Rad Marines and the Doom Derby

A little while ago we were having a thread on chainfists, but within that was some great fun creating two opposing factions

On one side, the Shred Lords, the most radical and tubular marines to every shred through the gnarly waves of the imperium. White scars successors.

On the other, the Doom Derby, a bunch of chaos sisters with chain-skates.

And the two factions were fighting over DOOMRIDER'S head

I thought that was some fun shit, and I'd like to continue fluffing them both out.

we were working on the color scheme of the Shred Lords last i remember.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=i9t6IqYtccs
1d4chan.org/wiki/Space_Marine_Chapter_Creation_Tables#Chapter_Homeworld_and_its_Properties
youtube.com/watch?v=QsWlKOwqlD4
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>Special ability: Hurricane Grind
Close combat move. The Terminator runs a short distance, jumps and grinds multiple adjacent targets with his power chainfists before landing.

"Feel the wipeout of the Righteous, poseurs!" - Famous battlecry by Bro Cap'n Brody Slater

Rolled 2 (1d10)

Neon Blue is a must; perhaps we could also give them different helmet (something inspired by standard safety helmets for one squad; another wears only Aviators, and another wears motorcycle helmets and jackets, ect)
Also rolling for inspiration.

Rolled 12 (1d100)

...Well our founding involves the future; maybe we were founded to ensure that the White Scars free spirit would continue forever and went a bit... overboard?
Also suggesting a Black Rage like state of Bullet Time but the cost is that they loose their radical spirit - becoming cold and emotionless, almost like robots unable to say anything but
"Whoa."

Rolled 5 (1d10)

34th Millennium, not bad.

>Losing their radical spirit

thats totally bogus dude.

skipping over progenitor roll because we know that we're white scars but how pure is that gene seed?

Rolled 5 (1d10)

Thus such a state is feared above all else as: Selling out.

Also we're as pure as the White Scars. Rad

Not sure what to use this roll for

Demeanor? We know our demeanor. It is that of RADNESS.

So how about gene seed mutation

And of course, we are pure. As the bodacious emperor himself would will it.

Rolled 2 (1d10)

Rolled 3 (1d100)

We're distrusted. Probably because of the talking daemon head we keep fighting over those bogus sisters with.

Whatever man. The inquisition doesn't understand what being radical is truly like.

Whats our fucking chapter legend tho

...We're so rad we leave nothing in our wake. Perfect for building Mini-Malls and skating on!

Rolled 86 (1d100)

Rolled 4, 5 = 9 (2d10)

A squad sergeant? Well what company and squad

Rolled 23 (1d100)

And what was his radical deed?

Is this the anthem of the Rad Marines?

youtube.com/watch?v=i9t6IqYtccs

Rolled 31 (1d100)

He was a slayer of Orcs, on a totally radical scale

whats our homeworld like bros?

Rolled 81 (1d100)

dice+1d100
1d4chan.org/wiki/Space_Marine_Chapter_Creation_Tables#Chapter_Homeworld_and_its_Properties
We're at that point on the tables, for those confused.

Going to dump everything from the previous thread here.

New Chapter: the Rad Marines. Basically skater punk marines that focus on Radical close combat.

One of them rides a mini-longboard that's shaped like a Lemann Russ with Chain-Treads
the most radical and extreme close combat son.

it needs to be fucking gnarly.
What if they're from White Scars, and they keep Doomrider's talking head around. They basically splintered off after talking to Doomrider too much, and while they're not heretical, they've decided to live life on the edge more.
What if we make both a thing. They're like sworn enemies or something, but it comes off as them being rivals. Doom Derby wants their Daemon Prince back, Rad Marines want to keep their trophy, despite its demands for cocaine, a straw, and a Catachan woman's ass.(Doomrider has sophisticated tastes in his women... also you need well toned glutes to hold an amount of cocaine that Doomrider considers adequate)

Part of the chapter initiation involves putting on a pair of gnarly shades and never, ever taking them off. Wearing them even under their helmets.

Apothecaries carry spares to put on corpses that have lost them, so that even in death they're still rad.
>EVEN IN DEATH I'M STILL RAD
>shut up brother we get it
>YOU DON'T UNDERSTAND, I MUST BE THE MOST RADICAL DREAD
All Rad Marine dreadnoughts are to be referred to as Shrednoughts
They habitually shorten "Brother" into "Bro", even when it comes to ranks.

Hence each company is lead by a "Bro Captain".
Shred Lords
>chapter master splinter
>brother-captain Donatello
They're all versed in Martial bare handed combat, hence the reason the strap chain swords to their feet. They're Martial Artists with Radical Moves, making the TMNT references even more fitting. Also why they can ride a Leman Russ Board and maintain balance on the field of combat.
>"Bros, the Codex Astartes says we should use chainswords, but it doesn't say where we need to hold them..."

I can just imagine the sheer horror of a Tech-Priest or some other Mechanus when they see the state of a chain-skate after they were used to do WHAT?!?!

Bro-Dex Astartes
>Dude, the Brodex Astartes does not approve of this unradical behavior
also, their guns must be Leifeildian abominations

>Bro-Chaplin, i find my spirit to be in a major funk, how can i get out of this.
>Worry not, dude, the Emperor's most excellent designs will carry us onwards towards a far out victory. Just be chill fellow bro and we'll all be just copacetic.
>Thank you, Bro-Chaplain, i can feel myself growing more chill with the Emperor's grace
>Right on little bro.

>Bro-Captain i have terrible news, due to a time disruption in the warp the Chapter Founder of the Shred Lords no longer exists!
>Whoa Inq, that's a far out, most existential crisis.
>That's right, a demonic incursion has gotten in the way of the founders parents meeting, i need to send you back in time to make sure they get together and give birth to the founder!
>Alright, am I to go on this totally bunk mission alone?
>Nah, Bro Ted, one of your gnarly Bros will accompany you.
>Righteous! There's no one else I'd rather have than Bro Bill... He would turn this into a most excellent adventure.

>a squad of scout marines on Land Boards hold onto the back of a Rhino/Land Speeder to get around
>Their idea of a ranged siege attack is to speed up the land speeder, suddenly stop, and the then have the marines grab some sick air jumping off ramps set at the back of the speeder
>Sickus Airus
Variant of Death from Above except instead of using jump packs, the Assault Space Marines uses DAoT hover boards to execute intricate gnarly tactical moves while in the air to reduce chances of the enemy shooting them down.

>Totalus Bogus
A special ability by the Chapter Librarian that when used, dumbfounds the enemy for one turn. Often paired with Sickus Airus

Can we work Graffiti into their tactics some how? I just have this hilarious image of them skating circles around a larger enemy and painting FoR tHe EmPrAH across their armor plating.
They definitely use graffiti, they put their radical chapter mark all over conquered cities

If you guys are going for EXTREME marines, why not do a variation of Tony Hawk's logo as a chapter emblem? Maybe even with the old beakie helmets? Tony Hawk is still one of the most radical motherfuckers out there.

Nah Bro, his head is more like a Hackey sack. We actually did that once... Chapter Master Hawk got pretty mad at us for it, he hates having his record broken. Even DoomRider gets into it, keeping track of the score for us.
I love the idea of Doomrider being cool with Loyalists as long as they are RAD

>Doom Derby homebrew for Black Crusade
>Shred Lord homebrew for Deathwatch
I dearly hope that we live in the timeline where this happens

Chapter Master Anthony Hawk

they're probably dedicated to fighting the forces of Slaanesh. Their whole ideology is that, hey, having fun isn't evil. It's ok to enjoy yourself some of the time, without going full blown Chaos and Indulgence. They're extremely resistant to Slaaneshi temptation because they understand the necessity of moderation... even while being totally X-treme!

Posting "Inspirational" stuff:
youtube.com/watch?v=QsWlKOwqlD4

>Bro Don, who, instead of becoming a standard Shrednought, decided to become a sentient Land Raider or other vehicl, in order to allow the other Shrednoughts to still experience the glory of boarding.

Here's the Marine Template, for those that are interested.

Do we even need to roll for it? I mean, it's pretty obvious that they're from a Hive World on an oceanic planet, thus the Surfing and the Boarding.

Bump

Thanks for that, I was going to look for one myself. I know I promised more colors and tests and stuff in the last thread, but I have been quite busy, will get stuff done and up when I can.

This thread is totally excellent.

>All Rad Marine dreadnoughts are to be referred to as Shrednoughts
topkek

how about this for a chapter symbol?

One of their catch-phrases should be "Skateboarding is not Heretical."

I kind of liked the modified Tony Hawk logo we had in the last thread.

Same

I agree.

Alright, so assuming no one disagrees with the Hive World(which I think should be Air Gear as Fuck) up next is Rule of Homeworld... honestly I imagine these guys as less rulers and more underground celebrities. You see them skating around, they're pretty good guys to everyone, they'll share a Surge with you, but you'd never expect them to be in charge of much. They have the authority, but of course they never use it. Too chill for that.

After that... we've already established their tactics and organization, so up next is Specialties. Can I get a few rolls up in here?

Bumpity

how about from time to time a certain foot clan tries to take over controll?

Rolled 6 (1d10)

Chapter organisation

Rolled 10 (1d10)

We're divergent and RAD.

Rolled 9 (1d10)

...We terrify foes with our radical moves?

of course we' are, we are rad as fuck

Rolled 22 (1d100)

Going off the above three posts, we're divergent and terrifying. No one can handle our rad moves. Next, I roll for special equipment.

Modified Jump packs, sounds gnarly bros. Someone roll for our, like, spiritual beliefs.

Was bored. Radically bored.

that's rad bro
although I'd go for shades or a beanie cap of sorts

That's cool as fuck.

I'm pretty sure covers this already:

>They're probably dedicated to fighting the forces of Slaanesh. Their whole ideology is that, hey, having fun isn't evil. It's ok to enjoy yourself some of the time, without going full blown Chaos and Indulgence. They're extremely resistant to Slaaneshi temptation because they understand the necessity of moderation... even while being totally X-treme!

Though another roll couldn't hurt. Rolling

I'm pretty sure their special equipment is Chan-skates and Chain-boards, but no reason we can't have a jump pack or two as well.

Well, you have Marines whose standard combat practice is jumping around like a maniac and roundhouse kicking someone with a chain-sword strapped to their feet. Wouldn't you be terrified?

>Be Me. Be Hive World Citizen.
>Suffer from Erectile Dysfunction. Medicine does nothing. Marriage ended because of it.
>One day, hear that Chaos forces are invading home.
>gotta evacuate... gotta get to shelter.
>Too Late.
>Suddenly, I see the most beautiful woman in the world.
>she beckons me over with her claw, her purple skin glistening in the light.
>Walk towards her. Hard instantly. I can get my life back! I can get Sheila back!
>She leans down as if to kiss me.
>suddenly hear th sound of buzzing blades overhead.
>MOST RADICAL DUUUUUUUDE!!!
>Purple goddess is now gone. In her place is the neon metal ass-crack of some Maniac in power armor.
>he revs his Chain-skates, coating me in dirt, blood, and Goddess bits.
>THE EMPRAH PROTECTS DUDE!!!
>look down. See the remains of the goddess.
>Throw up.
>Willy is no longer hard. In fact, he gives up the ghost on ever being hard again.
>ScarredForLife.jpg

Rolling

Ah, fuck. I keep screwing up the formatting.