Pathfinder General /pfg/

>THIS IS IMPORTANT!
If you want build advice make sure to say what 3pp you can use, if any.
>THIS IS IMPORTANT!

Pale Elf Edition

Unified /pfg/ link repository: pastebin.com/JTj1yEmU

Kineticists of Porphyra IV: End of an Era playtest: docs.google.com/document/d/1XTgiUdDSrTCvATEDeDJ4MnbDgS6KEBLu2e9mjj5fwaw/edit
Broken Shackles Playtest: app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/59701/broken-shackles-test-play

Old thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

d20pfsrd.com/feats/general-feats/antagonize
docs.google.com/document/d/1AN2Aa67Ze8sLKtVCVb_06ihp0-i8dE4BBeaF9g9Qf2Y/edit?usp=sharing
docs.google.com/document/d/1_GIItf1OW2CsLgY4m--CE6QnHvuQ6pm0zpJPuyUwVJU/edit?usp=sharing
docs.google.com/document/d/1wth6oldhYrfia4WFr-lfH82wBPQ6M9F5mTiSyhyrVuk/edit?usp=sharing
docs.google.com/document/d/1sLjGmKhWABnCcVby2_Dfla0veVJHAXLKBFBmJy_nDKY/edit?usp=sharing
docs.google.com/document/d/1ox8Js50vCpQIdioW3jKKkAdMqcYOirrXOwGfZ5wI2t0/edit?usp=sharing
docs.google.com/document/d/1hGJuzwZR8Z9nO-ih_YAbdaDqgRkK7AiDCc4SjFrM6cM/edit?usp=sharing
docs.google.com/document/d/1LbFLJo_nCKfYE60wdtmJJW8GI8KWffe0ZKnP7Ou_zqc/edit?usp=sharing
docs.google.com/document/d/184v2vAOnxT9MXDCll3MdE415vfoH4ZwgUbAgoNhBCd0/edit?usp=sharing
docs.google.com/document/d/1v6MvUz2YTie2sDZuXWvkn_TecfLcm_a4VGh_6hnedIY/edit?usp=sharing
bato.to/comic/_/comics/wakabayashi-toshiya’s-4-koma-collection-r9820
dynasty-scans.com/series/wakabayashi_toshiyas_4_koma_collection
d20pfsrd.com/bestiary/monster-listings/undead/mummy
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>5 Strength

Why is Fennec user so gangly and weak?

because he's a fuccboi

>5 strength
>16 Charisma

He's the ultimate fuccboi.

a weak little pretty fuccboi

Perfect to bully with a big-titted musclegirl.

I think I've got the exact comic for this!

Should I post the rest?

> fuckwit in my group has a 22 AC at level 1

That does it, I'm switching to 5e.

I like Hawkguard myself.

That's trivial to reach.

I'm not quite sure I like where this is going.

You're a tiny little Fennec fox with fuck-all for strength but a buttload of charisma, what did you think would happen?

OSU

It's also completely fucking broken and he also has some dumb-ass feat that forces intelligent creatures to attack him. So basically no one else takes any damage and he completely breaks all the encounters.

You should have posted these when people were applying for the duo app games.

R-Really?

>It's also completely fucking broken and he also has some dumb-ass feat that forces intelligent creatures to attack him
No it's not and what's the name of the feat.

You type and post like someone who barely understands how the game works. It's level fucking 1.

>duo-app games

I wish I was in a game

I want to be dominated by a sexual musclegirl!!!

That one gets gross though.

>It's level fucking 1.

Yeah and half the shit has like a +3 to hit. So he only has a 10% chance of being damaged at all. Fuck that.

d20pfsrd.com/feats/general-feats/antagonize

He uses this and has like an 18 Charisma so he's constantly rolling like 24 or so for these checks. So everything has to attack him. The entire game goes completely to shit. He also recently attained level 3 and can now buff his AC to 26 in most situations. You cannot pretend that is balanced when most CR 3 monsters have like +8 to hit at most.

Not that Pathfinder is balanced anyway.

have someone cast a spell on him you idiot

it sounds like you're being trolled by an awful monk or swashbuckler build and don't know how to deal

>have someone cast a spell on him you idiot

That would be nice except not every fucking combat is going to be with mages. He also dipped into armiger so now his saves are even more insane. My only hope are mindless vermin and even those get BTFO by this fucktarded party. The CR system is completely broken.

>not wanting the martials to have good things
>not wanting the tanks to actually do their job
You play PFS, don't you?

Also, AC becomes mostly useless past lvl 5, this won't be much of a problem anymore. Plus armors doesn't hel pmuch at all against a caster, gun user, hazard, or combat manuevers like Trip or disarm.

ok so you're just a fucking idiot got it.

You know you can only antagonize one creature at a time.
>You cannot pretend that is balanced when most CR 3 monsters have like +8 to hit at most.
No because level 1 pathfinder isn't even remotely balanced. You're either invincible or dying like fucking lambs in the slaughter unless the GM pull punches.

>No because level 1 pathfinder isn't even remotely balanced.

It's not balanced at later levels either. What I'm getting from this discussion confirms my suspicions that it's a shit system and I should drop it.

ok fine drop it and leave the thread

Do it then. No one particularly cares whether or not you're playing.

What is PFS? You mean Pathfinder Society? No, this is a home game you moron. Public games are for friendless autistics.

Nah you're just a moron making post-hoc rationalizations for a broken build.

>r. What I'm getting from this discussion confirms my suspicions that it's a shit system and I should drop it.
Go ahead, but if fucking antagonize is giving you problems nothing short of "GM can just kill off players whenever he feels like" is going to be satisfying to you.

Seriously. You can antagonize 1 fucking guy a round. That's one guy indisposed. The rest are free to reak havoc on the party.

So you know what, play 5e. It's made with retards like you in mind.

> for a broken build.
The build isn't broken, you are literally retarded.

Crap, missed the new thread. Reposting it here.

Alright, I've gotten some stuff done on the homebrew class!
Not much stuff, just up to level 6, and only a handful of domains. We have the domains for Eristil, and three domains for Nethys, and the Life domain.

docs.google.com/document/d/1AN2Aa67Ze8sLKtVCVb_06ihp0-i8dE4BBeaF9g9Qf2Y/edit?usp=sharing

So you are admitting it's a shitty system? It's not balanced and it's easy as fuck to make broken builds at 1st level or just get flat-out gangraped. The stats matter less as level increases and saves become more important, before casters utterly dominate. But that doesn't matter because this cuntfuck still has an Armor Class that is WAY out of line for 1st or even 5th level. And you think that's okay. Why exactly? Because "a bloo bloo it's my game fuck off"? No. That's not an excuse. Why are you playing this game if it's so absolutely dysfunctional it can barely even be played?

>d20pfsrd.com/feats/general-feats/antagonize
> The effect ends as soon as the creature attacks you. Once you have targeted a creature with this ability, you cannot target it again for 1 day.

Why is this a problem again?

not him, but I find 5e players to be less socially retard than 3.pf players. Probably something to do with autism and "MUH SUPER SECRET HOBBY GOING MAIN STREAM REEEEEE"

4e is still the best though

>The build isn't broken, you are literally retarded.

> 22 AC at 1st level isn't broken

You are a confirmed retard, kill yourself. It means most CR 1 monsters cannot even hit except on a 19 or 20. Or just a flat nat 20 when he uses fighting defensively to increase his AC even farther. So basically he's hit 1 in 20 times and can just sit there and soak up aggro. He also smokes opium for a shitton of bonus hit points. This system is so full of shitty odds and ends that it's easy as fuck to make a retarded character that is utterly broken. Such as a character who has 16 hp at 1st level cause he's on drugs. What a load of horse shit.

Here we go again, everybody.

We all know what both sides are on about now.

nobody thinks its a balanced system

bye.

What is the lewdest race, /pfg/?

C'mon, let's just ignore the troll. Let him rage all he wants.

Figure I'd link to the domains:
Animal:
docs.google.com/document/d/1_GIItf1OW2CsLgY4m--CE6QnHvuQ6pm0zpJPuyUwVJU/edit?usp=sharing

Community:
docs.google.com/document/d/1wth6oldhYrfia4WFr-lfH82wBPQ6M9F5mTiSyhyrVuk/edit?usp=sharing

Destruction:
docs.google.com/document/d/1sLjGmKhWABnCcVby2_Dfla0veVJHAXLKBFBmJy_nDKY/edit?usp=sharing

Good:
docs.google.com/document/d/1ox8Js50vCpQIdioW3jKKkAdMqcYOirrXOwGfZ5wI2t0/edit?usp=sharing

Law
docs.google.com/document/d/1hGJuzwZR8Z9nO-ih_YAbdaDqgRkK7AiDCc4SjFrM6cM/edit?usp=sharing

Life
docs.google.com/document/d/1LbFLJo_nCKfYE60wdtmJJW8GI8KWffe0ZKnP7Ou_zqc/edit?usp=sharing

Magic
docs.google.com/document/d/184v2vAOnxT9MXDCll3MdE415vfoH4ZwgUbAgoNhBCd0/edit?usp=sharing

Plant
docs.google.com/document/d/1v6MvUz2YTie2sDZuXWvkn_TecfLcm_a4VGh_6hnedIY/edit?usp=sharing

elves

>nobody thinks its a balanced system

Then why play it? It has nothing to offer.

>Fighting defensively in any situation other than standing in a hallway
The character here can't actually use Antagonize on the same round that he fights defensively. At best he can do it on the round when he extends the effect as an immediate action, but even then it means it didn't work the first time.

because we have fun

fun.

Dragons, that's why there are so many half dragons.

Going to need a source on these

>game got canned for third session in a row
>in a game that's every other week that I technically didn't get to do anything in yet due to wizard shenanigans
>DM for game that's in the between weeks is also in that game and might cancel his out of spite

How're everyone else's games going, /pfg/?

That's not an indication of system quality. I can have fun picking my asshole and smelling my finger. That doesn't make it a good RPG.

Actually he can with total defense. At least he has been. I'm sorry if I can't police every single one of his fucking actions in a system with 600 fuckbooks of shitty rules while trying to run an actual campaign.

I think (Think!) it might be this

bato.to/comic/_/comics/wakabayashi-toshiya’s-4-koma-collection-r9820

This user has the right idea!

elves

nobody thinks it is

you can leave now

Elves

There's no such thing as a balanced system.

And it has plenty to offer if you aren't retarded an know how to not break it.

I want to marry a silver dragon and have a hundred adorable silver-haired babies!

>i don't know the rules of the game, but its a bad game

lol

>That's not an indication of system quality. I can have fun picking my asshole and smelling my finger. That doesn't make it a good RPG.
People do not always play or consume the height of a medium's offerings. Pathfinder has both its strength and weaknesses.

As well balance is not the end all of an RPG's quality, indeed it has many other factors.

Pathfinder has nearly unparalleled mechanical variety in its character creation, and while this leads to imbalance, it also leads to enjoyment in the character creation itself. One can pick and choose from numerous portions of the system to bring to the forefront the game they wish to run. While this may be poorer than a dedicated system, it works for the most part and does not force relearning a system.

For instance just because I want to play a certain kind of game I'm not gonna force my players to learn Burning Wheel, because it is a complex system in and of itself, and with its own limitations.

Here's a better link (sorry, user!)

dynasty-scans.com/series/wakabayashi_toshiyas_4_koma_collection

Not that guy, but knowing the rules doesn't exactly help make the game better. If anything, it just increases my despair.

>t or even 5th level
22 AC is where a 5th level Frontline character fucking should be retard.

If you can't handle someone who LITERALLY does nothing but sit on his ass and spam AC at 1 guy, 1 guy. You shouldn't be DMing period.

>nobody thinks it is

So it's not a good RPG? Why would I play it then?

>There's no such thing as a balanced system.

In the same way nothing is perfect, sure. But there are varying degrees of balance and Pathfinder is very unbalanced and a very poorly designed game with many disparate elements that mesh badly. Another example is base attack, save DCs, and save bonuses, which are horridly balanced against each other and make no sense. At least 5e balances it all well with proficiency. It is an objectively better system; there is NO benefit to the disparate, separate, overcomplex bonuses of Pathfinder.

> And it has plenty to offer if you aren't retarded an know how to not break it.

So basically go to a bunch more trouble to houserule the broken parts instead of playing a good system like D&D 5e.

you shouldn't and leave

>You shouldn't be DMing period.

Correction: I shouldn't be DMing your shitty, unbalanced system. And by the way, it's at 1st level, not 5th dumbass. Read my post and stop cherrypicking and strawmanning to fit your own narrative. Get fucked. He is literally unhittable at level 1. You want to pretend that's balanced or fun or fair?

Was already reading from the first link and enjoying it a ton, thanks user.

ok then leave

Tell me, /pfg/, am I doing a horrid mistake for taking the cohort feat and choose my character's young daughter as the cohort while we are travelling fighting rock giants and their nasty, nasty allies.

Also are these headbutting sessions/looping arguments that devolve into childish "nuh-uh, you are the wrongs" back-n-forth a norm here these days?

Has anyone ever run a game set in Kaer Maga? How did it go?

No. Because your game is shit, and you are going to explain why it's not, because I wasted 30 bucks on the core rulebook and Paizo owes me that money back for producing such a shitty game. They have ripped off THOUSANDS of gamers with this inane bullshit, and destroyed a generation of roleplayers by encouraging this kind of powergaming garbage.

Now, either give me a fair encounter that will wipe out my party (I'm talking full stop, full TPK), or else. I am sick of your shit. Pathfinder is going to be burned at my next barbeque because I am so sick of this shitty game.

The build you are describing is in no way broken unless you literally only put them up against single enemies that speak their language, and thus allow him to cardon them off as a standard action. EVEN THEN it only pins them down for one round and then it can't be used gain.

Animals, Vermin, Undead, Constructs, Plants, all are immune to antagonize. Anything intelligent that doesn't speak his language is. Multiple enemies hoses him. Casters hurt him as well.

Literally the only problem is single enemy encounters that rely on melee, which should be in the vast minority, and even then it only works for one round.

Fuck you're retarded.

lol

you're such a fucking idiot.

>Actually he can with total defense. At least he has been.
No he can't. Total defense takes your full round action, which prevents you from taking any move, standard, or swift actions during the turn when you do it. He is either playing you or he doesn't know about this himself. Either way, the shit you're whining about is not a result of bad rules, it's because you didn't bother to read the rules on a thing he does regularly.

> I'm sorry if I can't police every single one of his fucking actions in a system with 600 fuckbooks of shitty rules
This rule is literally in the d20pfsrd page called "Combat." If you aren't willing to even read a single page detailing how combat works in a system, maybe you shouldn't be GMing that system. The problem is you.

Think you may be underestimating dragons, user.

You're taking the bait, love.

>He is literally unhittable at level 1.
No he's not
Touch attacks
Flanking
True Strike
Grappling
Tripping
Bombs
Traps
Spells

But yes any easily built character can shit on 1d4 goblins at level fucking 1.

Also you implied 22 is busted at 5th level you illiterate mongoloid.

>So you are admitting it's a shitty system? It's not balanced and it's easy as fuck to make broken builds at 1st level or just get flat-out gangraped.
Yes, it is unbalanced and a broken system
The problem is its not broken for the reason you think its broken. MArtials hitting things isn't what's proken, its wizards playing god and controlling the narrative of the game that is.

That's why everyone here thinks your an idiot, because you're claiming that a standard optomized martial is broken, when really its no even close to the ultimate peak in shitty game balance.

but its literally hillarious

No

Well hey, it's not like people can afford plate armor (1800 gold) and a tower shield when you have 10,000 gold wealth by level. That only gives 23 ac.

Friend, I'd give her 800 babies if it meant seeing her smile.

It may not be the best idea to bring a child into combat, but that's not for any reasons I would think you don't know already. It's pretty much up to you here. I think it could make for some interesting roleplay as long as your GM isn't a dick who will go out of his way to bring her harm because you decided to do this.

>Also are these headbutting sessions/looping arguments that devolve into childish "nuh-uh, you are the wrongs" back-n-forth a norm here these days?
Yeah, more or less. When they're better at making it seem like they aren't baiting, I've seen it take up an entire thread.

>a player optimizing for a defensive stat with a shitty feat to lock down one dude at a time is bad
>"balanced and fair" being a concern for a player character indicating "players vs GM" instead of some kind of understanding of trying to make an enjoyable game
>being mad about player defenses when you are the GM and can just scale an encounter up or just put in something that can deal with the dude with fucktons of AC

Throw tanglefoot bags at him. Throw save or sucks at him. Shoot him with a fucking gun. You have a million options and you're whining that the dude optimized to avoid getting hit by swords isn't getting hit by swords.

>Literally the only problem is single enemy encounters that rely on melee,

Except that's most CR 1 monsters you fuckwit. I don't have money for all six monster manuals, faggot.

Not an argument.

>No he can't. Total defense takes your full round action, which prevents you from taking any move, standard, or swift actions during the turn when you do it. He is either playing you or he doesn't know about this himself. Either way, the shit you're whining about is not a result of bad rules, it's because you didn't bother to read the rules on a thing he does regularly.

Well maybe he should read the fucking rules himself. This is another problem -- most pathfinder players are fucking cheaters, because the game encourages you to play an OP build and to cheat because winning is the entire goal. It's not even a roleplaying game, it's like MtG, a fucking optimization contest that only a few select builds can win, and casters win by default.

You've got the right attitude, then. So long as you put in the work to make them all pillars of the community and such.

You say that like high AC in 5E isn't more effective than it is in 3.PF.

Is there a conversion for the Bo9S stuff for PF Path of War stuff?

Drow

You literally don't understand half the rules and can't bother to read his actual feats.

A fair encounter ISN'T SUPPOSED to wipe out a party, a 50/50 chance kill for a party is CR+4 and is considered "deadly". In this case you are looking at a CR 5 enemy, which varies in strength due to the limitations of the CR system factoring in all numbers (and not particular numbers based on the party's strengths and weaknesses).

However let's just choose an enemy out of the sack.

>d20pfsrd.com/bestiary/monster-listings/undead/mummy

Mummy, a classic. Likely this mummy will kill your party. He hits the "UNHITTABLE AC" on a 9 up. He begins beating him to death, and likely he goes down on attack 2. Some of the party members will fail their save against feat.

The Mummy is very likely to win.

You mean the tower shield that gives you -2 to hit?

For the disciplines wouldn't you only need to change the concentration skill?

>Well maybe he should read the fucking rules himself. This is another problem -- most pathfinder players are fucking cheaters
Broad sweeping generalizations won't really get you anywhere, friend.

Silvers practically do that on their own! Each and every one of those kids will become a knight, a diplomat, an ambassador or even a dedicated nobleman's wife or noblewoman's husband.

>Touch attacks

His touch AC is like 17. Still fucking ridiclous and hard to hit for the undead that mostly have touch attacks. Or casters, which have similarly-shitty to-hits.

>Flanking

Yeah taht's a fucking issue when the kineticist blasts apart half the enemies before they get close. Also, it's a +2 fucking bonus you retard. It doesn't fucking matter when his AC is in the mid 20s.

> True Strike

Yeah because fucking everyone has true strike. Again, not every enemy is a fucking caster.

> True strike

Literally just explained this, why did you type it twice?

>Grappling

He has a high-as-fuck CMD thanks to his 20 Dex and other feats. Also, why bother?

>Tripping

Again with the CMD. Jesus christ

>Bombs

>Traps
Actually the first dungeon was mostly traps and that was the only thing that really hurt the party because they are fucking retards like most pathfinder kiddies who expect everything to be COMBAT COMBAT COMBAT. But a steady diet of traps makes no sense.

>Spells

Again, NOT EVERY FUCKING ENEMY IS A CASTER. AlSO THERE ARE NOT CASTERS IN THE MONSTER MANUAL WHICH IS WHAT I AM USING.

>Except that's most CR 1 monsters you fuckwit. I don't have money for all six monster manuals, faggot.
Literally there is a website with ALL THE FUCKING RULES.

And I said single enemy encounters, meaning one guy vs the entire party. Single big enemies are screwed over in most systems because action economy exists in a variety of systems. Essentially every D&D derivative, 40k RPGs, Eclipse Phase, L5R, and more suffer from the issue because initiative being cycles and not reactive results in this.

cheaters will be a problem with any system

So /pfg/, how do you play a lich?
>Wizard who just wanted to keep being a nerd for eternity
>Evil dickbag necromancer(aka the classic)
>Necromancer who just wants to be friends forever and ever and ever and ever
>Just wanted to see what happens
>Insane but harmless and casts stupid shit everywhere like prestidigitation on the forest to make it look like it's on fire, or raised the graveyard to have a stupid harvest festival party and spook the village

Most generals avoid shit and shitposters.
/pfg/ on the other hand is a dog, and enjoys rolling in it.

>the kineticist blasts apart half the enemies before they get close
Dude, you were doing so well. You probably could have kept the bait going for a while if you hadn't shown your cards like this.