The old wise man

>tfw Hillery becomes president
>tfw big max happening nuclear war
>tfw you survive it
>tfw the whole world is devastated, most people move into small communities, most technology is completely unworkable
>tfw you live to become the oldest person in your community
>tfw you're viewed as the old wise sage who knows everthing about history and "old tech"
>tfw children will gather around and listen as you tell stories about life before the happening, and because you are a old senile fa/tg/uy you tell them about Nil Strong-Arm in his stealship sailing the heavenly dark ocean

What stories would you tell Veeky Forums?

Other urls found in this thread:

theguardian.com/world/2016/oct/25/hillary-clinton-syria-no-fly-zones-russia-us-war
rt.com/op-edge/362872-exceptionalism-hillary-clinton-america/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Please keep politics in /pol/.

"And that is how I deflowered your mothers, children."

>kids start calling me Grandpa Gardener

You seem to have taken a wrong turn, OP.

Where in all hells name would the question lead to a /pol/ discussion? This is some paranoia

because he said Hillary, everyone knows it's Trump that will get us into a nuclear war

I see ...so let all of us go back to the same old general threads like everyday

Why would Trump start a war with Russia if Trump is secretly working for the Russians?

Then assume he said Trump and post in the thread like normal.

You obviously just want to spread your hateful right wing ideology

Who said anything about Russia? He'd get us into one with China.

OP here.

I just wanted to here some writefaggotery about a post apocaliptic world where the writers aka users of Veeky Forums would twist our history to tell stories.

The thing with Hillery was just a hook up. Do I think she is a evil witch? Yes. Does it have to be part in any of YOUR stories? nope

here = hear

apocalyptic*

You clearly intended it to be a pol hook so you could start some asinine story about how we went to war or some related drivel.

No ...this was not my intention. The whole plot hook up is just this a hook up. I wanted stories about things that already happend, like said moonlanding.

But ...no fun or creativity allowed

(You)
(You)
(You)
(You)
(You)

We came to a point where the fear of /pol/ does more damage to boards than /pol/ itself

Great

Bull you know exactly what you were doing, and now you're resorting to passive aggressive crap. Least you could do is emulate your idol and attempt to have a backbone.

Shut up pollock

delete this thread, and try remaking it with no mention to stupid ass politicians. you might get better results.

maybe.

meant for

Get your MLP shit out of here, we all know where they stand on Trump. Are you going to start posting Aryanne shit next?

Good. You won. Congratulations.

Yeah, maybe the next days, but not today. But I still think that this is a perfect example why we just have the same general threads day after day after day.

>What stories would you tell Veeky Forums?
None. I would merely speak of a world not worth remembering that collapsed by the greed and shortsightedness of fools. We must now look forward, not back, and pray we do not repeat this grave mistake.

>You obviously just want to spread your hateful right wing ideology
Not him, but the following two are indisputable facts:
>Hillary insists on a no-fly zone over Syria
>A no-fly zone over Syria means war with Russia
theguardian.com/world/2016/oct/25/hillary-clinton-syria-no-fly-zones-russia-us-war
Even the American military itself agrees that this would lead to war.

Should Hillary win, she can only make mistakes. Either she starts the biggest war we've seen since WW2, or she goes back on an election process she has repeated in every single presidential debate to date as well as numerous other occassions.

The chips are down, and at this point it's painfully obvious that a vote for Hillary is a vote for war. I'm not even American and I don't care about the left-right paradigm, I'm just stating the facts as they are.

If you're a fighting age man and enjoy living, this election is literally a life-or-death affair for you.

>What stories would you tell Veeky Forums?

Realistically I'd probably be dead, but if we're going with the "lets assume you didn't die".

I'd miss fast food.
I think we take for granted the ease and availability of dollar menu high caloric, high salt, high fat, cheeseburgers and fries.

I think we'll especially miss fast food when we'll basically stuck at some sort of awkward mix of 1860's to 1960's level of technology: Scrounging for vhs tapes, listening to radios, driving horse carts and occasionally seeing someone with an old truck.

>Hillary becomes president

Way to ruin any suspension of disbelief.

This thread made me depressed, because I realized I have nothing interesting to tell because all I do is study, play RPGs and browse Veeky Forums. Fuck you, OP.

>I'd miss fast food.
Out of personal experiance: The first two weeks are hard, after that fastfood incl. stuff like frozen pizza just tastes wrong.

>Scrounging for vhs tapes, listening to radios
I really wonder what medium would survive a nuke war best: flash drives? are some techsavy anons here?

Nonsense.
>Study
This alone gives you more than enough to talk about if you're asked what the old world was like.
>Play RPGs
Good, so you know how to tell a good story
>And browse Veeky Forums
Tell them stories about this series of tubes where you could exchange written information with people from the other side of the world without ever having met them! Tell them about greentexts, the old days of Veeky Forums, waifufags.

And on top of that, there's more than enough trivial stuff you can talk about. Microwaves, ovens, public transportation, your high school memories.

cry some more fag

the thread is either good intentions with a very stupid blunder. or very good bait. which is the only reason to try to salvage it.

>not worth remembering that collapsed by the greed and shortsightedness of fools.
*tips trillby*

nice trips

As a serious answer, i would probably tell them some funny anecdotes from "back when" and try to make these stories into some kind of folklore passed down between people.

Indisputable facts to your right wing source of course. In reality Russia would back down from any war with us. Clinton would stabilize the Middle East and remove Russia's influence which is destabilizing it.

You're just trying to get people to fear her being president by equating it with literally dying.

I think the most difficult thing to explain would be the internet.

>a magical device that conected millions of people (probably a lot more then people living on the whole world in OPs scenario) at any minute instantly. And that would have ALL the information of the world. That would seem like a marvel

>This thread made me depressed, because I realized I have nothing interesting to tell because all I do is study, play RPGs and browse Veeky Forums. Fuck you, OP.

I'm sure people would be interested to hear about RPG's and what Veeky Forums was like; if only because of how displaced it was from their own current post-nuclear-holocaust society.

Also I can garauntee you there'd be a massive resurgence of pen and paper RPGS during such times as the books would no doubt still persist and there'd be plenty of people who'd want to play pathfinder or dungeons and dragons in between farming potatoes & scavenging for scrap to make into car parts/horse shoes.

I'll probably make up bullshit stories about how it happened because this election race is stranger than fiction. Frogs and weiners and all.

>telling about Schuhmacher in his red chariot
>telling them about the giants Merica and Mosk and their world long spears
>telling about the Star Wars like some kind of story long long ago

sounds like fun

>In reality Russia would back down from any war with us
Let's see what the Russians themselves have to say about this.
rt.com/op-edge/362872-exceptionalism-hillary-clinton-america/
This is Russia Today, aka the Kremlin's mouthpiece. Or is Russia somehow lying about Russia, the ONE thing we can trust the Russians to know?

>Clinton would stabilize the Middle East and remove Russia's influence
Pick one, mate. Putin backs Assad, literally the only reason why Syria hasn't fallen to the Islamic State. Hillary wants to remove that same Assad. You don't need to be a professor in Near Eastern history to realize what happens when you remove a strong dictator from power in a tribalistic, highly Islamic society. You only have to be older than 15 and have followed the news somewhere in the past ten years.

>Wanting to declare a no-fly zone over Syria
>less likely to cause a nuclear war
Are you retarded

>different pop culture symbols and memes become a form of mythology passed down generation after generation.
>Merika, the fat warrior with world long spears fought the drunken bear over the desert of the people of fire and gold
>The woman tried to cut the genitals of the man with his feminity, the man tried to commandeer the woman with his masculinity. Each day they take turns beating up each other or frantically making love
>the frog and the sadman fought sadness, the sadman became an enemy to the frog once the sadness won.

>In reality Russia would back down from any war with us. Clinton would stabilize the Middle East and remove Russia's influence which is destabilizing it.

Different user- Canadian in fact, but:

I literally don't see any of that happening, ever.
The Middle East will NEVER stabilize unless it's flat out colonized/imperialized and has a constant loyal military force to respond and subjugate any threat with armed force.
Like, literally Israel.

I also don't see Putin backing down from anything for any reason- We can't even get him out of the fucking ukraine/eastern europe, he's literally just taking whatever he wants.

>Also I can garauntee you there'd be a massive resurgence of pen and paper RPGS during such times as the books would no doubt still persist and there'd be plenty of people who'd want to play pathfinder or dungeons and dragons in between farming potatoes & scavenging for scrap to make into car parts/horse shoes.

I really would like to see some drawfag making a picture out of this

None of this would have happened if Russia hadn't invaded Iraq in 2003. What was Putin thinking?

They most likely won't be. RPG's emerged because people wanted to at least pretend they were not boring office workers with boring lives but heroic adventurers fighting monsters and rescuing damsels.

When you have to fight off raiders and looters one day and carry heavy-ass sacks of harvest the whole other, you aren't really interested in pretending you are a warrior fighting goblins and carrying sacks of gold.

That's also why most people with really interesting lives don't play RPGs nowadays.

>The Middle East will NEVER stabilize unless it's flat out colonized/imperialized and has a constant loyal military force to respond and subjugate any threat with armed force.
Or, alternatively, dictators that can keep competing tribes and groups like the Muslim Brotherhood down remain in power. Iraq under Assad was better than Iraq today, Libya under Ghadaffi was better than Libya today and Iran under the Shah was better than Iran under the Ayatollah, even if all three of these had Draconian ways of maintaining public order. Yet all three of them happened to somehow lose power, all three of them left behind a power vacuum and chaos ensued. There's nothing nature hates more than a vacuum, and that vacuum will be filled with entropy until another occupies the throne. Either it's another military coup like in Egypt (meet new boss, same as old boss) or an Islamist regime.

>Where in all hells name would the question lead to a /pol/ discussion?

Still wondering how?

>Russia's involvement is destabilizing it
I don't have a proper picture to describe the scale of this retardation
The US invaded Iraq with little reason, left eithout attempting to stabilize it, and left it to be devoured by ISIS/ISIL. Between that, arming rebel factions that are joining ISIS, and sitting on our thumbs as Turkey fucks around with the Kurds, we're the most destructive thing in the region for at least a century

You know that /pol/ and political discussion are worlds apart, right? We're having an informed discussion about the American elections and policy in the Middle East, something that would be downright impossible on /pol/ unless you get the Jews involved and your solution to the problem is "drop nukes on everything that's not white".

I wouldn't spread myths and legends if only because I wouldn't want everyone to be STUPID, since folklore and fiction have a tendency of being more popular and pervasive then actual historical fact.

Because Plato wrote about the fictional city of Atlantis like a brazillion years ago in order to spice up one of his articles and now in contemporary times people are constantly taking it as fact and desperetly looking everywhere for Atlantis this, Atlantis that, Buzzfeed; top 10 list of things that could be Atlantis, Cracked; 5 things that may be Atlantis.

>>Merika, the fat warrior with world long spears fought the drunken bear over the desert of the people of fire and gold
>>The woman tried to cut the genitals of the man with his feminity, the man tried to commandeer the woman with his masculinity. Each day they take turns beating up each other or frantically making love
What are these ones?
And the frog would likely have betrayed the sadman, after finding happiness, and using the sadman's despair to keep himself from falling, once again.

>Russia's influence that's destabilizing it

You mean by trying to help the legitimate stable government of Syria keep it's head above water? It's the USA and it's satelite states that are destabilizing the middle east with their retarded foreign policy you fucking inbred retard.

its not like you "want" to make them into myth, but the tale that you hear from a guy from a guy slowly devolves into myth.and this is how the portrayal of pop culture references could be made into a kind of big mythos

>What are these ones?
The first one is an attempt at explaining what the situation in middle east in "tribal" terms

the second one is feminism.

the third one is pepe and wojack stuff.

Oh, I didn't know what you meant by Merika, but I love it now.

perhaps the most mystifying concept of this is trying to make a "god" surrounding technology.

perhaps tribals would think of it as a binity of sorts. with hardware and software as aspects of a same divinity.

they would perhaps think that software is the "soul" of a machine, while hardware its the body of one.

>"back when, you strapped your phone into your wrist, your phone was your best friend as it helped you with all you needed with its soul. you could order your phone to bring you food, and from his soul he would summon a man with a burger, the sacred food of back when" ~ Uglak, Shaman of the Fur Walker tribe

so technobarbarian machinecult?

sorta. they have a very vague understanding of how technology and culture worked before things went to shit. They revere technology, but they are not able to replicate it nor use it, and what they know is stories told by the old wise man. Whom might not be completely sane either.

Could be worse, Satan.

I literally don't ever see this happening if only on the basis that I don't think we'd ever be driven so far back as to completely dissociate our basic understanding of technology.

There would be people -as there always have been- that will survive and carry on their awareness and understanding of technology to those that proceed them... Will it be our current level of Technology? No. No, I don't think we'll ever be able to achieve anything like this if we get holocausted (maybe different, maybe better, but not the same).

-You'll have service stations with garages acting as a mix of blacksmiths, stables and actual car services; because although horse travel has become more practical, you'd still see a person come in with a recycled vehicle that needs refueling and a change of oil (that I'd imagine would be made of ethanol).

-I don't think we'd ever see cellphones again, but that doesn't mean you wouldn't see radio towers and telephone poles rising back up once more so people in the re-established cities could have dial phones or whatever. I wouldn't even think it outlandish to see a nomadic person have one of those huge heavy trancieving/radio phones in their backpack or saddle bag.

You know, shit like that.
Like, I'm not expecting people to have the means or ability to perfectly reproduce all of this stuff, but people wouldn't suddenly arbitrarily strip down everything they had known to just go full "unga bunga".

i agree mate, but its an interesting concept. At least enough for me to write short sentences about it

> informed discussion is impossible on /pol/
Spoken like someone who has never been there and is only repeating what he has heard about it from butthurt leftists.

I have been there. I dare you to disagree with /pol/ without being called a kike or a cuck.

c-cannot compute

Boo hoo you got called names. Doesn't change the fact that /pol/ is one of the few places left that isn't strangled by political correctness. If you want to be able to actually have a factual discussion without being silenced for "racism" or "misogyny," it's still one of the best places left.

It's just strangled with Reddit, since gamergate. /pol/ sucks as a place to discuss anything, because just like with the left, you get screamed, and screeched at for having views, that aren't the same as others.

Yeah, you'll be called a cuck because that's what you are.
You'll also be disproven using facts and reasoned arguments that you won't find on college campuses or in the MSM. Of course, you're just ignoring that in order to go on living in your liberal bubble, because if you let any actual facts in you'd have to face how bankrupt your leftist dogma is.

> muh gamergate!
Oh wow, I haven't heard that one before.

Or you'll just be called a shill, and memed to death. Face it, /pol/ hasn't been the same since reddit found it. You faggots can't even keep in your own board.

> They're both the same
When /pol/ starts actually murdering people, forcing them out of their jobs, and ruining the lives of those who disagree with them like the left does, then you can start claiming this. Until then, you're full of shit.

can you explain to me what a cuck is? and how is everyoen that disagrees with you one?

Listen here faggot, if the fucking Cuban missile crisis wasn't the tipping point a no fly-zone in bumfuck nowhere wont be. I swear you cunts just ignore precedent and history.

> Or you'll just be called a shill
Gasp, mindless shilling for the left gets you called a shill. Clearly this can't be tolerated.

> You faggots can't even keep in your own board.
Why should we? Facts don't belong to any board.

It's true, when you let that seep into your board, /pol/ dropped in quality. It went from accepting the fact they were seen as 'racist', to trying to cover it up, like it's something to be ashamed of. It's always

>Oh, I don't mean niggers are niggers, I mean BAD niggers are niggers.

When before, /pol/ had the BALLS to go.

>Yes. They're niggers, and in certain places, there has litterally been NO CASES of whites raping blacks.

Gamergate summoned the hoards of reddit, and they turned /pol/ wishy washy. Just like an Atheist who's actually anti-christan. They're the 'right' to the 'left'. They still share many of the same views. They only LOOK right, because the left is so extreme now. Fuck off. You should've noticed /pol/ has been sldiing left since you faggots came in.

can someone repost this thread in a week or so without mentioning any specific politicians in the intro text. its a cool idea but this thread went to shit to quickly and to completely to have any real chance of turning around.

>W-we need to le redditpill Veeky Forums guys.

And your opposite numbers would tell us the exact same thing about their own beliefs. Everyone has their infographics, everyone has their "moral obligations," everyone has their "facts."

Left wing, right wing, SAME BIRD TRYING TO PECK MY EYES OUT.

>Left wing, right wing, SAME BIRD TRYING TO PECK MY EYES OUT.
Holy shit, that is a splendid metaphor.

oh lord the Drumpfkins are back

He said Hillery. Thus, it is an alternate timeline. All these butthurt leftists need to get off their ass and make some stories up instead of being offended.

I'd tell the story of how we used to be caught up in little things. How we used this thing called 'social media' to communicate almost every bit of our lives to others, even strangers. It was a time both incredibly simple, and amazingly complex for the West. You could use the internet to find a question to any answer, or ask a question and have it answered yourself. Knowledge was so easy to obtain, very few bothered to do so.

I'd tell them of excess. The glorious excess. One could realistically spend hours a day doing nothing but staring at their personal cellular devices, playing games made in another country, bounced off satellites in outer space to a device made in yet another country. It'd seem like magic to them, as I'd describe satellites and the way the world was so connected. You could see someone 2,000 miles away from a tiny metal device no larger than my hand.

I'd tell them of the mistakes we made, too. When I felt down or missed the old world, I'd teach them love. No, not some gay "Everyone needs to be loved and you should accept getting your ass kicked" tier stuff, but a general idea that the destruction of our beautiful world was not worth human hate.

But most of all, I'd tell them to check these sweet repeating digits.

Man, it's premptive /pol/ing. We KNOW how this'll go, as you can see in the thread itself, and don't pretend, that this didn't attract /pol/ and tumblr, and....
Frankly I'm tired of this election,especially with it being tossed every fucking where.

Most informed discussion on /pol/ is about eskimos, not actual politics, since most people there have pretty similar ideologies.
But, damn, so they have some good eskimo threads.

A cuck means someone who lets another take what is rightfully his.
Like a German letting a Somali take his tax money in welfare.
It comes from the word cuckold, or a man who's wife is cheating on him.

I will tell the children of the distant lands to which i went to spread the word of God and give service (i spent several years working for the church in Asia).I will of course then teach them the word of the Lord and explain all this happened because people got wicked and God punished us. I will tell them of Alaska, i will tell them of Cliff diving at Flaming Gorge and hikes through the Uintas. I will tell them about the castles i saw in Scotland. I'l tell them about visiting the Carribean and about Disney world. I will inspire wanderlust and the drive to explore. And then i'll educate them on the various anachronistic things i know because i learned them for the sake of ttrpgs and book writing, and my knowledge of basic survival skills and the methods of producing ancient weapons will actually be useful.

>I will tell them about the castles i saw in Scotland.

Depending on how the nuclear holocaust pans out- we might actually get to see some "contemporary" fortresses and castles be erected in our own lands.

That and the actual castles of europe probably seeing some use once more with more modern refurbishings of course.

> I+don't+know+what+political+correctness+is+or+why+it+is+a+seriously+problem.png

> Drumpf

Leftists claim that foreigners should be welcomed, yet attack someone for having a foreign sounding name.

Somehow I'm not surprised.

That's not the criticism you dingus. The critique is that he is seemingly ashamed of his German heritage.

I've watched enough post-apoc to know I'm not just gonna grow old. I'm going to die instantly and horribly, or I'm starting an empire.

The worst part about all this?

It won't end when the election does.

Non-moderates are destroying the planet.

> moderates
Because allowing mudslimes to rape only half of the nation's women is so much better.

"Moderate" just means marxism soon instead of marxism now.

Speak Prussian to me. You dirty capitalist swine.

It's actually incredibly easy to let mudslimes into your nation without driving your rape, robbery and murder statistics through the roof. The secret is to only let the ones with balls and chains in.

No one buys your marxist boogeyman crap pol, it's not the 50's anymore.

Underrated

You both sound like great moderates.

Sage

Hardly. There isn't any similarity between the two. The right is trying to defend the nation against invasion and sabotage. The left is trying to flood it with shitskins in order to dilute the nation's identity and create a subservient population that will accept government control over all aspects of their lives.

Acting like there is something wrong with "both extremes" is ridiculous. One side is clearly the one that is doing harm.

Holy fuck, shut the fucking hell up, you stupid fucking neo-nazis. How about we ship you and the SJWs off to some desert island somewhere where you can murder the shit out of each other, and we'll all get on to living our normal-ass human lives free from either of your authoritarian fascistic bullshit.

Tell you what, you can throw all the SJWs into a volcano on the island since they'll probably suck at fighting back - even against fat white trash. And then you can all pile yourselves into a big ditch, cover yourselves in petrol, and burn to death so you can finally be like your husbando Hitler-chan.

SAGE.

SAGE SAGE SAGE.

Folklore and tradition are basic aspects of culture, fucko. Good luck founding an enlightened society without anything unscientific or logical.

Political Correctness is slightly less bad than Unbridled Racism.

>the cuban missile crisis
>anything like the situation today

I guess I shouldn't come to Veeky Forums if I want someone who actually understands world politics.

Wrong.
Political correctness opposes facts, while racism is based in fact. Racism is vastly superior. Nations have survived being racist for centuries. No nation can survive once it has been taken over by political correctness.

Drinking game: take a shot for every [citation needed]