What are some good non OSR dungeon crawling games?

what are some good non OSR dungeon crawling games?

Other urls found in this thread:

img.4plebs.org/boards/tg/image/1379/11/1379115013911.pdf
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

I'm honestly stumped. That's sort of like asking if there's a game about angsty vampire intrigue that isn't World of Darkness.

There's torchbearer, but it's a dense story game.

Depends on how loose your OSR definition is and what areas you find OSR lacking.

Some alternatives, in order of crunch: GURPS Dungeon Fantasy, Savage Worlds Fantasy Companion, Strike!

If you want a game that's focused on dungeon crawling you really can't go wrong with OSR games.

Make You Kingdom.

Yes

Hero Quest

I just discovered BFRPG and with the extra class/race supplements on it's webpage, I'm thinking about switching my group over to it after this LotFP campaign.

Yes, or stick with LotFP? What are the pros and cons you see to either?

Or crack open my DCC book and go gonzo again?

They're not really that much different. Both are basically the same thing as B/X D&D.

A Red and Pleasant Land.

Basic Fantasy is my favorite OSR
The only thing i think it lacks are more character classes

Night Wizard would work pretty well as a dungeon crawler.

Night Wizard doesn't work well as anything.

I found a game named x-crawl but i dont know if it is OSR or a supplement for 3.5

care to provide explanation of the game and a pdf?

GURPS Dungeon Fantasy
Torchbearer
I enjoyed Fantasy Hero but I wouldn't recommend it to most people

The only problem with those games rigth now is that i dont have a lot of prep time, just like this day and part of tomorrow,i am a fast reader but i dont think i can grasp all the rules of these high crunch games

>GURPS Dungeon Fantasy
>OpenQuest
>4e
>5e

GURPS Dungeon Fantasy is pretty easy to understand. Unlike standard GURPS everything is already chosen out of the box, so it's not like it requires much or any work as a GM beforehand. The templates make everything super easy for players as well.

img.4plebs.org/boards/tg/image/1379/11/1379115013911.pdf

The entire world is a dungeon.
The PCs are landmakers, carving a kingdom out of the rooms and corridors of the Endless Dungeon.
Each session, the Landmaker Court assembles for some kingdom building and then prepares to explore and beat up the ruler of a dungeon area consisting of one or more 3x3 maps, just like their own kingdom. Depending on how well they do, they can either expand their kingdom until it rivals one of the Four Great Powers or lose followers to the various hazards lurking in the dungeon until their kingdom is no more.

It's not. It's a setting thing where the standard D&D setting goes to the modern day and dungeon crawls become a weird televised sports event.

Rune Quest
Call of Cthulhu

so i can play it using any dnd?