Let's create a setting Veeky Forums

Let's create a setting Veeky Forums

Post a detail you want. Posts that end with 7s get in. Dubs can override any detail. Only trips can cancel out dubs. I'll start.

>The world has four races, each based on the four seasons

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=NCBA1wii70o
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

The world was once one giant continent, but it has been shattered by a previous, cataclysmic war. The continents are still drifting apart in a noticeable speed.

Autumn based race called: Learal. A very motley coloured race of small, physically frail folk whose skin resembles fallen leaves. Theu rely on superior natural camouflage and gliding capabilities to stay hidden(via small, semi vestigial wings like that of underdeveloped cicada wings). Very crafty race, but not hardy.

All punishment is sort of ironic

Magic exists, but the only way to cast anything is to connect half your soul to a crimson crystal, an extremely durable item, but if destroyed, your body immediatly starts aging twice as normal.

Durable metals are extremely rare. Armor and weaponry is usually made out of bone, stone, wood, magic ice. Whatever the races can manage.

The children of winter are lost, mostly wiped out in the war. As such, autumn's chosen have had a prolonged age of glory without the natural passage of power to the winter court. They are mostly benevolent and try to share the glory of the plenty but for has begun to set in to their age as all becomes stagnant.

The cycle is broken. The wheel must turn.

*Rot has begun to set in

Basically Autumn changes from a time of feasts to a time of decay with the loss of winter to cleanse the land again and usher in the beginning of the next age.

The fire nation attacked

The water nation isolated itself.

Hehehe

The lava nation declared independence from the fire nation midway through the fire nation's attack.

The bigger the chair you have, the more powerful you are

This is the dominant race in much of the world. They're nice guys, if you don't mind conversing via oriface probes

All structures are ruins.

A single 7 is too hard to get.

Nice

Posts that are prime numbers now end in 7.

Whenever I see one of these "look to the horizon" pictures, I always think
>That guy must have seen the structure from an even further distance than that
>The only reason he stopped walking is probably because he's thinking "FUCK it's still so FAR AWAY"

Winter is NOT coming, the game.

The Endless Fall?

Endless fall, everything is slowly dying

Everything in the world is too far and travel is tiresome
confirmed

The summer civilization is made up of bronzed war gods/goddesses. They are martial and believe the celebrations and revelry of the springtime folk to be pointless. They want to disrupt the natural order in favor of summer now, since if autumn can do it why can't they?

There is a gigantic humanoid monster made of ice wandering the world.

There are different theories on its purpose.

Whoever's in charge of death likes eternal fall and tries to preserve it because it's their favourite season

Catgirls are a thing, But use the 'cute' imagery to get close to people. In actuality, their civilization run by brutal and efficient mob bosses, with mafia 'families' replacing noble houses in their organizational structure. They commit murders that would make the mexican mafia proud.

There is a notorious mind flayer bandit that erases the memories of those he robbed. Nobody even really knows what he looks like, but the robberies are just to fund more robberies, and what he's really after are people's sweet, sweet memories.

The 4 races are all seasonally-themed catpeople of different types.

Rusty red foxes for autumn
White wolves of winter
Strong and vital tigers of summer
Tabby cats of spring.

There are not beastfolk. Any joining of human and animal ends up creating a demonic thoughtless monster that lives only to kill and corrupt.

Everyone in the setting is racist against gnomes for religious reasons.

Only the things that grow in fall are left as sustenance

Welcome to the Magic Multiverse. My name is Garruk and I'll be your guide. c:

Dubs, WOO

Also, the continuous autumn has left many trees without leaves. this has been a big problem, as many types of trees in this world have leaves with medicinal or otherwise useful magical properties.

Garruk confirmed for God of travelers and Knowldege.

This thread ended up shit. I hope your fucking catgirls all go extinct faggot.

This is good.

The three (four) kingdoms each have different social structures with summer being a regimented might makes right empire of warlords and clans with one overlord, fall being an elder worshipping republic with complex politcal courts and jockeying for position, and spring being a free-spirited caste system where everyone is divided up based on the phase of the moon under which they were born.

Old ruins full of ancient machinery sometimes creak to life. They pour black smoke into the air for a time and then shut down. People suspect they are producing something in there, but nobody's sure what, or who is activating them.

Kek is the primordial of darkness and the main creator god. Kek's form was depicted as a frog, or as a frog-headed man. As a symbol of darkness, Kek also represented obscurity and the unknown, and thus he's chaos, the moving, formless mass from which everything originated from.

His prophet is known as naked nigel.

There are whole classes of images devoted to each season, always keeping their headquarters in that season to study it.

Summer mages are masters of both light and heat, sending out brilliant burning rays and making the air shimmer with arcane energies.
Spring mages are demdromancers, molding plant life into strange and bountiful Jew forms for all sorts of purposes.
Fall mages hold power over entropy and decay, rusting metal and turning flesh to rotten black sludge.
Winter mages control both ice and shade, turning fields dark as night and making chilling winds that feel like knives.

They have been sent into a frenzy over how the season has yet to change, and all four houses are close to dissolution out of hysteria.

Beastfolk are an artificially-created race. Normally after they are born, their heart stops beating. however, if the heart is replaces with an artificial rune stone, they can grow beyond that point. As such, beast races can only procreate should the artificier's guild say so, which leads to a lot of unhappiness among the beast races.

The summer army engages in surfing for recreation, but have also used surfboards to assault enemies on shore from the water.

Far off in an exotic land, things work far differently.
Instead of four seasons, they only have two.

A calm, collected, and bright season
And one of untamed might beyond comprehension, refered to by the natives only as the "Monsoon".

What kind of legends would space travel cause?

Not like "ha ha star wars" sci fi stories being retold around a camp fire youtube.com/watch?v=NCBA1wii70o

I'm talking about the fact that man WALKED ON THE FUCKING MOON. Long after the history books turned to dust and whatever apocalypse has reduced civilization to mud huts would people still remember, or would it just become fanciful stories about "star sailors" that would occasionally make people stop and look up at the moon at night and wonder?

This is cool.

The monsoon's arrival is usually heralded by visions and vivid dreams from the people who live there. It's never quite the same time every year.

Santa Claus is real.

Man walked among and talked with the stars in an age of plenty unimaginable

I want to second this and give it my roll. Also, there are old, decrepit astronaut suits near the ancient and ruined spaceports. These suits are essentially powered armor and make those who wear them legendary, but the sites are guarded by fungus krackens, who use the rocket fuel in reserve as a food source. Needing only small quantities to stay alive and getting the rest of its energy through photosynthesis, it strangles and crushes anything that threatens its food source, and moves through tall grass as if nothing were there.

A terrible wizard threatens the land of autumn. He can possess others, and as such his lair is full of empty armor statues. His final form is the skull, ribcage and arms of a fallen, ancient giant, floating in mid-air and smashing anything in its way to bits.

The ocean is full of enormous turtles, large enough to have settlements on their backs. The turtles do that crocodile passing out thing if they're upside-down too long, so this makes for relatively stable places to live. All of those homes would likely need to be water-tight should the turtle submerge. Each settlement would have a turtle-tamer, who would guide the actions of this turtle or have it go to faraway places.

The afterlife is a place you can physically travel to without any magical assistance, and finding people who died there is one of the only ways resurrection is possible, but good luck getting them (and yourselves) out.

Also no jews

Long, long ago, a group of wizards managed to overthrow the reign of the Gods over creation.

Each God was slain by a wizard who absorbed their essence, however the wizards began fighting among themselves over absolute rulership of creation reducing the size of the "new" pantheon and mixing the essence of the gods among the few remaining wizards.

They created a system where which wizard would rule creation for a thousand years before "passing its turn" to the next wizard.

The "old" Gods reincarnated as a single immortal of prestige and wonder that seeks to retake its powers.

Winter once knew the secrets of what lies beyond the pale. In fact, they were the Shepard of that land guiding people,of this world to eternity. Sadly, they all lie on the other side now and if they know how to return they are not telling. Perhaps they are still bitter about the holocaust.

Adonalsium

Bards must engage in spirited songs to actually get their spells off, a la

>m.youtube.com/watch?v=g5ciBWNwjsY

Goblin street gangs are a major problem in more crowded cities. Daggers and flintlocks are their preferred weapons. They use graffiti to mark territory, and usually make it with enchanted paint, which glows or causes images to shift.

nani

All sapient species on the planet are descended from clones of guy fieri who mutated into distinct populations.

The focal point of all four seasons is a pocket realm surrounding a large pyramid. Atop it is an illuminati-style eye that opens only when the worthy arrive and opens the temple for them. What lies within isn't known, as nobody comes back out, but it is believed the chosen ascend to a higher state of being.

Actually it
s just an alien race looking for new combatants for their unreal tournament-esque TV show.

Can someone give us a summary of everything going on in this world?

I guess just in case: the leader of each tribe is a member of the TMNT.

I'd play a Flavorword campaign setting.

4 is a sacred number. Travelers often travel in groups of four because of this. Groups of three are seen as trouble, for it is inviting misfortune to be the fourth guest.

I gotchu senpai. No idea where OP went. I think this is accurate:

Since only stuff ending in 7 is cannon.

Now that winter is gone, the gates of death, which they once guarded, stand closed.
Nothing can die in this eternal autumn, only rot.

Are dubs just an override? What the hell are the chances of your request being an override AND getting dubs?

Fuck, the guy who made this thread can't do statistics.

Upon this strange world, the orcs look like actual pigs and are descended from 1000 demons infesting a herd of pigs

Kobolds are fluffy furry folk who are like mountain hobbits

Nigga can you not read? It just says dubs. It doesn't have to be a 7 dubs.

Welcome to Autumn Souls. Praise the sun.

The factions are the Autumnans, the Summerians, and the Springoriginals.

I just fuck off after I start the thread and kinda let everyone let loose. I'm still here, trust me.

Double 7s are not what I meant. I meant what are the chances that your request to change something will roll dubs? It should just be 7s also act as cancelling, since it means you either make a change and waste a seven, or make up something new and waste dubs. Just not a very good way to do it, imho.

The heralds of winter, the winter wraiths, continually try to wipe out the children of Autumn. They are a force of nature, unable to realize they work to clear the way for an empty throne.

I don't know. I'm not OP and besides the thread is already made.

The Sun is, in fact, a giant tree that grows in the Summerlands. The Winterlands, being so far away, are in a nearly perpetual twilight.

Necromancy is a viable job career just like cryomancy, thaumatomancy or thanatomancy.

Since this is the fifth cycle of humanity's rise and fall from the world, ancient technomancers recovered tremendous superweapons and comporessed them the size that a human form can wield on the ground. Only around nine of these weapons still exist, but they stand as a testament to the ferocious technological power of these technomancers' craft. If one comes in contact with one of these weapons, they will shrink to the size of a small coin until said coin is firmly squeezed, in which case it will form with the arm that squeezed it, turning the wielder into a monstrous killer for a short while before the insane magical and physical strain on the wielder completely destroys their body

The sun is a prison

I like this so reroll

Oh, it can't be changed. I just want OP to know, if he's still reading, that he sucks at statistics.

Gilgamesh rules the Summerians with a bronze fist and killer abs

This rule of 7's is bullshit but I'll pitch in.

In the far South, a militiant and widespread cult has begun to mythologize the beauties of spring, and the Adherents Of Sacred Rebirth believe that sacrificing and butchering all People of Autumn, Summer, and Winter in the name of the Earth Mother will bring eternal paradise.

elves are tiny, winged, mischevious little creatures who enter people's minds to feast on their dreams, leaving nightmares to fill the gap
they're utterly alien, almost impossible to communicate with and can potentially cause you harm with their magic, but usually prefer to run away or avoid being seen altogether

>7's
I think that dubs, trips and so on count as well.

Summer bards are Hymns
Winter bards are Dirges
Spring bards are Preludes
Autumn bards are Requiems

The last of the Winterlings are a bunch of edgelords known as the Vampire Court. They live in Gothic castles and ride around in all black being dicks to everyone they meet. Whereever there's villainy to be done, no matter how petty or grandiose, you will find a member of the Vampire Court there to commit it. They might actually be vampires, or they might just like to drink blood, hate sunlight, garlic, and religious icons. No one is quite sure, and they're not talking.

reroll

Rerolling.

Going to add that the most powerful of magic rituals require a full chorus of four bards to represent each of the four ages of seasons.

Shitposting is a highly advanced form of communion with the otherworldly.

Though cycle of seasons has ground to a halt, the lunar cycle continues just the same. This incongruity has caused strange magical disruptions in the land as the natural rise and fall of the lunar magics continues to fuel seasonal enchantments which should exist but does not, causing strange permutations to erupt throughout the land.

There has, for instance, been an Autumn Solstice for the first time. The havoc it caused was unimaginable.

Rerolling for him, this sounds dope.

We will just keep rerolling until this one gets in.

Rerolling

I'm with them. The music must be free!

off by one

also re-rolling

THEN WE WILL TRY AGAIN

Rule of 7 is Ads

7 is a feared number in this world. It represent hubris, a greatness only the foolish seek because they are doomed to failure.

Magic ruins scattered throughout confer a special school of magic to those who navigate to their deepest place.

Each ruin has a different spin on the magic given, and the challenges you face within the ruins flavor the magic you receive.

Rerolling

There's been an invasion of undead unicorns in the past. They were led by the Chaos Wizard Zargothrax, who was defeated and cast into cryostasis by the hands of king Angus McFife

25 posts later, a seven appears

Magic is costly and requires some reagent from the season to which it is the domain of. Autumn reagents are not as plentiful anymore as one would hope as all of them become ever more scarce.