Warhammer Fantasy General

Bretonnia is Best edition.

Previous thread: →

>1d4chan
1d4chan.org/wiki/Category:Warhammer_Fantasy

>Newbie Introduction to Warhammer Fantasy (Download, start reading at page 174 for the story and all the races)
mediafire.com/download/i330182xo9b1hsi/Rulebook (Hardback).pdf

>Warhammer Wikis
whfb.lexicanum.com/wiki/Main_Page
warhammerfb.wikia.com/wiki/Warhammer_Wiki
warhammeronline.wikia.com/wiki/Warhammer_Online_Wiki

>Resources (Armybooks, Supplements, Fluff, Crunch, etc, for both WFB and WFRP)
pastebin.com/8rnyAa1S
pastebin.com/0e6RuQux

>Endhammer
1d4chan.org/wiki/Endhammer

>9th Age
the-ninth-age.com

>Total War: Warhammer
store.steampowered.com/app/364360/

>End Times: Vermintide
store.steampowered.com/app/235540/

>Mordheim: City of the Damned
store.steampowered.com/app/276810/

>Bloodbowl 2
store.steampowered.com/app/236690/

>Man O' War
store.steampowered.com/app/344240/

>Third Party Miniature Manufacturers
pastebin.com/CvGaNyrk

>List of Warhammer recommended proxies
the-ninth-age.com/lexicon/index.php?lexicon/462-the-9th-age-miniature-library/

>Tomb Kings Range reborn!
tabletop-miniatures-solutions.com
indiegogo.com/projects/tms-undying-dynasties-army-release#/

Other urls found in this thread:

windsofchaos.com/wp-content/uploads/tew/tew_v2.pdf
madalfred.com/scenarios/EmpireAtWar.pdf
scribd.com/doc/220147580/The-Enemy-Within-A-Companion
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>Winds of Chaos: 2e stats for Mistaken Identity and Shadow Over Bogenhafen
windsofchaos.com/wp-content/uploads/tew/tew_v2.pdf

>Empire at War
madalfred.com/scenarios/EmpireAtWar.pdf

>The Enemy Within GM Supplement
scribd.com/doc/220147580/The-Enemy-Within-A-Companion

Helpful Enemy Within books.

To what extent is a Chaos Warrior's power their own? Comparing a base chaos warrior with an elite yet ordinary human, the stat difference appears to be +1 WS, T, I and A. If a Chaos Warrior decides to renounce the dark gods for whatever reason. Would they lose these stat increases or just the chaos armor and mark of chaos?

It depends on what kind of gifts they've received from their patron(s) and any mutations they've gained along the way. Most of their physical prowess is through their own actions, so long as it isn't from a mutation anyway. If one were to renounce their gifts, and wasn't struck down or hunted by daemons for the rest of his days, then he'd still be imposing and powerful, but substantially less.

Lord Mortkin, a Chaos Lord mentioned in the 8th edition rule book, renounced the gods as he was determined to die a man and not a slave. The Chaos Gods took away their gifts and he was killed shortly after.

Welp, need some lore help. Some Kislev issues came up in my campaign and I need information.

So Kislev is composed of the Ungols and the Gospodars, with the former the original inhabitants and the latter the conquering invaders. The Realm of the Ice Queen sourcebook states that Sigmar signed a treaty with the Ungols for mutual defense, and they held up their end of the bargain at Black Fire Pass among other places. But is there any record of the Empire aiding the Ungols against the Gospodars? The book seems to imply that the Gospodars were never seen as un-Kislevian by the Empire, despite the fact that they were actively slaughtering the Kislevites.

whats up with the TW thread?
why is it so full of autism?

Because WHFB is cancer.

Because of rapefags and cunts who insist that elves should look like comfy kawaii animu desu NEETs instead of ayy lmaos.

Kinda hate how they played Malekith and the dark elves as straight up bad guys instead of more pragmatic, arrogant Dr. Doom types. Malekith could be a "ends justify means" pragmatic guy who is not above getting his hands dirty when he needs do, but overall just focused on building up his power and eventually retaking Ulthuan. The dark elves should be an extreme version of what Malektih would have turned the elves into if he was king. Highly militant conquerors who view themselves as the sole inheritors of the world. Instead we get the dark lord of the black spiky Murderelves ruling from the capital of Rapistan

shoudln't a Bretonnia edition be called

>Warhammer Fantasy Lord

why bow down to Empire? General is Empire character.

So that people can find it using the search function.

T9A 1.2 sorta made heroes more accessible, to me at least, so my Vermin Swam (aka Skaven) list sports all four Chiefs (aka Chieftains) and a couple Machinists (aka Warlock Engineers), in addition to regular Tyrant (aka Warlord) general and a Magister (aka Grey Seer)

that's good tactic for ratties, right? cheap characters everywhere, boosting Ld, wrecking stuff up and getting into peoples' faces?

What thread? I'm not seeing it.

By "TW" thread, are you referring to the Total War general thread on Veeky Forums? If that's the case then, well, if you regularly browse those threads, you'll see someone post a copypasta about anime NEET wood elves every time a new edition of that thread is posted, often accompanied, preceded or followed by Wood Elf/Beastmen/Skarsnik/Skaven shitposting.

>By "TW" thread, are you referring to the Total War general thread on Veeky Forums?
No, I'm asking him what thread, thinking it was here on Veeky Forums. Though you made me check out the thread on Veeky Forums, video games surely bring some new memes and autism on the table.

There still has to be a reason behind character spamming.
Engineers only have ld5 and won't boost the leadership of anything but slaves (where their buff bound spells are wasted.
Having a grey seer and multiple engineers means a lot of redundance in the magic phase.
Lots of chieftains might be useful since they fight a lot better than your R&F, but it's hard to gauge in theorycrafting.

So in the previous thread I asked what would be the motivation of a dwarf warband in Mordheim apart from the "shiny, booze, gold" reasons,and two kind anons suggested that it could be either a dwarf party searching for stolen dwarven artifacts or a noble making money to rise an army ti retake his hold. I decided toconbime the two ideas into one and the result is this one:
>A dwarf warband were the leader is trying to rise funds to reclute an army to retake his home
>Acompanied by a bunch of miscelanious dwarves (relatives, oathsworn colleges, adventures, hired swords, etc)
>One of the dwarves is searching for artifacts as well as helpingthe noble (could be the engineer/loremaster)
>And a trollslayer or two seeking out a heroic death
Among them is this fello, both to give a "The 13th Warrior" vibe and as a hired sword/loremaster/engineer.
Thoughts?

sound interesting

Hoe would you make a kind of 7 samurai mordheim warband? Which warband would be best suited for it? Most rely a lot on numbers (since even +3 armour is fucking pointless when a Skaven shitling can punch you with 2 daggers, score a single crit, and outright ignore it for no adequately explained reason.) So how effective could you make it?

I was looking through the warbands, but none of them seem "elite" enough, if that makes sense. Am I missing something?

Well, I made one by accident once.

A lizardmen warband, had 4 Skink heroes and 3 Saurus heroes, nothing else. Got a weird mix of dead henchmen and Lads got talent. These 7 guys were pimped the fuck out though. The wizard was ridiculously good, and the 3 Skinks would either kill you with super javelins or destroy you in close combat with a spear and a buckler, all at S4, and the Saurus, hoo boy. One was T5 and had the skill that gave them +1 against shooting attacks (practically impossible to hurt with shooting) and all of them had toughened hide so they never got hurt.

You are also wrong - that 5+ scaly skin, plus light armour and shield, made them borderline unkillable. Few things can reliably deal with T5 and +3 saves when the Saurus also has that roar thing that makes them hit you at -1.

It helped that they all had WS4 or more. One of the Lads got WS5, so pretty much everything hit him at 5+, wounded him on 6s, and cried at his 3+ armour save and step aside.... and only being out of action on a 6.

how do Norscans and other barbarians maintain such numbers? such harsh climate, constant in-fighting and raiding, mutations, diseases (even more than regular barbarians would have due to Nurgle), no medicine, non-Slaaneshi WoC being uninterested in sex, poor treatment of women - all of that would drive any people into extinction, but these have enough to attack the Empire constantly. what gives? are they breeding like rabbits?

oh, and I forgot malnutrition

Hardship breeds toughness.

As far as I'm aware the barborous north is full with wild beasts that provide an excellent nutritious source. Not to mention that Norsca is surrounded by seas which at least to my understanding are teeming with all manner of life which can be utilised as good food source.

For medicine and help against diseases they can turn to their tribal shamans, local sorcerers or Papa Nurgle himself.

Mutations are seen as gifts and the vast multitude of them are not something that would directly endanger the mutant.

While the WoC perhaps might not be interested in sex they make up a really small minority of the whole population. The numerous majority is comprised of resonably ordinary folks who you can bet are quite interested in the odd hump in the hay.

Poor treatment of women in the sense that they are viewed as lessers have never been a danger to society. If anything poor treatment of women tend to correlate with controlling them for reproductive purposes.

poor treatment of women in the sense that they are raped and/or beaten regularly, with no regard to whether they are pregnant

I agree completely.
I started playing Dark elves in the 6th edition because I love the design and the framework of their background.

But murdering and torturing each and everything including themselves just because is simply ridiculous.
They just should have kept them closer to the original Nagarythean design. The distinction to the rest of Ulthuan was already there before the cults turned them into edgeelves.

Any word on the 'Bretonnians are ghouls' meme? What's up with that?

You could have a very dominant magic phase, I guess. I kind of hate that scaven get shamenism.

norscans have litters

alternatively, norscans aren't actually human, they sprout up like arctic mildew

I run Thaumaturgy for now though. Skaven using what basically is "holy magic" lore breathed new life into my army. Now my rats are verminous paladins of the Horned Rat. Tech-paladins. Even Plague Monks now fit perfectly, while before their fanatical natures seemed out of place in my rational Skryre army.

What reason do you have for claiming that they would do that to their own women?

uhm, because they are chaos-worshipping barbarian scum, with zero empathy or honour?

Actually, going by the Valkia and Wulfrik novel, Norse women are treated very well. The Norse are less sexist than the Southerners.

I seem to recall them being somewhat egalitarian.
I was initially excited for druidism in beastmen, but it seems p weak. I also hate evokation, it makes no sense.

The numbers aren't as impressive when you look at how massive the northern wastes are compared to the old world. Those massive age defining chaos incursions are actually pretty rare and are decades to centuries apart. Chaos hordes are basically tribes from thousands of miles around joining together for a sigmar purpose.

There's also the Roppsmen, in addition to Ungols and Gospodars.

The Empire has not helped the Ungols fight the Gospodar. The Gospodar are the ruling class/ethnicity of Kislev.

massive incursions are rare, yeah, but smaller raids are constant

yeah, strange choice. Occultism or Witchcraft would've made more sense.

In "City of the Damned", the Be'lakor who is the process of freeing himself displays some of his power.

He says to him death and time have no meaning and then opens a portal to the Realm of Chaos and pulls from it the very same daemonic possessed Skaven abomination that Gotrek killed a while back. Now Gotrek is facing two identical monstrosities one from the past and the other from the future. This solves the previous mystery on how the beast could be two places at once.

So let me ask a question. How come this manipulation of time doesn't cause a time paradox which destroys reality?

Did you read the End Times? The Norseman were like a flood over the world. Ceaseless and endless hordes. Billions of them. The South stood no chance.

>End Times

You seem to have swallowed the Church of Sigmar's propaganda a bit to much. Have you ever tried your hands at studying the real deal and embracing your true chaotic nature? It's quite refreshing I'll have you know!

Would you play a World of Darkness style urban fantasy game that uses elements from Warhammer Fantasy lore?

Ghouls are inbred.

So are Bretonnians mostly.

Chaos Warriors are.

Most Norscans are vikings. As in viking villagers, who do not leave home and live ordinary lives.

Because Chaos. Chaos has only one rule, which is There Are As Many Elves As The Plot Demands. Meaning it works however the author wants it to, and does not have to be consistent or have continuity.

Can I be a Goblin?

Yes, you can be a goblin.

Then I'd give it a go.

Is it WHRP in the modern day, or VtM in the Empire in the era of Karl Franz?

Warhammer Fantasy in the modern age.

>Warhammer Fantasy in the modern age.

How would that even work?

>Empire has 18 nukes but can't build more
>Dwarfs and Skaven colonise space
>Elves still use spear and swords, but Druchii have floating skyscrapers

Well, it wouldn't really work like WHFB, where there's constant war. I don't think a "constant war" setting could work in the modern age. It would be more like WoD, with magic and the more destructive factions forced underground. It would be better suited to role-playing than strategy battle.

Somehow the Polar Warp Gate is partially sealed and humans become the dominant race in the world. The Winds of Magic blow weakly and humans are forced to depend more and more on technology. Only the races with the greatest magical aptitude can still harness the weakened Winds. The Lizardmen are satisfied that their work on earth is complete and head to the stars, though they may continue to subtly guide human politics, much like the reptilians of UFO lore. The other species of the world must either become a part of the new human world or go underground. Chaos Cults remain in the shadows, as do the Skaven and Vampires. Dwarfs, Ogres, Halflings and some Elves inhabit the modern metropolises of the Old World. Even Goblins might find a way to exist on the margins of this society.

An alternative to the Winds of Magic could be dangerous "Wyrd Reactor" technology. These reactors release magical energy as a pollutant, which can then be harnessed by mages. If they meltdown, they open a short-lived portal into the Realm of Chaos and Daemons spill out into the mortal world.

Not sure how Orcs, Dark Elves or Wood Elves would deal with all this.

Why not just an alternate universe where cultural stagnation happened in the 2000's instead of 1500's? Don't need to explain it any more than that.

Some stuff doesn't need to be explained. Greenskins breed via war, but in Blood Bowl there is no war. So only Orc BB players and post-game rioters breed, or you just don't explain it.

>Beastmen
Terrorists, rednecks, chavs
>Bretonnia
EU
>Empire
Also EU, argues with Brets on tariffs
>Dwarfs
Also EU, the angry part that hates kebab
>Dark Elves
'Murrica
>High Elves
Also 'Murrica, play it like the batshit insane divided American politics
>Wood Elves
Slavs
>Warriors
Russians
>Kislev
Ukrainians
>Cathay
China, with more robots
>Tomb Kings
Saudis
>Vampires
Economic Illuminati, megacorps
>Lizardmen
Political illuminati
>Skaven
The internet Illuminati, hackers
>Daemons
Religious Illuminati, cults

I cringed.

It's time to stop posting.

>Why not just an alternate universe where cultural stagnation happened in the 2000's instead of 1500's? Don't need to explain it any more than that.

That would probably work better. I don't think culture would have to be stagnant, but a Blood Bowl style parallel universe would allow more creative freedom.

Found the Ulthuafat.

>though they may continue to subtly guide human politics

It's just like in my /pol/ threads

David Icke was on that shit long before /pol/