Why is YGO so pupular with black people?

Why is YGO so pupular with black people?
And why isn't MTG more popular with them?

ygo is fast, dirty and creeps power

Black weeaboos

>Yu Gi Oh
>bomb ass anime monsters
>associated anime to view as side material
>has that special Japanese flair
>a nice, semi-quality fanbase
>accessible
>meme potential

>Magic the Gathering
>alright art, but pretty standard for western fantasy
>not very accessible to newbies
>has a fanbase chock full of neckbeards of manchildren

you don't have to be black to see why a number of people prefer the former. it isn't cereal toast crunch

Because yugioh has that egypt shit. WE WAZ KANGZ

>it isn't cereal toast crunch

>>meme potential
?

>except during the stone age

Probably because of the horrible 4kids anime dub.

most ghetto fucks (from the 80s and 90s) are weebs, because they grew up watching DBZ and Yu Yu Hakusho and buying bootleg anime off the street

Slifer the Executive Producer and all that other good shit

What does pot of greed do?

Anime niggers is a huge meme. The reality is that they just liked the cartoons they saw growing up.

Yugioh thread? Posting best magic equip card.

mst

gg

I remember when this card was new

fucking hell was it broke at the time

>The evangelion of card games!

>buying bootleg anime off the street
that can't be real

yugioh is the tcg equivalent of a fighting game, prove me wrong

also yomi, which actually is a fighting card game with decks being the character and their moveset right down to frame advantage

That's how it was in those days.

Circulate the tapes.

>yugioh is the tcg equivalent of a fighting game,
>mentions a card game that has elements in common with fighting games, such elements being completely absent from yugioh
????

Welcome to South Central, homes. The year is 1993; Just last year man, shit was whack. Cops was beatin' niggas down like it wasn't shit, folks be breakin' windows and rioting like fuck. Even those damn korean ladies that do nails down the gotdamn street was up on rooftops with shotguns an' shit. You ain't going to no fuckin' Best Buy, buyin' no Gundam tapes, nigga. You broke! Shit man, you wanna see Goku do the Kamehamehas an' shit, y'all gotta hit up that beaner down the block man, he got them bootleg tapes.

>Why is YGO so pupular with black people?
>And why isn't MTG more popular with them?

YGO has an anime, MTG doesn't.

Black people are surprisingly much into Anime to a much higher degree than you'd think if you don't know any.

People who are guessing or just pulling it out their ass:

>ygo is fast, dirty and creeps power
>Because yugioh has that egypt shit. WE WAZ KANGZ
>yugioh is the tcg equivalent of a fighting game, prove me wrong

People who know what's up:

>Black weeaboos
>>bomb ass anime monsters
>most ghetto fucks (from the 80s and 90s) are weebs, because they grew up watching DBZ and Yu Yu Hakusho and buying bootleg anime off the street
>he got them bootleg tapes
>YGO has an anime, MTG doesn't.

>a nice, semi-quality fanbase
you what

mtg ain't exactly got a stellar playerbase, but I wouldn't say ygo is any better. Just bad in a different way.

Only people I've met who play yugioh is chill as fuck Asians and rugby players

>rugby
See, we're talking about the actual fanbases here in eagleland.

The only guys I've seen playing YGO at my LGS are loud, obnoxious black kids.

at least going by my local card shops, the yugioh players are mostly unwashed teens who try and pocket other people's shit

WOTC are shamelessly trying to pander to black people with black vampires, black elves and black planeswalkers.
YGO doesn't have any of that, it just has more anime and is more popular with them.
It really makes you think.

A top-tier Yu-Gi-Oh card costs about $50.

A top-tier Magic card costs about $500.

>WOTC are shamelessly trying to pander to black people with black vampires, black elves and black planeswalkers.
Let's not kid ourselves here. They're pandering to white people on tumblr who are trying to feel morally superior by getting offended for minority races that honestly couldn't give a fuck about the game in the first place.

...because the only real sizeable minority populations into most Veeky Forums stuff are gays and mtf trans - which probably outnumber born-female women.

>mtf trans - which probably outnumber born-female women.
Just how many of those have you got in burgerland?

He probably meant in the MTG playerbase

So do I

This is actually not true, theres plenty of top tier decks in most formats of mtg that cost less than a single card in ygo.

Quit talking out yo ass bub

Ive watched GitS, Cowboy and others on bootleg tapes. Slayers, Saint Seya, DB were on tv. But I play mtg now and Im not a weeb apparently.

Wanna list some examples?

>A top-tier Magic card costs about $500
Not in Standard

I meant the Veeky Forums playerbase, or rather, the playerbases of the games that Veeky Forums likes...

Or modern
Or legacy

Friendly reminder that the first questions at the Q&A of the Kaladesh reveal were exclusively about SJW shit. "We want a fat heroic planeswalker who's also a good guy !"

Maybe it's just because I'm an Amerifat but I don't see many chill Asians or anyone who knows what rugby is.

It was damn real, with hentai too

that's not axe of despair

That's not how you spell Megamorph.

Small thing about that card.

It's perfectly legal to equip your opponent's monsters with your own cards

>white ass fa/tg/uys don't know what "meme potential" is in reference to YGO
You never seen vines and shit of hood fights with captions like "HE SENT THAT NIGGA TO THE SHADOW REALM"?

Black people love anime and jap shit

it was just further proof that the 90's were a golden age.

That's cultural appropriation user

I actually had a friend make this comparison after explaining archetypes in the game and how they all had their specialties and differences in play. He actually started comparing it to smash brothers the way you usually had a main archetype but could also mix in engines which he compared to assist trophies.

>smash
>a fighting game

Hope you're ready for the future where every deck is made up of 3~4 different engines and archetypes are dead because Rat and Top are taking us there. Fuck literal 1-card xyz nonsense.

>"Why didn't they just download their favorite anime?"

t. millennial

In what fucking universe does yugioh have a better playerbase then magic.

Didn't they have to ban double sleeves because to many people were using them to cheat.

No, that's just Julia's and Tewart's autism.

I would be ok with a lardarse planeswalker.
But i would feel dirty playing it knowing it was made for sjws.

I dont know where people get this idea wizards panders in mtg from though they did not even cave on the triamph of ferocity.

Is it just because of gay statues and evil transexuals (evil being a keyword there your in denial if you think she was portrayed positivly on a single card)

I just went to look this up and i noticed this in the tournament rules.

All cards used in dueling must be placed in card protectors.
∗ Only official Yu-Gi-Oh card protectors may be used

Thats really fucking shady

Also most of the examples of misconduct given are just various ways of cheating how fucking prone to cheating is this game.

Again, it's mostly KoA's autism+jewery and people being terrible. You won't hear me claim that the game has a good playerbase but then again you won't hear me talk nicely about any game's players, because no matter the game they play, people are still mostly terrible.

Topkek

Surprisingly enough, "it has people who look like me in it" does not inherently make people like a thing more.

Weebs are fags and traditional fantasy is better in every genre except high speed racing and giant fighting robots.

And any time YuJiOH is played at any card shop I've been to there is almost always more children than adults. Iv'e never seen a black playing

MTG tables aren't much better, but at least better than Yu's. If you're going to a card shop to game there is no way to avoid dirty NEETs , hamplanets or man children, just have to try and avoid becoming one

>millennial: a person reaching young adulthood around the year 2000

Is children playing a bad thing.

It means the game isn't a mature card game meant for mature adults such as myself, a mature adult.

Would MTG be more popular if it was the one that had an anime?

Yes.

Well, what would it be about?

15 years ago? Possibly a storybook format where it has different adventures with every season, exploring different planes and eventually leading up to some culmination with Nicol Bolas.

Now? Following the bradywalkers as they perform their superhero duties, eventually leading up to some culmination with Nicol Bolas.

Probably magic.

And gathering of something

But isn't a person who cares about that themselves not mature.

Yugioh isnt popular with anyone. Games dead as fuck

Simple. Yu Gi Oh was CHEAP when it was released, you fucks just don't remember it.

You could walk into the store and buy your starter deck for $1 or $2, the original price of the first few starter deck for Yugi and Kaiba. After a while the price was raised to about $5 but it was still affordable atm when Yu-Gi-Oh reached its peak.

The other thing is because it was so cheap EVERYONE played it.

Magic doesn't have an anime so it missed out on a younger audience.
Yu-Gi-Oh is popular as shit with Asian convenience store salesmen. This means they tend to carry Yu-Gi-Oh packs while they may have never heard of magic.
We would've played Pokemon but no one knew how to play it because the anime never explained and most stores only sold boosters. Most people only collected Pokemon cards and never used them.

It helps a little, I like having characters that resemble me in stuff I play.

Sadly I mostly get tribal or WE WUZ bullshit from most games.

I just want ONE fancy as fuck, non-hood, non-tribal, non-egyptian black dude to play as, is that to much to ask?

Like Teferi basically.

It's a shame that with all the diversitywank, there aren't any spics in Magic.

Shit, you're right.

I just hope they don't shoehorn them into a Mesoamerican setting because "Muhxico"
I really want them in a Wild West setting, though

You're right, they cost a fuckton more.

Magic is more expensive
Also for a while you could find yugioh fucking everywhere, like convenience stores and gas stations. Easier to steal.

>We would've played Pokemon but no one knew how to play it because the anime never explained and most stores only sold boosters. Most people only collected Pokemon cards and never used them.
This nigga knows what's what.

which ones?
all the black loti being played?

you've been power creeped.

This is the future of Yugioh

Sorry, wrong picture

i cant fucking believe nobody /thread you
welp, allow me...

/thread

i can't fucking believe i never thought of this

The most expensive Modern card is 160 dollars
The most expensive Standard card is 40 dollars
The majority of expensive Legacy cards aren't even staples and are either on the banned or restricted list

>literally engines.dek

Has Konami gone too far?

Konami went too far 3 years ago, when they released Dragon Rulers. They went too far 5 years before that with Dark Armed Dragon. They went too far 4 years before that as well, with the Chaos monsters.

Juunishishi is a horror, yeah. And it'll be slaughtered by the banlist just like all top-tier decks are eventually. *cough*DANTE*cough* There's no point complaining about it overmuch; it's just the latest in a long line of what people have been crying is "killing the game" since two-thousand-fucking-four.

They kicked Kojima to the curb, they lost it a long time ago

Holy shit those nigger lips.

They torpedoed all of their flagship series, fired Kojima, there's rumors that they don't give their new employees desks and computers until the CEO personally inspects them, and turned The Boss' death scene into a pachinko machine.

What the fuck do you think?

We all agree that XYZ was the worst addition to the game and that increased the power creep beyond what was possible to maintain, right?

Or did this Zero Turn Win bullshit trend start earlier? Because i'm pretty sure XYZ enabled it more than any other card type.

XYZ was bullshit of the highest level but OTK was all ready a pretty common thing, wasn't it? There's a reason half the original cards were banned or limited.

>yo dawg, dis where da yugioh be at?
Literally heard this at my LGS years ago.

Both me and my giant black bouncer friend are playing 40k on a back table. We both just make eye contact and lean back the at same time to see this event. We were not disappointed.

I wanted to FUCK malevolent nuzzler

That's how it be, nigga

the term is newfag. calling them 'millennials' makes you sound like the out of touch 40-something still spouting 'fail' and chuck norris jokes to be seen as 'cool' and then inevitably fail and revert to saying THESE MILLENNIALS ARE ALL USELESS.