5e Volo playable races leaked

Kobolds are FUCKING CONFIRMED

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=LuKzt7p-MnM
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

All right, everyone here's the challenge. Make the most bullshit party dynamic that could technically work together.

Elf and Orc group? Deep gnomes and Drow? Tiefling Paladins and Rogue Aasimar?

We have almost a whole rainbow of bullshit hijinks here.

>Goblins
>Hobgoblins
>Bugbears
Happy day happy day

>No Gnolls
GODS BE PRAISED!

No sane DM will allow anything other than Aasimar, goliath, and possibly lizardfolk. What's the point of making meme races like Tabaxi and Triton playable?

Because insane DMs exist.

>not allowing Goblin/Bugbear/Hobgoblin parties
Goblinoids Stronk!

Also whether these are appropriate choices depend entirely on setting. In some Orcs and Humans do live alongside one another to a greater or lesser extent.

Also
>not allowing kobolds

>Not allowing Kenku
Shit taste, famalam

>No sane DM will allow anything other than Aasimar, goliath, and possibly lizardfolk.

I think most GM's are okay with "Orc."

In all fairness I'd allow Kenku if they could actually speak instead of mimic and I trusted the player, but ever since the wheelchair monk incident I'm not allowing that kind of thing at my table.

>Wheelchair Monk Incident
Story time?

>What are evil campaigns?
>Need to advance to the top in Hob/Yuan-ti/Orc society by using strength, political wit, and coin
>Need to usurp the throne from the more powerful Hob/Lizardman that runs their horde/clan in a goblin/kobold campaign
>Need to see for how long your WAAAGH can last until taken down by the combined armies of man in an Orc campaign

The possibilities go on and on you unimaginative faget.

>I think most GM's are okay with "Orc."

Let's be fair, most pure-blooded Orcs are evil by nature in most settings. Especially this one. Any town, village, and city would see them dead unless they were the slave of a party member, and even then they would be under extreme scrutiny and thrown out of town, at best, at the first scent of trouble.

>This and Tome of Beasts all in the same month

Gods be praised

Tome of Beasts came out months ago.

Print version doesn't ship in the UK till November 8th vOv

Well, basically one of the newer players decided to play a monk who was part of a rather cultish order who viewed intentional mutilation of the body and endurance of pain as the ultimate symbol of devoutness and the key to attaining one with spirit by neglecting body which would paradoxically grant them unimaginable control over body. It sounded cool at the time and honestly, if someone came to me with the same idea, I'd okay it and let them play.

I figured he would play it as a tankish character who would relish in the blows of the enemy, not screaming out in agony from mighty blows the foes deliver and instead responding with delight. I was wrong. The first session he throws himself off of a cliff and paralyzes himself from the waist down, while a rock also causes some brain damage rendering him unable to speak. After paying what little funds he had available to a local sympathetic carpenter to put together for him a wheelchair, he proceeds to never once speak again instead only banging on his wheelchair (the table at first) in an attempt to convey communication with the rest of the party. It was fairly amusing, he even went so far as to wear a gag over his mouth to further signal that he embraced the new life that he chose for himself.

The next session he showed up with a wheelchair to the gaming table. Had to move some furniture out of the way to squeeze him in but whatever, I was thrilled he was taking his character so seriously. Mostly, since he wasn't the face of the party and more of a "what happened to that guy?" he never really came across any relevant information and instead took to using walls and tree branches to his advantage to lift himself up by his arms and swing his strapped in crippled legs to his sturdy wheelchair to batter down foes.

continued

Eventually the time came when he was relaxing at a local adventuring guild away from the party, and he overheard some rumours of giants in the nearby area; close but not close enough to pose an immediate threat, he didn't think much of it; the party would just avoid that area. But as always things happen, and one of the other PCs decides to take a shortcut. The monk while flailing on his wheelchair at the table desperately trying to convey that the area was a deathtrap to the rest of the party, doesn't succeed and no one understands a thing he's trying to say and instead mistakes that form of flailing for the usual religious type of rhythm mantra he's known for, banging away on the wooden chair

Everyone fails a perception check to notice the giants and 6 rounds of combat later, not a one of the PCs is alive to tell the tale.

Mutes haven't been allowed since.

So let me get this straight.

Gnolls got tossed because they're "Too Demonic", yet fucking Yuan-Ti are in, with their sadistic, narcsssistic, egotistical, cold-blooded Chronic Backstabbing Disorder?

Wtf?

Gnoll are literally 1 step above being wild animals. Yuan-Ti are at least intelligent and capable of forming a real society, even if it is an evil snake-cult based society.

The exact same could be said of Kenku and Kobolds. It's a really fucking weird call and it annoys me. Hopefully they'll officially do Gnolls someday. Until then, homebrew it is...

Okay, Kenku and Kobolds are actually popular though. 20 years of gaming now and the only times I've ever seen gnoll at the table were either abject furfaggotry, or as a vermin scourge to be eradicated en masse.

Gnolls are retarded. Literally. They are barely any better than animals.
Also yuan-Ti pureblood ladies are kinda hot.

I kind of want to do an evil campaign now, just because of this book. And then make it all over the top, with everybody playing a comical henchman stereotype.

youtube.com/watch?v=LuKzt7p-MnM

ye

>Let's be fair, most pure-blooded Orcs are evil by nature in most settings.
Evil party, say they are hired muscle for the party in order to get locals to leave them alone.
>Especially this one. Any town, village, and city would see them dead unless
Even in a setting where everyone hated Orcs (which is stupid because people still traded with Vikings and Turks despite them raiding all over the place) cities probably wouldn't have any real negative experiences and just know them as some savages.

Give an orc some proper clothes and have them talk to people normally and you'd likely end up with everybody assuming they're a half-orc anyways.

>Orcs are evil by nature in most settings.
Here's a cure to that: a phrase "Always Evil? That's bullshit" from your GM

Yuan-ti Pureblood

Designes came to conclusion that vore is more important than pseudopenis.

Kobolds hooray!

>Not allowing Yuan-Ti
It's like you don't want to serve the glorious empire of the serpent

That's a beautiful disaster story, user.

But seriously, I don't see why that should impact your feelings on Kenku. They can imitate sounds they hear including speech.

>no official statblock for Warforged yet
why
I just want official rules so that I don't have to deal with DMs shitting on the Unearthed Arcana rules and adding bullshit restrictions

>Tabaxi

Goddamnit.

Because Volo is a Realms character. You'll get your Warforged in 2019 when we get the Khorvaire Adventurer's Guide.

>2019
aargh
Thanks for the infos, though. At least Aasimars have been statted

I kind of wish they'd figure out that a large enough portion of their audience will never buy a god damn thing if all they're going to do is publish shitty Forgotten Realms books. We'll pay out the nose for Eberron, though.

Could be fun.