Hey Veeky Forums open some packs with me

So I just received 10 Italian Tenth Edition packs in the mail, and I figure who better to share what is destined to be a crushing blow that leads into crippling depression with my Veeky Forums friends.

Open up those green ladies

Open the ones on the left so you have 2 of each.

Woop woop time for cards.

First pack actually not terrible. Twincast, Whispersilk Cloak, Overrun are the notables I think. Could be better, but not bad.

Opening the one there was 3 of first, but saving the one by itself for last.

Dam i gotta get me some of those swamps.

Crucible is the most valuable thing in the set, right?

That was an invention in kaladesh i assume that would drive the cost down

>masterpieces
>driving the price down of anything

God dam i hate the secondary market.

That doesent make sense supply goes up but demand stays the same how does the price increase.

Pack two, nothing really of note here I don't think. Actually don't recognize the rare, if anybody knows what it is off hand. Foil Plains, though.

No, demand goes up too. Everyone sees the new shinies and wants one for themselves.

Ah yeah that makes sense i guess

>Green ladies
>Ladies

Poor cloud spirit worse in every way then faerie miscreant.

Is this your rare?

It's Rootwater Matriarch. T: Gain control of target creature for as long as that creature is enchanted.

FUCK YES THREE PACKS IN AND MOTHERFUCKING CRUCIBLE FUCK YES

gz

Nice

I guess my mention of Crucible made it real.
Nice job user.

Quick, start talking about Seedborn Muse!

Also, next pack because even though I'm not going to top it I might as well finish. First of the slimes, Evacuation for the rare, not too shabby.

Whats that land do.

Another pretty decent one. Underground River and a foil Rule of Law, which is a card I love because I'm a bad person, and also is ~$4. Also just traded my non-foil one away for some stuff I needed, so score.

It's a mono-color manland I think. Turns into a 1/5 for 1W. Can't remember the name, though.

First of the green ladies. Rare is Troll Ascetic, I think Chromatic Star is the most value card in the pack, which actually isn't terrible.

There were times when the troll was a money rare. Dark, ancient and terrible times they were.

Second green lady got me a Karplusan Forest, Steel Golem, Whispersilk Cloak, Holy Day, and a Horseshoe Crab which is only notable because I just bought one like, the day before yesterday. It was like 20 cents but still annoying.

Approaching the end here, first soldier and, unless I'm oblivious to something here, literally nothing of note. The worst pack yet, I think.

You got Quirion Dryad, though!
Green Lady out of a non-Green Lady pack!
That's...something...right?

Second soldier pack also trash, rare is Molimo Maro Sorcerer.

Well now you have 2 you can have 4 in a deck.

Well unless your playing comander i guess and judging by eariler comments i get the feeling that is the case.

And finally the lone dargon pack, actually not bad. Lord of the Undead is an awesome card, and one I had hoped to open, so that's a thing.

Congratulations on your lord of the undead user.

So final tally, value is right around $100 for just the rares, foils and really value uncommons. Not bad at all for an investment of ~$50. I would have liked to have opened a Seedborn, but I got the Crucible which is what I was mostly after and I'm definitely not going to complain considering how well I did.

Wait why ~50$ surely you know exactly how much it cost you.

Italians Edition
>busta/bustina (f)
>carta (f)
>magic l'adunanza (f)
>decima edizione (f)
I assume user that was right

It was in Euros and didn't feel like exchanging it. Was actually $38, less than I thought.

Lottery bullshit products like Expeditions/Inventions do not effect the supply in any meaningful way. They were never meant to. They are simply a way for WotC to cash in on suckers. A friend of mine bought two fatpacks "hoping to open an Invention".

It takes an actual release to drive down prices, and even then, it has to be at rare or lower for it to actually make any kind of dent in the price. Speaking of which, I really ought to go buy up those conspiracy2 reprints soon before they bounce back up.

So as someone who doesn't play magic am I reading it wrong or are the masterpiece cards essential "extra foil" the descriptions says reprint of cards that exist as normal borders so is it just because they are pretty that people want them?

Essentially* fuck mobile

>so is it just because they are pretty that people want them?
Yes. When you've seen every art of Sol Ring a hundred times, it's neat to see a new "super rare" one.

It's also largely cards that see a lot of play and haven't been reprinted in a long time. The Crucible of Worlds is a great example.

Just passing by, but nice Crucible pull OP.

I get my jollies off of Life from the Loam and cycling lands, but I'd really like to amp up my raw land reclamation with a Crucible myself if not for the price tag involved (spamming wastelands and similar is fun).