New episode of my tabletop campaign due in 5 days and I haven't wrote a single word

>new episode of my tabletop campaign due in 5 days and I haven't wrote a single word

Don't worry.

Nobody gives a shit.

HOW CAN YOU SAY THAT? MY WRITING IS IMPECCABLE. THEY WILL NOTICE.

>new episode of my tabletop campaign
>episode
Yeah, no.

5 days is almost a whole week, are you playing monthly or something? Most campaigns have one session per week anyways

Maybe you shouldn't be so fucking lazy. Improv and rolling with the punches is super-important, but preparation allows you to do so all the more easily.

>I haven't wrote a single word

Looks like you need more practice at writing.

You've got a fucking week dude. Do it already.

>episode
>I haven't wrote a single word
what the fuck

Your preparation, a six pack
Their expectations, awesome
What you remember the day after, nothing

cry me a river
then drown yourself in it

Burn everything, it's the only way user

you have more than 5 days between your sessions?

>Implying you have it rough
I've got a 50 word essay due tomorrow and I'm freaking out

I do everything on the spot. I always find that any plans I make always get sidetracked because the PC's saw a shiny thing on the side of the road.

>50 word essay
user, you must be 18+ to post here.

>my campaign starts in one hour
>I still don't know what to do

>implying that there aren't dick English Professors who want a 50 word summary of a 10 page essay in college.

>Prepare for a huge conflict
>Spend hours statting their enemies
>It ends up being a slice of life episode where everyone just fucks around in the town
>Your notes will just be put off til the next session

Where are they, what are they doing there, and why are they adventuring?

>implying you really do have a session in 1 hour

>new episode of my tabletop campaign in 30 minutes and I haven't even dedicated 30 seconds to the next session

Recycle an old Halloween special's plot.
>MC PC doesn't believe in the Great Pumpkin

It's the first session, user.

Grab a one shot and have that be the 1st session.

>Cultists break shit
>Party finds cult den
>Cultists mistake them for mercenaries employed by rival cultists
>Cultists are told/realise otherwise
>They turn out as the cult of not!Tzeench, whose plans will culminate in a good century
>Ask the party to help with the rival cult to not!Khorne, whose pettier plan will fuck up the surrounding area in a couple weeks

Obviously you can't so easily bullshit a Shadowrun Johnson or something, but for something like D&D it's not exteremely difficult to throw something together.

If you're running fantasy, feel free to use this.

Characters. Motivations. Obstacles. Conflict. Drama.

This shit isn't hard. Give your players something to do, then make doing the thing hard, so they have to struggle to achieve it. Congratulations, you're 90% of the way to having a compelling story.

bruh, I do about 15 minutes prep for every two hours of role-play I expect to run.
(most of my sessions go for about 8-12 hours)

Just wing it.

It'll be trash, but your players will be too polite to call you out on it, just like 95% of improv DMs. If you're now sitting there thinking to yourself 'Well I ran an improv session and my players loved it', I need you to really consider whether that's actually true or not.

Well I always did fortnightly

He writes his PC's scripts for them.