WotC and Maro think that counterspells are bad design and they are dumbing down the game for casual players

>WotC and Maro think that counterspells are bad design and they are dumbing down the game for casual players

Yeah, please explain this oblivion ring for spells in 3cmc slaped on a evasive 2/3 creature made to be stack abused in a tribe that has Hexproof and blink support.

If Magic is being dumbed down, this would at least have a text closer to banisher priest.

It's not Vintage playable = it's shit

just another overpriced card ,yeah

what happens if you exile a sorcery, then flicker spell queller on your turn? Does the spell just fizzle? If so this seems rude with any kind of repeatable flicker.

You mean while the "exile the spell" hability is on the stack?

If I'm running the scenario right in my head:
Nothing if there's only one spell on the stack.
If there are at least two spells, you'll get to permanently exile the one targeted pre-flicker.

Wait, crap, misinterpreted the post.
If there's a sorcery already under it and you flicker it, you have two options, but they both end in the same way. There's nothing for the ETB effect to target when it comes in, so that fizzles. The LTB gives them their sorcery.

Because they gotta have a non-mythic chase rare to sell packs?

Vintage spirits is a deck, people thought it was Tier 1 until the meta settled and it became tier 2

What I was asking was if they could still cast the spell given it is a sorcery, so they can't cast it outside of their main phases. I ask because I looked at the rulings on gatherer, and this wasn't addressed.

Are you asking if they wouldn't get to cast it because it's a sorcery? Because they would get to cast it. Spell type does not affect Queller's second effect, however any printed restrictions on the card, "Cast [this card] only during combat", still would.

It was, third entry states: "Timing permissions based on the card's type are ignored"

Vintage is a weird thing.
>Dredge is tier 1

fourth entry, and it was toward the end of a section of text that seemed unrelated. Skimming is fun.

Bazaar+dredge is beyond ridiculous

I'm too lazy to type out a complete response so just ask GA on the Ask A Judge thread. There is on active now

>Slash panther is playable and is used to kill Jace

According to OP

>3cmc o-ring, only targets 4cmc or less, needs other cards to have solid protection, has the most vulnerability as a permanent by being a creature, and if it gets removed from the battlefield by any means the spell it exiled goes back on the stack

Is easier to build a deck around and play effectively than

>play a single card and cancel an entire effect, effect chain, combo, combat advantage, reset a stack, etc.

I'm not shocked at all that you're fucking retarded and bad at magic, but holy shit. This is impressive stupid.

That was 5 years ago bruh. Shops has new toys to play with, like Thought Knot Seer and Reality Smasher. And Jace's use has gone down in Vintage and Legacy

Shops became Car Shops and it's currently playing 3x Fleetwheel Crusier.

God Bless Vintage

They can be a little boring I suppose. Cold. Frigid. Its too much fun to tell someone no though.

Vintage is the one true format. Casual-kitchen table is still the purest form of magic though

>Yeah, please explain this oblivion ring for spells in 3cmc slaped on a evasive 2/3 creature made to be stack abused in a tribe that has Hexproof and blink support.
What the fuck are you talking about? Flicker doesn't abuse Queller, return to hand does, and that's nominal value at best. Jesus Christ, speaking of dumbing down magic...

You asked a question and I answered it, very civily given where we are. The least you could do is not be a petty little cunt and make up an excuse and then correct me on a counting mistake.

Instant speed flicker absolutely does work. The leaves the battlefield trigger resolves first. Then the ETB trigger resolves and the spell is permanently exiled.

Spell Queller doesn't have a Banisher Priest type ability because the writing on the ability would be awkward as fuck, so they went with the old O-ring style.

No. While Spell Queller is not Banisher Priest, it is NOT Fiend Hunter. There is a "you may exile" clause on Fiend Hunter, not Spell Queller. Let's run through the events.

>Opponent casts spell with CMC less than 5 and passes priority
>You cast Spell Queller, and pass priority
>Opponent passes priority (I'm going to assume they're tapped out from here on, and just keep passing priority when they get it) and SQ resolves
>SQ enters the battlefield and its ETB trigger goes on the stack targeting their spell (We'll call this ETBT-1)
>Before ETBT-1 resolves, you cast Essence Flux targeting SQ
>Essence flux resolves, SQ leaves the battlefield, putting a leaves-the-battlefield trigger on the stack (LTBT-1) and re-enters the battlefield, putting an ETB trigger on the stack (ETBT-2)
>LTBT-1 and ETBT-2 can go on the stack in any order (your choice, but it doesn't matter since LTBT-1 and ETBT-2 aren't connected) because they both trigger during Essence Flux's resolution
>ETBT-2 is forced to target the only spell on the stack
>LTBT-1 resolves and does nothing because ETBT-1 hasn't yet resolved
>ETBT-2 resolves and exiles the Opponent's Spell
>ETBT-1 fizzles
If the ETB trigger gave you the option like Fiend Hunter, it'd work, but because it doesn't, you have to use overcosted Bounce to make this cute "abuse" happen by never having ETBT-2 happen. There's also delayed flicker, but that's even worse for cost-effectiveness.

I was referring to the delayed type flicker like Ghostway and Eldrazi Displacer's ability yeah. This trick has never really been efficient, even when it was done to permanents with O-ring, but it does work.

Eldrazi Displacer isn't delayed. But yeah, Ghostway or Eerie Interlude would work.
>This trick has never really been efficient, even when it was done to permanents with O-ring, but it does work.
There have been some plays able to be had, like permanently exiling their guy with Fiend Hunter, and exiling your own threat, then casting a boardwipe the following turn. Spirits is way too tempo oriented to warrant a ridiculous thread like this, even if Spell Queller is very strong just on its own.