Be me

>be me
>walk into the local card/comic book shop to buy a gift for my 8 year old nephew
>instantly greeted with uproarious laughter of inbred looking teens and manchildren
>nearly deaf
>look around to see these autists socializing playing tabletop and card games
>some guy sleeping on a couch
>all males except for 2 girls
>a girl on her shitty laptop and another sitting next to a guy, which is probably her boyfriend, watching a card game while playing a 3ds
>both are butt ugly would not bang material
>walk by the tables on the way to the counter
>their combined body odor stench sizzles my nose hairs and makes me nauseous
>guy behind the counter is some middle aged dude who gloats over these low-lives asskissing him because he's the owner
>ask for a box of the most recent set of yu gi oh booster packs
>don't want to initiate conversation
>"you should come by on thursdays we hold yu gi oh tournaments"
>say i don't play and it's just a gift for my nephew
>purchase the cards
>turn towards the exit to see in the center of the walkway some teenage faggot waving his hands around another guy's face making weird noises, and the other guy is just standing there trying to make a poker face
>autism levels are exceeding the limit
>their group of friends are laughing
>annoyed and angry i walk around them and leave

it is hell going in those shops. i should have ordered online. i hope you guys aren't like this.

>A bunch of I find disgusting people are having fun.
>It's obvious that their behavior was disgusting

Op, had they acted like normal people you would have found some other reason to hate them anyway. I think that The only point of this sorry is so you can feel all high and mighty about being better than a bunch of grognards (big fucking accomplishment).

>I'm so superior and mature
>posting on esteemed Internet Illuminati headquarters Veeky Forums
It's like you actually think you're better than them, OP.

I have two shops.

The first is the one I've gone to for awhile now, and I always try to buy my singles through him first. The magic crowd is pretty cool save for a few outliers. The YGO crowd is pretty shitty. Hell, the guy who used to run it was fired for stealing, and some other morons broke in and only took a few boxes. The smell you've described is from the YGO people. I can't walk in there on Saturdays. Otherwise, the people there are shockingly normal for the most part.

The second store is a lot more laid back. It's new and so are most of the players. There is a smell policy on the door, and the owner said there were a few offenders that have since been taken care of. The most prominent game is magic, but DnD and board games are popular. It's very chill. However, I have never seen so many stereotypes in one place. You name it, it's there. Still, I enjoy it there.

>saying you're better than human pieces of filth
That's how I can tell you're a grognard making a poor attempt to troll people. Normies don't tell other people about how or when they encountered human filth. They just try to forget it ever happened.

>The smell you've described is from the YGO people
could have been. i didn't pay attention to what game they were playing

>There is a smell policy on the door
the fact that this is a universal issue is not surprising

take a shower

>some guy sleeping on a couch

This has been me a few times.

Actually this

All the chairs at my 2nd lgs are super comfy and there is a theater section in the back with amazing recliners you can sleep in

no shame. sad. nobody wants to see your flabby passed out body.

We're pretty lucky where I live, we have two shops. One of them is really clean and professional. The only time you have to avoid it is during Friday night magic when the ultra competitive super nerds come out who spend thousands on a single deck. The other one is repulsive. Everything is stained and smells fucking terrible. It has the ultra nerds like the place you were talking about.

>implying that as a Veeky Forums shitposter you're a well-adjusted and socially capable individual

>I hate myself: the thread

>Played miniature wargames as a kid
>Only guy who kept at it as a hobby
>Being an adult, having a family, friends and job
>Stumbles in to "old gang" of friends I grew up with
>All of which are grossly overweight, bad hygiene and no sense of how to act in the civilized world
>Realise its the same kids 25 years ago, they just never grew up from being kids.
>"You should come hang around with us guys and play!" *quietly withdraw myself and leaves...

When did it go so wrong?

Veeky Forums doesn't use "flgs" anymore. the heyday was the 90s till the second bush administration. sure there was autism, but a lot of the people there were mature and respectful.

Now that they have wifi, kiddos lurk and play leggo legends all day

What country dyou guys shop? I presume it's in some urban area too. I live city centre in Scotland, and erryone in these kinds of shops just seem like normal-ass guys, goths, and some nice kids (except maybe one chav)

>be me
I'm sorry.

the u.s.

>thousands
no competetive deck outside vintage cost thousands you mouthbreather

Different user, but legacy Lands,BUG delver, Miracles, Aluren, Jund, Rug Delver, Shardless, Death/stoneblade are all over 2 thousand dollars.

It's a CCG. If they want to spend thousands of dollars on a single deck, that's their choice.

That being said, the last time anyone bragged about their deck price, I smoked their $2500 Golgari deck with my $100 Merfolk deck in Modern, 3 games out of 3.

Last week my friend went to a FNM with a precon that he bought shortly after he walked into the door, and won every single match he played that night.

Money might supplement skill, but it does not replace it.

How on earth did that happen? I would think that a GB rock deck would handily beat a merfolk deck, thanks to abrupt decay being generaly stupid.

Also, i'm actually curious how you would build a merfolk deck with no curse-catchers, vials, caverns, or mutavaults. My first thought is something more delvery, but idk.
Got a decklist?

That's a damn lie and if you had any friends you'd know it.

His GB deck did a lot of damage to his life total by running a playset of Bobs. Plus the Fetches and Shocks did helped whittle his life total down, but not as fast as my Merfolk did.

Spreading Seas on his Overgrown Tombs really helped my Fish go through unblocked, and it crippled his mana production. He *also* made the mistake of running 4 Phyrexian Obliterators, and turning just one of his lands into an Island kept that BBBB casting cost *just* out of reach for him.

I don't run Cursecatchers because I mostly run 2 drop 'folk in my deck. I don't own any Cavern of Souls, as I find them overrated.

AEther Vials I picked up back when they were cheaper (I pulled two in packs years ago and they sat in my binder since Mirrodin, and the other two I got in a trade when they were a whopping $15 each). Mutavaults I actually shelled out the cash for, and at $30 for a playset, that made up almost a third of the cost of my deck. Let me find it and I will get you a whole list.

16 Island
4 Mutavaults

4 Silvergill Adept
4 Lord of Atlantis
4 Master of the Pearl Trident
4 Merrow Reejerey
4 Coralhelm Commander

4 Cold-Eyed Selkie
4 Hidden Strings
4 AEther Vial
4 Spreading Seas
4 Harbinger of the Tides

No Sideboard used against his GB garbage deck.

You meant the price you got the deck at instead of what it's at now? That makes sense, my bad.
I just was thinking that with vial at nearly 40 now, that seems really hard.

Yeah, that's the point; I only care how much money I invested into my deck; I don't care what any of the cards are "worth" unless I am deconstructing the deck and trying to trade/sell them. If I buy something at $8 and it jumps up to $40 years later, my wallet didn't lose another $32 to match the card price.

And this guy *literally* spent $2500 on his deck. I didn't believe him until he showed me the list and the compiled online receipts from the websites he bought the cards from. He was somehow *proud* of spending that much money. If I dropped *that* much cash on a deck that can't win a single game against Budget Merfolk, I'd honestly be embarrassed; I wouldn't keep the online printouts in my bag to show everyone evidence that I have more dollars than sense....

Why wouldn't you just order online like a normal person?

It was always empty until they replaced half their stock with awful normalfag-oriented merchandise.

>Be 8 year old me
>Slightly into YGO, mostly just light the pretty animu cards
>check out new local gamestore
>New as in "up for less than a week"
>"FUCK YOU FUCKING FAGGOT"
>Large drunk bearded man is screaming in the back
>Several ham planets are huddled in a corner, talking way too loud about what I now know to be Ravnica, but with waaay too much focus on Niv's uh, assets
>Cashier is smoking and half asleep
And that's why I now play online.

America. Presumably, that's the problem, but I can't get the funds to hop across the pond to see if European game stores really are as nice as legend says.

I'm exactly like that

>Normies don't tell other people about how or when they encountered human filth. They just try to forget it ever happened.
interesting outside observation, friendo

From Northern England, can confirm that they are fucking amazing.

The only problem is that if you want to play wargames, you can either play warhammer at GW or warmahordes somewhere else and you can't find an rpg group that isn't D&D (and even then, they'll usually be Adventurer's League once a week and that's it).

The stores themselves are great and there's a huge card game scene (an ex-friend of mine actually managed to find decent players at Friday Night Magic) and the staff/customers are more friendly than you make America out to be.

>tfw you will never enjoy a clean friendly British flgs
>tfw doomed to get sweated on by greasy spazs who probably do horrible things to children and small animals forever
It hurts.

And even if there are spergs, they'll seem classier than American spergs thanks to their accents.

I know man Geek Retreat is quite chill, Glasgow assuming here, no others I can think of to sit down in though. Edinburgh game shop/cafes always look great whenever I'm through, wish I stayed there.

>you can't find an rpg group that isn't D&D (and even then, they'll usually be Adventurer's League once a week and that's it).
What the fuck? I thought that D&D's popularity paled in Europe in comparison to that one German RPG whose name currently escapes me.

i drive by the card shop everyday on the way to work. i didn't know it was going to be an autistic sausage fest.