Imperial Knight Armies

>tfw Imperial Knight armies will never be accepted
I just like the idea of 2-3 Giant Robots just stomping around everywhere, wrecking things, and having a good time.

Pic related, my favorite Knight. It's also the worst knight. Unfortunately.

Other urls found in this thread:

forgeworld.co.uk/resources/PDF/Datasheets/Magaera.pdf
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

How is its gun compared to the Styrix?

S7 AP3 5" Blast Rending Shred for 395 points.

The Claw is a 25 point upgrade.

>Rules
forgeworld.co.uk/resources/PDF/Datasheets/Magaera.pdf

>The Claw is a 25 point upgrade.

Worth?

I don't really think so. I mean, you get an Assault 1 Rad-Phage S2 AP5 Fleshbane Template with it as well. The Claw itself only adds Wrecker, which does extra for fighting Fortifications.

The Knight itself is I2. But it does have Blessed Autosimulacra, so IWND without being IWND.

So why is it your favorite?

Because it looks cool.

And Lightning Cannons sounds like a really cool idea. It's a cannon that shoots disintegrating lightning storms!

Plus it has a non-Gets Hot Salvo 2/3 S6 AP3 Plasma weapon, and the claw has what is basically a Rad-Flamer!

This knight runs off of Rule of Cool, but unfortunately, that doesn't work very well on the tabletop compared to other Knights.

Then run it. 40k and indeed all wargaming runs off normal, non-competitive games with cool models doing cool shit. As for the all knight army, why don't you try explaining to your group and only bringing it to games pre-anounced?

You've got a good point. And you're right! Besides, at least it will wreck GEQ.

I actually only have the 30k Knight army list, I dunno how it stacks up to the 40k one.

I would actually love to fight someone with only Knights. I play CSM and it would be cool to try to somehow manage to topple three of those things when my best anti-tank unit is a fucking Annihilator.

Khârn can actually wreck Knights pretty easy, iirc. One of the few times the fluff matches the crunch on the tabletop.

I could write up a list if you want? What points value do you usually play at?

>a good time

I don't think I would have a good time playing that so, no thanks.

If you warn your opponent beforehand, so they dont turn up with flamers and shit, you'll be fine

It takes a bit of effort to be worse than the Gallant, but somehow the Maegara manages it.
That said, I find that knight armies are fairly accepted by now, since most people are in general aware of the households' numerous weaknesses.
It's just that we will always be fairly terrible.

>I just like the idea of 2-3 Giant Robots just stomping around everywhere, wrecking things, and having a good time.
kys please.

>Imperial Knights
>Wrecking anything

The only way Knights kill anything is when they blow up.

If he somehow manages to catch one (unlikely), he'll wreck any knight that isn't a Lancer-Baron. But he'll probably only do it once, since the destroyed knight will go nuclear and wallop Kharn off the table most of the time.

Why are Knights so bad?

Just give it a Bio-titan to dice with and call it done already.

As an army? They are very binary. Either your opponent is prepared for them, or he isn't. If he is, your knights are toast or will spend all day in a tarpit they cannot deal with. If he isn't, your knights will run roughshod all over his army.

Just warn your opponents beforehand (only fair, they can see/hear the knights coming) and maybe don't play on a parking lot

Huh, that thing actually does manage to be pretty bad, looking at it's stats.

Like, wow.

I think Knight versus Knight battles would be cool, but I don't know about anything else. As others have said, Knights are usually a two-way army. They'll either do good, or do bad.

I wish Forge World would do a separate AdMech-style armor kit for the regular knights, rather than just their super-special ones. House Raven is from Metalica, it ought to look like it.

That would be cool.

Why not email them then?

Because Forge World does whatever Forge World does and a form letter thanking me for my feedback is a waste of my time and theirs.