What I Made/What the DM Saw/What I Played

Haven't had one of these threads in a while.

so you wanted to play someone tactically incompetent and yet they turned out to be the ultimate mastermind?

Arthur Dent with a scarf?

A lot of the metal spells involved using a metallic scarf and so I had a ridiculously fancy metallic mesh scarf made and solved most of my problems by flinging it in their general direction.

I can never tell if people are genuinely thinking their images communicates any sort of information or if it's all random shit made to "made you look! lel"

They're intended to be jokes, generally

But the references are always barely sensical mash-ups of the randomest things...

Only the person who makes them can really understand what's going on in a lot of them. That's part of the fun with those and why images are used and descriptive text is usually avoided

Fair point.Made a Witchguard Ranger in a 3.P game who was partnered with a Raptoran Witch PC as their body-guard in return for magical know-how. Dipped into Wu-Jen to manifest his own bent to her teachings, but the spell-list made for a weird habit of beating people to death with very niche clothing and Apparel, so gradually he shifted from bodyguard to fashionista as his magical means improved.

Still played up the bodyguard bit while the game was going, plenty of shielding and abjuration spells to make sure the boss was safe.

Initial pic related was a one-shot character who got no lines, characterization or anything but hey cool hoverboard fighting style. Game came up in the underdark, E6, so I did a little research to figure out how hoverboards could be managed, then what the hell to do with it. Gestalt game allowed me to go crafting-caster on one side and Dungeoncrasher Fighter on the other. There aren't always walls or obstacles to crash people into for that feature, but there's Usually a ground underneath your enemies at e6 levels, so I started flying around on a racing-broom enchanted tower shield and goomba stomping enemies while my spells were on CD.

Character-wise, I had been picked up by the party's feigned deity-boss as a talented craftsman beyond the norm of even magical dwarvan methods (Impossible Bloodline to ignore crafting spell prereqs, allowing for creation of items that need 4th or 5th level spells in an E6 world capped at 3rd) and then forgotten because that floating eye bastard was half crazy despite his knowledge and powers. When the rest of the PC's found themselves in the same situation we teamed up to break out and off I was boarding and bashing along with the rest of our merry band of murderhobos.

I made a hardcore revolutionary Toreador in a V:tM game set in 1992 Leningrad (Weird combo, I know). The GM thought I was going to try and be all idealistic and Che-ish, which to be fair, I was for the first half of the campaign, but the character eventually ended up becoming more like an undead Stalin.

This is the thing for the game itself. I went in expecting just a bunch of Slavic stereotypes, but to my surprise it actually had some good atmosphere and stuff (Alongside Slavic stereotypes).

>communist toreador
we call those brujah

It's a long story.

It was my first time playing OWoD, and I really didn't like Brujah at all (I still don't).

Is that first picture sveta?

yup, it is indeed sveta

So far. Straight forward stubborn Direct approach to combat planning keeps working. Inspiring Leader keeps being the thing that carries the day by making the party last through to victory by one hit. Presence of Paladins doesn't hurt for commanders strike.

Then just being a dick to the right people, on a whim at the right time has gotten the useless captain of the guard in Goldenfields deposed in one case and me a badge from the Lord's Alliance in another.

I'm just playing Zapp as a sword and board without the sexlexia, and it keeps working.

Doctor Dinosaur is the best thing in that comic.

Anyone who has ever tried to play a drow has an identical middle panel to this one.

Story?

For two reasons.

1) I had ALL the hit points. Soldiers in SpyCraft 1.0 get to roll d12s for hit points. I simply would not die...though I got fucked up pretty bad a lot.

2) My character was supposed to be a sniper who killed people from a kilometer away. Instead she found herself in near-melee situations, or having to do things outside of her skillset such as negotiations or investigation, with disturbing frequency. And they always went exactly as well as you'd expect them to when handled by someone who's skill set begins and ends with shooting something.

>dr dinosaur

fuck yes

File name says it all

Does that girl in the middle panel have a C-7?
Ewwww

I dunno, I just typed "sniper girl" into Google search.

Oh sure let me close into melee to deal with the sith lords and rakghouls. Or I could bombard them with explosives and sniper fire.

Fucking Jedi.

You more or less ended up playing the Drow version of Lina Inverse.

I can only imagine the internal screaming coming from the GM (and possibly the other players); probably a blast to play as though.

I'll have you know that Daz Kor the Kel Dor went toe to toe with a Sith lord, his apprentices, and acolytes, and horrible Sith alchemy monsters and only nearly died twice and lost his arm only once. Okay maybe you have a point.

Speaking of Star Wars...

This was an interesting game.

except instead of Natalie Portman it's Light Yagami

>WIM:
brunette with big tits, handgun, and knife
>WTDMS:
brunette with big tits, handgun and trenchcoat
WIP:
brunette with big tits, trenchcoat and eyepatch

I hope you're familiar with S'lyssk.

WIM: Anita Blake, Vampire Hunter
WtDMS: Sara Pezzini (Witchblade)
WIP: Nick Fury

The big tits and trenchcoat were accurate tho

>killing sandniggers not heroic

Shiny, never followed that series but I'll have to do some digging now.

My guy was supposed to be the somber toned but hopeful and guiding sort of character. Unfortunately with my party his attempts weren't all too appreciated...most of the time.

He was an ex-Aboleth transformed slave that became a Keeper of the Cerulean Sign, but he ended up getting killed. But enough of his psychic influence remained in his armor armor to turn him to what was pretty much a Warforged.

He used his telepathy to project images to those who were willing, so it was only an RP element. He ended up bonding with a 19 year old female monk, and he used his telepathy to give her wet dreams once they got serious enough.

Unfortunately the campaign devolved into 4 hour long combats for six sessions of fighting LITERALLY 100 KUO TOA AND 20 ABOLETH and who knows how many mindflayers. Oh, and the Eldest too. Not to mention the player of said monk disappeared for what is several months now. She was the only thing keeping me sane in that game...

This is what happens when your mecha RPG DM is a sexist bitch and you're willing to fuck up his shit, guys.

What system?

>sniper girl
>has an ar
>it's not even in a dmr configuration
fuck

I'm interested in hearing more about this one.

I don't know what the party thought a shock collar would do. He's been a bigot fer over a century. A few thousand volts ain't changin' nothing.