Warhammer 40,000 General

Liberal High Lords are Taking our Lasguns Edition

>Rules
mega.nz/#F!Wl5DAbCb!TYxZG4CgX_x-NJu7JBwbZQ!2tgBUTYI

mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ!ddAxALZD

mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg

mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ

>FAQ’s and Errata (outdated but official)
games-workshop.com/en-GB/Rules-Errata

>40k 7th edition quick reference sheet(s).
dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/4104995/Games/7edRef.pdf

>Forgeworld Book index
dakkadakka.com/wiki/en/Forge_World_and_Apocalypse_Rules_Index

>The Black Library(Stay the fuck away from the clowns)
mega.nz/#F!wx4BiKhD!YhnAf1BqSmAB8dO6xDM56Q!c4pGAJDb

Other urls found in this thread:

games-workshop.com/en-CA/Exalted-Court-House-Terryn-Rules-Bundle
1d4chan.org/wiki/Codex_-_Adepta_Sororitas:_Veeky
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Repostan cause no reply in moldy old bread

Forgeworld actually updating Badab Chapters when

Has anyone considered the timing issues for joining ICs to units in relation to genecult?
Wouldn't a player have to roll one cult ambush dice for the unit, then roll a second cult ambush dice for the IC and deploy it in coherency with the unit to join it?

I claim this thread in the name of the Imperial Guard.

Hold the line. No retreat. No surrender. We die standing.

So im trying to think of a way too make my traitor guard seem Chaosy, any tips on that im already adding puss and open bellies for example to the oggryns, any tips advice maybe even a colour scheme

Give us the exact rules conundrum, I'm not as familiar with Corsairs but I did glance the facebook FAQ that one time

>Even if you read the books cover to cover, it's too much.
Not even remotely close. 40k is an extremely simplistic system, and the vast majority of rule issues crop up because people can't be bothered to actually read.

Yeah, it's baffling how people struggle with such simple shit. Practically every general we get someone acting retarded about detachments.

>FW clearing things up
Good one. You can shoot them an e-mail, and they'll likely answer. Of course, they might answer differently if you ask again.

Corsairs are hilarious. They're just as infuriatingly unfun to play against as regular Eldar, despite being a fairly mediocre army power-level-wise.

Spikes, lots of spikes

Greenstuffing a tentacle or two onto Characters never hurt

It's a shame that GW hasn't put out a Codex: Space Marines supplement that's just a ton of Chapter Tactics.

(not that user, but) the corsair psykers all say "may select powers from x" instead of the usual "generate their powers from x"

as well, reckless abandon reads "when making a shooting attack at an enemy within 12", the unit may immediately move 6", as long as they end no closer to their target".

Have you thought about doing it the other way around? Like, instead of taking humans and making them weird you take something wierd and make it humany.

Like, take some Ork boyz, paint them in human flesh colours and give them little wigs and stuff so they're not so bald.

Posting again since the last thread devolved into /pol/

So I'm slapping together a Mekboy Junka, I already have the Shokk Attack gun assembled and attached.

Now the debate on on the pintle mounts, but I need some clarification first.
-Is there a specific place each pintle mounted weapon must go? Or can I just put them all on the front hull?

-Is putting all Skorchas on worthless? If I'm reading the rules correctly and I move 6" and shoot my shokk attack gun, I can't shoot the skorchas, since templates can't snap-fire.

You'll be holding a line alright, and you certainly won't be going anywhere for a long while.

Kinda not happy with the normal Guardsmen heads, any idea what i could use

re release of years old Sisters of Battle novels in omnibus format next year

just a coincidence?

Yeah, you pick your powers rather than roll for them with corsairs and they can move during their overwatch.

Basically, they're Eldar.

First one is crystal clear, if it says select, you select.

I would totally try that out if i had orks

>40k is an extremely simplistic system
>extremely simplistic

Are you sure you're using the right words?

Do this
fucking do it

>last thread devolved into /pol/
I did not "devolve in to /pol/".

The user was just stating you don't want to bring your girlfriend in to a game store full of weird, smelly people.
Even if they don't try to molest her or anything.

You can explain move, shoot, assault and the stat block in minutes, to be fair.

It's just bloated to all hell and back.

I'm just happy that Grey Knights are getting some fluff love with a Crowe backstory book.

Give it to me.

How do the space cows stack up against the other armies? I remember the new codex being OP a couple years ago.

Im seriously thinking about that....

Source? Looking through the FAQs on facebook, there's nothing that says that.

I genuinely want to learn more about sex in the 40,000 universe.

Sucks that they don't explain shit. Wish we could see anatomy textbooks.

No overtly sexual pandering. Just information.

Don't you want to know what a space cow's cunt looks like? I bet it looks like a spider.

I was talking about the people bitching about Obama and Hillary.

From what I've seen in battle reports on tabletop tactics (I've ordered a small army from china to test them) they are pretty good when supported with a Knight and potentially the forgeworld flyer they can use.

Lots of long range melta combo'd with flamers is nice. They lack all the free buffs formations give them like any other old army though and aren't especially tricksy.

Celestine struggles against monstrous creatures but being able to get back up and fly away then flamer shit is pretty cool.

Over all it looks like it feels like playing Dark eldar but tougher and slower

Just drop it. Shit's over and done with.

People are so sensitive when it comes to politcal bullshit. Thread was dead and we were just talking.

ICs can join units in Reserve.

Is there a tier list I can look at?

If some of you guys could rank the armies in terms of power, that'd be fucking awesome.

No need to argue over it; I just want a general idea.

>I've ordered a small army from china to test them

Yeah, what's up with all the Warhammer shit being shipped from China? Is it all fake stuff? I see it on eBay when I browse for models.

If you Google the Las Vegas open results it gives a pretty clear view of the top tiers;

Eldar, Tau, Space Marines of most flavours are top tier

Dark Eldar, Orks, Tyranids, Chaos Space Marines are bottom tier

Everything else is in the middle with some exceptions for cheesy play (chaos daemons death star for example)

If its from China its fake, GW produces everything from the UK, if Im not mistaken they only print the books in China.

If you think 40k is a complex system, you should find a simpler hobby. Like said, the issue is bloat and poor wording. 40k has tons of rules that all try to do the same thing in slightly different ways.

Other than the redundancy and bloat, 40k's major issues are the scale 28mm is not an appropriate scale for company level engagements or Knight-sized units or aircraft, the turn system the I-go-You-go system results in huge amounts of down-time for each player and drastically decreases the amount of possible counter-play, and the D6 not granular enough to showcase the difference between units- almost everything in the game succeed on a 3+, a 4+, or a 5+ and the vast majority of stats are between 3-6. None of those are really things that would be fixed by "streamlining."

I thought they printed the books in Poland. At least they used to do that, the same with WDs

It's affectionately termed yoyhammer, some small business in China buys a model, replicates the mould using it and creates cheap casts of the sprues using most likely more toxic resins. Generally more much more brittle than normal models, prone to warping and bubbling and loses some of the quality.

The plus side? An army that would cost you between £350-400 from a 3rd party retailer costs around £200 from China and once painted up to table top standard is almost indistinguishable. I get most of my forgeworld stuff from China. An Eldar Revenant Titan (£210) is only £30 from China, I've resold 3 on eBay to cover a couple of my armies

>Chaos Space Marines are bottom tier

Alright, what the fuck? CSM was just updated a year or two ago. Weren't they OP as fuck?

I also don't understand how Chaos Daemons went from being bottom tier to being cheese.

Also, I thought Tyranids were updated as well.

I'll google that tournament now.

I fucking hate China. Bunch of scam artists. Should be banned from eBay.

>If you think 40k is a complex system, you should find a simpler hobby.

Fuck off, you arrogant prick. No need to be a stuck up asshole. Also, why are you using the spoiler text feature like a fucking retard?

Nerfs to flying monstrous creatures and the heldrake I believe ruined CSM along with other armies getting great formations they couldn't compete with, they just got some formations but they're not that great.

China sales are a good source for cheap Forgeworld and Metal model, both of which are overpriced and shitty as fuck to work with in the first place.

CSM haven't been anywhere near OP for well over a decade. Daemons have been great for ages.

Updated doesn't mean good.

>CSM haven't been anywhere near OP for well over a decade
Heldrakes were pretty fucking faggotrocious when 6th CSM dropped. The errata was made to nerf them.

>Daemons have been great for ages
Outside of Screamerstar they were pretty shit before KDK updated Thirsters and the army as a whole only recently got good with CotW

CSM have the oldest codex in the game. Their competitiveness was entirely based on the Baledrake, which suffered a couple nerfs between the edition shift and an FAQ change.

Chaos Daemons have been fluctuating in power since their 6e book. Screamerstar/Pinkstar were both powerful builds in sixth, and are still decent enough when backed up by Summoning. Flying Circus builds are likewise quite powerful with Summoning to shore up their numbers. Still, the random nature hurts them; it's better to be consistently good than to be inconsistently great. They just got some powerful new formations in Curse of the Wulfen that knocked them back up towards the top.

Tyranids got an update, but it was shit. They got gutted by Cruddace back in 6e, and nobody has bothered picking up the pieces.

40k isn't a complex game. Sorry that this triggers the tard. I like to use spoilers when putting asides/explanations inside a larger body of text. Basically just using them as parentheses that also hide the content when not being examined.

He's bullshitting
It was FAQ'd in 30k, not 40k
It works in exactly the way to make Corsairs more powerful, yes

Did a new Edition come out?

I'm seeing a faction called "Renegades" in these tournament results. Looked them up, and they're called Renegade Knights on the GW website. Only two entries, though. One's the codex.

Can someone tell me what's up with these fuckers? This model looks absolutely beautiful.

>I like to use spoilers when putting asides/explanations inside a larger body of text. Basically just using them as parentheses that also hide the content when not being examined.

its just a slightly converted imperial knight.

They're Imperial Knights, but Chaos'd. That's it.

The only differences is they are like a Build-a-Knight instead of the loyalists where there is a list of preset loadouts to choose from, so you can give one two gatling guns if you want. The tradeoff is that if you build a loyalist equivalent it'll end up being more expensive.

They also have their own list if relics, and can ally differently (Daemons and CSM instead of loyalist forces, mostly).

The "Renegade Knight" kit is just a normal Knight with a Chaos transfer sheet though.

>Tyranids got an update, but it was shit. They got gutted by Cruddace back in 6e, and nobody has bothered picking up the pieces.

Story time?

Not even gonna try to understand the second part. I was gonna type out what I think you're trying to say, but I'm gonna look retarded. I'll have to read the rules.

>Chaos transfer sheet

What's that?

transfers are those little 'stickers' you cut out after soaking in water, and apply them to models. they're all the chaosy symbols on the knight

Which part? The Build-a-Knight bit? Relics?

A transfer sheet is a little piece of card with water transfers on it. You use them to put iconography on your models so you don't have to paint that shit. Pic related is a typical example.
The Renegade Knight box has one with Chaos shit on it instead of loyalist Knight stuff that you get if you just buy a regular Knight. Otherwise their kits are identical.

Oh, alright. I bet those are pretty easy to fuck up.

Knowing me, they'd end up slightly crooked – triggering my autism forever. Or I'd ruin the stickers, lol.

They're shit.

I mean don't get me wrong, shorthand for learning tricky as fuck freehand skills, but mixed medium on a model looks like ass compared to just having all paint.

>The only differences is they are like a Build-a-Knight instead of the loyalists where there is a list of preset loadouts to choose from, so you can give one two gatling guns if you want. The tradeoff is that if you build a loyalist equivalent it'll end up being more expensive.

That part. I need a better explanation. I don't understand.

If it's not easy to explain, then don't bother. I'll figure it out eventually.

The game is crazy complex, just not always as deep as the complexity would seem to indicate. At least, if you define "Complexity" as the number of interlinking rules and mechanics and "Depth" as the number of viable strategies, scenarios, and viable army lists you can design.

Call me a retard, but I think they look pretty good on that model.

Basically the Imperial Knight codex has a bunch of different Knights in it, each of which has a static loadout.
Like the Knight Paladin which always has a Battle Cannon and a D sword, or the Gallant who always has a sword and a fist.

Renegade Knights start out with a sword and fist, but you can pay points to upgrade them with all the different guns, so you can give it two Battle Cannons if you want. Loyalists can't do that.

If you try to duplicate a loyalist loadout (like trying to make a Chaos Paladin) the cost of the upgrades mean your Renegade will cost more than his loyalist equivalent, so if you play a Renegade you exercise your custom-building privilege and do shit the loyalists can't. My favorite loadout is two Avenger cannons for maximum BRRRT.

So why are Tyranids shit? Who's this Cruddace fucker? Is he as bad as Matt Ward?

GW made Knights (huge robot things) and originally they came in a few flavours with a set list of weapons. A big chainsaw and a big gatling gun and a flamer on the kneecap.

Then they brought out more flavours with a few more options and extras but still they were specific flavours.

The renegade knight let's you pick anything you want for each slot (left arm right arm kneecaps missile pods on top) but if you make an arrangement that's the same as one of the earlier premade flavours it'll cost more

1250 salamanders new player rate my list

HQ

Vulkan He'stan -190
-Master Crafted Bolt Pistol

Elites

-Ironclad Dreadnought -180
-Drop Pod
-Melta + Heavy Flamer

-Sternguard Veterans -210
-Drop Pod
-Sarge w/Combi-Melta and Master Crafted Lightning Claw
-3 Vets w/Combi-Melta
-1 Vet w/Heavy Flamer

Troops

-Tactical Squad -200
-Rhino
-Sarge w/ Master Crafted Combi-Flamer
-Flamer and Multi-Melta

-Tactical Squad -200
-Rhino
-Sarge w/ Master Crafted Combi-Flamer
-Flamer and Multi-Melta

Fast Atack

-Assault Squad -135
-Drop pod
-Sarge w/ Master Crafted Lighting claw, Bolt Pistol and Melta Bombs
-2 Bolt Pistol and Chain Sword
-2 Flamers and Chain Sword

Heavy Support

-Vindicator- 135
-Siege Shield
-Storm Bolter

>Matt Ward is bad
Step one: don't believe this retarded meme. Wardexes were ahead of their time, nothing more. They'd be considered underpowered in the game as it is.

Cruddace, on the other hand, deserves all most of the shit he gets. He's raped Tyranids two editions in a row and is the reason why they are so unplayable.

That's dope as fuck, actually.

So Imperial Knights and Renegade Knights are exclusively about big models?

Jesus Christ.

games-workshop.com/en-CA/Exalted-Court-House-Terryn-Rules-Bundle

$940 Canadian. Fisher-Price dollars, but still.

How? How has he raped Tyranids? This is interesting as fuck.

Make sure you help this guy as well: We can talk about Tyranids at the same time.

Here. Rated worst to best based on ITC standings.

Can anyone post the full un-glitched version of this?

Also, Skitari are low because the one guy at the top skewed the data apparently.

It should be noted that ITC has its own rules regarding list building and other sanctions that bring the armies a bit more in line, so your mileage will vary massively from this list.

For instance they only use 2 source lists (1 CAD 1 Formation for example) which prevents a lot of the cheesy bullshit you'll get in normal games, I'm not sure but I think they only allow you to choose 1 army aswell so no bringing the best eldar models and the best tau models in the same list for example

I don't even know who the Skitari are. Honestly thought I knew all the factions prior to the last few days.

How do I read this? Because I'm pretty sure Skitarii should be way higher than oh.

Skitarii are Admech infantry. They're really the same army but GW decided to be maximum jews and split them into Skitarii and Admech proper. They're typically fielded together regardless.

Orks are pretty high on that list.

Sounds like a cool way to play. I'm all for balance changes.

That's about the only thing Mk II Warmachine/Hordes did right.

I'm about to hop over to the Warmachine/Hordes thread for a second. I'm wondering how balanced Mk III is.

Thanks.

Being pedantic - its 3 sources. That said it is also worth noting that they expressly do NOT require events to use their comp pack but the results still count towards the ITC scores.

Thanks a fuckton man.

>Orks not low-tier
>Guard low-tier

What the fuck am I reading? Is this the Discount Stompa meme in action?

Idk, someone sent a link to some plebbit autist who compiled the data last thread.

He made them go from a really solid and interesting codex, comparable to Necrons now (really good at their mode of play, and have a lot of interesting and different options), to a bottom-tier codes that gets beaten in its own codex.

The reason being he's a guard (it's guard, right? I couldn't remember if it was them or Marines) player and hated the fluff/tabletop victories they had, so he straight up said when it was announced he was gonna neuter the army.

And he did, everything sucks now, with the Flyrants being the sole exception. On top of that, he turned a terrifying end-all-be-all (literally!) threat into the Saturday morning villain, that pops up and makes a "threat" but is instantly and hilariously beaten back.

Which sucks, cause I like Tyranids, the swarm or monster spam (of course now MCs are everywhere) aspect made for some kickass play. Also, With the weak codex a lot of Nid players stopped playing, and that especially hurt because they were undoubtedly some of the most skilled artists, the work I've seem is imo some of the best looking ever.

But oh well, I don't particularly care for their end time setting. However it did make also Chaos the undisputed "hur dur we the scariest threat evar!!!!111!!!one11!!!" force, so take from that what you will.

I'm about to start a new army; got some BA on the cheap and will be building a Archangels demi company and a 10th company ambush force. Should I make them a successor chapter (would fit in well with the campaigns I play in) or plain BA?

What rules and traditions do a BA successors follow?

Imperial Guard a bad tier army despite your hopes, dreams or beliefs.

Thank you for taking the time to write that. Appreciate it, man. I was curious as fuck.

They're low-mid at worst. With access to cheap tanks, Vendetta, Pask, Chimeravets and formations like Emps' Wrath they can be usable. Not at all able to hold a candle to actually high-tier armies of course, but they will stomp face in the kiddie pool that is shit-tier codices.

I'd classify them as a mid-tier army provided they have some form of allied support. I have lots of fun playing them, but the codex has awful internal balance. About half the units in there are must-haves, and the others are of questionable use at best.

>Over all it looks like it feels like playing Dark eldar but tougher and slower

That's a fairly accurate assessment.

Also, plugging for the Veeky Forums 7e Sisters fandex which just got updated:
1d4chan.org/wiki/Codex_-_Adepta_Sororitas:_Veeky Forums_7th_Edition

suffering
black rage
red thirst

Are they? Where should they rank?

When were they last updated? Are they being ignored?

Yeah, I was thinking do they have any councils or ties with other chapters apart from the flaws they share.

Tell me again why Chaos is worse than the Imperium?

A couple of questions: Is there a particular reason you have a vindicator in the list? Also why the lightning claws? To which unit is Vulkan attached to?

All successors have ties to their original chapter, a primogenitor can ask all their successor to help them and they will answer the call out of duty and respect, the exceptions are DA on one extreme where their successors answer directly to the grandmaster, they are subordinated to him as opposed to just tied and those chapters that dont know who their original chapter is and have no familiar ties.

Sure I won't debate that they're OK in the shit heap that is about half the books. That said beating Tyranids or CSM doesn't really impress me.

They aren't going to compete - at all - with top tier books and really even with the 'solid but not quite top' tier armies like KDK.

They were updated I guess 2 or 3 years ago? I don't think they're being ignored, they just don't have the tools to deal with the more powerful elements of the game.

The Elimination Volley special rule doesn't specify that the Kastelan Robot landing the wound has to be from the Formation, does it?

So technically a Kastelan from another unit than the one in the Formation also triggers that rule, correct?

Would you rather work 20 hours a day to earn the bare minimum wage needed to survive in an incaring world, or be torn screaming from your physical body and vilently raped for the remainder of eternity?
Chaos seeks the end of the material universe and all life, not just destruction of life as we know it but utter annihilation of all living things that do not bow to the depraved will of Chaos itself.

The Imperium wishes only to preserve a status quo, which despite being indescribably shitty is the best they have. They aren't the "good guys" by a long shot, but they're a damn sight better than the alternative from the point of view of the average joe but in-universe and out.

>I'm seeing a faction called "Renegades" in these tournament results.

Are you sure you're not seeing Renegades and Heretics, which is a Forge World Faction? They're actually pretty solid competitively, and some of their stuff can be ridiculous with some lucky rolls.

>literally bled dry to feed a generator for an hour.

>end up having my soul claimed by the Chaos gods anyway

>That said beating Tyranids or CSM doesn't really impress me.

Okay, but that doesn't make them shit-tier. No, they definitely aren't anywhere near the top, but they shouldn't be anywhere near the bottom, either. Guard is a decent codex, but in the game as-is, being merely decent doesn't cut it.

So not at the top, but not at the bottom. Where does that put them? Around the middle.