The Emperor -- Arch Traitor

The Emperor knew.

He knew all along - about the Hersey - about Horus (why he was chosen as Warmaster to begin with!) - about the traitors and about the long war. It is all part of the plan - the one and only narrow route to ensure humanity's continued survival.

Everything I am about to quote is from Horus Hersey books and cannon (I have read every one, I have listened to every audio drama, I have read countless volumes of other lore).

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=44SJ81X0NfQ]
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Horus himself states when referring to the traitor Primarchs that he is only "the master of broken monsters" and that those behind him are "only the flawed and damaged". SOURCE: (Warmaster)[ youtube.com/watch?v=44SJ81X0NfQ]

This is by the Emperors design. The Emperor ensured that the deviant Primarchs (which he always intended to destroy eventually) sided with Horus against him.

Sanguinious and Konrad Curze (both gifted with foresight) admit that their Father's gift of foresight must have been even greater than theirs. That reading the future to Him must have been like turning the pages of a book. They admit he must have seen the future where there is a rebellion. SOURCE: Unremembered Empire

The Primarchs were scattered to "random" planets that mysteriously suited their personal proclivities just perfectly? Moratorion with his indefatigable constitution ends up on a planet filled with poison, Logar on a planet obsessed with faith, Leman Russ on a planet with Wolves? The scattering was controlled, not random.

In another novel, a Blood Angel from the year 40k enters a trance and travels into the past. He sees another brother (the Blood Angel whose gene seed he carries) in the year 30k. Realizing that it is 10,000 years in the past, the Blood Angel desperately tries to warn his predecessor about Horus, tries to save his gene-father Sanguineous from death. The Sanguinor stops him from warning his brother about the Hersey. The Sanguinor stops him from saving Sanguinious.

Why? Because it is the Emperors will that Sanguineous dies.

The Emperor is warned repeatedly about the Hersey, yet does nothing to stop it.

Warned by an Astropath, warned by Magnus the Red and warned by another. He doesn't stop it because he doesn't want it to be stopped, not because he is "trapped on a golden chair holding a portal closed", ha! He needed an excuse for his silence - otherwise it would have made no sense to anyone - including the forces of Chaos! He tricked them too!

The Emperors behavior is totally irrational unless he was purposely engineering the Hersey.

He was a genius to such an extent not even the Primarchs could comprehend his full talent, the idea he was irrational and just a bad father is nonsense. He was creating vulnerable Primarchs on purpose for some other end. Why not save Angron's friends? Why not remove the butchers nails? Why not treat Perturabo like he was more than a siege master? Why not comfort Konrad Curze? Why not just tell your sons about the warp!?

Because you know they'll find out - that's why. And you want them to react the way you have foreseen.

And that's it.

That's why Veeky Forums, I call upon you to worship the Dark Monarchs, who reward devotion to truly loyal evangelists.

Praise the Ruinous Powers!

Target this Heritic who dose not under stand how warp-fun creations of science had some link to chaos and thus upon the scattering, each god flung them to their design in an attempted to taint them later, only achieving half of their plans!
NOT to mention the Eldar who also took steps to drive the future! A massive war of 3 futures was fought and all was brought to a stalemate. WE FIGHT IN HIS HONOR AND TO ACHIEVE OUR GOLDEN AGE CHAOS SCUM!

Emperor wanted some of his sons to betray him, he knew chaos would spit roast him so controlling that would allow him to gain the upper hand. Therefore the Emperor fostered distrust amongst some of his sons, Mortarion, Lorgar, Curze, Angron, all unstable or distrusting of the Imperium and therefore prime subjects to rebel against the Emperor and fall to chaos, the Emperor fed them to the gods so that the rebellion would be small and containable but it failed and Horus became the arch-traitor and gathered more forces than what he expected. Perturarbo, for example, with Horus leading the loyalist he would've stayed bitter but loyal, Fulgrim would also stay loyal without Horus and Lorgar meddling in his legion and Magnus, while Tzeentch might've made him his bitch anyway he could've been saved or taken to Terra if the rebellion isnt organized but rather a mish mash of unstable legions.

The rebellion was coming but the Emperor thought he could foster it on certain legions therefore controlling its flow, he failed and instead of winning against the gods he created a stalemate to buy time for humanity to ascend.

The emps somehow new what they liked while they were still test tube babies? The primarch's were molded by the worlds they grew up on fool.

> The environments they were placed on and grew up on were specifically chosen to reflect their (Innate?) personalities

Or...

> Their personalities were influenced by their environments and cultures they were brought up in

You chose the former...

Your logic makes literally no sense...

Explain yourself user...

Is there any information about the Emprahs armor/sword?

You'd think in a setting like 40k his sword would be some fuckawesome relic with its own story

>tl;dr

I don't know, this is a post I got from reddit

Friendly reminder that there is almost definitely a machine spirit in his armor.

I see your problem OP
>is from Horus Hersey books
>Canon

I can see how you got confused.

Yeah he did actually.

He tweaked the Primarchs to have certain strengths. He always knew Russ would be the one with the best resistance to psyker shit, knew Perty and Magnus would be the smartest, knew Robot would be the best coordinator, etc.

>Russ would be the one with the best resistance to psyker shit
Source?

Actually source for any of you head canon?

He making shit up. Even going by the BL books the reason Magnus doesnt just blow Russ away is the amount of psychic wards and runes protecting Russ along with the normal Primarch affinity for the warp. Yes this is extremely hypocritical but thats the SW's for you.

As for the Primarchs ending up on planets that suited them and this all being a part of his plan eh sort of. Putting that down to the Emperors plan or the Chaos Gods is up to you. A much better plan would have just been to 'win' so so saying that the Heresy was his plan you need to explain why this is better then there being no heresy for the Emperors plan not to be retarded.

His armour was broken up and a shard of it is placed into each crux terminatus.

My homebrew chapter has his sword.

>Everything I am about to quote is from Horus Hersey books
Stopped reading there

>I don't know, this is a post I got from reddit
Holy fuck its true. If you google the first line it's just a post from reddit. Wtf were you thinking? Why would you post this (poorly I might add) without having the information to back up your point of view?

I thought Veeky Forums might like it.

It's an interesting theory user I'll give you that.

I'm actually starting to believe in it.

Supposedly a Sister of Silence went back in time and was killed by another Sister for trying to warn (the Emperor?) of the heresy.

From that reddit thread of course.

>talking shit about the best of us all
You're not even worthy of being called a "heretic" or a "traitor". Just hang yourself, no one wants to dirty their hands with you.

Which other?

True. Its in a short story