What do Sisters of Battle wear when not in combat?

What do Sisters of Battle wear outside of combat?

I'm trying to design some character but lacking some material for reference. I went ahead and design something based on the power armor, but made with softer materials.

I would love to get more information regarding this.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=XUhVCoTsBaM
67.media.tumblr.com/5fffe58110adba58eed2dc2a701122b7/tumblr_mviavtgBHr1ryuxh4o7_1280.jpg
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Oh sweet I didn't know he had drawn more stuff recently

Serving as baby carriers. Or fiddling around with (molesting) young boys.

Nice misdirection, knife-eared scum

YOU FUCK YOUNG BOYS, VALDEZ?

probably habits

I assumed that underneath the power corset, they wear a regular corset. How else are they going to fit into that one-size-fits-all Power Armour?

Side-tie bikinis

monastic flak robes.
Hell if I remember where I've read that, though.
Blood of Martyrs for the Dark Heresy rpg has something similar called shield robes, that is worn by all Sororitas, including the non-militant orders, when not in power or carapace armor.

Ora et labora.

They were cute polka-dotted pajamas and drink hot cocoa

PLUMP RUMP
L
U
M
P

R
U
M
P

Robes
Frilly dresses

Scratchy burlap.

Looks good. I like the fact that it keeps the armor's robes.
I'd add a chaplet ecclesiasticus around the neck or waist, they're supposed to wear it all the time.
Also, most christian monastic orders wear some kind of hat: cowls with hoods, guimpes, cornettes, mantilles... any kind of veil will do. IIRC it symbolizes the mystic union with god. The brides of the Emperor would probably have something similar (A canoness in the 2nd edition codex had a guimpe)

Add some purity seals and order iconography if you want something fancy, too.
But it depends on how you see the sisters; some RL mendicant orders wore tattered rage that were worn by a long line of previous monks, while some others had more elaborate robes.

Pic related.

Nothing

Don't make me post the story associated with that image. I'm tempted to.

OK jokes aside. Maybe Sororitas actually do the same thing priests would do when conducting masses?

I firmly believe Sisters of Battle, despite their name sake. Also conduct masses in churches, do sermons and or even recite and sing in choirs along with the choir boys.

And sadly I think so too; tubby priests don't fiddle with young clergy boys, its the the SoBs that do the pedo fiddling.

You. I like you.

do it faggot I'm recording

Scrolling down I wasn't expecting this. You actually made orange juice come out of my nose a little. Kudos.

>I firmly believe Sisters of Battle, despite their name sake. Also conduct masses in churches, do sermons and or even recite and sing in choirs along with the choir boys.

You would be right, they do do that.

I don't know what you mean by "recording it".

But fine, here's the heretical story involved with that borderline /ss/ pic of eldar babes with a human boy.

I thought you were going to post Chris Orkzon, the ork paladin

Added them waist danglies.

me too and now i'm dissapointed

fuck you we want Chris Orkzon

Man that story sucked.

I'm not going back. Nobody can make me go back. I'll bite into a cyanide molar before I go back.

Posting what I got

JFC, OK all you people just had to do was say please and thank you.

fuck you steve

Well somewhat like said.

Would it not be too far fetched that sororitas would also serve as "baby carriers?" As in they'd have sex with a "worthy" man, or any guy they so happen to fall in love or fancy with so that they can get knocked up and give birth to another human being to serve as a new body for the imperium. Right?

Thank you and fuck you steve

It is, because they are the brides of the emperor you fucking degenerate.

Why does she look so sad

Yes, it would be far fetched fetishy bullshit.

If any Sororitas would do such shit, she would be flayed alive and her skin used for books. They are the Daughters of the Emperor, not his traitorous Slaaneshi whores.

No, it wouldnt, because they are specifically the milltary branch of the Echlessiarchy. They are first, and foremost, soldiers. And Soldiers cant preform their duty of genociding heretical populations if they are pregnant.

Let me make it clear; The SoB are by and far the most indoctrinated army in the imperium. If they get told to literaly create auschwitz style murder camps, they'd do it without a second thought. And, most likely, SoB get their tubes tied during training, so as to ensure they have no loyalty but to the Emperor and the Echlessiarchy.

Not if scenarios, stories, fanfics and convoluted plots come in and help.

She isn't fighting for the Emperor.

yeah, fetishy fat fetched bullshit

kill yourself.

Well I guess its time to post space nun pics too.

>inb4 'that same face artist'

Go purge yourself, you fucker

Who the hell is Steve? What's this new meme?

Also I did not hear a THANK YOU.

Here's what I got so far.

Strange choice of affixture, but noice.
Thank you for Bolter to Kokoro, btw, I enjoy it.

Not after the reign of blood, where they indeed served as concubines. Nowadays it's sisters, not daughters or brides.

Anyways, if a sister gets pregnant, she's out of combat duty for something like 2 months (assuming the imperium doesn't need half a dozen forms in triplicate in order to take prenatal leave) and the schola progenium gets a new recruit. I don't see the problem.
The rare 40k fluff about sisters and relationships points to the existence of fornication, afaik.
Not all religions impose celibate, and even catholic nuns getting knocked off isn't unheard of.

I imagine habits, drill/exercise uniforms, etc.

you are fucking retarded.

Brides of the emperor is literally what they were called, they were never concubines. And nowdays it is daughters.

>Not after the reign of blood, where they indeed served as concubines.
Pretty sure Goge Vandire was too busy for any of that, considering his final words

Not all chapters practice celebacy though.

Orders, not chapters

Who cares?

kill yourself.

>implying he wasn't initiating the new recruits midway through astropathic meetings
>implying the sobs and yelps of pre-teen girls submitting faithfully to his merciless thrusts were not a common background noise among his generals
>implying he wasn't too focused spit-roasting an urchin to notice the bolter squared on his temple

I may have expressed myself badly:
They were concubines during the reign of blood (as well as a ton of schola recruits), for Vandire's use and to reward his lieutenants.
After his death, they ceased to be concubines.

Not an argument

Nothing says they served other than Vandire, and everything we know about the guy says he was mostly into his paperwork. "Companions" doesn't mean what you think it does, unless you're also saying the Emperor fucked the Custodians

wasn't meant to be

>other, more exotic skills

I'm sure that's just referring to filing papers.

The custodians weren't described as dancing girls with exotic skills either. Read between the lines.

They're nuns. Literally. They would wear habits.

Why would they ever not be in battle?

>unless you're also saying the Emperor fucked the Custodians
>implying he didn't

Armor maintenance perhaps. Or recovering from some injury away from the frontlines?

This isn't about celibacy, this is about being whores. Also, not very productive whores. Either they are full-time baby makers, or full-time bolter bitches. Any other way would be a waste of time and resources. Also, there are enough recruits for the schola progenium as it is, all things considered.

When theyre being transported from one theatre to another.

They also pretty much walk around in robes when theyre in their monasteries for whatever reason.

All sororitas aren't combattant personel.

I would also remind op of this but to his credit he did say battle sisters instead of adepta sororitas.

Fair enought.

>fucking a man you're in love with
>whore
Calm down

No, we were talking about
>As in they'd have sex with a "worthy" man,

>having sex with heroes of the Imperium
>whore
Heretic be gone

>/r9k/
Go back to your hole.

But I don't want to back! Please!

Then act like a Citizen, not a robot.

Alright, alright! Stop slapping me already.

>tfw want to play sword&board daemon smiting sister
>every dh group only plays during the week

Is it time for gamefinder?

>the Emperor fucked the Custodians
youtube.com/watch?v=XUhVCoTsBaM

SoB make me think of Warhammer Online Warrior Priests, who in the game could also be females.
the armour the Warrior Priests had in the game could maybe almost pass for WH40K setup.

67.media.tumblr.com/5fffe58110adba58eed2dc2a701122b7/tumblr_mviavtgBHr1ryuxh4o7_1280.jpg
(male gender being more canonical, game allowing both)

Used to play WAR, but haven't touched Return of Reckoning in ages.

I'm pretty sure Space Marines are more indoctrinated. Do SoB even have that hypno-doctrination thing going?

No, that guy is full of shit

I think they'd just wear robes, though you could have fun theming the clothing based off of their homeworld or where-ever they find themselves stationed, perhaps a dress uniform.

Part of me thinks they'd want to wear something not so loose and airy though - that way they can do physical exercise or penance without ruining their clothing, or quickly ready themselves for battle in an emergency. It might be yoga pants, or something as simple and widespread as some sort of military uniform, perhaps with a surcoat tossed over it.

>Fo Porter as a SoB

HGGNNNNN

>What do Sisters of Battle wear outside of combat?

What's a hair-shirt?

A shirt made of really coarse animal hair or cloth, meant to be uncomfortable to wear. Easy enough to learn on a google search.

Here's a quick pic with all the sisters without powered armor, or with unconventional headgear that I've found. (rpg not included).

Praying, training and attending religious ceremonies. Also bathing. And self-flagellation in power armor tends t be ineffective.
Every imperial sacred place, from cathedrals to small shrines, is supposed to have at least one SoB attendant. Of course it's because GW cannot into numbers again, but there must be some places with sisters maintaining the place. It's gnot gonna be easy if they're constantly in armor.

>Sororitas doing sexy paperwork filling
I'm sure there is a ton of adepts with that exact fetish in 40k.

IIRC SM hypno-conditioning is mainly here to make the additional organs work and insert additional technical knowledge (Minotaurs aside).
I'd say the most indoctrinated sub-faction is the one where the people are so self-righteous that they will miracles into existence, and where the leftovers from the not!hitlerjugend training school can become commissars or assassins.
At least Astartes had a childhood outside of the chapter.

well i mean they're fans of the whole loincloth/boob armour thing so

either this or booty shorts and crop tops

>"exotic skills"

>What do Sisters of Battle wear outside of combat?

fixed

hmm, I have an issue with the sleeves and robes.
They're supposed to be unbuttoned when the sister is in armor for ease of movement.
Instead you gave her short large sleeves and another robe under the opened one. It would be more logical to button up everything.

Nice pic nonetheless.

Dude, do you want a promotion?

It's a good pic, sure, but it's too lewd for a blue board. Take this one instead.

I always lose it when I look at this servoskull.

Could be like the robes of the Penitent Engine?

That's pretty much what I went with whoever I thought about it.

iirc WHFB also had sisters of sigmar.

I don't see a reason why.
It's an inquisitorial sigil, not a symbol of the ecclesiarchy. She's probably sent as a gift by some Inquisitor.

Thinking of penitent engines, I realize that we haven't got new units since the Witch Hunter codex during 3rd edition. It hurts.