/5eg/ Fifth Edition General:

>Official /5eg/ Mega Trove v3:
mega.nz/#F!BUdBDABK!K8WbWPKh6Qi1vZSm4OI2PQ

>Community DMs Guild trove
>Submit to [email protected], cleaning available!
mega.nz/#F!UA1BhCBS!Oul1nsYh15qJvCWOD2Wo9w

>Pastebin with resources and so on:
pastebin.com/X1TFNxck

>/5eg/ Discord server
discord.gg/0rRMo7j6WJoQmZ1b

>Veeky Forums character sheets
mega.nz/#F!x0UkRDQK!l-iAUnE46Aabih71s-10DQ

Previous Thread "Arrrr, matey, sure feels good to be a pirate!" edition.

The good parts of Volo's guide are already leaked:
sli.mg/a/EvUWsI
So, all those races are AL legal. Yes, even yuan-ti. How does it make you feel?

Other urls found in this thread:

sli.mg/a/EvUWsI
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Lizardman Bite-Monk is the new meta

>The good parts of Volo's guide are already leaked:
Its missing the aasimar tho (I know it was posted in the previous thread, just telling its not in the link)

in honor of volo's
Dubs names my new tabaxi friend
Name must be in tabaxi style (Cloud of the Mountaintop etc.)

RAW, can Lizardmen gain the AC modifiers from Barbarian or Monk?

Those are first-come-first-served, right? And you'd have the Lizardman AC at creation.

Shit, wait a minute.

No, its a different way to calculate AC

Well Fallen Aasimar are awesome. Time to make a fallen aasimar oathbreaker paladin and kick some ass.

>So, all those races are AL legal. Yes, even yuan-ti. How does it make you feel?
Pretty bad senpai. Yuan-ti made it to print in that state (remember the bitching about Chainlocks?) and yet Kobolds suck (pack tactics only barely makes up for their disadvantages IMO).

Furry Scumbucket

No. You can choose which way to calculate AC you want to use at any point (so you could swap between them) but you cannot stack them.

For the user who wants to translate that PF(or any system) character and for any user who might end in a similar situation, don't do it, reroll into something that it's supported by current rules this way you won't feel disappointed

You can opt to use one or the other. A lizardfolk monk could use wither 13+dex or 10+dex+wis, but not 13+dex+wis.

>every thread the same fucking question
read the damn rules

Why people complain abou Yuan-ti? Its not even close to Aasimar in brokenness

Any tips for running Storm King's Thunder?
The party just reached Neverwinter after completing Bryn Shander but haven't really embraced stopping the giants yet

>lizarfolk is better at vampiring than zendikar vampires
kek

They get spell resistance which is a HUGE deal. Advantage on every saving throw against a spell or spell like effect for your character's entire career? That's incredibly strong. On top of that they get an immunity to the second most common damage type in the game and a very powerful 1/day spell.

Learn to rotate your images

Okay, album is updated with aasimar now.

My next character will be a chaos sorcerer who sees the world as a battle of Law vs Chaos, BUT he will be Lawful neutral (he will fight fire with fire). With that in mind, what race do you think matches this character better?

> Taking alignment seriously in current year

>giving a fuck about something this menial
Life of the party right here folks

>He Doesnt enjoy playing characters who sees the world as black and white, with no in between

A lizardman barbarian or monk can use either their natural armor or unarmored defense to calculate AC.

A barbarian/monk doesn't get to choose which unarmored defense to use, you explicitly do not learn the unarmored defense from the second class you would get it from.

Nobody is asking if they stack you touchy autist.

So what do people think of the aasimar lore

It just happens so much and it's so easy to fix.

This should be the OP image for the next thread.

Lothar of the Hill People

Two of their subraces are literally CRAWLING IN MY SKIN, but aasimars literally didn't have a racial identity before, so I think it's an improvement.

>dat otyugh

It probably found the biggest trash heap of its life.

Why did they make kobolds so shitty?
What's the best way to use then and not suck?

Underdark Campaign

this
Also play a rogue.

Just because something is popular doesn't mean it's good. Kobolds have always had shitty stats.

Being a kobold is tough. When you're a kobold, you're not great because of your race, you're great in spite of it.
Light cleric, since you will barely make any attacks - on the opposite, it's your enemies who will make all the rolls.
Rogue and paldain both work, because they benefit greatly from pack tactics. Go dex paladin, of course.

Hey guys, just wanted to apologize again for posting all of the races sideways. But on the upside, now everyone can play as all of the races. So that's good.

They were fucking great in 3.5, if you picked this one feat that gave them PHENOMENAL POWERS. But you had to be somewhat of a rules lawyer to justifty it.

Why the hell are Orcs so garbage? There's literally no reason not to go Half-Orc.

How balanced are spells in elemental evil book?

I feel like the forgot to add relentless endurance when they ran out of page.

I have no idea how balanced this is, but it really makes me wanna play a modron game

They're all fine to use. Some extra options and utility, and some are quite underpowered, even.

This is great! The only problem is convincing my DM... also, it will be a little weird justifying a mordron chaos sorcerer, but this can make the character more conflicted (which is what I want).

Dash as a bonus action, as long as you dash towards an enemy, is a very powerful feature for the right classes.

I'm going to play a Mermaid using the Triton template and nobody can stop me

A malfunctioning modron who spent too much time near an unstable arcane power source.

There you go. Have fun.

I’m creating a special item for one of my players. The idea behind it is that it’s supposed to inflict great amounts of pain but let’s them gain some form of insight. I’ve been coming up with some ideas and here are the once that seemed the most reasonable.
1. Roll 1dX + character level (was thinking 1d4) damage and then I roll on a 1d20 on a table of “how well it went”
2. Roll 1d20 CON save. If you fain you take 1dX + level damage. Regardless of success I roll on a d20 table
3. Roll 1d20 CON save. If you fain you take 1dX + level damage and gain no insight. If you succeed take 1dY (less than if you failed) + level and I roll 1d20.

I could mix these a bit but you get the idea. Any thoughts? Is it a good/bad idea? What should I change?

>Dash as long as you dash is very powerful
wise words user

Magic pain glove, what should I do?

>fain
I mean fail. Fuck!

yes

M-My heart

You can tie it up to Great Modron March. Your character was a part of the last one, and got stranded in Limbo, becoming affected by its chaotic nature. Eventually he got sucked by a portal and ended up in the Material Plane.

What exactly are forgotten realms angels? Do they look the same for each God?

RAW, how long does it take to switch from 2 handing a weapon to one handing it?
Could I attack with a 2 handed weapon and then use a bonus action requiring a free hand?

>What would be a good pantheon of deities for a setting completely in the Underdark?
I'd suggest both the "Underdark" sourcebook for 3e, FRCS3e, and Faiths and Pantheons. Then look at the 2e religion books if you're looking for more info on any particular religion.

You'll want the drow pantheon for drow, obviously, but the other underdark races wouldn't worship the drow gods.

I usually play half orc barbarian, I don't see much that an orc barbarian can do better other than moving further. I'd rather have relentless endurance and savage attack.

What riddle would a boulder granted sentience by chaotic magic (a Galeb Duhr) and going through an existencial crisis would make to a party to let them pass?

Woah, he can use 1d6 damage before monks...and that's it.

We're wanting to start a conflict in our campaign. What's the best way to go about causing enough trouble in the world to instigate a world war?

Assume the guise of a nobleman from one country and assassinate/rape/otherwise commit a violent crime against a noble from another country.

Would you allow a Kenku Shadow Monk to become a Wereraven?

No, immunity to damage is too powerful on a PC

mfw I couldnt order volo's special cover cos no stores anywhere near for 1000kms and now that I see people posting pics it even look better in real life... tell me that I did better by ordering regular cover cos it will look more coherent on my shelf with other 5E books /tg. tell me i did better...and hold me.

>Can barely move
>Only 2 attacks with no bonuses or whatever
I bet an expert would be as good as you if not probably better

Dress up as soldiers of one country, burn a couple of villages of the other country, kill a few noblemen, make sure to leave as many witnesses as possible.
Dress up like soldiers of the second country, do the same.

It works because I am actually playing a noble

>Kung Fu Biting
>Chewdo
>Karateeth
>Eat Kune Do
>Chewjutsu
>Muay Thai Cuisine

You are ignorant of the possibilities

I can do all of that as a human monk.

One of my 5e group is doing a superhero-themed 5e game starting at level 13. I feel like the Tabaxi would be perfect for this.

5 levels barbarian
6 levels monk
2 levels rogue
Take boots of speed as my starting magic item.

30 - Base speed
40 - Fast Movement
55 - Elk totem barbarian (while raging)
70 - Monk's unarmoured movement
80 - Mobile feat
160 - Friendly wizard casts haste
320 - Feline agility
640 - Boots of Speed
1280 - Dash as a standard action
2560 - Dash as a cunning action
5120 - Dash action from haste

Never fast enough. NEVER FAST ENOUGH.

But what are you going to do BEYOND running fast?

Where is this from?

Humorous roleplay and definitely not much combat.

That's way past cool! Also don't forget that it's not okay if someone touches you in a place that makes you feel uncomfortable.

Is there a reason Lizardfolk would worship someone other than Semuanya? Not something like 'adopted by townsfolk and grew up with them, now worship X because they do'. Just a group/tribe of Lizardfolk that happen to worship something else.

>see OP

Volo's guide to monsters. Look at OP's post carefully, user, there's a link.

>Where is this from?

sli.mg/a/EvUWsI

Volo's PC races got leaked, which is the very reason this general was started in the first place.

The evil demon thing that corrupts 'em is an option.

Reptilian folk in general seem to revere dragons if that helps?

I was unaware Volo's guide had races thanks.

>Barb/Monk/Rogue
>13 on Wis, Dex, Str and Con
You're MAD, in several levels
Also
>Assuming magic items
>Assuming caster is going to waste haste on your shitty kill-me-please-each-minute-of-my-life-is-an-eternal-suffering character
I remember making a character in 3.5 who was almost as fast as the speed of sound while actually being good at combat (and hyper fucking good if you use speed to damage rules)

Threadly reminder that Bugbear Whip Battlemaster/Assassin is the new meta.

The Tabaxi's Feline Agility isn't OP right? It's pretty cool, but I don't think it'll break anything. A player wants to be a Tabaxi Wizard (so not even a mobile class), and the DM thinks it's too OP.

I'm back :)

>wearing armor
>using anything else than your nature given bugbear whip

>Still no centaur block or setting-agnostic Minotaur block
>But you can play as an Aquaman

Long ago, a missionary came and converted them all after some spectacular displays of divine magic. Sadly, he did not guide the tribe for long, due to linguistic oddities of reptilian language. But the lizardfolk will always fondly remember his last words that he repeatede again and again: "More burning oil, and don't keep me waiting!"

>DM who stops fun at conception
yeah fuck that guy

It's not OP, but if the DM has to nerf it, say it's a bonus action to invoke the speed doubling. That no longer helps Monks or Rogues, but the PC is a Wizard, so whatever.

You do this deliberately.

>assuming magic items
The dm allows one magic item of that level for games like this
>assuming caster
This group loves dumb shit like this.

>3.5
That's 3.5, which was a balance nightmare. 5e is balanced enough that it's actually really difficult to make a character with a strange ability like this.

>Strange
Useless, the word is useless

I fucking love that magic card. Fuck why haven't I played an Elite Inquisitor in D&D? FUCK!

Totally making a Triton Swashbuckler/Paladin now.

Because you can't use a 2 crossbows

>The ability to send communications and goods at 600 miles per hour over short distances has no possible use in a roleplaying game because it does not allow me to Punch Good

We're fighting Draculas. You're gonna need that armor.

Only killjoy faggots disallow it at their tables. If they have Crossbow Expert feat, I say dual wield away. It's not better than shooting the same hand crossbow twice - in fact, arguably it can even be worse.

I absolutely take them right side up on my phone