Tell me about dwarf samurai.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nuclear_bunker_buster
goodreads.com/book/show/224534.Snow_White_and_the_Seven_Samurai
youtube.com/watch?v=bVSNKn3YTew
myredditnudes.com/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Why does he wear the kabuto?

Well, the Japanese are pretty fucking short...

Arquebuses. Arquebuses everywhere.

They're the best Mech Jockeys in Highpoint.

I actually like to have a japanese influence in my dwarves, it's usually not the most obvious influence (no dwarves in kimono's committing Sudoku) but I just feel that it fits that kind of extremely lawful society

They're just as dumb as every other samurai.

EHHH??? NANI?!

A lot of loyalty for a hired warrior!

>Samurai
>Loyal
Sengoku era Japan called, it says your an idiot.

Ninja were more loyal than the average samurai.

A normal samurai will always defeat them since they're so short and have shorter swords.

No.

Would a nuclear bomb drop does much damage to a primarly underground city?

Yes.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nuclear_bunker_buster

*you're

You are fucking retarded

I hate to break it to you but there was a banepost going on

Bane?

The mosquito man?

>samurai wearing full plate armour
>that dwarf's katana being viable against other dwarf samurai in full plate armour
>you getting laid

Yeah, I somehow don't think so, OP.

So their weapons are a combination of 'dwarven craftsmanship' and is also folded 10,000 times? What could possibly stand up to such a combination

You mean Durin's Bane.

>diamond

>people having fun with Bane posts
>better let my autism spoil the merriment

my dick

Yes. Samurai were a deathcult. Ninja were religious mercenaries.

Samurai armor was mostly treated wood. Its not like plate armor.

>dwarf samurai

>....

>ELF NINJA

>orc monk

with the AC bonuses tiny targets get, probably

You have no idea what you are talking about.

Regular dwarven craftsmanship

>Kender ashigaru

>posting the same gif that has been misproven a thousand times over
also
>comparing two swords that have very different uses

>orc monk
>once he fought with brutal rage
>now he has learned that true strength comes without rage
>he has calmed his mind and draws power from his focus
>once he saw violence as something glorious and revelled in it
>now he finds glory in the harmony of the world and revels in peace and contemplation
>he travels back to his tribe to teach them the path to enlightenment, to greater strength through peace and calm
I would play the shit out of this character

>not goblin ashigaru

You mean from the classic film Snow White and the Seven Samurai?

>Snow White and the Seven Samurai
I'd watch it.

Thats a disney reimagining I could get behind! The party face and her rough band of wandering warriors, displaced after slaying the beloved queen of their homeland, defend a humble peasant village against a horde of bandit marauders.

i would watch it

A+ would watch

They don't use katana

>Implying that isnt a mithril katana folded one billion times capable of cutting trough dragons

I dont know if they find it amazing or are really offended by it.

Must be offended, Japanese metal is really impure, that's why they fold it so many times, to get that shit out of it.

Nope, that's a meme. Japanese sand iron is no worse than any other sand iron, and the impurities are removed in the steel making process long before anyone even thinks to turn it into a sword.
The "impurities" are the reason why you need literal tons of sand to get even a small amount of iron. Once you have the iron, it's iron, and once you turn it into steel, it's no different than any other steel of the same grade.

You don't know shit about the true Samurai race

Same size as normal samurai

>t. Extra History memer
kys desu

goodreads.com/book/show/224534.Snow_White_and_the_Seven_Samurai
I read it. It's kinda meh, but maybe it's just too british in terms of its humor for me? I like Tom Holt more when he's K.J. Parker.

Then what's this?

Standard sword constructing techniques?

They're short.

Found him guys

Japanese metal was impure, but tamahagane was one of the best steel types in the world. Still not as good as Damascus steel, but not bad by any stretch.
Folding the blade was still a sign of primitive metalworking techniques though. The dwarves would probably no longer have the tools to make such a blade, because they would be obsolete. Not to mention that IIRC katanas were hard to repair IRL.

mah nigga

A dwarf samurai
A dwarf and a samurai
This isn't that hard

>misproven
What is there to misprove?

>extremely lawful
>samurai were legally allowed to just cut down anyone in the street for even looking at them funny so long as they weren't a samurai
>They were more backstabby than you think, with actual loyal samurai being a lower percentage overall
>they were in reality more organized killers than noble warriors before they were romanticized
>Geisha were glorified prostitutes
>lawful society
>trying to reflect that on dwarves
>mfw

>standard sword constructing technique
its just a layout of japanese katana blades and the material layout. Nothing standard about it,

they're probably offended because the blade isn't a consistent quality metal all throughout. using different carbon grade steel to structure a blade tends to do that.

Also because it's completely different to how western blades were forged, where they focused more on tempering/quenching a consistent high quality steel to get harder edges/ more flexibility rather than structuring it with different grade steel to get the same effect

turns out honor-based societies become horrifically corrupt when people realize they can choose actual currency in favor of honor.

And knights were little more than glorified rapist bullies and the wild west had far less crime than chicago today.

Exactly,

Dwarves were built more on kinship, oaths and grudges more than hinour though

even without getting into D&D awful alignments, 'law driven society' doesn't mean 'nice society'

And I never said it had to be nice, but feudal japan was utter anarchy, not lawful or structured, systematic even

Geisha were all men for a long time so I'm not sure how true that is.

Lawful as in orderly. Doofus.

>geisha were all men for a long time

yeah, because the geisha we know today only adopted the name after the male entertainers, being known as Odoriko initially iirc. but this branch of female entertainer/prostitutes are what I was referring to in the first place, not the entirely separate male entertainers.

Sauce?

>confusing the hardness of steel with the purity of steel

Steel's hardness/softness is a product of the tempering process, not the material purity you dipshit. The purity of the steel determines its limitations, not its material state.

I second this call for delicious sauce

Halfling ninjas are superior desu senpai

>what is reading conprehension
carbon grade, carbon content? Are you fucking daft? Have you ever seen how they forge the steel to work the katana from? It's completely different to using one solid piece of steel and hammering/grinding it, and tempering it you ignorant fuck. They layer different pieces of steel with different carbon content and softness into the structure that another user posted the diagram of further up the thread, they then forge weld the steel into one piece so they can start working it into the blade. the only time they temper the blade is when they cover the blade edge with a mixture to soften the body again at the end, giving it the wavy edge look it's so famous for. Fucking christ,

It's funny because dwarf is spelled 'nain' in French

>kobold portuguese missionary

Looks like "Drifters".

That could just as easily describe feudal Japo society.

and its kouta hirano to boot
ohboy

>utter anarchy

You should take your meds and come back tomorrow.

>Dwarves were built more on kinship, oaths and grudges more than hinour though
What would be the dwarven equivalent of an honor duel?

blood oaths and exile, is my best guess. That, or a clan war.

Bar-fight

Anime for it just came out. Called "Drifters."

youtube.com/watch?v=bVSNKn3YTew

Not really, Geisha were female.
Similar to the Greek though only men were allowed to perform on stage so for theatres and shit they used feminine men.

It's pretty good, go read/watch it. Also the OP/ED is great for it.

>only men were allowed to perform on stage
nah man. Not Geisha, hell, their way of debuting as one was to have them perform in front of a bunch of potential buyers in a theatre in a bid for the geisha's virginity.

At least, if the memoirs are anything to go by

>Ork Ikko-Ikki being burned alive by Dwarven Nobunaga

id play it.

underrated

>Drifters Anime finally came out.
Well holy fuck its about time.

>Kitsune dutch merchants

>goes back to his tribe to teach them
>they accuse him of abandoning their ways
>he must prove himself in an honour duel with the warchief
>he trounces him with kung-fu
>instead of delivering a permanent scar, as is the custom, he kneels down
>"our kind has shed enough blood, brother"
>and he leads the orc people into a new golden age

>OGRE SHOGUN

If I take off the beard, will you die?

You're a stout guy.

Nothing to do with impurities, that's for sure.
You use harder steel for the edge because it retains sharpness better. You use softer steel for the spine because that gives it a little wiggle room. The process is different in other parts of the world, but the concept is the same everywhere.
All three kinds of steel are "pure". Steel doesn't have much tolerance for impurities. Too much shit that isn't iron and it doesn't even qualify as steel anymore.

No it wasn't. Even before the Sengoku Jidai, nanban cuirasses, primarily portugeuse, were in use. Even below that, chainmail was seen. The lacquered wood thing is such a meme.

Even before coming in contact with the portugese, their armor was mostly small plate laminar with some chainmail here and there.

The wood armor thing comes from the fact that the nips would lacquer their metal armor, and westerners had only seen lacquered wood previously. So they see that it's hard and lacquered and assume that it was wood.

>all these weeabeards in this thread