Imperium Asunder

Regrets edition
Previously on Imperium Asunder This is a 40k alt-lore thread with new legions to replace the old ones, new xenos races in addition to the old ones, and a bunch of other wild shit , new posters are always welcome.
Want to find out what the setting's deal is? Check out our wiki.
1d4chan.org/wiki/Imperium_Asunder
The wiki is still not as up to date as we'd like, feel free to post questions/clarifications/ideas

Thread Prompt: Roll for a legion and write about an instance where your legion fought against them post-heresy, be it a skirmish or an all-out war.

Other urls found in this thread:

m.imgur.com/gallery/CylkY
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Rolled 20 (1d20)

Rolling.

Rolled 9 (1d20)

Rolling the battle for Sky Serpents.

Rolled 19 (1d20)

Well, that's not going to work. I can switch that over to the Behemoth Guard fighting them.
Take II

Hmmm... Sky Serpents vs Negators it is...
Which reminds me, I need to detail that naval battle in the asteroid belt during the heresy.
Besides the usual sort of battle during a crusade, I'm thinking something like
>A Score to Settle
In M33, Dark Eldar in the court of Aodhán impune his honor, suggesting that he fled from Xun to reach the seige of Terra, rather than fighting his way through. The allegations pick up currency with those dissatisfied with Aodhan's relative inactivity.
Looking to clear his name, Aodhán takes the Answerer and sets off for the Jade Empire.
Unfortunately for Aodhán, Xun's concept of honor differs from his own and Aodhán must resort to attacking Jade Empire worlds in an effort to draw out Xun for single combat.
On the world of Gehenna, the Sky Serpents deploy against the Negators.
Xun knows he can't take Aodhán in battle, but also knows Aodhán won't leave until he has a good story to tell.
So from here, I've got a few ideas:

>He pulls a Russ style Night of the Wolf, using himself as bait to draw Aodhán into an exposed position. Aodhán recognizes he's been beaten and departs.

>Xun tricks him. Somehow. Perhaps a ritual to generate an illusion.

>Xun goes out and refuses to fight, saying basically "dude, you'll kick my ass. This isn't honorable or glorious. Fuck off." Aodhán is embarassed.

>Xun goes out and fights him and slaps Aodhán silly using sorcery. Aodhán realizes he's going to be beaten by a filthy sorceror and retreats to consider ways to deal with this vulnerability.

Any other ideas?

Rolled 17 (1d20)

>Xun meets him in combat.
>Points out that he can only win using sorcery, which would be dishonourable, but without it, is no contest, may as well go around kicking puppies
>Offers him a different challenge.
>Say idk, first to 3 strikes, first blood, or something else use your imagination
>maybe even puts on a handicap. Like "why not fight me with your left hand only and eyes closed, type of deal"
>Sells it to him, either I win the contest and everyone says that I won only because you limited yourself, or you win and you look all the better for having done so despite the limitations.
>Aodhan is like, im just here to stop people bitching anyway, that sounds fun.
>rabble rabble
>Aodhan wins, leaves with honour intact, and his glory enhanced.
>Xun is like, well that went surprisingly well

I don't know how close a fight would be between the two if Xun uses sorcery, if its a 1way win for him, I'd have him not use it. If its still close or straight up not enough, then I'd have him use it. YMMV

Ironhearts? I think.

>The Thrice Cursed Raid of Gorthmogs Lair

The Ironheart fortress dubbed 'Gorthmogs Lair' for its now infamous War Smith Gorthmog Darkbane of the Ironhearts Legion.

He boasted many a time that his fortress was impervious to outside forces, able to withstand any assault, from any aggressor. So much so that various Negator Warbands even took up the challenge, though none ever had the honour of penetrating the outer walls, though one legendary champion did make planet fall.

The Negators were not the only vainglorious Astartes to hear this boast and respond to the challenge.

Strike Captain Ezekiel Titus also took this as an opportunity to have his saga sung for many years to come, and devoted himself to the study of this now infamous fortress.

For decades he planned and plotted, attempting to study its orbital and land based defences, having tracked down and interrogated other Ironhearts to gain what advantage he could.

Rolled 19 (1d20)

>broken blades
That won't work. Rerolling.

>Thrice Cursed Raid
Ezekiel captured, interrogated, and executed no less than a dozen Ironheart Astartes, and threw his efforts he determined a pattern in his designs, as well as a tendency of excessive cruelty.

After what seemed like a millennia, Ezekiel and a small cadre of his finest operatives began their daring raid of the fortress. Utilising a legion stealth cruiser not seen since the heresy, they infiltrated the orbit and began their descent.

The infilitration from planet fall was made on foot, utilising a proto-type armour unlike any an Astartes had worn before, supposedly made by the master artisans of the Jade Empire. The team made their way through not only the outer perimeter but into the inner cordon before disaster struck.

One of the proto-type suits malfunctioned, their design meant to disperse their heat signatures, the failing suit only contained it. The Astartes inside roasting alive, and more so - activating various sensors and alarms of Gorthmogs own design.

What happened next has been lost to history, told a dozen different ways by the survivors of the day. One legend speaks of a epic battle fought against demon-servitors, armed with all manner of arcane devices. Another, that Gorthmog himself appeared and slew half a dozen brothers before finally meeting his match with Ezekiel, who cut him three times, the most punishing of which was across his furnace-blasted face, a scar that endures to this day. Others still speak of a valiant raid through the compound, reclaiming lost relics of the Imperium.

What is known is that of the brave Astartes that made planet fall, only a dozen returned

As for Gorthmog, he swore an unholy oath to have his vengeance, thrice cursing the Warhawks for their crimes, and in recent years his forges have become far more active. What revenge he plots though, nobody knows.

Rolled 12 (1d20)

Whoever came up with diceprompting is a genius

Angels vs Angels?

YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAH

I am amused with this turn of events. However, how would this work? Do they have a disagreement, some of them fall to heresy or just a misunderstanding with fatal consequences?
Also, I feel like writefagging again, and for a change, have time to start as soon as I have the general idea of what I'm going to write. Any requests? Theme and participants of a short story?

I'd love if you wrote something about the Hawks or a character from there.

I don't even care what. I'm keen to see what others can do with them.

>I am amused with this turn of events. However, how would this work? Do they have a disagreement, some of them fall to heresy or just a misunderstanding with fatal consequences?
Well during the Age of Apostacy there's a great deal of civil strife in Imperium Minorum, and occasionally disputes between chapters over territory or other bs will turn to bloodshed.

>how could this work
Ill take, what is a holy war for 500 alex.

ALTERNATIVELY

>muh resources
>muh honour
>muh friendly fire

Anyone have a link to that story where the traitors meet, planning the heresy? I think Alexios wrote it. Would be interesting to revisit that one, since some changes have been made to the characters.

Due to lack of better ideas, they shall face the Black Suns in naval combat.

The Crimson Warhawks have had little to do with the enigmatic Black Suns of the Calixis-sector. However, their one encounter was disastrous to both sides, as a Sabre company on scouting mission strayed too close to the ice-planet of Mara.

Commander Kaellios, who was in charge of the fleet of a Frigate and three destroyers, stared at the command console, deep in thought. He had completed his mission and gathered intelligence on Segmentum Obscurus´ situation. However, as his fleet was returning to base, a malfunction forced them to return to realspace, right outside Mara system, where they detected five Chalice-class battlecruisers and eight frigates on intercept course. This was worrying, as the Black Suns had supposedly little naval strength remaining, yet they had a blockade around the dead planet... The intel must have been severely inaccurate.

As the ships approached, Kaellios ordered a retreat, as he sent message to the base of the situation. Seeing he could not outrun the enemy, he began to play for time by using whatever he had: Nebulae, asteroids and gravity wells of the local astral bodies favoured him, and he managed to keep distance for nearly five hours. It was then he launched his counteroffensive.

>Unfortunately for Aodhán, Xun's concept of honor differs from his own and Aodhán must resort to attacking Jade Empire worlds in an effort to draw out Xun for single combat.

Kek.

>“Here is the man who most deeply wounded my soul, who killed my dear friend Patroklos. Now we two shall fight each other and Patroklos will be avenged by me.” Then he shouted to Hector, “Now Hector, your triumph and your life are at an end.”‘
>"No, go away, I'm busy."
>"...O-oh."

Having separated the faster frigates from the battlecruisers, Kaellios made an all-or nothing assault against the eight ships. exchanging torpedoes, macrocannon shells and lance fire, the maneuverability and experience of Kaellios´ fleet overcame the superior numbers, at the cost of one of his destroyers, and his own frigate had sustained severe damage. Yet the Battlecruisers were hot on his heels, and things looked grim for them.
Kaellios frowned, for it would still be nearly a hour until his fleet could make the jump away. Pondering upon his options, he made the choice as the battlecruisers were about to catch up to his damaged fleet.
"Cripple their engines at any cost. We shall seek shelter behind the ice planet, and wait for the warp-engines to be ready."
The plan was simple, dangerous and nearly inconceiveably suicidal. Kaelios knew this, and gambled to save what remained of his fleet.

Their offensive surprised the Black Suns´ fleet: The mainly unaugmented crew of the enemy could not keep up with the maneuvering and reactions of the Astartes, fighters and bombers delivering crippling strikes to the engines as the frigate and destroyers pounded at the void shields, damaging the weapons that could easily annihilate them given the chance. Another destroyer was lost, and Kaellios did the unthinkable: He took ramming course against the last battlecruiser with its engines intact. Upon wings of fire his ship swooped down upon the Black Suns, punching straight through the battlecruiser with relentless barrage and armoured prow.

Barely intact, the Kaellios´ frigate reunited with the remaining destroyer, and escaped as the Black Suns reinforcements arrived.

However, something had infiltrated their ships, awakened by the violence and rage of the battle: Only the Frigate survived to base, as the Mara Strain Psychenuein consumed the crew of the destroyer.

>simple, dangerous and nearly inconceiveably suicidal.

A simple plan, well-rehearsed, and aggressively executed is the key to success

> Warhawk motto

Wooooooo, awesome. Thanks - gonna save those.

Among the most disastrous space battles of history, the conflict would have erupted into an all-out war had the Ash Bearers not destroyed the Black Suns mere months later. The event was later dubbed "Kaelios´ Gambit", and despite his fleet receiving crippling casualties, he was remembered a hero among the legion, defeating a force several times the strength of his fleet. He died during the Psychenuein infestation, protecting the bridge until the final approach to the base, where with reinforcements, the infestation was cleansed.

>He pulls a Russ style Night of the Wolf, using himself as bait to draw Aodhán into an exposed position. Aodhán recognizes he's been beaten and departs.
>Xun tricks him. Somehow. Perhaps a ritual to generate an illusion.
>Xun goes out and refuses to fight, saying basically "dude, you'll kick my ass. This isn't honorable or glorious. Fuck off." Aodhán is embarassed.
>Xun goes out and fights him and slaps Aodhán silly using sorcery. Aodhán realizes he's going to be beaten by a filthy sorceror and retreats to consider ways to deal with this vulnerability.
>Xun meets him in combat.
>Points out that he can only win using sorcery, which would be dishonourable, but without it, is no contest, may as well go around kicking puppies
>Offers him a different challenge.
>etc etc etc

You could do a bunch of these over the course of a campaign. Like, Xun tries multiple methods of stopping him, and he either powers through them or keeps coming back from them. Drops him down a hole with TK? He climbs back up. Draws him into a poor position Russ style? He fights through, his entire retinue probably dying. Etc etc.

Eventually he just agrees to a fight where Aodhan is handicapped somehow, and while the traitor Primarch doesn't manage to kill Xun with his eyes covered or whatever, fighting like that silences whoever was complaining about him.

Alexios and Raydon bitch and moan about Xun not fighting to the bitter end to get a kill in.

Rolled 17 (1d20)

Prompt rollan.

Lots of mentions of Psychenuein in this canon, I notice.

Are there any xenos we've invented purely for IA?

Psychenuein?

Warp bugs that plant their eggs in psyker brains.

In 568.M33, the entire Tepectitlan System goes on high alert when the Answerer breaches the void and makes for the Throneworld. Even as the fleet moves to intercept, Aodhán opens communications , demanding that Xun face him in honorable combat to settle the score left open during the Heresy.
To his frustration, this request is met with the laughter of Xun's court. Xun declines Aodhán's challenge and Aodhán is dumbstruck. The Answerer withdraws under fire from the system defense fleet to reconsider things.
It had not occurred Aodhán that Xun would turn him down.
Aodhán resolves to raid the sector to "draw the snake from his hole".

>The Petty War
Aodhán summons his fleet in hopes of causing enough damage to draw the attention of the Primarch. In this he succeeds, for while defense forces are able to contain smaller raiding fleets, Aodhán has brought a crusade fleet held in abeyance only by its master's desire for personal combat. Xun sallies to meet him.

>"Hey bro, you killed my bro during the Heresy, come out and fite me, bro."
>"Go home Aodhan you're drunk."
>"No."
>"Aodhan go away, stop kicking my stuff over."
>"Oh hey what's this?"
>"Don't touch that, it's really" -
>"Whoops, who knew that thing would break if I threw an asteroid at it?"
>"Dude, stop."
>"Oh hey bro, why you got all these gnomes (demiurge) in your garden? I wonder what Alexios would say about that shit."
>"Motherfucker DO NOT" -
>"Dang he's not picking up his phone, drama queen much? I guess I'll have to leave him a message."
>"...Okay, gloves are coming off now. Sit right there and wait for me to come and kick your shit in."
>pic related

Knowing that Aodhán will come to him, Xun prepares a trap on the planet coolname.
The world is a barely stable volcanic rock where Xun seeks to ensnare Aodhán with witchcraft. When Aodhán teleports down to face Xun, Sky Serpents sorcery throws him off course and into an illusory maze. The Sky Serpents strike swiftly, capitalizing on the confusion by launching an assault on the Negator fleet, while Xun clashes with Aodhán. Overflowing with the power of the warp, Xun over matches Aodhán, impaling him on Widowmaker. Victory is denied, however, when Aodhán is rescued not by his favored sons, but by the Blackclad, whose presence disrupts Xun. Unleashing strange creations from the Dark City devised by the denizens of Commoragh for use against their psyker kin, they force Xun to withdraw to Ultima Ratio Regum.
The cost of these sorcerous exertions is evident in the complexity of the sacrificial rites carried out in the weeks to come.

>Planet coolname
Random generator says... Broxater III.

>survives being in or at least near a Hive when it explodes
>survives being teleported onto a crashing starship
>survives being stabbed by N'Kari
>survives being on top of his flagship when its nova cannon overloads
>survives being stabbed by pic related basically

Is Aodhan a fucking Perpetual or some shit?

Oramar Elthiran stood in the corner. His mirrored armor mimicked the darkness, as did his swarthy unhelmed face. Tatood on his face were eldar runespells, and his eyes glowed with warplight. The chamber he hid in was wide, for it was one of the most important chambers in the whole of the galaxy. Oramar stood in an architectural nook of the Strategium chamber of the All Seeing Eye, greatest interstellar vessel of the Imperium of Man. When in low orbit of Terra, the massive ship could eclipse the moon. It was not anywhere near Terra now, however. At the center of the great chamber was a hololithic display table ten metres long. Around that table sat Oramar's traitorous brothers.

Traitors they were in many ways. Many of them had betrayed Oramar and his Warp Raider legion not unrecently, and Oramar had a long memory. He watched them from the shadows, his presence masked from all but one. They were now gathered for a different sort of treachery: Patricide. Oramar's plans were interwoven to their intentions, but he could not yet reveal his involvement. They stood like titans around the hololithic mountains and castles, and to Oramar's third eye they danced with omens more than any other being.

At the head of the table stood the Warmaster. He was tall, a slender wisp of darkness. His artificor armor was black, trimmed with grey. His skin was pitch black like his armor, but his eyes were a splash of brilliant orange. Those eyes stood out, watchful suns which saw every minute detail. He held a dull iron crozius with its head on the floor, alluding to ancient terran scepters of regality.

At the Warmasters right hand stood Enoch the Relentless. He stood in Tartaros armor, its dull ceramite surface was unpainted, save for red command medals on his pauldrons and breastplate. He wore his helmet, and its visage was one of judgemental fury. On the shoulders of Enoch's armor were a pair of hurricane bolters, no doubt targeted by the auspex arrays of his helmet.

Across from Enoch stood Balthasar Bornhold. He wore armor of red scales and pelts, tailored and embossed with skilled worksmanship. His shin was pale white, and his hair red like dried blood. That hair grew like a mane down the back of his neck and across his forearms, giving him a beastly appearance. He stood in a violent stance, as though ready to tackle any of his brothers in an eyeblink. His eyes darted across the hololiths before him with apparent bloodlust. On his right hand was a gloved power-talon, with a flint dagger on each articulated finger.

Standing close was Kashaln, primarch of the Silver Spears. His armor was plated in pure silver, and the countless cracks, scrapes, and bulletholes of the crusade had been filled in with gold as artistic memoirs. His forked moustache was brazen, decorating a face of immaculate beauty. In his right hand he held a long pike. Wrapped around the pike in a double helix were two snakes, one of gold, and one of silver. Each one's head made a spear tip at one end of the long spear, and though they seemed merely gold and silver, they would surely cut through any foe.

Gengrat Vannevar, the beast of Terrodyne, stood looming over the hololiths, their light illuminating him. His face was refined, his eyes piercing blue. From his head, where hair should have been, grew dozens of long, prehensile mechadendites. They hung like dreadlocks, each one with binary claws for grasping. His armor was a dark metallic blue, like iron discolored by oil. Its construction was unique, for no 'pattern' but Gengrat's own had been used to construct it. Its surfaces were long and angular, with sharp ridges.

Anshul the Resplendant sat, his six arms formed into meditative poses. His eyes were closed, for he was seeing the room by other means. He wore only light ringmail robes, which glimmered like lanterns from his luminous skin. In his lap sat a bow of ravanna white wood, with now arrows in sight.

At the far end of the table, standing as far from the Warmaster as he dared, stood Aodhan Kael, the Negator. His light artificer armor was dull grey, but painted across its cuirass were many patterns in woad blue. His skin was brilliant bronze, and his his long hair framed a statuesque face. He grinned with ironic mockery and brash confidence.

Next to Aodhan stood a hunchbacked, twisted figure. Its ancient armor was caked with verdigris, covering the dull bronze beneath. From its back sprung dozens of crude devices, servo arms, sensors, even a few tanks of unknown fluid. Each arm ended in a monstrous bronze chainfists as thick as tree trunks. At the center of the mutant's great armored torso was a massive crater, reaching deep into its chest. At the bottom of that crater, where the mutant's heart once was, there sat a rusted iron relic, pulsing with ancient light.

The Warmaster waved his hand, and the hololithic display shifted to a map of the Galaxy. Shipping routes, military defensive zones, micropolitical boundries, and a thousand other statistics spread across the display, an amount of data only the minds of Primarchs could truly process all at once. "Brothers, let us begin." His voice was like cold iron and silk, seeping into the mind. "The time has come, the Oathsworn have been censured and Cadia is prepared."

"CENSURE!" cracked the bronze mutant at the far end of the table, "CURSED BE THE WORD!" His voice came as though through speakers, crackling with distortions. He slamed a massive fist against the
table, crashing a corner and causing parts of the display to flicker. That part happened to contain the ancient world of Rust, homeworld of Rubinek. Oramar was blindsided. Rubinek had been censured for technoheresy nearly a century ago. He had not known the Rusted Lord still lived. He reeled at the possible implications, and then Rubinek spoke again. "YOU SAY YOU WISH TO SLAY OUR FATHER, SO I COME FROM HIDING. NOW YOU SPEAK OF WAR AGAINST THE OATHSWORN? HAVE I BEEN SOLD FOOL'S GOLD?"

Balthasar the Red chuckled, a low hearty rumble. "Rubinek's heart may be Iron, but his balls are tin!" He roared with a single gruff laugh, and slapped princely Kashaln on the back. "He does not have the stomach for the butchery that is to come. In truth I doubt he has a stomach at all." Balthasar motioned toward the hololiths, and they focused on the Solar System. Holy Terra sat in the center, with luna twirling around it. The Red Bastard continued in his gruff tone, "Faustus will not join us no matter the cause. He must be neutralized."

The Warmaster nodded his head graciously toward Balthasar, "Our beastly brother speaks truth. The Oathsworn must be neutralized before the war begins. We shall destroy my greatest adversary and dull the blades of our enemies in all at once." He keyed in new coordinates, and the display adjusted to show the galaxy once again. "Rubinek, you must burn Tepectitlan to ash. Xun's army must be swept out from under him." Rubinek made a motion which seemed vaguely like a nod, though it was hard to tell through his hunched posture.

"Gengrat?" said the Warmaster, "Are you still confident in your plan?" Gengrat Vannevar's cold eyes turned to the Warmaster, devious plans churning within like the gears of a clock. "The voices speak clearly. If I face Saul Sheridan on Armageddon, he will join us. There can be no doubt."

"Balthasar, you will lay in wait at Octarius, setting a trap for our brother Graha'nak." Balthasar's grin widened to a snarl, and he leaned forward, "I will turn the world to a charnel house, and build statues to the God of Skulls out of the Void Lords' sons." The Warmaster gave him a quiet smile, and turned to Enoch. "You will be in charge of our greatest battlefield, brother Enoch. We will draw the most defiant to Cadia, and there we will teach them the price of disobedience." Enoch did not speak, he merely rose a gauntleted fist to pound against his chest in salute.

"Anshul, you will have the hardest task of all..." the resplendant monk opened his eyes and spoke, "I must create a ruinstorm, that our foes may not fly from the appointed battlefields. This I already know." Oramar chose that moment to reveal himself.

"And what of Terra, brother? What of our father's seat?" Oramar stepped out of the shadows and translated fully into realspace. His wyrdwhip jingled against his hip as he walked down to the table where his brothers made plans of war. "You make plans to neutralize all of our enemies, save the greatest. What of the Emperor?" The other primarchs' reactions were varied. Kashaln and Gengrat seemed confused, and Aodhan's face was one of wry amusement. Balthasar, however, showed only raw aggression and hate, "What is this foul wych doing here? Have you come to finally meet the executioner's blade, knife-ear?"

The Warmaster rose a hand to silence Balthasar. "I have kept Oramar's involvement in my plans secret, for I feared reactions such as this. He has been integral to my designs, and is personally responsible for some of you being here. You will show respect where it is due, Balthasar, and forget past grievances. No longer are we our father's sons, set to do his will. Now we fight for ourselves."

Excellent.

I think it should be known that I'm not a fan of Perpetuals. I know there's nothing truly awful about them, they just rub me the wrong way for some reason.

That said, PROMPT

If you play MtG, is there a card that suits your Primarch perfectly in terms of flavour and function?

Something about this always makes me think Aodhán is giving Rubinek a "dude, chill" look during his whole outburst.

Pretty great on the whole. One thing to note is that apart from the wavy blue stuff Aodhán's armour is pearlescent white, he's too grossly incandescent for grey. In fact, now Volrath's on my mind after bringing him up yesterday, that muscly armour he wears is almost exactly the kind of thing Aodhán would strut around in. At least, I think it is. I don't think a single full body image of that dude exists.

I don't play MtG. I want to say pre-interment Sarco was green, but no idea about afterwards.

Can you post the duel on Malphas again?

My firdt thought for klaus was
>knight exemplar
But considering his death id probably say he is more of
>knight of the holy nimbus

Raydon im not so sure about

>Aodhan a perpetual
I'll admit that I'm not the biggest fan of Perpetuals either, but I have to say it kind of works for Aodhan.
It would explain how he gets away with all that crazy shit and it occurs to me that Aodhan is probably the sort of guy who finds that mortal peril is what really makes glory work. I'm thinking his highest aspiration (deep down) is to be able to die gloriously.
As time goes on, and he falls into self-loathing, and he realizes that he's invincible, it'd take all the joy out of things. It'd be the worst thing he could have.

I think thats all possible for just a regular primarch tho. And doesn't have us using dirty dirty perpetuals.

Sure, I'll track it down when I get home.

>knight exemplar for Klaus

Literally perfect. Fluffy and useful.

Pic related fits Raydon pretty well.

Ehhhhhhhhhhh.

If people like the idea, sure, I just find Perpetuals sort of unnecessary.

Expanding on prompt.

Planeswalkers: primarch edition.

Marcus sinistrum: Dack fayden
Alexios: Ajani steadfast
Anshul: chandra of some sort.
Raydon: Arlinn Kord
Xun: dovan baan
Klaus: gideon of some sort
Aodhan: Garruk
Oramar: Jace

>Saul

I dunno about cards but here's some deck analogies for fun

Alexios: White/Blue control deck
Balthasar: Red haste-goblin deck
Oramar: some obscure combo for JUST AS KEIKAKU plays
Raydon: Red/Blue flying aggro deck
Marcus: Colorless artifact deck
Engerand: Green trample spam
Graha'nak: Colorless sliver deck
Xun: Green/white/black monster deck with buff spells and milling, a deck trying to do too many things
Sarco: Green midrange with very large beefy creatures
Klaus: White Knight tribal deck
Anders: plays Yu-Gi-Oh
Faustus: Black graveyard deck
REDACTED: black/blue control deck with lots of mill
Kashaln: Green/Black elf tribal deck
Enoch: black removal deck
Saul: green ramp-up deck
Rubinek: deck full of old cards that aren't standard-legal, gets pissed and flips a table when a judge points it out
Gengrat: totally weird idea for a deck he made up on his own
Anshul: Red/Blue spell aggro deck
Aodhan: "forget your dumb card game let's go play sports you nerds"

I feel like Saul's deck has to be more self-flagellating than that. Dredge or Suicide Black.

yeah, Saul is hard. All I know is he'd have a massive boner for clearing the board.

I think Balthasar is the more fitting Garruk, what with his thing being hunting and such. Aodhan is probably a Sorin with all that creature removal and pride going.

The Warmaster is Urza.

Gengrat a Tezzeret, Kashaln a Ob Nixilis.

White/black weenie with an extra helping of Wrath of God and Damnation.

Actually, Barren Glory.

Wizards made it too easy.

>anders plays yu-gi-oh

>Aodhan: "forget your dumb card game let's go play sports you nerds"

Kek.

I imagine he'd probably run red/black madness or black/white removal heavy.

Speaking of which, I guess his card would be pic related.

PROMPT

What do marines of the various legions, chapters and warbands use to decorate and personalize their armor?
In what way do their marines look different from those of other legions/warbands/chapters?

>What do marines of the various legions, chapters and warbands use to decorate and personalize their armor?

>Negators
Blue or red war paint. Excerpts from epics or favourite legends inscribed into their armour. Quite a few of them have particularly memorable bits from Xun's Idylls on their swords or pauldrons. Furs, scales, and bones from all manner of kills, as well as bits of tanks, walkers, etc that they've brought down.

>In what way do their marines look different from those of other legions/warbands/chapters?

Extremely bright, reflective blue eyes, often with irises that bleed into the sclera due to extensive sylphine usage. Slightly leaner and taller on average.

Second Sons are classic Vietnam marines. Skulls, Aces, Crudely drawn naked ladies. Little bits of text too. Kill tallys, momentos from fallen squad mates, as well. Also probably webbing on the shoulder pads like some helmets have, to hold ammo or other crap. The armor is probably also kitted for radiation/ bio-Chem more than others. The breathers on the helmets are more pronounced, they look a little rougher around the edges in general. Not anywhere near as clean or orderly as some others. There's a lot of personalization that goes onto a Sons armor.

Bolter Engravings: m.imgur.com/gallery/CylkY

The Marines themselves probably have a lot of diversity actually. Saul's geneseed has a less pronounced phenotype effect, and the marines are sourced from all over because the Sons recruit a lot. All different faces and colours, but bound together in brotherhood as Second Sons. They probably have mostly the same haircuts though.

Angels put gold scrollwork on their shit in the shape of angels or their chapter sigil or any of a thousand saintly icons. Oaths of moment aren't uncommon.

Bloodhounds wear trophies: fangs, claws, pelts, scalps, looted weapons, etc.

Warp Raiders are mostly marked by their xenotech. Strange, useful shit found in arcane vaults. Raiders recruited from the saltpirates of Azrimuth often have one or two wicker fetishes hanging from their armor.

Storm Hammers might have chivalric orders

Eyes of the Warmaster wear shadows like men wear cloaks

Silver Spears are probably pic related

tfw no pic

Undying Scions carve their deeds into their armor. Some of them probably have Megapanther pelts too.

The Storm Hammers should have horned helmets imo

Important question. Do the Second Sons says Hooah or Oorah?

Oh my lordy i missed. That.

That wins the thread.

Ooah. Unless they are relegated to guard duties.

Hawks dont really decorate their armour.
They do tattoo themselves with kill markers, campaign sigils, the names of their fallen comrades, and anything they deem important enough to warrant a permanant reminder.

>During the Great Crusade the Second Sons are relegated to opening doors for navy officials

I'm guessing the Knights Exemplar basically look like Space Bretonnians with heraldic stuff everywhere, maybe even little figures atop their helmets in some cases.

I'm going to chance a guess that the Iron Hearts don't even clean their armour save in the functional fiddly inside areas, let alone decorate it.

>Sky Serpents Gear
Sky Serpents bling tends to come in the form of tao-tie bronze work and Mesoamerican geometric design.

>Behemoth Guard Bling
Tends to be like darker Art Deco, with a heavy German Expressionist influence.
Some forges have a bit more of an H.R. Giger vibe, many of them are ex-Oathsworn. I'll expand on that later.

>Title involving Compromise
In the weeks that follow, both sides figure out what went wrong on Mustafar. Xun realized that until he devises a means to nullify the Blackclad, there is no way he can hope to take Aodhán in single combat.
Meanwhile, Aodhán summons forced to recognize that there is power in sorcery.

In a strange move, the Aodhán organizes negotiations with Xun via Hololith. Recognizing that challenging Aodhán will be a far more effective way to remove the enemy will to fight than engaging in a massive campaign against the Negators, Xun is willing to hear his terms.
Aodhán specifies that sorcery is to be barred, but playing to Aodhán's vanity, Xun argues that without sorcery, the resulting battle will be too brief to be worthy of glory. In order to make it a worthy challenge for a peerless swordsman, Xun suggests handicaps for Aodhán. If Xun wins, then no honor will be lost. If Aodhán wins, he will have a story worth retelling. Whether or not there was any suggestion, Aodhán accepts and takes to the field in classic tournament style in a three-round challenge.
Which I need to come up with the details of.

Honor satisfied, Aodhán returns to the Dark City for a few thousand years.

Am I the only one who thinks that even with sorcery, Aodhan would win 8/10 times?

Normally, yeah, but I'm thinking Magnus the Red fist fights a Gargant level psyker nonsense.

That and Aodhán can't beat Xun in a fair fight because if he does, he will kill him and Xun has other things scripted. Also, I think it's funnier and works better for Aodhán's development for he does have an experience where he realizes that sorcery isn't just for girls and pussies and the Blackclad his life.

But Aodhan could just beat him, be like yeah bitch, you tried your whimpy mumbo jumbo and it didnt help you.

Peace out.

And it seems less deus-ex

Well, keep in mind, the idea isn't that Xun sends him packing with sorcery, it's something he tries before reaching some sort of oddly peaceful honor duel.

I really see Aodhán as the sort to take heads, particularly after Xun straight up tells him that the whole exercise is stupid. There's got to be some factor that makes Aodhán accept compromise and I'm thinking a psychic ass-kicking, which is well within the realm of the OU fits it nicely without making Aodhán seem inept. It also gives the Blackclad a chance to be useful and helps explain how Aodhán goes from "magic is for girls" to "Hey Oramar, want to talk?"

I can also play up the risk to Xun angle, since he's channeling a shit load of power.

The problem is, Aodhan isnt going to back down from a legitimate defeat.

Either he wins (perhaps with significant difficulty) or he dies trying.

If he is losing, then its his motivation isn't appeasing some jerks, its about his personal hunt for glory and challenge.

Do whatever, but I don't see him changing his mind about psychic powers. It means that during his entire life of war he never fought against a hard decent psyker if the first time he does he is like "oh wow, maybe im wrong".

Wait, thinking about it. He fights Raydon when he is going full psychic beast mode. So there is also that.

Prompt: what is your legion up to during the !end times?
The Undying Scions are preparing a truly massive crusade force to tear through the Dark Imperium all the way to the resurgent Eldar Empire. At its head is Idrias Stern, who only sees fit to awaken when he senses that he will be sorely needed.

The Black Suns decorate their armor with robes, trinkets and small devices of unknown purposes. Additionally, the most accomplished veterans get to inscribe pentagrammic wards into their equipment, the silver linings becoming anathema to the daemon.
The Black Suns are preparing for the return of "the Herald", and attack surrounding areas indiscriminately to claim artefacts and wreak havoc.

I never got why the new version of this card has Sorin on it.

I mean, thematically, this print and the earlier one has been about affirming one's existence and justifying yourself through sheer force. The Sorin version just has him prancing around spouting some flavor text about being old.

Well, whatevs.

>Aodhan would win 8/10 times?

Could just be the 9-10.

Loads of ways you could do it.

>Xun sets traps and sorcerous stuff beforehand
>manages to surprise Aodhán and throw him in a volcano or something
>"whew, that I guess that turned out alright, I think I'll just take a breather"-
>bronze hand explodes through the side of the volcano as Aodhán starts clawing his way out
>"you know what actually I think it's time to leave."

That said, Aodhán eventually seeing the usefulness of psykers doesn't have to have a single turning point. He's had a little over ten thousand years to think about stuff, M42 Aodhán is pretty different in many ways from Heresy Aodhán. And it's not like he approves of it or would ever use it personally. He still views sorcery as, in most practitioners' hands, an easymodo path to power that involves subservience to the Warp.

>Crawling out of a volcano
That is some Jojo's level shit

You sure we don't want to imply that he's a perpetual?

Nah, he's just got mad fire resistance by M33.

In fact, by that point, he's had his duel with Raydon on top of the Answerer, so roughly half his body is covered by burnscar-shaped discolorations where Raydon cut open a plasma conduit in his face. Except rather than being horrible scar tissue, his flesh in that area has just transformed into some burnished bronze looking material.

I see the Judgement Bringers often having single-spiked helmets, epaulette-like decorations on their shoulder pads and brass buttons in places.

Or Avatarification. Either way, I'm thinking Xun basically goes lol sorcery hack, as in animate an entire Hellscape into a hueg stompy fire giant of doom. Or maybe Aodhán calls him a snake and Xun sees how snake like he can be. Either way, it looks like the guys who made God of War doing a Shadow of the Colossus sequel.
Unfortunately, Aodhán is basically fireproof at this point and Xun barely manages to impale him on Widowmaker. Then the Blackclad show up and Aodhán does something, maybe pull his sword out.

Then they meet up for round 3, which is a "fair fight" and Aodhán gets everything he wanted.

bump

Meanwhile, the Behemoth Guard fighting the Oathsworn post-heresy.
I'm thinking this takes place during a crusade. Do we have any where the Behemoth Guard are particularly active?

I'm imagining the fleshcrafters of the legion get together and going on a rampage. Perhaps this happens during the Behemoth Guard offensive during the Beast War.

So first up, the Behemoth Guard fleshcrafters.
They date back to the Heresy and tie into the Oathsworn legion.

The Oathsworn had a wide range of allowed research, but some activities skirted the bounds of toleration. As the crusade went on, the Behemoth Guard and Second Sons became dumping grounds for the less stable members of the Oathsworn legion, often becoming quite loyal to their new patrons.
In the Behemoth Guard, where the Cult of Unbound Spirit preached that the scientist need not fear petty morality, many Oathsworn found a place to thrive. Integrated into the legion structure, the Forge of Rapture became a center for such research in the years following the Heresy. The forces of Rapture pursued the myriad strange facets of fleshcrafting, even studying under the Haemonculi of Commoragh.

Personally I think the best way to do the fight on Coolname is to have Xun prepare a bunch of spells woven into planet that turn it against Aodhan.

So they fight, with Xun manipulating the landscape and lava flows against his foe, until he manages to dunk Aodhan in a volcano. Thinking the deed is done, he starts releasing his hold on Coolname, but before he's fully disconnected he feels the earth lurch as Aodhan starts tearing his way up through the mantle.

So with his juice running out he just goes "Nope, NOPE, time to make myself scarce" and gets off the planet before Aodhan can get free.

PROMPT:

Were any Primarchs that absolutely could not be around one another even before the Heresy, because one or both had utterly poisoned all relations between them? A Russ/Lion sorta situation?

If so, what did the say/do to cause this? Did this change if they ended up on the same side of the Heresy, and why?

Not really an answer to the prompt, but I don't think the Lion and the Wolf thought that lowly of eachother. They were two very different men, but their beef was more of a brotherly rivalry. That's how I remember it anyway.

>Aodhán, to Alexios

I feel like Saul would lose his shit about something like this. If one of his brothers refused to work with him, or with someone he was working with, he would probably go absolutely ballistic at them. This isn't a fucking party, this is galactic scale war and everyone is expected to set aside their morals and personal feelings to fucking get shit done.

This sounds like the basis for a good story where Saul, Kashaln and Anders have to work together.

Kashaln and Anders fucking despised one another. Their worldviews simply couldn't be reconciled, with Kashaln hating the way Anders lionizes the defense of the weak (and being really salty about losing a duel once), whereas Anders cannot abide by the uncaring brutality of the Silver Spears. I don't know how bad their feud got before the Heresy, but it seems like they were barely able to be in a room together.

That seems decent except it just seems kinda Aodhán wanky and I really want to work the Blackclad into it.

The idea here is roughly

>Dudes from Rapture go make trouble behind Imperial lines. They launch plague ships and have biocrafted horrors to make interstellar commerce into Aliens. Or better yet, zombie virus type stuff. Then they strike with all sorts of insane weapons beasts.

The Oathsworn get together 'hey, that sort of shit is our gimmick' and there's then a set of a few distinct campaigns.

>Oathsworn off screen race to cure the plagues, but that's not too much fun to watch

>Oathsworn burn and purge to decontaminate every trace of disease and bio-abomination, likely with incendiary shotguns, flamers, and radiation weapons.

>Oathsworn take the fight directly to the Behemoth Guard and we get a miniature monster mash, as a costal hive city gets turned into the set of a Kaiju film.

Gengrat and Enoch, I think loathed each other. I'm still working on a heresy Era campaign that triggered it, but essentially it comes down to vastly different philosophies. Enoch is too needy for Gengrat's taste and Gengrat has no patience for anyone who isn't striving and creating. He's got a lot of Ayn Rand to him and sees Enoch as a leech.
Enoch just wants a little respect and would be willing to ignore someone being a dick to him, but Gengrat makes it personal, in part because he wants to make Enoch snap because he thinks that when Enoch finally let's it all out, it'll be hilarious.
Similar to what he does to Saul, actually.

>That seems decent except it just seems kinda Aodhán wanky and I really want to work the Blackclad into it.

Yeah, if we go with Aodhán getting literally swallowed by the planet, it should take him hours and hours to claw his way to the surface. Curze dig his way up from somewhere in Nostromo's mantle when he landed but it took him days. Xun should probably leave assuming victory if that happens.

Seems like a story where Cyrus Dumah's younger, kinder self might make an appearance, as a side character. The focus should be on the Primarchs, obviously, but it would be a good opportunity to bring up what he was like before the Tyrant Star happened to him.

I'm not sure if Sarco dialiked any of his brothers specifically, but I want to say that Rubinek loathed him for some reason. Maybe the Scions are sent to bring him in after the Iron Judgement?