How do we make vampires cool again?

How do we make vampires cool again?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carmilla
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Add ice.

Or by not representing them as retarded over-sexualized lolis. Just a thought.

Ban women from writing vampires.
Ban women from being the target audience of vampire-centric media.

Twillight, True Blood and all the other shameful vampire depictions will die out overnight.

Every vampire is Remilia.

How the hell is Remillia over-sexualised?

Shit, how the hell is she sexualized?

I'd do it by giving them a number of different forms and manifestations. For examples, vampires who become demonic beasts, vampires who are living shadows, or vampires who are formed from grave soil. Francis Ford Coppola's Dracula was pretty bad, but it did this well.

I'm sorry that fully clothed young girls seem oversexualized to you, perhaps you might like to see a counselor about that before you try to act on your distorted sexual desires?

They're cool again.

Depends, is this horror vampires or just flat out vampires?
If it's just vampires, do what you want to make them cool. It's your setting so you can just make them how Bender acted in "Bender's Big Score" if you think it'd make them cool.

Is this the horror variety? Well for one, don't make them lolis. You can have them be children, but make it more like Buffy the Vampire slayer where they are still disturbing and not designed around being cute. You make them scary. It's as simple as that.

You're a faggot, go eat a dick while we have fun with best vampires

>Or by not representing them as retarded over-sexualized lolis
Here's a good idea.

I think we should put them back in their place as monstrous predators, rather than super-powered analogues for groups who consider themselves to be oppressed.

Among other things, that means giving them their weaknesses back. When you have a vampire that can take daytime beach-walks while chugging holy water and wearing a cross, it starts looking more like a superhero than a monster.

We should additionally have vampires that actually need to kill people and drink blood, and that look more monstrous than cute or handsome. Having them maintain healthy and stable relations with normal humans is detrimental to their monstrosity. The "reformed" vampire especially should lose its prevalence.

>Remila
>Sexualized
You wish

I think they can still appear cute or handsome, as long as they're still monstrous.
The thing that sets a vampire apart from a lot of other monsters, is that they're capable of passing off as humans, at least in a situation where not exposed to their weakness, and that they often wear a mask of nobility. A vampire may appear charming and seductive, and often has supernatural ability to sway people to their will, but ultimately that should only be a facade. In their heart, they're bloodthirsty monsters that's seek only to lure you into a position where they can feed on your blood.

If you remove the ability to pass as a human, then a vampire isn't really very different from any number of other undead that prey on people. I think keeping it around is pretty integral to what makes vampire a vampire.

Okay Castlevania

Tacking onto this, if we do make vampires the monsters they are, they are known for psychic manipulation and charms. Such things could be used to conceal their hideous forms.

>Overzealous mauling and gore is just as bad as loli uguuu sugoi~
Vampires are cunning, leave the bloodless to werewolves and starved vamps

Just play masquerade or requiem, man, iunno

Vampire media started sucking ass after twilight

Well if you use the same voice acting as SotN you certainly have made him interesting, but I wouldn't say cool.

Get rid of anything that smells of weeb or twilight or Underworld. Hell, even blade can go. Make it so that vampires are something that is to be feared or something that is tragic, not super mega super powers go action hero stuff or cute/sexy.

Hmn, seems that someone agrees with me.

Warhammer Fantasy does vampires good in one way.

Masquerade and requiem can be GMed in a way to make vampires cool, but the setting can be interpreted to the point of making them stupid again. I've heard of it happening.
/thread

It seems, in short, that we need to make them monsters again. They are too much super heroes/wish fulfillment/allegories right now (not saying allegories cannot be done well, but most of the shit I've seen is pretty hamfisted).

Valid question, I would also like an answer.

> How do we make vampires cool again?
They DO make pretty sweet cab drivers.

Watch the Strain & Blade II

Jesus, at least tell them to read The Strain. I wouldn't subject anyone to the actual show.

It's campy as fuck, some people enjoy that. The special effects on the striggers are pretty good too.

>How the hell is Remillia over-sexualised?

Not covered from head to toe in burqa I presume.

If it were me, get back to the root of what a vampire is: a predator who feasts on human blood in order to survive. You really need to hammer that idea home, no outs no half measures, they can't feed without killing, they can't feed on animals, they hunt people down and murder them for sustenance, they have to.

Kevin Durand is fun, plus Hogwarts Groundskeeper Willy dude. I mostly enjoy his scenes. The guy playing Goodweather I just find boring.

There's a comic version but I don't know how good it is. Probably not something /co/ really bothers with.

Make them less like that and more like this?

this. Anne Rice wasn't terrible in her own right, but she paved the way for the gayification of Vampires as a genre

You have two options. You can either go back to the roots, having the powers that the original Dracula had if you want a fairly intimidating yet killable enemy, or you can take things through the freaking roof and turn them into Alucard from Hellsing. If you choose the latter though, he will take up the entire campaign, and you probably still won't kill him.

Why not just ban everyone from writing or reading or watching everything to do with vampires then we can eliminate people bitching about too.

>strahd was an awesome opponent in 1e. too bad 5th edition happened.

Which roots? The original mythological roots (which were a tad all over the place) or Hollywood? And then you have to define if you mean the original Nosferatu or Bela Lugosi version. Or do you just prefer going back to Bram Stoker's original story version?

5e vampires are probably the best villain in the game from a fluff and mechanics perspective.

At least weeb shit doesn't bleed over and ruin entire genres of western media

Probably just the roots in general of a monstrous vampire with arbitrary weaknesses and not a sparkly emo kid who is immortal and therefore eternally angsty

>>>/faggotville/
>>>/tumblrtown/
>>>/nofunland/
>>>/loosevagvalley/
>>>/shittastetristate/

> How do we make Vampires cool?

Hellsing?

He found a chair and different lighting. Everything is ruined

Problem. Namely if people start pushing towards making them monsters again, all about the predatory nature and blood, it won't be long before people start complaining about "ow, the edge".

You have to realize you cannot win. Whatever YOU think is good and proper will meet opposition from someone. The best you can do is like what you like, realize other people like what they like, and hopefully you never have to deal with each other at the gaming table.

He's also throwing down his MTG cards. Forget playing chess with Death, dare you face the deck of a true vampire lord!?

In fact, I'm going to dump cute vampire lolis right now to show these faggots.

JUST.
BECAUSE.
THEY.
WERE.
THERE.

Didn't he turn into a loli near the end?

Behold: An idiot.

"Interview With the Vampire" was great, it was just the later books that fucked things up. I don't know why Rice insisted on retconning Lestat into yet another generic tragic hero instead of the gleefully evil character he was in his first appearance. Plus, going from hints of homoeroticism in the first book to having at least one literal gay sex scene in one of the later books.

When Sparkle Vampires are outlawed only outlaws shall have Sparkle Vampires. Congratulations, you've now made the people who like them cooler by the rendering them the bold and brave rebels against a totalitarian state.

>Sexualized

I think you're a pedophile.

Is this a loli to you?

I think he did in WW2.
Unless of course, Girlycard was a well crafted meme.

You tell me user...

>loosevagvalley

Oh, actually, you're right, he did.

Wouldn't call this loli myself, but whatever.

Yeah...

I believe that he took on that particular form to troll Walter...

No, rootsier. Do like Bram Stoker, mine goofy folklore from another region, and make a colony of possessed insects puppeteering the preserved skin of a woman by day look rad in a modern setting.

>captcha: belmont garrigues

Bram Stoker roots, the original novel of Dracula.

He assumed that form for a short time to fuck with his opponent.

Bring back the Drac.

Anyone here seen Shiki? That was a pretty unique take on vampires. Also incredibly sad though...

>filename
Fuck, I laughed.

Make them more like the red-headed guy and less like the pasty douche

People will just go to far in the other direction and forget they are meant to be sexual creatures.

Mah nigga.

>sad
Surely you mean "inspiring".
Doctor did nothing wrong, and faggot monk aling with the vampire loli bitch did everything wrong like poser hypocrites they are.

Doctor did EVERYTHING wrong

There is no salvation for a man that did such horrendous things to his wife, there is no excuse

Funnily enough
Skyrim got this right with there vampire loli.

I'm not saying the doctor was wrong, but dang dude, you gotta feel bad for the poor vampire nurse.

That's not her Chupacabra.

Vampires aren't for sexual. They're The Unknown Enemy. A mysterious force that preys on the living and kills without mercy.

Have you ever read about the New England Vampire Panic of the 1800s? People were dying of consumption (tuberculosis). They'd spend years slowly wasting away until at last they were a withered husk coughing up blood until they finally gave up. It was like the life was being sucked out of them. Entire families were being wiped out and there was nothing anyone could do. They didn't know what caused it (most likely bacteria from their cows) and even if they did there wasn't a treatment until around the mid 1900s. People were scared and just wanted an answer, a way to fight back, so they blamed vampires. Some places made parties of digging up the graves and mutilating the corpses. Sometimes they'd remove what was left of the heart and burn it, feeding it to the supposed vampire victims as a cure.

Vampiric sex gods is an old meme.

>his wife
You mean a monster inhabiting his wife's body?

I'm kidding, of course, but you have to admit - he was ready to do the hard thing and basically torture something that looked and behaved just like his wife that HE LOVED IMMENSELY so he could research the vampire weaknesses to expose their conspiracy.

He saved his village from being completely consumed by predators and he stopped said predators from spreading their influence beyond their village.
Just because he behaved like a pragmatic utilitarian doesn't mean he isn't to be admired.

I kind of like it when vampires can survive without killing people but choose not to bother. I want them as arrogant nobles who see humanity as so far beneath them that they aren't due even the smallest consideration.

The idea I have about vampires, although it's not strictly Veeky Forums related is that with their eterna lives and super powers they've managed to accumulate money and power and form powerful groups to try and control the world.
But even they have limits and couldn't stop the economical social and scientiic progress in the western world. bUt it makes it hard for them to feed.
So they must use their influence to promote wars and instability and poverty in third world countries.
And furthermore, since they don't like, or can't eat, people with diseases they also promote the value of virginity and demonize sex outside marriage.
Which also leads to scenarios where in some places people become aware of vampires and their influence, and vampires act more overtly. And as a consequence they try to get STDs and encourage their children to have sex as early as possible. Nobody wants their young girl to become the virgin sacrifice to ome vampire overlord.

I hope some of you have been enlightened of how cute loli vampires are. Ciao~

Sexy vampires are the stuff of third generation Dracula fanfic, it should still probably be addressed since that's what so many got used to and expect. Take it apart for an audience that would themselves rationalize wanting to fuck an immigrant corpse enough to ignore everyone wasting to death since they brought that strigoi home.

I thought that the vampires in the recent Fright Night movie were quintessential D&D vampires.

if by third generation you mean the 19th century then you're right
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carmilla

Every frigging time I see that picture...

MAKE VAMPIRES GREAT AGAIN!!!

to be fair the doctor was a god damn hero and the vampires are complete faggots that deserved being murdered, fuck them for their shit.

not use them for a while

That notion is a modern invention.

>I think they can still appear cute or handsome, as long as they're still monstrous.
How did you not see the contradiction in this before posting it.

Just go crazy with the concept. A vampire is any being that lives off of feeding on something else's life essence. There are so many different ways vampires can be interpreted (just look at mythology/folklore.) It's just that the focus should always be on the idea that the vampire has to feed on some form of life essence, making them often looked at evil to those that aren't vampires. Stereotypes like them being sexual creatures has jack shit to do with being a vampire and takes away from what makes vampires, you know, vampires.

quite simple really, by day they look likeby night they look likeby day they act like elves (your so beneath me and im not gonna tell you why) by night they eat your fucking head of