What do you think about him?

What do you think about him?

Ridiculously under-costed for his effect and stats. Made him a mythic to fuck over constructed players. Perfect example of WotC's current poor management of the game.

Idk i kinda like him because he is so overpowered but if u get him out and someone just does a kill spell ur screed af because he is one of ur only hopes of winning most times

He's great, play him in Jund with seal of fire for instant value. Single handedly beats burn and gives your removal even more value

should have been a 3/2 at 4 cmc

he can be dealt with but holy shit is he good in the decks that play him

The win con in the last five games with my Grixis Deck.

He is way too good for a 4 CMC.

has one ass too much.

Dies to removal.
But when he doesn't he's kinda stupid good.

>4 toughness
>4 cmc
>"dies to removal"

you mean he trades 1:1 with similarly costed removal at worst, ya goob

4 mana do-nothing creature. Doesn't die to removal because the game is over before he can be cast.

>do nothing creature
>literally an auto- include in any Modern deck playing black
>can single handedly stabilize against burn and most aggro decks
>grave hate
>can go wide or tall as needed

Cletus is a beast.

He's no True Name Nemesis

Well, no, I didn't say he was.

Nice abs

Why does he wear the mask?

why did he throw an extra comma into that sentence

In Standard, sure.

Should have been a 3/3

As its stands its Jund's flavor of the month until wizards prints another 4 drop card.

price is way too high, fucking wizards of the coast jews printing him at mythic. i want one for my vampire tribal edh
reprint when

Got one in a booster pack.

Not really into magic anymore though, so I'm thinking of selling it back for store credit and buying warhams.

Don't complain about the price of the car, accept that you can't afford it and move on.

Might be self-parody.

I hope it's self-parody.

It's not. Dobson has a pretentiously inflated ego.

We know that wizards gets to add an arbitrary buff to cards that are mythic, the same is true for making things legendary.

According to gatherer, Kalitas is double buffed for his mana weight and cmc.

Egregious power creep.

is he still played in standard? haven't payed attention to pro tour etc. lately

GB Delirium uses him as one of their brickwalls. He kinda just ruins the game by standing around on the field, and the Ishkanah that'll inevitably come next just seals the deal.

Being a 3/4 for 4 with creature exile (for only opponents) and zombie creation should be good enough for mythic level.

Stapling on lifelink and a sac outlet that buffs him is overkill.

Complete shit in a zombie deck

It can't even block for crying out loud.

Weird design space. Seems really weak.

Fucking annoying. It feels like rather than design and balance the card they just made two extremely relevant effects and stapled it onto a 3/4 lifelinker.

>Wizards said mythics are supposed to be flashy or big things happening in the story
>not designed for competitive play
>despite this some shit still falls through cracks
>whatever, that's fine so long as another TMS happens
>Wizards R&D IIRC said that they're trying to design big story cards to be a major player in decks
>this means a buff to anything that has to do with the story
>major story cards are mythic
>mfw

>whatever, that's fine so long as another TMS DOESN'T happen
My bad.

Everyone thought that new Chandra would be TMS 2.0, but it turned out to be pretty shitty.

I'm sure the Gearhulks aren't any significant part of the story and Torrential GH is almost powerful enough to be modern playable

Mindwrack is very powerful right now in standard

It's a strong card it just requires a dedicated delirium deck

>not designed for competitive play
Here's your (you).

This has always meant "not exclusively designed for competitive play". As in, they will still print cards designed for competitive play at all rarities, not just at mythic.

There are other card games in which the rares are all garbage, and the only cards worth playing are secret habanero ghost reverse secret rares, made with real secret so you know its good. This is bad because if you open a pack and don't get the 1 good card in a box, you've wasted your money. And it drives up the cost to enter. Etc.

>playing a Commander card in Modern
you whot

>Commander Card

good in commander but thats about it

Good card.
My fiancé cracked one in a pick she won for coming in 4th at her first FNM draft.
She runs him in her Meren EDH deck and loves it.

Why seal of fire?

You play seal of fire on like, turn 1. Then turn 4 you play Kalitas, then pop the seal to kill their duder and get a 2/2

to inflate it just a little bit

Lightning Axe on sight or lose the game.

FEATURING DANTE FROM DEVIL MAY CRY

just pulled this guy from a booster i bought on my grocery trip. should i sell it now or wait?

I want him to fuck Drana's tight vampire ass

You forgot an -e, queer

Grasp of Darkness is 4 cmc?

As far as standard mascot creatures go, he seems pretty normal. Doesn't feel any worse than when it was thragtusk or the Titans dominating stuff.

Way too pushed. I lose every game that it stays alive more than 1 turn.
It's the Junks player favorite type of card, undercosted, strong against most conditional removal, has a evergreen
slaped on it just because and it's the one that weakens one of black's main downsides, grows, generates advantage under the condition of just keep doing what the black color has best to offer.

Sac'ing a zombie to add +1/1

he is good in standard and modern sideboard

Grasp is an instant. Stop sequencing badly.

Harness lightning is also card, minus 1 to 2 energy from your pool. Easy to play around the buff.

IMOP he's actually better in modern than in standard, because modern's pool of removal is mostly things like bolt. He only dies to terminate and path

You can sac a zombie in response. It's an ability.

Harnessed Lightning is a pretty dumb card, yeah it would probably deal with Kalitas under normal conditions (ie.having 2 energy in not hard at all) as you can't never anwser and make your oponnent spend energy needlessly.

But yeah, you're right about it being better in Modern than standard. But it is a pushed card and will play any fair format that it touches.