How do we make chainmail interesting again?

How do we make chainmail interesting again?

well your pic seems lilke a good idea

By putting it over leather.

your pic is a good start

And then under plate.

Came here to post this.

>Suicide by overheating and inability to move
>Social suicide by being retarded

>das how realism works roight?

If you're going to go as far as pic into magical fantasy realm, you might as well make it a chainmail chastity belt rather than just a bikini. Just because. Why stop halfway?

>How do we make X interesting?

I want this meme to stop.

>How do we make X less interesting?

Better?

How about stop messing with things that aren't broken?

>I don't understand how armor actually worked and am going to act smug about it

The only time soldiers "overheated" wearing layers of armor (which is how armor was designed to work) was when they were literally in a desert.

What if I told you that all tropes are 'broken' since they perpetuate cultural patterns unquestioningly?

I'd call you wrong and stupid because that's not true in the slightest.

Organic materials that cant be refined into plate but can be used in chain mail. hey could amplify a magic or element type or grant resistance.

>Veeky Forums is no place for memes

The problem with chainmail to me is that it's considered the default if you wear more than leather but not as much as plate.

People should vary things up with things like scale and lamellar, or maybe a breastplate or mirror armor. That way chainmail won't feel so much like an old hat.

And some lamellar. Can't really find a sexy version.

I'd probably laugh at you for being wrong. Tropes as satire, intentional lampshading and reversing of tropes, using a trope specifically to question the things which influenced said trope and flat-out breaking the fourth wall to have a character point out the flaws of a trope are all common practices.

That's a pretty sexy version.

Padded leather I hope. Bones will still be broken otherwise.

DEPENDS
ON
THE

S
Y
S
T
E
M

By issuing it to german police officers, thanks to the recent spike in 'refugee' knife attacks.

>Going back to /pol/ now.

>european police patrolling around in crusader gear
that would definitely be more interesting than boring old riot gear

Stale parasitism.

I kind of do.
> How do we make fighters less interesting?
>In combat heavy adventures they steal the show.
>Better characterized then special snowflake characters
>ECT.

DEUS VULT!

That makes me wonder: what sort of armor would be best for protecting against makeshift weaponry like knives or pipes or bats, while also being relatively easy to wear on duty and not restricting movement?

>How to we make it interesting again?

By weaponizing it.

Chainmail is the only armor to retain value without having someone it fits. It's the only one that can be reshaped and repaired without significant expense. Chainmail is valuable loot.

The thing with armor is that it restricts movement and is uncomfortable over long periods of time. For knives, cops and security personnel wear stab-protection vests and kevlar lined gloves. If they need something heavier, then they wear riot gear.

From what I have read on /k/, it's nothing new. The police of Bayern-Württemberg has always used mail armor for situations involving knives or dangerous animals.

Obviously, you've never been in a fight. You have no idea how exhausting fighting is even if you're fit.

What I suggest you is to wear thick winter clothing, a leather coat and, on top of that, add a chainmail and a military helmet. Now, that you're geared, start do 20 minutes of HIIT (alternate 1 minute squat, 1 minute push-ups, 1 minute splits, 1 minute shadowboxing) and tell me how comfortable this is.

wear that every day now for a month. This guy on youtube named codyslab did that and wore it to college to simulate high gravity. You get used to it

Run a light current through it, to stimulate the nerves of the clitoris.

First, he wore only a mail hauberk with normal clothing. There's no gambeson underneath and no leather armor as suggested above. A gambeson has around 10 layers of fabric. It's therefore much hotter than a t-shirt and pull-over combination. Secondly, he only wore it while having a relatively sedentary lifestyle. There are male soldiers and marines who fought in Iraq and Afghanistan who fucked up their backs from wearing armor over some time.

That is so cool.

WRONG. WHY ARE YOU SO FUCKING WRONG

there is a reason that real soldiers and cops abandon armor as soon as they can. It'll kill them because it'll cripple their speed and agility, leaving them unable to move, function, maintain body temperature, or even get up in most occurances.

armor is for swat teams expecting to be shot at before they enter a room.

Grenades, sweeping the wall with high caliber ammunition, and mortars are for intelligence people not bound by pointless bureaucracies.

Chains made of tortured souls

Leather made from the corpses of the tortured

Plates of those tortured then transformed into monsters, and then horrifically killed slowly

Why is her belly button in her side?