thenickeninja.wordpress.com/
germy.co.uk/paper25mm.html
toposolitario.com/workshop/index_papermodels.html
genetmodels.com/free-stuff/
tabletop-world.com/
mega.nz/#F!G8w3jBpb
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Ah, I remember that

I recall 2 rules in particular - one, you could use it to stop orbital bombardments, two, it was in the rules that it HAD to have a pompous-sounding name

scribd.com/document/305806839/40k-Defence-Laser-Datasheet

Might need a little upgrading these days, but it's still cool AF

I've always been fond of "Phallus Maximus."

Reminds me of Da Blue Grot's Funstikk. Even has a Little Bomber under the main part

This guy has a pretty great terrain blog.

This guy does great things for Necromunda.
thenickeninja.wordpress.com/

Billboards from gift cards

The main body of this is 1/2 inch or 3/4 inch insulating foam. The rest is just simple detailing.

If you have a hot wire foam cutter and a cardstock template, you could do the cutting for an entire city in an afternoon.

Snow boards are the easiest thing to make look good because you can cover every mistake and dodgy detail with snow. And they look great.

Getting real tired of playing games at home with soda cans and stacks of books. I wonder what is the easiest/cheapest way to get enough terrain to moderately fill a 6x4 table or densely fill a 4×4 table.

Cardboard houses. Cut high density foam cliffs

dollar store foamcore, cereal box cardboard and insulation styrofoam are cheap as fuck. Most terrain is made of those three things.

The absolute cheapest way that doesn't look shit would be to make a load of hills and rocks out of polystyrene, preferably coated with something suitably tough and textured like tile adhesive with some sand mixed in. Extra bits of polystyrene, especially if you can get the dense type, can be carved into making walls for bordering stuff.

Roads are really cheap to make and whilst not really doing much in most games people play here, they do look nice. Just need something suitable flat and not prone to warping to make them out of, like vinyl floor tiles with some felt stuck to the adhesive side. Tiny bit of texture on top or even just the sides if doing tarmac, paint and bam, roads.

Or you can try papercraft.
germy.co.uk/paper25mm.html
toposolitario.com/workshop/index_papermodels.html
genetmodels.com/free-stuff/

How urban are city of death boards normally?

iirc; Ideally about a third to half of the board is buildings, the rest is road, pavements, open space and other bits and pieces.

Urban terrain is a serious challenge to actually balance and not leave either huge open sight lines on roads or clutter up everything so much that it's hard to access parts of the battlefield, or just a variety of messes otherwise.

Not something spectacular such as OP, but I made this for my Mordheim terrain. Looks neat and fills the town square.
Ad some special rules the the "tree of woe", and it also fills its part in any game.

Made this hill as well, for my 40k games.

And some trenches for Warmachine.

Very nicely done on the hill, I appreciate the work-in-progress shots to show how it was done.

Thanks! I ended up making it a snow hill, to match my battle mat, for good and bad.
My family didn't appreciate me collecting stray sticks and bark though, not to be recommended for the "normal" family man, if anything is to say about this!

cool, ayone knows if GW still sells terrain-grade expert cardboard?

Im pretty new at Terrain, I made these this week.

and this

also this.

And a wall and some bits

While you won't hear a lot of praise, it looks fine and will make games more fun than cans and books.

Thanks. Like I said, Im pretty new at this. Just started in the last 2-3 weeks.

>scribd.com/document/305806839/40k-Defence-Laser-Datasheet

Type: Super Heavy

So it doesn't use your fortification slot?

If I want ro build a trench of fixed width, what should I use for a base? Thick plasticard?

foamcore

As Mentions, its not the prettiest terrain, but it fills the role its supposed to! Its functional, its painted and its a whole lot better than playing on your mums kitchen table using various items of household items as your "cover" (like one did back in the day).
So keep it up, check out some tutorials on YouTube, one of my favourite is Terranscapes, but there are tons of others who are really great!

You guys have a pretty descent terrain collection. Its a shame you haven't spoiled yourself with a battle-mat, because really, the field needs some color and those mats looks ace!

Saved!

Where all my fantasy niggas at?

tabletop-world.com/

Like I said man, old-ass rules.

Also, it was Apocalypse, so no slots

Nah, expanded styrene is better; more durable and significantly more rigid than foam core but easier to work with than MDF; and, bonus, plastic terrain will stick to it just fine with the styrene cement you already own, if you wind up incorporating kit components like the Wall of Martyrs.

>Where all my fantasy niggas at?
In the same place as WHFB.

Ouch.

not nice user, not nice at all

not the guy who posted the pic but the guy whose terrain it is: you're not wrong. That board needed either a lot of roads (didn't have any at the time) or a much better mat. Hell, could still do with much better mats even though roads are now a thing I don't lack. In particular this one should be on something which is mostly concrete/dirt and some patches of grass rather than fairly plain khaki.

That's really cool! What did you use for the mold?

>Stand by, ion control. Fire.

See: mega.nz/#F!G8w3jBpb

key: !58u_ZlY-xUUhoKsEtdWFgQ

Thats pretty good looking user.

10/10 would get warband-leader murdered upon.

I've never heard of this, but I don't immediately think you're trolling. That fact saddens me a little.

It goes back a ways, to the grim darkness of the 1990s. GW used to do cardboard terrain kits with plastic risers, a common component to the Necromunda game box of the time. I used to own an Imperial Firebase but it got ruined in a flood.

Oh! I thought you were talking about prebagged pieces of cardboard for making terrain... no, GW's terrain kits are all plastic now.

That shit was the best.

I was also thinking this.

Check this kickstarter out. I'm curious to get me a set, due to the price is quite nice, and it would really fit well with infinity/kill-team. Granted its only a 2x2 board, you still have height to play on!

This looks like ass.

It looks fine to me, though I'd rather scratchbuild anyway.

Foamcore and Polystyrene are cheap as fuck and can be made into damn near anything. The expensive part is painting and flocking them to not look like giant pink and powder blue battlefields.