and spoke underneath her breath, "Damn it."

And he's 31. Sad.

Liliana just pursued after Jace as the two of them made their way to the top level of the Nivix, only to come before the largest door that Liliana had ever seen before. Jace opened the doors and the two stepped forth towards the great Dracogenius guild leader. Jace looked upward to the larger Dragon and spoke, "Niv-Mizzet, have you heard word of the disappearance of the Azorius and Gruul guild leaders?"

Niv-Mizzet took a deep breath and puffed a large cloud of smoke outwards as he paused a moment in silence before he spoke, "As well as Lazav of House Dimir. And of what concern is it of your's, Living Guildpact?" Jace thought it was obvious that this matter should be his concern, being that he was the Guildpact itself.

"Niv-Mizzet, do you have any idea who could be behind these incidents? Perhaps a Guild trying to take over Ravnica?", Jace inquired of the Dragon. Niv-Mizzet just expressed apathy towards the matter and spoke once more, "It is inconsequential." Jace just looked upwards at the pompous Dragon with an irked expression as he said, "It's of a great consequence to me. And don't you worry about whomever it is possibly coming after yourself!?"

Niv-Mizzet huffed at the thought of something being a threat to his well being. "No being alive could cause me inconvenience, boy.", Niv-Mizzet spoke out towards the young Planeswalker, "The answers you look for lie elsewhere. Try the Golgari Planeswalker for advice... Now, begone with you. You are bothersome."

Jace lowered his head at the thought of coming face to face with Vraska once again after her attempt to murder him. He took a deep breath and turned to Liliana and simply nodded as he walked passed her. Liliana glared heavily at the large Dragon and said in a spiteful manner, "You're an asshole. A giant puckered one at that." Liliana just turned and followed after Jace.

The two of them left the Izzet guildhall and headed to the more more decadent parts of Ravnica, towards the Korozda. Liliana still didn't like being out on the streets with this horrid fog about them. She couldn't see a damn thing, and they were getting ever closer to the parts of Ravnica that was home to the rats and bugs. She hated rats and bugs.

Liliana was growing impatient from all of the roaming about and wondered why Jace was always roaring to go when something dangerous was lurking about, but never willing to lend his aid when she wanted something done for herself. She then shouted at the blue mage, "When the HELL are we going to be th-" Jace reached back with his hand and covered Liliana's mouth.

Jace took a couple steps back to lessen the distance between the two of them as he looked onward. But, Liliana still couldn't see a damn thing in front of her. She narrowed her eyes as she tried to make something out through the thick fog, only to see a figure standing a few yards before them.

Then another figure swooped down towards the figure on the ground, and with a loud gust of wind, the fog was scattered more and Liliana could make out more of what was happening. It was a purple haired angel with a large sword, larger than she had ever seen another angel wield before. And the figure upon the ground was a the gorgon they had been sent to find.

The angel lashed towards Vraska and in the blink of an eye she had impaled the gorgon Planeswalker upon her sword. Lifting the gorgon's body up off the ground as she claimed victory over her. Only to then swipe to her side and toss the gorgon's body onto the ground. And from a distance behind the angel, a cloaked figure wearing a grimly horned mask walked towards the gorgon's body and he kneeled beside her.

The cloaked figure reached out and placed a couple of fingers upon Vraska's head and he spoke in a deep bellowing voice that echoed from behind his mask, "I cannot acquire you... You are... You 'were' like me." Vraska looked up at the cloaked man as she laid there taking her final breaths. She knew it was over for her and the fear was visible in her eyes.

The cloaked man arose to his feet and took a step back as his angel lunged forward and plunged her mighty sword into the gorgon's head, cutting it clean in half from the split of her lips. And when the angel pulled her sword from the gravel, the gorgon's head was severed from the jaw. The angel then turned her head as she looked directly towards the two Planeswalkers that stood in the distance, watching the conflict.

Damn it, Piss-user. Stop flooding the thread.

(You) first.

I don't know if that's Piss-user or not, but given the way this thread has been unfolding, it seems fitting that this happened.

He's just showing the newbies why they shouldn't take you seriously. He's doing a public service.

Can someone please point out what content has been produced in the past three threads?

I honestly can't recall. It's reached the point where there's just no more content production, only shitposting. A good time for all of us to abandon ship, I think.

Okie Dokie, Piss-user. You really should be more friendly.

I have those threads open, but these sometimes live for so long that the files die.

A few flakes were made (Ugnok, Poff, etc.), but little else happened, I think?

Flakes have been made. But, no writefagging that I know of. Though, that doesn't mean someone isn't working on any at the moment.

There will always be a couple of new flakes every now and them. So if that's all we're getting out of this, I think we may as well call it a day.

I'm out. Have a good one, folks.

There were at least two writefaggings posted, but OP forgets to put them in. Forpols user and Poff user also started a joint writefagging, but never finished it

Oops. I missed it.

docs.google.com/document/d/1hi-Y2CVx4-SmuT2ThJcyXyMX4Y9ECVY4erlXalmaHLg/edit?usp=sharing

docs.google.com/document/d/1DKF7a9NxoaHeVruYr4Kbwa_Y7fsfPHDrVjycxZjAB_I/edit?usp=sharing

docs.google.com/document/d/16IknlBDGR-NrR7v6VJosNpxDuEXfbwPsDUkt9W8kM8o/edit

I'M STILL WORKING ON IT DANG IT
I get writers block hard.

No worries and no pressure. Take your time, user. We patiently wait for the rest.

Work harder. We need more Shrooms and Blooms (my new nickname for Forpols and Poff)

Push on through. Think it out, play with many different ideas. Figure out where you're going and build a bridge.

Wait, I'm confused. Is it okay to ignore perfectly reasonable writing guidelines because words can have multiple meanings, or because you're a linguistic genius whose superior philosophy has enlightened him to "the futility of trying to set definitive rules on something that is always changing"?

I think the latter one.

Why not both?

"I disrepect common literacy because I do what I feel like," may be typical practice on the internet, but it certainly doesn't make you look any better.

A-are you drunk?

Man, you sure are grasping now. That was a pretty straightforward comment, and you just tried to put them on a lower level than you.

Vronak please stop responding to this guy. Guy, could you please leave us alone.

>Implying it's just one guy

Heads up, it's not one guy. Given the mixture of names and not names involved in the discussion, there's at least three.

*Vronak please stop responding to this guy. Guys, could you please leave us alone.

Fucker, I'm a regular here. Who's this "us" you're talking about?

I like it when the thread is peaceful, too. But if you think there's only one person that doesn't like Vronak, you are being delusional.

Reread your own comment.

Some people like me. Some people do not. It's fine and dandy.

No, you.

>Someone goes to take you down a peg by making a comment that, while not kind, is fairly sensible.
>You retaliate by insinuating that they must be drunk and out of sorts.

Worst thread on Veeky Forums right now

Don't be so dramatic

I really meant reread your comment.

> "I disrepect common literacy because I do what I feel like,"

Whose comment?

Also, that really seems to be the gist of what you said. Of course, when you don't write clearly, it's hard to know what's going on. Even the Filth user called you out on sending mixed signals. I guess that's just another aspect of writing that you're garbage at.

I posted the comment in green text. Go be basic somewhere else.

Your application of (you) needs work.