We're currently working on Expansion 3

Dragovember Edition

Here's the current worklog:
| Expac 3 |
-Princesses
-Header (1st Draft)
-Intro
-Loose Details

Discussion of the Towergirls CYOA, RPG, Setting, or Video Games welcome here!

Everyone welcome.

FAQ:
Q - What is Towergirls?
A Veeky Forums creation. Read more here.
1d4chan.org/wiki/Tower_Girls

Q - How do I play?
A - It's a CYOA, there are no established mechanics for the rescue. All the pages to the game are in the imgur album linked in resources.

Q - Why aren't/are we we working on; Fan Gen III/Knights/combat mechanics/etc.
A - We recognize that spreading out our efforts is part of what originally killed the project after Gats left. Accordingly, we're focusing on just one thing at a time and finishing them out.

Q - Hey, can we make a princess about X fetish?
A - It generally comes down to what people like. Propose the idea and see if others want it.

Q - Is there a map/unified setting?
A - Nope. Though proposals have been made, nothing concrete has been created.

Q - Can I post fanart/fanfiction here?
A - Go right on ahead. Just make sure it's within the global rules.

Resources:
Imgur Album - imgur.com/a/maXHJ
Tower Girls infinity Chan Board - https:// infinity ch.net/twgrl
Booru - tower-girls.booru.org/
Brushes, Fonts, and Templates - pastebin.com/0uCbMGx6

Games:
Subtitle Pending - towergirls.boards.net/
Kingdom Conquest - towerkc.blogspot.ca/

Quests: Gats and Eversor respectively
towergirlsquest.tumblr.com/
towergirlschivalryedition.tumblr.com/

Contact Project Lead: [email protected]

Old Thread: boards.Veeky Forums.org/tg/thread/49998702#bottom

Other urls found in this thread:

docs.google.com/document/d/1Ojhro2YchQjpkiWJdYnrkGAG7nFyctcOiM-5buf41lE/edit?usp=sharing
picarto.tv/Eversor
1d4chan.org/wiki/Towergirls
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Snoot!

desu I always thought muzzles that are only the nose or in the middle of the face look wrong. To look right they'd have to be the jaw too.

Snoot~

the most loyal waifu to ever exist

I wonder how much you could push in the muzzle until their skull cracks, haha

the fuk

Why?

would she cry when you do it
just curious haha

So, here i am again, with the Alternative Rules.

(hope i got the tripcode right for letting you know that it's actually me who is posting here, lol)

So as i said in the previous thread i've tried to write down something simple for everything, mantaining the sense of the princesses charts.
For the knights, i think i will probably do something to use with those rules, but also there will be enemies/rivals/bosses based on this ruleset

Whose waifu?

its Freya Crescent from final fantasy

I was wondering who she was the waifu of if she's super loyal.

oh theres another burmecian in the game she loved, and basically her entire journey with the party is to find him again despite them having not seen each other for a long ass time

turns out in the end he forgot about her, and it hits super hard since her story is one of the only super sad ones in the game

And there's no indication he ever regains those memories of her. She stays anyway.

Oh hey, that's a really good system so far. Do you mind if i take a few things from it? Mostly just the +1's to rolls if doing something they like, i was never able to think of a way to incorporate it. If not, it's fine, i'll try to think of another way to do it.

Sure. Those rules are just the basic. the next step is to actually do the Knight Creation and try to create some monsters, improved monsters and bosses. also some enemies who use Libbido-based skills/attacks, like a succubus or similar.

Plus items and stuff.

The system i have in mind allows the player to customize his knight instead to just pick one and nothing else.

For example: based on wich kind of princess the knight rescuse, he can try to find certain masters to learn different skills.

ie: any stealth/criminal princess allows to learn the Disable traps skill that uses Mind to unarm traps instead to dodge them

If you want that to look better, the 04_16b should be in all caps. You'll notice princess names and Rules titles on the main sheets are.

Fixing all the typos would also help.

Ok

Yeah, english isn't my first language so sorry for typos XD

Oh that's a really good system! Mine's just fairly simplistic and free-form while using the cards as a basis with rules set for a large majority of buildings, cards, ect. Good on you dude!

What is it Guts?

A snoot primed for booping.

WHY MUST YOU SO VIGOROUSLY SHIV MY HEART WITH THESE FEELINGS, SOR? WHY?
You scare me user.
Hio again Vel & Multi. I've been wondering, have you two considered sharing your ideas with Jackal?
Someone's been on the RT forums, haven't they?

sorry i took fucking forever to reply and even the thread died.
Anyway, i liked the quest bosses on last thread. maybe being a harder reward like in pic related would work nicely

The greatest blacksmith in all the land!

How does she forge things as a giant birb monster you may ask? Fuk you thats how!

Eversor knocks it outta the park again!

10/10, would return to the Sandy Crevice of Fuck You just to buy Boss Weapons from.

Rate my build, user.

Then, say my name.

Arcane is a bad influence.

You know, looking at it? Yeah. It was pretty much all having a bunch of kids to get rich until the CIA brought arcane princess to the ghettos and this whole drug thing started...

You know, sometimes I imagine this thread is like that Cookie Clicker game. Except instead of making cookies, you all are optimizing the ways to fill the universe with babies.

Gotta get an army somehow. Besides, when there's tons of infighting to be next for the throne, you usually don't have to worry about usurpers as often. Gives you more time to knock up your princesses and push drugs.

>Optimizing
More like varietizing.

I mean, it IS the spice of life.

Working on writeups for mysteries. These writeups will detail the mechanical uses for mysteries, as well as starting rituals and powers for characters who take those mysteries.

Sounds almost like Jojo

Ghostly Arts + Stand Off (use attacks and powers as if occupying a space adjacent to your actual position) is made with Jojo in mind, yeah.

There's also these.

Here it comes the v.0.2 with also the grammar corrections, huzzah.

I've decided to make combat a little different since at the beginning you hit/defend almost everything with a 5+ so that would probably result in a quick defeat in the first room (so Hardcore!).

Now is based on your stat vs enemy stats, so you always hit/defend with a 5+, 4+ or 3+.

Skills/spells/items will modify those rolls.

Created also a generic list of weapons
A very simple list of armor plus skimpy clothes/armors for those who likes them.

Also, during character creation you can choose the sex of your character. so far does nothing, but since this is supposed to be a lewd game, you can figure what it means.

Female characters are called Shield Maidens since Knights are only males EXCEPT for the good ol' Knight Princess.

Sure, why not. so far i just write the rules and then anyone can make suggestion or ask for conversion/additional stuff and so on

ah don't worry, take your time!
Bosses will obviously unlock interesting rewards.
But first the basic rules and then the cool stuff!

To this day I'm still waiting on that goblin x sir knight story

Gorgeous view, try behind

Horse but hole

Yep. I'm still here too.
And I still haven't started on it.

Here a quick sketch for the Cover of the PDF document i've been writing.

v0.3 will come soon or later.

Does anyone have any suggestion? Like skills etc. So far no spells since those are the last thing to add.

Looks totally Safe and it's truly not a TRAP

>Any suggestion
You cover is pretty nice actually.
>Skills
The classics, like lock pick, open door, close door, breathe, eat, everything must be a skill you can critically fail at.

But in seriousness, Heavy Strike, Camouflage, climb, Aerial Attack (dive from above), and such.

First spell you make must be Fist.

>First spell you make must be Fist.

That would be an Endgame Spell (lol)

However, so far for skills i have to decide how many skills a Knight can learn and how.

My idea is that you can only have a limited number of skills per knight and you have to found the relative trainer/book to learn them.

Also the Skill Therm, is used to refer those abilies to perfomr something particular, or to obtain certain bonuses.

Example of Skills:

>Heroic Leap
>During the First Combat Round, your Knight jumps unto the enemy and can Re-Roll the first time he Misses an Attack

>Rage
>Once per combat, the knight can obtain a +1 to Damage but suffers a -1 to Block/Dodge/Parryfor one Combat Round or untill he successfully hit his target.

>Lustful Mind
>The Knight is able to learn and use Lust-Based Skills

>Lustful Mind
I assume you'll have one of those for each type of spell class then?
Cause if so, consider separating Skills and Perks. Lustful Mind would be a Perk enabling learning new Skills.
Perks being passive and Skills being active.

Why must you hurt me like this

Hmmm not bad as idea.

Let say Perks let you Learn/Use stuff

Skill is everything else.

Perk Example:

>Armor Proficiency (Light)
The Knight is Able to Wear Light Armors

>Lustful Mind
(See Above)

>Wizard
The Knight can Cast Spells.
Perhaps when you create the Knight you can choose up to 3 Perks, the rest you could learn when succesfully rescuing a princess, or after 3 rescues, while other Perks are learned with certain events and/or after beating certain bosses

Perhaps. The possibilities are endless.
I finally got off my sad ass and wrote an intro bit.
I'll dump a paste whenever I finish something that could be qualified as a first draft.

Thats really cute

Finished v0.3

>Changed the title to "Towergirls: Lewd Adventures"
>Added the Cover_Sketch.png as front image
>Added some mechanics
>Fixed typos and grammatical things (hope so)
>Perks and Skills now are two different things thanks to user No.50083370
>Added some Generic Enemies
>Added Enemies who also will use Libido-Based Attacks
>Also Enemies are able to rape your Knight/Shield Maiden if you are into that kind of stuff. It's up to your immagination unless relative rules will be created. Otherwise they just molest you and thats it.
>Added the weakest Boss you'll face.
>Brief description of the rules for Spell Casting
>Added the Epic Joke-Spell: FIST thanks to user No.50083346

Damn son, it's awesome seeing actual tabletop mechanics being pushed out, though I still feel like throwing in lust n sex stuff would make it a tad awkward

Thaks, but it's not obbligatory to use all the rules.

You just want to Kill monsters? go ahead and ignore Lust-Based things

Want to do both? You Can.

Since it's all about LEWD edition, i thought " what's the point without lewd/sexual things".
Even princesses description/items/rules are about sex and stuff.

Still i like to let the player decide what he wants to do, no obbligations!

That's also the meaning of the Front Image:

You can rescue the princess and do your lewd things or just beat the shit outta any monsters you face.

The First rule is "Have Fun"

(And do not talk about Fight Club)

I have not considered it but i shall start doing so now.

Think this will ever start back up?

FicFic went MIA, so probably not for a while.

He is still around at least.

That reminds me, did anyone ever make that joke Crow Merchant Expansion, or is that pushed under the rug completely?

Under the rug, sorry.

You know all that talk about Crow Merchant got me thinking. Maybe we should eventually (not necessarily now) create a new class of courtiers/npc's- merchants?
Thanks for considering my input!
No worries Brumus. Someday I'll write it for you. And I won't even charge a dime!

Not quite. No promises, but it's not dead.

Merchants who sell stuff at ridiculous prices, and follow a theme?

>Knight Merchant
>Sells a sword that lowers your defense, or a shield that lowers your offense
>Bard Merchant
>Sells you a song that lowers your luck but confuses enemies, or a song that raises your dodge and enrages enemies
>Mermaid Merchant
>Sells a sea shell that grants a random effect at the start of a tower, or a bottled message that forces one enemy to give up instantly "u r a faget" is what it says
>Kobold Merchant
>Sells a chunk of cobalt you can pawn off for more gold at any other vendor, or a candle that prevents enemies from lowering your stats. YOU NO TAKE CANDLE!

Maybe shit like this? I think it'd be a fun side thing to do when the main work is done.

Couple of small updates.
Also removed the "deities and patrons" tab I was working on, and I may ultimately do the same for creatures and items.
I can just make additional sourcebooks once the game is in a finished state, and trying to go out of my way to actually make entire lists of creatures, items, and gods by myself (I get absolutely nothing in the way of feedback or suggestions) when the central mechanics aren't even finished isn't that good of an idea.

TOWERS 0.7.0: Zero Testing Dilemma.
docs.google.com/document/d/1Ojhro2YchQjpkiWJdYnrkGAG7nFyctcOiM-5buf41lE/edit?usp=sharing

Good to hear.

I still have this merchant lying around.

Allright guys, i'm ready to work on v.0.4

Still i'd like to see if you want to suggest ideas for this thing i'm working on.

Feel free to suggest:

An Enemy (ie: marauder, kobold sniper, friendly colorful talking horse, gelatinous cube)

Weapons that i did not put (except ranged and throwing weapons, i'm working on that now). remeber that so far we remain on a medieval/fantasy setting.
For example you can sugges some oriental weapons, since i usually avoid that kind of stuff, or exotic wepons. Except the Khopes, that's already on the list.

A Rival, except for Yven of the Blue (that's already on the list)

A Perk/Skill that is not too unbalanced. a +1/-1 is good. Even similar skills with a different name, so if you want a armorless knight who gains a +1 Damage -1 to Hit, without taking Power Attack since is for muscle knights, you can

A TRAP. I mean a trap that you step on and explode, not Trap Princess. Poor guy, everyone is picking on him.

Also, remeber that Skellingtons are my favourite Enemies so far.

> A TRAP. I mean a trap that you step on and explode, not Trap Princess.

A Veeky Forums classic then: the Bear Trap.

Stepping on a pressure plate drops an angry bear on you.

> Also, remeber that Skellingtons are my favourite Enemies so far.

If it's up there too long... Skeleton Bear

People are really productive on these things lately.

>TOWERS from Jackal
>Whatever the fuck Velgarn is working on
>That one group of people's tabletop version from last week's stream
Awesome.

I mean the Enemy that you can find during your adventures and that i've put into the .pdf document. Those guyse are a sort of joke enemy took from the original comic but normal Skeletons will be added lately.

Still the trap will be added:

>Trap: Bear
>If you fail to Detect/Disarm this trap, the pressure plate opens a section of the ceiling and an Angry Bear will fall from above. You must fight the Bear.
Roll a d6: if the reult is lesser than 4+, the Bear was there for too Long and starved to death, so only his bones will fall on you, dealing 2 Damage.
If you roll 1, the Bear is still dead, but now it's a Skeleton Bear and will fight you!

>Trap: Bear
Brilliant.
>Trap: Trap
>Setting it off deposits a male posing as a female into your arms who will slow down your party and is otherwise helpless if you leave them alone in the Dungeon
>May or may not be dead depending on how long ago the trap was set

>Enemy
Got a few dumb things in mind;

>Ghostly zombies of knights that failed to save the princesses.They die in one hit, no matter what.
>Pupbolds, bipedal blue puppies with ragged fur that carry crude weapons and armor. They claim to be the true Kobolds. These pups are incredibly weak.
>Helmet golem, a golem made of helmets.

And a rival; Pupbold Leader. A red/brown Pupbold that wears a deer skull as a helmet. Calls in reinforcements to slow you down in dungeons, but never seems to beat you to the end. Weaker than his fellow Pupbolds, but holds his leadership with big claims and false kindness. "I would kill you in one swing, but I don't want to look bad in front of my allies! I'll give you a chance to run, because I'm so nice!"

>Fireflies: fly people with fire-based weaponry.

I may have had some other enemy concepts I suggested awhile back, I'll see if I can dig them up.

Turns out I just had suggestions for tower defenses based on kingdom rivalries of the princesses in them:

>Amazon-Voodoo Pygmies
>Succubus-Desert bandits
>Goblin-Spunky Gnomes
>Trap-Manly Stereotypes
>Crest Princess-Headhunters
>Armor Princess-Bodysnatchers

Even the 'fire' flies were a thing meant for drider princess.

>Pupbolds
B-but i don't want to harm Puppies

>Dead Knigths
Yeh, they are in the list

>Helmet Golem
A golem made of helmet.. of the KNIGHTS HE KILLED. This can be a Boss.

>Fireflies
Added

Still there is no need to suggest only parody things. Serious things are more welcome!

So far the game i'm writing is "Serious" with the right dose of humor, without exceeding too much

>Helmet Golem
Seems a bit niche and weird unless you have a matching Gloves/Chest/Boots Golem set.
>4Kings but instead of 4Kings, it's 4Golems each of which is comprised of their favorite armor piece
>Chest is a huge hulking mass
>Boots is scrappy but has plenty of spare parts around the room
>Helmet is pretty average
>Gloves is a mage

Very Nice

Princess- Based enemies that you have to fight before actually reach her.

Added.

Actually i was thinking that he is just a golem who is obsessed to kill Knights and stole their helmets.
He does so since he thinks that the Helmet is the Knight's Core (aka Heart), and doing so he thinks that he will become more powerful.

>>Pupbolds
>B-but i don't want to harm Puppies
Maybe you hug them to defeat?

>Obsession
Also true.
Now to think up some ideas myself.
>Generic swarm of spiders
>Swarm of Spidergirls
>One big spider
>One big dead spider full of tiny spiders
>One big Undead spider full of spidergirls
>8 year old Kobold Witch riding piggyback on a giant Undead Spider and said Spider is also her best friend, killing it causes her to get really depressed cause she was just having fun and suddenly some Knight kills her best friend in the world

Streaming!

picarto.tv/Eversor

Poof!

I need to go rewatch Robin Hood now.

Not that I like the furry cast, but I recall it being a great movie and I had forgotten about it until now.

Not bad. The application of more anthropomorphism is a little peculiar, but I think it meshes well with the rest of Towergirls.

Yeah I remember watching it when I was...11 or so. Its been a long while.

Also hey guys. I am gonna re-line the Drake Princess, but the header image that shows up in the top right. I was wondering if I can get some help with that? Inspiration or sketches...anything?

Do we have a personality for Drake Princess yet? If not, here's my two cents;

>Drake in the middle of an abandoned roman arena
>shattered weapons and skeletons surround her feet
>Knight standing in the area where Caesar would've sat, Drake unaware of his presence

Hey, new to the thread here. With all of the pics circating around amd talk about versions of the games, I have a few questions, if you don't mind me asking.

Okay, shoot.

4 down 4 more picked

next up are cultist chan, cuddles, sucy manbabaran, and katia managan

amazing work as always Eversor!

So 1.): Is this a tabletop game, a CYOA, or a computer game? I saw some mock-ups on Tumblr that looked like this was some sort of video game.

2.): Which pdfs and images are needed to play? I've lurked a bit and I'm always seeing sheets of various characters. Some with princesses, some with knights, some with stats, some without. I can't really infer which materials are the most important

3.) Is this easy to homebrew? The ide strikes my fancy a lot (I think the gist of it is you're a knight rescuing various princesses?) and sort of has some elements that would I think mesh well with a Pokemon Gijinka concept or something similar.

4.) Who are the notable artists? Do they have tumblrs? What's your favorite artwork that's been posted in this past year?

CYOA primarily but tabletop and game variations are being made by various groups.

Check the imgur in the OP, it has the main finished ones. When others get finished they will be added.

Pretty easy, that is what we do mostly here.

Eversor is the one that does a lot of the final arts since he has the brushes the orginal artist used and is able to replicate the style pretty well. He has a tumblr somewhere and is doing a towergirls quest.

favorite art linked.

1) All of them -> 1d4chan.org/wiki/Towergirls

2) Those you find.
So far i'm writing down an actual Singleplayer Tabletop/CYOA/whatever you want to call it, who still uses the Princesses charts you find in the OP

3) I will probably say yes, but i pass the question to the others

4) Not me, lol

> There are tabletops being made as well as 2 video games of note, though its primarily a CYOA adventure game centered around saving princesses

>The Imgur is the main chart ref, but im currently working on a sprite rip chart and there are a few fan charts. usually you can just ask for them to be posted and someone will post it

>Very much so, typically the base idea for a towergirls homebrew involves a player picking a knight and then a princess to save

> Gats, Eversor, and Brave tend to do the most work when it comes to drawing the princess sprites, Photo does most of the chart editing, and I do a bit of sprite editing here and there. There are many other artists that jump in and out to help but those 3 are the ones who either have the most or help most often when it comes to princess sprites

reminds me of the of something foglios would make.

Drake princess is a protest activist working towards drake and subdragon awareness

Inspiration for the header, for Drake proper, or both?

Anyone know how to contact RT, or have a tumblr link or something?

Who.