/bgg/ - Board Games General

/bgg/ - Board Games General

Previous
Resources (reviewers, Veeky Forums groups, good online vendors, game accessories)
pastebin.com/NA2W929q

What did you play last weekend?

What's at the top of your wishlist?

What's your opinion on co-op games?

Other urls found in this thread:

boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/98918/bios-genesis
gaming.youtube.com/watch?v=xRbQ3RMaObo&
aliexpress.com/item/Free-shipping-fun-interesting-family-game-board-game-entertain-dixit-1-2-168pcs-cards-With-English/32373960991.html?spm=2114.01010108.3.1.mIimAr&ws_ab_test=searchweb0_0,searchweb201602_2_10091_10090_10088_10089,searchweb201603_1&btsid=7594b75e-07f1-4c45-a3b0-a19808e02210
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>What did you play last weekend?
Zombicide: Black Plague

>What's at the top of your wishlist?
Age of Thieves at the moment.

>What's your opinion on co-op games?
I prefer them over most others. It's just generally more fun for the group I play with. Though, I just got my copy of Conan and that looks fun so we might end up arguing over who gets to be Overlord.

Another game of Grand Hotel Auschwitz, or maybe Austria, whatever.

It's probably the most Austrian thing I've ever experienced. You lock people in rooms they never get out of and occasionally some Austrian leader tries to destroy everything.

I want to try Great Western trail

Nice occasionally, but they often have balance issues. BSG for example was pretty fun for some games, but it got pretty boring pretty fast when trivial optimal plays emerged.

I have Age of Thieves lying just over there. Haven't opened it yet.

> What did you play last weekend?
Fury of Dracula + 2x Last Night on Earth
> What's at the top of your wishlist?
Some 3p game. I'm thinking about Maria or Three Kingdoms: Redux.
> What's your opinion on co-op games?
I like them but we play them when we need more laid-back games i.e when everybody is fatigued from playing something heavier or we play during the weekend. I mean for me coops are one step away from party-games.

>People here praise coop games
Fuck, I sure do love either awful singleplayer games where you do the only optimal move available to you or a game of completely arbitrary random chance.

Reposting from previous thread.
Hows Cutthroat Caverns base game without the expansion?

I got lots of people saying its fun but sometimes to easy or inconsistent.

Does the expansion fix that? I understoon Relics & Ruin makes the game much harder, and the added Relics give a more tactical side to the game, making it a bit less RNG reliant and a bit more consistent.

So how does the game stand on his own? does the expansion change it drastically from "wouldn't play again" to a "must have"?

> during the weekend
Err should be during the week after work. Derp.

>trivial optimal plays emerged.
What do you call optimal plays in BSG?

I'm and I was just trying to fit in, in reality coop games in our group provoke
>lmao coop
reaction.

Being roughly aware of the amount of cards of certain color in player's hands. Letting the least amount of players do the crises. Eventually resulting in cylons being choked of actions and forcing them to reveal themselves at game start, because that lets them do the most harm to humans.

I wanted to be snarky but that's actually insightful and neither I nor my group thought of that.

Then again only played BSG like 4 times.

Non-boxed games = not sure/thinking about it

Out of
> Arkham Horror
> Eldritch Horror
> Mansions of Madness

How would you rate the three?

Terraforming Mars
Gloomhaven
I don't have a strong opinion one way or another.

Okay, can you sell me on Bios: Genesis? My girlfriend is a PhD immunologist and has been looking for a game that is as scientifically accurate as possible. All I really know about this game is the rules are terribly written to the point that I can't even tell if they're as complicated as they seem.

>My girlfriend is a PhD immunologist and has been looking for a game that is as scientifically accurate as possible
Then BIOS: Genesis is perfect. It's an Eklund game and he is an actual engineer and a huge science nerd.

The game is for up to four players and everyone starts out as organic compounds. The goal is to create life.

boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/98918/bios-genesis

What did you play last weekend?
>Played Battlestar Galactica and that's about it.
What's at the top of your wishlist?
>Chaos in the Old World, I've played it and really want a copy
What's your opinion on co-op games?
>They're fun. Though people have to stay on the ball and paying attention which is frustrating when they don't.
Just curious, what does Veeky Forums think of Robinson Crusoe? So far, it's the only board game that's scratched the itch of the "arguing and planning" portion of TTRPGs. The only drawback is that there are only 4 players

>what did you play last weekend?
Had a lot more game time than usual this week. Tsuro, sushi go, zombicide bp, dominion, lords of waterdeep, fury of dracula, and some homebrew stuff.

>top of your wishlist?
First martians, project elite, mage knight, kingdom death monster. Sort of gloomhaven, but that's just waiting for it to ship.

>co-op games opinion
It varies a lot depending on who I'm playing with and the situation. Overall, I'm okay with them. I wouldn't want to only play them, but it's nice to have a game or two in between a bunch of competive stuff.

Anyone know a good resource for game scans for printing games?

>High Frontier 3rd Edition

Any news?

News? That shit got sucked into a spacetime wrinkle.

3/10, 4/10, 0/10

They're all 4 awful even for coop standards. Arkham is and always was hot garbage with a 4 hour playtime of doing nothing but drawing random events. Eldritch didn't do much fix that as make it slightly less painful. Mansions of Madness was the best of the 3 being a meh dungeon crawl until the second edition. Now it is everything wrong with modern boardgame design. You walk from room to room, chaotic bullshit happens, and the app trivializes everything "board" about the game while making it worse in every way than just letting a player control it. Because you know, when I think what makes a good second edition, I think less players and less features! Not to mention less content and yet costs MORE than first edition.

Don't expect any news until Phil announces High Frontier 4 in 2017. I'd be really interested in what an update from his new graphic designer would look like. Not because I dislike the current art, but because I think some slight tweaks could make the board and especially the cards really shine

Jack shit, unless I count 2R1B at a LAN last weekend. Cry havoc tonight.
I'm really aroused by New Angeles's rivalry-centric victory conditions, where each player only has one other player they need to beat. The pseudo-traitor mechanic needs more explanation though.
Waste of time, generally. My friends are a hundred times more entertaining when at each other's throats. Strangely, I don't hate co-op vidya nearly as much. Not really sure why.

Age of Thieves does seem pretty sweet.

Cutthroat is still pretty solid without expansions.

>If the KS publisher (OSS) who has taken the money for High Frontier 3 does not produce it by October 2017, I will cancel the contract and self-produce High Frontier 4 and donate copies to those who have not received the High Frontier 3 game from OSS.

From the man himself.

meant to reply to

Star Wars Rebellion

Honestly, right now, nothing. I have a lot of board games I've only gotten to play once or twice because its so hard to get a group together. Its usually just me and my buddy so we stick to 2 player games or co-op games that can be played with 2 people.

They're great. I love that fact I don't always have to be a scumbag AND that they can be played with two people and still be fun. Games like Mansions of Madness, Arkham Horror or Eldritch Horror are awesome and totally doable with 8 characters and 2 players.

It sucks not having a solid board game group anymore. Its just me and my buddy and hes moving back to Japan soon. =\

Pic related, this is the most fun I've had with a board game in years. The game is seriously fucking great and you don't need a huge group to play it and it still feels epic as fuck.

Played some Carcassonne with my gf. Also some onirim solo, a really good solitaire.
Currently, Santorini. Hoping that it gets here before christmas, but that's pushing it.
Good for a small filler to relax a bit. Or a meatier game when one has the right group.

>One day I will own High Frontier.
Yes.

Yes!

YES!!

Couple dozen rounds of Neuroshima Hex. Additionally some SmallWorld and Carcassone.
King of Tokyo, Mission Red Planet and Cosmic Encounter. In that order.
Mixed feelings. I played Zombicide:BP couple of times with my gf. I have to hold myself hard not to advice better option. And I simply can't look at adult people in my team making moves that result in screwing us up. I can lose on purpose with kids failing hard so learn on their mistakes.

gaming.youtube.com/watch?v=xRbQ3RMaObo&

Dice Tower clowns play TI3 livestream

>Four players
>Three rings
HOLY SHIT WHY

Because Sam is a fucking idiot and nobody else knows the game well enough to speak out.

>Played
A Feast for Odin, Hansa. Trying for MvM Friday night
>Wishlist
I'm not buying any more new games this year except as a gift for friends come December.

I've been eyeing Ponzi Scheme for over a year now, but it's taken so long that I completely lost interest... And then a recent Man vs Meeple review reminded me of the insider trading mechanic that got me interested in the first place. The fact that it's the only game on my radar now shows that the post-Essen drought is real
>Co-op opinions
Co-ops are pretty essential for the everygamer's collection. Hanabi is my #1 gateway of choice. Witness is one of my favorite game experiences ever (though it's less about cooperation for me and more about the puzzles and opening the door to swinging with your favorite couple). Space Alert is the best game available with yelling in it and one of the best scaling difficulty games out there. If there's one thing about MvM review coverage I found disappointing, it's how almost everyone forgot Space Alert existed. The Grizzled is unique in the way it will absolutely crush you into the dirt.

>The Grizzled is unique in the way it will absolutely crush you into the dirt.
Thanks for reminding me that I need my own copy of that.
I've only gotten to play it once but I really enjoy it. The French comic-style art is another plus.

I somehow stumbled into this here
aliexpress.com/item/Free-shipping-fun-interesting-family-game-board-game-entertain-dixit-1-2-168pcs-cards-With-English/32373960991.html?spm=2114.01010108.3.1.mIimAr&ws_ab_test=searchweb0_0,searchweb201602_2_10091_10090_10088_10089,searchweb201603_1&btsid=7594b75e-07f1-4c45-a3b0-a19808e02210

Its "Dixit" from AliExpress, anyone has any feedback on this?

I mean I don't care if its not genuine, but if it has the same cards / play the same, why not...

Nothing, not had the time to play for a while now. Next week hopefully...

Nothing on top in particular. Eyeing a lot of stuff off GMT's P500 though, and maybe Bios: Genesis, though as a number of my gaming group are doctorates/post-docs with a biotech background the science has to check out.

Meh. Never played one with lasting power. That said, only played Arkham Horror, BSG and DoW, so who knows. With a few exceptions, the idea of co-op games is far less appealing now than it was back when I started with boardgames though.

>Some 3p game.
If you and your group aren't averse to heavier and/or wargames, check out Churchill and Triumph&Tragedy.

I ordered !Saboteur from chinaman a while back out of curiosity, dunno about !Dixit's quality, but this is what I can say about it.
The cards are flimsier with a semi-gloss finish, which makes them somewhat slippery and unwieldy while shuffling.
The edges are not super clean cut, they have tiny bits of fuzz/fiber coming out, cardstock is slightly offwhite.
Print quality is decent but graphics are kind of grainy and not super crisp. I believe it's more of a low-res scan thing because the manual and some of the cards have slight artifacts and color variations. These are really, really hard to notice, even on close inspection.
Cards are 1.5 mm shorter than the original, and I have no idea about their durability.

Manual was a cheap, single sheet of badly folded paper with lots of scanlines, both in english and chinese. Box was very good quality though, really sturdy with a great finish.

>Just got Onitama in the mail
>It's missing 2 pawns

I have the worst luck with Veeky Forums stuff. It feels like every other one I get, I need to contact the company about missing pieces. Cosmic Encounter I was missing a green ship, Armada's squadron pack was missing the Y-Wings, Ticket to Ride was missing the instruction book. Now this.

Cracked open Archipelago for the first time. Enjoyed it, but it's horribly optimized for two players, and it's too complex for my one-evening group.

Dunno, maybe Lords of Waterdeep. Always wanted to try it.

If they're semi-coop, with possibilities of backstabbing or a traitor, then absolutely yes. Gotta be well balanced, though. Traitor games are more often than not insanely hard if you have a decent liar at the table.

Man I'm sorry for you. That would piss me off and totally turn me off the hobby if it really happens that often.

How's your collection of I'll gotten extra pieces?

Archipelago really isn't that complex, it just has a few fiddly things that should have been edited simpler and can be fixed with better player aids. The real problem is with how crappy the manual is.

>Seafall one of the most anticipated non-kickstarter games
>Things are quiet for a while as people dig into it
>Multiple reviewers start trashing/criticizing it
>CSI suddenly puts it up on sale

Hopefully the next legacy game actually works out.

I agree, it's not so much the complexity as it is how to explain it. I found many elements of the game to be nonsensical at first, and trying to explain them to someone not navigating the manual left them dumbfounded. Domestic/export/immediate crises in different rounds, for instance. True clusterfuck.

Also wanted to mention the manual, what an inconsistent mess. Should get better once I play it more, though.

user... why do you want a legacy game though? I'm all on board with having scenarios and game-persistence through different missions but why legacy? Just why? I don't see the appeal of actively destroying your game where mechanically it could be replaced by something else.

Hopefully the next 10 legacy games all crash and burn so this meme can be over. There's absolutely no reason any of these legacy games need to be legacy.

Not the same user, but : because no merchanic can replace actual consequences to your actions.

Without consequence, when a very difficult choice presents itself you're thinking "well, if it doesnt work out, I'll just pick the other next game, or next campaign" with legacy, there's no going back.

So I'm about to dive in to yet another miniature-board game crossover. This time its The edge (toedgy4me jokes, go right ahead), which is shaping up to be quite the kicksterter it looks like.
Hell I had the notion of a few "bonus models" but man, Awakened realms is really tossing everything but the kitchen sink in to this one. I feel spoiled to be honest, in a "Tell your friends and get free units for every team!" spoiled.
The models looks nice enough, I have no illusions that they will hold A+ standard, being plastic one piece minis, but they look good enough from what I can tell. And the game, thus far, looks pretty damn fun, if you like 1 vs 1 competitive hex game with lots of cards and recourse collecting during gameplay.

I wont take the step to make this a fully fledged miniature game, such as Awakened realms would want it to be, but rather will stay put with my 6 teams to use as a standard boxed game to bring home to friends. This way we can simply enjoy it for what it is, without getting to hung up on balance or other retarded shit.

I played Battlelore 2nd Edition with a friend from out of town. We always get pretty intense over every game, but someone has to be the winner, and I issued a soul-crushing defeat to his Daqan army as the Uthuk warriors. Kept a simple muster, didn't add anything from the add-on units. He through just about everything in from the add-ons.

I really want to play Terraforming Mars. It looks like it has enough Take that! that you wouldn't just be doing your own thing while other people are doing theirs and at some point someone wins.

I'm getting a little tired of co-op games. It always seems to be one person takes charge and commands the rest of the players for the game. In a way that feels natural and makes sense, but I like competing with the other players more than feeling like I'm on a determined track.

>Looks and sounds good
>250 bongbux for the big pack
>Already have Dropfleet Commander coming
>And Warpath
>And Super Dungeon Explore: Legends
>And Dark Souls
>And Dreadball 2
>And 7th Continent
>And Reaper Bones 3

I don't need more plastic! Why are you doing this to me user!?

To the respective user: How are Rebellion and Terraforming Mars?

Its something about spending money that just makes you feel good about life.

I don't understand why people are even remotely interested in this game. It's bog fucking standard roll a d6 + card play gameplay. You literally cannot get any more basic than this shit.

You can do so much better. So, so much better, when it comes to wargames / miniatures games.

Is there any consensus on the new expansion to Betrayal at House on the Hill? I've only played it a handful of times and each time was sufficiently different, but I've heard that a lot of playing leads the game to losing its charm somewhat. Does the expansion rectify this, or is it just another thing that's fun until it's not?

Things help fill the void.

It's fun until you figure out that basically nothing you do matters or influences the outcome in any significant way.
Same as the base game.

>factions and setting make the game look like yet another fanfiction-tier 40k ripoff
>literally and unironically called The Edge

Good sir, you are being memed out of your money.

But basic also means fairly even. Its a 1 on 1 game, it doesn't need a 300 page rulebook, it doesn't need complex combat rules or such. The tactics lies in positioning your models and by using the right cards at the right time.
That different models also has different decks of cards to build from also creates a opportunity for counters vs your opponent.

And the simplicity also brings with it balance. See how much more 30k got in comparison to 40k? They removed all but the space marines, thus removed a LOT of the options. They bare-boned the game, and got a much more balanced game out of it. The same principle applies to just about any game.

But in all fairness, its not for everyone, not everyone likes games like this, I do, but you don't, its that simple. I personally though is pretty hyped over it, looks good, and plays seems like an awful lot of fun!

I wanna buy a nice 2-player game and my budget actually allows for two games. Of these six, which two would should I get?

>Another fanficiton tire 40k ripoff

You shill, seriously, its a steam punk fantasy setting... and you think they ripped of 40k. Jesus, GW must have you by the balls by the sound of it.

Hive
The Duke
Onitama

Pick any 2.

Santorini isn't even out yet.

They're all good, but I'd probably go with Duke and Santorini. Quantum is a lot of fun, but dice combat sets it back a bit if I'm being picky.

user... before you drop hundreds of dollars on this shit, do yourself a favor and look into Guild Ball. It is a better game. It is a much, much better game. And they're coming out with a new two player starter set in November at a ridiculously good price point ($70 USD for two entire teams).

>Terraforming Mars Review
Played a 4 player game, everyone's first play. We went ahead and jumped into the deep end and play with the non-starter corporations and with the corporate era cards. Everyone really enjoyed the game. Final scores were pretty close, third was 5 points from first even though all three had pretty drastic differences in the engines they had going. 4th was lagging a bit, but the player had a couple of rules misunderstandings that set him back. Might be playing again this evening.

I played Eldritch Horror and did not like it at all. I got a completely random curse early in the game and could only remove it by roll of the die, which never happened. It hamstrung me for the whole game and we all basically sat and watched as one of our players Voltron'd through the run. That's not "diffficult" it's just frustrating.

Neuroshima: Hex and Imperial Settlers of course.

Is the hype justified?

If engine building is your jam, yes.

I should also note we used the optional drafting rules.

You can PnP Hive pretty easily to see if you even like it to begin with.

I can see why this would be frustrating early on as a new player and I sympathize. Eldritch Horror is, at its core, a game of risk minimization due to the fact that dice resolve everything. So it's about knowing how to ensure you perform successful tests and minimize the effects of bad ones. That all being said, if you went to Rome, you have a high chance of receiving a blessing which removes the curse.

To the user that asked earlier, Eldritch Horror is probably my favorite of the Arkham Horror Files games by FFG, but they are very polarizing. If you're not into Ameritrash, you probably won't like it in the first place.

The most fun in Arkham Horror, for me, is seeing how various absurd scenarios develop, either from players' involvement or from random happenstance. From the cultist saying "I dreamt that the world would end if I didn't give you this!" then handing you 5 dollars to the illusionist sheriff riding his bike through Arkham with a shotgun and a magic axe.
Other than that a garbage game with infinite setup and so exhausting and boring that I would rather set it and the table I played it on o n fire than go through the hassle of boxing it again.

You can also use The Duke PnP version.
I actually made a super cool board with it, and if you wanna test it out for a couple of rounds its just a quick cut and fold to do.

Same guy, anyone else has any experience with Chinese knock-offs?

I am a bit saddened by the fact that the publisher / developer get nothing, but on the other hand some of them are jerks and sometimes the shipping charges are bigger than the game itself.

Anyone here who owns a Chinese knockoff can shed some light on how are the material? does it hold or will it fall apart after 2 runs?

played cosmic encounter, carcassonne, and solo space hulk death angel this past week

robinson crusoe second edition, kemet, and possibly pandemic iberia are at the top of my wishlist

I like co-op games. I'm usually pretty bad at winning competitive games, so that might have something to do with it. I still enjoy competitive games, but I really like a nice co-op. some people hate co-ops that are unrelenting (ghost stories and death angel) but I really enjoy that as long as I'm able to eke out a win every once in a while.

your best bet would probably be taking images from tabletop sim, although they're not always the highest quality. there's a program up on nexus to download/view all images from a mod, so you might not even need the game

but user you're not destroying your game. you're altering it, and some people might consider that ruining it, but you're definitely not destroying it. you'll still have a playable game once you've completed all the legacy bits

Well I'm happy that you guys are happy.

But privately I think you guys are suckers.

Just think how the same mechanic would "sell" in a computer game.

> So yeah to make a new character you need to buy our game again!

People would be (rightly) calling for blood and posting jokes about DLC again. People eat it up for legacy games, though.

And maybe they'd be missing out on the most thrilling experience a game can offer. I dunno. Maybe we never will.

And as usual, I have to add the caveat that I have a fucking HUGE board game collection which means that most games dont even ever get to 12+ games so...

kinda comparing apples to oranges there user. Besides, one the of chief appeals of rogue-like's or ARPG hardcore mode is the perma-death aspect. You could sink 100 hours into a character and then BAM, it's gone forever. Some people like that "can never go back" stuff.

oh great, Mr. "I hate everything that's not a Euro" is back.

>Mr. "I hate everything that's not a Euro" is back

Well sure, if you want to play a poor sub-standard game then don't play euros.

that's a crappy comparison because in board games you don't have the expectation of being able to make characters. the game comes with 8 characters, and those 8 characters are all you'll get until an expansion comes out and they'll be the exact same until you stop playing the game. only difference is in a legacy game those characters change as you play the game

unless you weren't literally comparing the character aspect, and you were comparing playing the campaign of a legacy game again with making characters in a video game. but if you were doing that you should have said "imagine the shitstorm if a company locked playing through the campaign again a second time behind a paywall"

not the user that posted the sw rebellion
i play tested it at a convention.
i really didnt like it
it felt too long.
in the end i just ended up using my deathstar to blow up nabu 3 times in a row cause the game was boring and my friend was bored aswell.

Well, at least at this rate I'm guaranteed a game.

I play rougelikes and I understand the appeal.

But for it be comparable it's like if you
> could only play with one character
> once
> wanting to play again or failing meant you had to *BUY* the game again.

Are you talking specifically about Seafall? I was talking about the legacy mechanic in general

I'll leave you to your navel-gazing, cube collecting, solo-game-masquerading-as-competitive genre then.

no, I was just talking about in general as well

although I guess your character can die in pandemic. just don't tear up that character card and hold off playing it until you finish your campaign. then when you're done with the campaign and you treat it like regular pandemic + some changes, just use that character like normal.

guess I should have said earlier I'm not a fan of tearing up cards. I have no qualms with stickering them though

0/10

Ah sorry, didn't know that the legacy aspect had to involve characters (thought that Risk: Legacy didn't have that for example). Mea culpa.

Legacy games are fun though, they let the game flow in the way that your group builds them.

You just have to not be autistic enough to be bothered by destroying parts.

Why can't you guys just get over the fact that legacy exists and will probably not go away. I think it's a pointless gimmick myself, but people in /bgg/ have explained why they like legacy more than enough, so why do we need to discuss this shit over and over again?
>but muh wrong fun
Kys asap, it's really just shitposting by now.

Legacy games are boring crap at the moment where you play the same (boring) game over and over again, quit halfway through because it's tedium personified and waste your money.

If anyone could manage to do a successful interesting legacy game it's going to be Stonemaier but even then I'm not holding out much hope.

Get all the players to pitch in and a Legacy game is basically a long, interactive movie.
Your problem is thinking about them from a collector's POV, when it's just a disposable article of entertainment.

>legacy scythe
I have never been before more torn.

I'm just glad I live in Minnesota. Whenever it happens with Fantasy Flight stuff, I basically get the replacement in 2 days because their HQ and stock are all literally 3 miles away from my house.

Fair enough. I guess it's just not for me then because I have 0 interest in doing that.

I'm more interested in playing one game over and over again to get better.

Oh great, Mr. "Meaningful choices and confrontation are too scary for me!" is here to save the boardgame industry.

>eurogames
>confrontation

Better, being a subjective term.
But I wont doubt you, you probably think it is the better of the two, even though only having played one of the two.

Being a miniature wargamer from the start, I cant hide the fact that I find the miniatures quite nice, combined with a bit of lore, but the real kicker... yea, its the comic book! I red that shit with some epic generic opera meats metal, and BAM! I was sold...
So yes, its more than a game for me, as is probably any game you look at. Take guild ball for instance, you think its the bomb, but then another guy comes along, with his own opinion, and thinks its shit compared to "younameit", and so it goes.

The edge, I just think it looks like a cool game. I like the models, I have had contact with the guys from AR before, and I know they are a great bunch of guys, and I like the models and lore. To me its a winning concept, it has nothing to do about being "the best game", its an experience.... and I'm already tied in a group that will go live with Blood bowl once again when it hits the grid.

It's been getting trashed since a few days after, but after just 1 or 2 plays reviewers were still optimistic.
Friedemann Friese released a "fable" game at Essen. It was supposed to be a cool new system with a resettable "campaign," but by most accounts it's the world's most uninspired set collection game with a mundane gimmick tacked on (more of the same from 2F). It never even blipped on the hotness.

Permanence is most of what's exciting about Legacy. The fact that it's the center of debate so often and called an abomination by some, that makes it even more alluring to others. It's taboo, challenges norms, and subverts expectations. It's Duchamp's Fountain

"Fable," meanwhile, is just a deck of cards that you don't shuffle, and when you want to start over you just organize the cards back into the starting positions. Relatively bland, safe
I actually like Quantum's dice combat, despite hating it in most games. I rarely go aggressive in it because I prefer getting fast ships and capturing points quickly, but the threat of getting blown up really makes it tense
Hearthstone does this to some extent with their draft mode, "Arena." You pay for each draft (in-game or real currency), and while you don't keep the cards you draft, you get rewards for having lots of wins. Three losses and you're out
EVE online has permanence. You respawn, but your several thousand dollar dreadnaught is gone forever
There was an indie fps "mmo" with a death permanence concept, but it never came out of alpha. It got a lot of buzz though
>You guys
It's 1 or 2 guys out of several dozen. Probably the same one or two shitlords who won't stop yapping about MvM

> I have a fucking HUGE board game collection
You can't say stuff like that on /bgg/ and then not show the goods, man. Gimme pics!

Hmm, yes it does look like it'd take longer than most of my group would be interested in committing time to for one game.

Glad to hear people enjoyed it. I like the idea of seeing the board change over time as you terraform.

Euros are boring crap at the moment where you play the same (boring) game over and over again, quit halfway through because it's tedium personified and waste your money.