Horus Heresy General /hhg/

Bjorn Edition
Fell-Hand Sub-Edition
Bjorn's fluff isn't as inconsistent as other fluff these days. >HHG FAQs
pastebin.com/iUqNrrA8
Official HH 7th Edition Errata (Updated January 2016)
forgeworld.co.uk/resources/fw_site/fw_pdfs/Horus_Heresy/Horus_Heresy_7th_Edition.pdf

>30k TACTICA & TIPS
What to include in a HH list, how to format it, what makes each legion special (crunch), tactics, Tutorials for Heresy-era minis and more
pastebin.com/Tm2P4QLp

>HH Books, Novels and Rulebooks galore
pastebin.com/k9uvqsub
sys.Veeky Forums.org/derefer?url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.docdroid.net%2Ffz1OuHK%2Fcrusade-imperialis-army-lists.pdf.html
sys.Veeky Forums.org/derefer?url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.docdroid.net%2FZTK72gs%2Flegiones-astartes-age-of-darkness-army-list.pdf.html
sys.Veeky Forums.org/derefer?url=https%3A%2F%2Fmega.nz%2F%23F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg

>/HHG/'s Legion demographics
strawpoll.me/10558764

>/HHG/'s allegiances
www.strawpoll.me/10663447

>Oct 16 White Dwarf
mediafire.com/file/zm71nli980zr97h/WhiteDwarf_Oct16.pdf

>Primarch Popularity Poll
strawpoll.me/11458318

>Other new links
sys.Veeky Forums.org/derefer?url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww98.zippyshare.com%2Fv%2Fe6VFn2St%2Ffile.html
sys.Veeky Forums.org/derefer?url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww116.zippyshare.com%2Fv%2Fd2D2z8mF%2Ffile.html
sys.Veeky Forums.org/derefer?url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww110.zippyshare.com%2Fv%2F1USI8Urn%2Ffile.html
mega.nz/#F!Wl5DAbCb!TYxZG4CgX_x-NJu7JBwbZQ!LoBA0bqS
discord.gg/wYS2J6b
www98.zippyshare.com/v/e6VFn2St/file.html

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=yV727_YGAkQ
forgeworld.co.uk/en-GB/Space-Marine-Boarding-Assault-Upgrade-Set
twitter.com/AnonBabble

First for 'Magnus did nothing, and this is wrong'

Y'know, whoever's in charge of naming the FW HH books is quite classy.

Maybe. Just maybe. Who knows? Not me.
Anyone have any guesses what Book 8 will be named?

This. Magnus just could not commit to one cause of action. Wants to surrender but doesn't tell his legion and home planet and lets them take all the punishment. Then decides he doesn't want to surrender after all when it is already way too late. Undecisive fuck.

If 'Inferno' was renamed 'Purgatory' then they'd get my vote, but not until then they could also call the WS book this

I don't there's one guy who's job is to name the books that come out every 8 months, when they can't afford a proofreader.
Nonetheless, I agree.
'Assassination' or 'Subterfuge' or something.

The next three books will be Purgatory Part One, Part Two, and Part Three respectively.

Book 8 : Half Life 3

Iron Within.

So I'm going to continue building my setting, posted it here a while ago under the name astro-user.

So its a binary star system, main planet of interest is a mechanicum forge world in a figure of eight orbit around both stars. It rotates in the plane of orbit, so the only two forges on the planet take up the entirety of both poles. Everything in between is taken up by massive solar panels spreading out from the equator. These provide massive amounts of power to both forges. The land beneath the solar panels is either wasteland or ruins, constantly dark or dim due to the solar panels above absorbing most of the incident light.

Since the outbreak of the heresy, one forge has sided with horus while the other remains loyal to mars and terra, and they fight it out in the darkness beneath the panels.

So what I'm still working on:
What else lives beneath the panels in the wasteland?
Why do the forges need so much power (outside of regular forgey forging)?
I'm not sure what else to throw in so any suggestions would be appreciated.

Other planet in the system is a pre-imperial/DaoT ruined world, or maybe some kind of artificial planetoid? Covered in traps, shellworld-style. Its located at one of the lagrange points as thats the only way I could think of logically including it in the system.

It probably won't be Book 8, but I figure when we get to Terra it might be called "Invasion".

Warp dammit, why does 'Iron Within, Iron Without' have to be so much catchier than 'Primarch Progenitor, for your glory and the glory of Him on earth!'?
Why don't the Imperial Fists get a catchy battlecry?

>Not "Siege"

How do you guys model Dozer Blades on Land Raiders, Spartans, Sicarans etc., if at all?

Because the Fists suck.

Glad you're all/mostly better. Was worried I'd have to take your job again, and then I'd feel like a dick.

Damn you, beat me to it.

If it covers stuff like the Signus Prime, the Dangels and Scars, "Deception" would be a pretty good bet.

So Im confused about something, in order to play a loyalist contingent of a traitor legion (Specifically the "Death Eagles" the 34th Millenial of the Emperor's Children) am I forced to use the Orphans of Betrayal rite of war or am I allowed to use whichever ones I want?

>Anyone have any guesses what Book 8 will be named?
Dark Angels Players Go Home.

That'll be the book after Invasion. Then, following Siege, will come the final book in the HH series: Duel.

Did you ever lose control?

pic unrelated

It's just a stomach bug.
Nah. I don't think I ever lost control.

>Warp dammit, why does 'Iron Within, Iron Without' have to be so much catchier than 'Primarch Progenitor, for your glory and the glory of Him on earth!'?
Why don't the Imperial Fists get a catchy battlecry?
And that is in fact the shortened version. They have lots of zeal and it's hard for them to measure it once they get fired up, so they limit themselves to shaking hands at best. This was the original version:

youtube.com/watch?v=yV727_YGAkQ
>This one's for you, (((Warmaster))) Horus. Special delivery from the Emperor and our Primarch Progenitor. Yeah, for his glory and the glory of Him on Earth. And all loyal mankind. Yeah, even Guilliman, he ain't so stuck up once you get t-

>HH: Siege
>Will probably focus on how the IWs were toppling down Terran fortifications, and IFs fighting back
Hnnnng.

Srry no can do

Yea, I would like to know also.

>HH : siege
>Where all traitor legions get awesome siege-y units
>except IW :^)

You can do whatever. Orphans of Betrayl is intended as a sort of bonus for mirror matches, basically.

Here you go!

- Prime Black
- Base Leadbelcher
- Layer Ironbreaker
- Nuln Oil wash
- Second wash of Nuln Oil
- Wash Agrax Earthshade
- Sponge on Ironbreaker on edges and armour
- Wash the mini again using Agrax Earthshade mixed with Lahmian medium
- Runefang Steel scratches

Nah, Orphans of Betrayal just has specific goodies for loyalist traitors. You can run loyalists with whatever rite you want.

>Why don't the Imperial Fists get a catchy battlecry?

Just use Sigismund's motto

>No pity! No Remorse! No Fear!

Any pic of the final look?

danke schon, herr user! have some OC for your troubles

No, IW will get nice units, they're just variants of existing units and won't get actual models for them.

>Not "Absolutely FUCK"
It's like you don't ram Alpha battlebarges.

Thanks a ton, good user!

No, EC even have two loyalist characters, you just dont get Eidolon, Fulgrim or the Kakophoni and their RoW but you can just do any RoW thats not for traitors.

That feeling when family are visiting and can't keep their hands to themselves. I could glue the finger back fine but they mustve thrown away the vox antenna. This filled me with the most nerd rage I've experienced in a while.

Did you make sure to bury the bodies?

Sweet so can I use Maru Skara?

>No pity! No Remorse! No Fear!
>Not PUUUUUURRGING WITH MY KIN!!!!
>MY WOUNDS, THEY HAVE ALREADY HEALED
>FEAR, I DO NOT KNOW
>XENOOOOOOOOSSSS, YOUR FATE IS SEALED

Nah, leave it off, and make the area it should be seem battle damaged. It looks interesting and distinctive at the moment.

Yes you can

>Not PUUUUUURRGING WITH MY KIN!!!!

That's for the lunatics though (ie. the Black Templars) if I remember my "If the Emperor had a Text-to-Speech Device" quotes correctly.

Replace the broken off bits with bodyparts from the offenders. Makes for a nice conversation piece, and then you have a little less mass to dispose off.

YOU KNOW WHAT TO DO

So what you're saying is, they are Sigismund's crew?
Like what said?

The Life Eater virus (hydrofluoric acid) has already been deployed.

>fist, laurel and cross decorations on chestplate are just the same silver are the rest of the armour
Please tell me the model's wip and you're going to address that.

And +D3 attacks too, since he is outnumbered by those Iron babbys

It's what Sigismund's crew eventually turn into, 10 thousand years of religious indoctrination tends to make a bit of a mess.
I doubt they're that bad during the Heresy.

>The Life Eater virus (hydrofluoric acid) has already been deployed.

Sheesh man, FOOF is much nastier, it makes HF look positively mild in comparison.

As for Life Eater, I assume it's actually a biological weapon, much like the name suggests, a simple chemical weapon wouldn't be called a virus.

Has the Imperial Fists taken the general from the Iron Warriors? Truly a glorious day, that no one can wound on anything better than a 3+ regardless of any special rules it has.
>Implying there's anything bad about 40k templars.

So which one of you fuckers is doing a DDOS attack on Bolter and Chainsword?

So, anyone with Corax or Children of Sicarus to share? Or maybe Blackshield and Myriad.
I'll add them to the library of Rho-Mu 31.

Why do you assume it's us?

that's why I had them all out on my cabinet so their WIP-ness would bug me til I fixed it.

It's either you or 40k General.

They're not bad, just completely insane.

And The Either.

It's probably them. Go check.

I guess I can accept that.

Speaking of Siggy, I'm thinking of getting him and a retinue of Templar Brethren as a little bit of a birthday present for myself. When he was declared the Emperor's champion and took part in the Siege, he mostly abandoned his yellow armour and legion icons and wore black, right?

Blood Angels: Revelation
Dark Angels: Confusion
White Scars: Zoom-Zoom (kidding, they'll probably be in Confusion too)
Tallarn: Devastation
Anvillus/Solar System: Affluxion
Terra: Invasion
Terra II: Desperation
Terra III: Enthronement

Want some Prospero bases for my SW, yay/nay on these? The crosses might be too odd?

No. BT started worshipping the Emperor straight after the Heresy.

Congratulations, your relatives have worse hand-eye coordination than you, KA. That's quite an achievement.

Must run in the family.

Proofs?

>No. BT started worshipping the Emperor straight after the Heresy.

Exactly, doing that for 10k years is going to make a mess, 40k Templars are nutjobs to a man.

I very much doubt the Black Templar as formed in the 2nd founding were as maniacal as their namesakes 10,000 years later.
They were religious zealots, certainly, but there are degrees of religious fervour.

>There are degrees of religious fervour.
Never go full word bearer.

Do we have the faintest idea yet what the Blood Angels did between leaving Macragge and getting to Terra?

40K Templars are also devout followers of the Codex Astartes.

Please stop

Not my fault there's only 1000 Templars now. Blame GW for ensuring all Chapters must be the same (except Space Wolves, because).

>he mostly abandoned his yellow armour and legion icons and wore black, right?

Funnily enough its never described the kind of armor Sigismund wore during the siege, we all just assume that the practice of Emperor's Champions follows what Sigismund did, so black armor.

>Implying we aren't Iron Warriors writing fanfiction about the Imperial Fists
The Siege, the Great Equalizer.

>Not my fault there's only 1000 Templars now. Blame GW for ensuring all Chapters must be the same (except Space Wolves, because).

What kind of fluff raping has GW been doing recently?
It seems I missed something quite dreadful.
The Templar are arguably the largest "chapter" of the modern Marine era.
There are a lot of Crusade fleets out there and most of them are pretty large (well above company size).

Terra I: Invasion
Terra II: Siege
Terra III: Ascencion

Have you looked at the AoS ones?

Replace book 3 with Apotheosis.

Emperor becoming enthroned as a god and all that.

>Funnily enough its never described the kind of armor Sigismund wore during the siege
What are you talking about? He comments he feels weird wearing black armour, but the chaplains tell him it's because he now serves the Emperor directly as His Champion. Black denotes direct service to the throne, like Chaplains do. Unless you're Auric. Or Bare Ceramite like Malcador's boys.
And that's why the BT have the position of the Emperor's Champion.

Or are you talking about what mark he wore? Sigismund pattern.

Nope. Prepare for the biggest pulled-out-of-ass from BL yet. Specially now that they killed off the one plot-device already there that could have tranported the Bangels to Terra in time.

Those are kind of fucked up no?

Its literally called a virus, its not a chemical.

The most they've ever had were 1300 men, and are currently at 1,000.

This makes the Exorcists, with their three scout companies the largest chapter.

This is explicitly canon.

don't get all STEM on me mister.

I think those look nice.

Yes, and how recent is this rather obscene bit of retconning?

>ywn see Perty and Dorn double team some traitors
>ywn see them having an autistic argument about the best way to do a siege
>ywn see an auric fortress surrounded by minefields and barbed wire
>ywn see Perty and Dorn trying to avoid each other's eye at Polux and Dantioch's wedding while artillery sounds in the background
>ywn see an IW commanded bombardment land with pinpoint accuracy while the IF gunner shoots the pintle heavy bolter at BS5
It's not a good feel lads.

forgeworld.co.uk/en-GB/Space-Marine-Boarding-Assault-Upgrade-Set

Anyone know if sufficient means 10 or just those 6 that are on the pic?

Shame about the skulls, not sure those really fit the streets of prospero.

When the new Codex: Space marines came out.

I think he was using LEV akin to a dangerous substance. I mean, what would you have thought if he had said, idk, "the Live Eater Virus has been released (burrito AIDS-bola)"

>TS are so not-baddies they don't even have skulls in their heads

>sufficient...to build 5 boarding space marines, as well as additional components for a sergeant
I'm guessing 6.