Humble RPG Book Bundle

So it looks like Vampire: the Masquerade and Pathfinder was just the beginning and now they are bundling some more niche RPG books over at Humble Bundle.

Anyone that has experience with any of the RPGs they've got in there? I've heard good things about most of them but if anyone thinks they're worth a miss I'd love to hear why as well.

>A Song of Ice and Fire RPG
>Atomic Robo RPG
>The Laundry Files
>Mistborn Adventure Game
>Dresden Files RPG

Bumpin

Are any of these actually good?

Also curious about these.
Monitoring this thread.

Dresden Files RPG isn't bad, although it runs on what is by now a pretty old version of FATE.

I've heard good things about Atomic Robo.

No idea about the rest.

Regardless of quality, $15 for 12 pdfs is pretty good, unless they've got absolutely nothing useful in them. Lots of books are easily mined for stuff for other games you actually do play. I know that's why a lot of GURPS books sell.

>Buying pdfs instead of torrenting them

Damn, googling hasn't told me much about any of these games other than the ASoIaF RPG being decently popular and having solid rules for a standard low fantasy story in the gritty universe of the books/show.

Atomoic Robo sounds like a rules light pick up and go type deal from the publisher description based around clashing super scientists.

The Laundry sounds like a decent CoC clone that plays it more campy and humorously than straight horror.

Mistborn is a high fantasy game with weird magics that gets almost no mention other than a few guys saying its one of their favorite systems that nobody plays.

And Dresden Files seems to be a bit dated but runs pretty solid modern magic noir.

The question posed had nothing to do with buying them, just about what the games themselves are like.

And some people like having legal copies to distribute among their group. Nothing wrong with them wanting to drop a dollar for it.

It's just bait for le game of thrones normies.

Bumping in hopes of any kind of input from players/GMs.

Why pay money if these are for free in the pdf threads?

>like having legal copies to distribute among their group

At that moment these copies get illegal though.

Mistborn rpg?

I have another futile attempt to make with some people I know. Allomantic adventure would be sick

From what I've read, if you get the Mistborn Adventure Game, don't let your players make Mistborn or Feruchemists, unless you're letting everyone be one or the other. They're way OP compared to even Twinborn, to say nothing of Mistings and Ferrings. Though you probably should steer people away from Compounder Twinborn, as they get OP, too. An adventure with just some normal Mistings or Ferrings wouldn't be too out of the question, and should be easy to run.

I'd also say that for most groups, the Alloy of Law era would probably be more enjoyable than the Final Empire era.

I would imagine the game lends itself best to having characters with a variety of individual powers working together as a team. Having an "i do everything" character in the party only works in books.

You don't even have to give money to the devs. You donate $15 (or less) to the charity of your choice and you get to legally own some pdfs for doing it.

you realize there is also bundleofholding.com?

>not giving back to the community
not cool, man.

I know right? These aren't even the big guys in the industry. If anyone needs help it's these guys. Assuming they make quality stuff.

Just from the bits I've read, it might take some skill to get it to work that way.

>Atomic Robo RPG

Is excellent. FATE based, but puts a nice spin on it with the phases and stuff. Perfect for, say, Hellboy or any sort of game where you think half the time should be about figuring out what the fuck is happening and how to stop it before bringing out the action-science guns.

ASOIAF and Atomic Robo are good. Dresden Files runs on old Fate, but has some interesting things that could be salvaged (in the setting book). The Laundry is literally CoC Modern, same system. Mistborn I remember as being confusing, but I'm not terribly familiar with the source material so I never gave it more than a skim. All in all for 15 bucks is pretty good, would but if I didn't already have half of them.

>legal (electronic) copies to distribute
You have no idea how copyright law works, do you?

If i wanted to help them, i would buy the actual book. Simple as that.
I buy lots of books actually, but 95% of them i do buy because i liked the (pirated) pdf first. Kinda like a demo.
The remaining 5% is just stuff i know its great or things i can't find a pdf before buying it and i desperately want it.

>Though you probably should steer people away from Compounder Twinborn,

Depends on the metal

Copper twinborn are probably garbage, what does burning a coppermind do anyway? Since normal tapping gives you perfect recall anyway.

>I'm destroying my archive to remember the information it it DOUBLE PLUS GOOD, also I guess I can hide the fact that I'm doing that from magical scying for what little its worth

At least they're not an aluminum or duralumin gnat. Though I suppose being a compounder of either would be really interesting. Connection and identity are still pretty foggy concepts, even after learning what we do in Shadows of Self.

I think with what Shadows revealed makes Aluminium or Duralumin pretty important Feruchemically, since the medallion thingies basically run on them. They are just trash allomantically (assuming you are misting, otherwise Aluminum remains trash and Duralumin becomes stupidly OP)

Aluminum's still pretty interesting as a Mistborn. It provides a good weakness. Chromium will almost always be better, though, because leeching other people's reserves is nice.

I'm still kind of reeling from the reveal on the last page of the book. That was pretty crazy.