Pathfinder General /pfg/

Pathfinder General /pfg/

>THIS IS IMPORTANT!
If you want build advice make sure to say what 3pp you can use, if any.
>THIS IS IMPORTANT!

Kitsune Edition: How do you like the new kitsune flavor and options in Blood of the Beast, written by Augunas?

Unified /pfg/ link repository: pastebin.com/JTj1yEmU

Kineticists of Porphyra IV: End of an Era playtest: docs.google.com/document/d/1XTgiUdDSrTCvATEDeDJ4MnbDgS6KEBLu2e9mjj5fwaw/edit
Broken Shackles Playtest: app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/59701/broken-shackles-test-play

Old Thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

docs.google.com/document/d/1AN2Aa67Ze8sLKtVCVb_06ihp0-i8dE4BBeaF9g9Qf2Y/edit
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Is Augunas the single worst thing to happen to Paizo homebrew?

3pp or no?

As much as I hate augunas, I have to admit that the race options for kitsune he's done, even in his 3pp books, are pretty solid "would consider using"/10's.

He's still a furfag-in-denial with shit opinions, and I hope he can at least learn to tame his fetish for poorly drawn anthro fox people.

So, I've gotten a bit further with my bard/cleric hybrid class, the Pastor. Added the War and Trickery domain, because that's very easy.

Just want to see if you guys think there's any worth in what I have now, or if I should go back to the drawing board again.

docs.google.com/document/d/1AN2Aa67Ze8sLKtVCVb_06ihp0-i8dE4BBeaF9g9Qf2Y/edit

Not sure, I tend not to drink Homebrew as I prefer to a nice ale or rum to the homemade crap.

I don't really have much of an opinion on it either way, just one more thing my players will badger me about most likely if they figure out I know about it.

It pisses me off that Augunas usually makes really good crunch even when his greasy furry fingerprints are all over it.

Oh great, we're back to kitsune posting.

What's the best familiar to use if going Eldritch Guardian Fighter? I'm doing the AWT meme build, and was thinking of getting a Mauler Fox, and grabbing Outflank, and then going up the Dirty Trick line.

>I tend not to drink Homebrew as I prefer to a nice ale or rum

Rum is gross raw, but I can certainly appreciate a good ale!

I like mixing some coca cola in with my rum. A habit I picked up from my father a while back, I suppose

Didn't see them, so couldn't say.

I think someone was talking about a giant mauler crab at some point-not sure how it stacks up to the standard issue murderfox.

user, are you implying there is ANYTHING wrong with being a voluptuous panther-girl that loves getting fucked by authority figures?

Man I wish I could enjoy rum and coke anymore, after getting hard drunk on some cheap-ass rum mixed with the stuff I can't even smell it without retching.

Moonshine's good though!

Haven't seen the new options yet, look forward to it.

I am actually the DM, so third party is perfectly applicable.

I'm actually kinda looking for more personality stuff, but a build ideas for a party of the prince and princess', led by a Dragon//Alchemist//Bard, would be rather excellent. Level 11 is the level I plan for it to end on with a party of bard//alchemists.

Generally, I'm for Spheres of Power, select choices from path of war (For more options, not more damage), psionic materials, and 3.5 stuff upon request.

The fact that you must even ask means that it is already too late.

So. Say I wanted to make an Amazonian Catty Barbarian, is that sort of build even worth pursuing? I usually see people say non-magic classes are ass. Is there a good setup for a spear-wielding primitive hunter sort?

>I usually see people say non-magic classes are ass. Is there a good setup for a spear-wielding primitive hunter sort?

They're being dick-ass memesters, Barbarian is a perfectly functional class to pick and one I've personally had a lot of fun with.

Yes, but you might have to work a little harder, depending on what you fight.

Can you tell us about the campaign?

Make the Prince an avowed with the Nation pact. It's perfect.
He literally gets supernatural power from his dedication to the empire.

One princess would be a crimson countess harbinger. Dominating, confident personality that doesn't let her prey escape. As a bonus, can turn into a puddle of blood.

Another should be a Shattered Mind Occultist, a studious princess who has parts of her personality and soul stored in her psicrystals. As such, gets flustered whenever specific items like her crown or brooch are taken from her.

The youngest could be a Knight Chandler Mystic, a bright and optimistic girl who fiercely believes in hope and what's right, with her spirit manifesting as a mote of light that empowers people around it.

Yes I did just recommend you a bunch of classes that can each take hours to build

>That spoiler

You're an ~animal~, user, an ANIMAL.

Just remember that unarmed strikes can be performed with -ANY- part of the body.

For their(your?) sake I also hope these are mostly for flavor or out of combat things, because if the GM ever tried to play them all as participants in the same battle they might die.

user we have known this since the Old Days of /pfg/, when Greta reigned supreme and the world was still young.

Jesus fucking Christ am I the only one getting freaked out at how you've been here so long you can say "Before Kitsune Posting" and "After Kitsune Posting?"

Not if you're a monk.
>A monk's attacks can be with fists, elbows, knees, and feet.

There was an user a few threads back who had the idea of a Keijo oneshot where everyone used unarmed fool's errand with another discipline of their choice, though.

Okay, real-talk here.

Would your current character (male or female) join into an explicitly erotic or very lewd sport (such as Keijo) if it meant lots of filthy lucre?

Asking for advice on playing a Druid. Specifically a Tree singer. I have done lots of Pathfinder but never touched druid, strange enough. I'm guessing my role is mostly around shifting and battlefield control and ally buffing? Should I get a planty animal companion (Puffball and Sapling look fun) or go Growth Domain for buffs?

Pic related. My Treesingers end goal (to become a living jungle that can just make living plant bodies for himself to dwell in whenever he wants)

I'd say Evil. I don't even really know what half of those things are. (Not THAT familiar with path of war, hence select choices).

Probably should have mentioned- Currently, I have it so that the band has been kidnapped from their home kingdom and more or less taken over by the dragon in an attempt to turn them into a pop group to gain passage in a secret tower and ascend to godhood.
Keep in mind, they're gestalted with Bard.

Continuing, I'm split on setting. Should I have it set in the modern day, medieval era, or the current idea, which is having the dragon rip into the modern day, and the bardchamists have to follow him.

Is blood of the beast as full of magical realm as grimoire of lost souls?

Can we get more than just this one page? maybe get a big screencap with highlights and page numbers of all the offending material?

Because just the one page over and over is easy for certain people (paizo) to wave off.

My future one would

I'm going to use that gestalt rotr game to play a proper bloody-knuckled-rowdy via Bloodrager/Brawler gestalt.

>My future one would

Tell us about your future RotRL character.

He or she sound like an interesting character.

No, he would build a robot to do so.
I don't even know what keijo is, but it wouldn't stop him from integrating several long range energy weapons into the frame anyways.

Well it looks like some of Alex's stuff has been removed from the Paizo store for the time being. Childhood Adventures has a product thread, but no reviews or product information and can't be purchased.

What's he done?

I dunno they're just kinda coming together in my head.

I'm still trying to figure out what they'd look like exactly (can't decide on bloodline yet), but what I DO know is that they'd be an amazon

If I go arcane i might have them have like magic-circuit looking tattoos too.

>I'm still trying to figure out what they'd look like exactly (can't decide on bloodline yet), but what I DO know is that they'd be an amazon

>attractive young woman that can fly into fits of magically-enhanced rage to smash things with her unnaturally powerful fists

Sir, have you considered making this girl a Huldra?

honestly i just wish there was a cool gravity/space bloodline.

That depends on your definition of "lots."

It'd probably take more money than she'd actually know what to do with.

Pic only tangentially related, she uses a shield.

Thinking about a character for that lewd RotR/JR campaign and I could use some help. My first impression for this character is that I want to make half of the gestalt either a swashbuckler or a daring champion cavalier (basically dex-based warrior with payoffs for having high cha since I'm thinking about some flavor of cha based caster for the other half), but I see that PoW is allowed in this campaign. I've never had a chance to play around with PoW since my GM is of the Paizo only persuasion, so I'm not super familiar with the classes. I know I probably want something running scarlet throne, but I'm kind of stumped on what class/archetype to work with. Any suggestions?

>She's willing to get very lewd in front of an audience if it means money
>Only if it means a lot of money!

What kind of woman is this?

Yes. He's an Elven Cleric of Desna.

But, he can't be erotic and combat effective at the same time.

Pic semi related

It depends how lewd.
Keijo is a-okay with my charisma characters.

Warlord/aegis has enough confidence in herself to not get embarrassed, considering she walks around wearing nothing but a skintight astral suit.

Night Terror Vigilante sees her feminine charm as one of her weapons, so she'd be right in there.

Every other character would be terrified at the idea and absolutely refuse.

>but I'm kind of stumped on what class/archetype to work with. Any suggestions?

Ooh! Ooh! Why don't you take a good look at Warlord or Warder? Those are the two classes you should be looking at for an effective Scarlet Throne style character!

In fact, I'd suggest taking a look at Scarlet Throne Style and the Scarlet Throne maneuvers for inspiration on just what would make this character effective; Scarlet Throne Style removes any and all penalties to one-handing a weapon (makes it treat the weapon as though it's two-handed) while Scarlet Einhander gives you +2 AC and +1d6 damage for one-handing, meaning you're better off doing that than two-handing!

Dare you enter his magical realm?

Do you?
It's full of yifffing.

Post things that were an inspiration for the last character you made. Guess what characters were inspired. Get ideas from other people. Debate who has better taste.

if i did they'd have to be a Fey bloodline

which while isn't terrible, isn't the greatest bloodline

I realized this is the inspiration I've been using for my Warder/Artisan character.

One who doesn't have any specific modesty, but who really does not like going out of her way without a serious reward.

A sport like that is rather far out of her way.

Could also take a look at the Daring Hero PrC from april augmented. It's sort of a joke class, but is also sort of not.

Be the Errol Flynn you want to be, user!

Vigilante Stalker is int-based but amazing for scarlet throne.
They get free inspiration on all sense motive checks, and can take the Empathy investigator talent to always roll sense motive twice and take the higher.
Even if you're not Wis-based, enjoy never failing a sense motive based maneuver again.

So when are we uniting the Elemental Planes against the Abyss?

I /d/are to do a lot of things mainly /b/ecause I have grown numb to it.

Now what has he done to elevate himself above the average yiffing homebrewer?

Sounds like the character wants to go Daring Champion, which is Charisma-based which means I need to tell you the best thing to do is go Warlord! Trust me, it's one of the more powerful Path of War classes, you won't regret it!

why aren't there more bloodrager bloodlines anyways

Because the Paizo of now is much lazier than the Paizo of yesteryear, Bloodrager is a class they probably forgot even exists.

Seems like its something that would be relatively simple to add. They're not complex or anything

Like seriously, I can rattle off at least 4-5 good ideas for a bloodrager bloodline literally right now.

Because nothing from the APG ever gets content except for the investigator.

>I can rattle off at least 4-5 good ideas for a bloodrager bloodline literally right now.

Okay Mr. Smart Guy, tell us the bloodrager bloodline ideas you got!

What would be a goof match for a shield-focused warder (ordained defender) in a gestalt game? Or just a regular warder?

Slayer is always a solid match for Warder regardless of the archetype.

Well ok

Definitely a gravity/space based one, plenty of spells to support it and could have cool effects like increasing damage dice of weapons as if they were a size bigger

Obviously a werewolf/lunar based one. Easy to fluff, easy to give abilities too

A Dark-tapestry/Old gods could be a really interesting bloodline to put in as well

While there exist catch-alls like the elemental bloodline, a return of the deep earth, aquatic, ect would all be welcome imo, especially because deep earth can be more metal themed, and aquatic can really be more water themed than the ice-theme it has in a lot of ways

A solar based one would be equally cool to bring in. Praise the sun motherfuckers. Praise the sun.

As a bonus, plenty of Sorc bloodlines could be converted over anyways.

>goof match

A tengu wizard, obviously.

Question:
What settings would be good for a homebrew musical campaign?

I'm currently working on the bardchamist campaign, and I'm split on whether to set it in the modern era, medieval era, or jump from medieval to modern. Or to have a medieval era that is essentially a modern era earth with more magic music.

As it stands, here's the plot stub for the plot:

>Dragon kidnaps the four descendents
>Party tracks the trail of fire and explosions and death to a massive cavern that is mysteriously empty.
>Discover a giant fuckass portal, discover that the only person who knows how to work the thing to get you there is a Dr Henry Jekyll.
>Go to city of [Insert city name here]
>Discover that it's being terrorized by two people, both named Hyde.

>Travel through portal
>Discover a different world, and discover that the stolen royals are now a pop band, about to play on this platform.
>For some reason have to fight an army of undead rapping gangsters.
>Discover that there's a performance on the top of an epic tower with a fuckton of security.
>Fight their way through a small army to stop their performance, which will wake the dragons father in this world and have the dragon ascend to godhood.
>Climb to top, fight the dragon, the building explodes, fight the dragon in free-fall
>Defeat dragon
>End

>What settings would be good for a homebrew musical campaign?

Metalocalypse, Brutal Legend, Middle-Earth.

believe it or not, this book was reported, in-depth, to one of the folks at paizo and a response was given

I asked that on the forums, and the obvious answer is no, because Paizo isn't THAT bad explicitly, at least.

The party is going to be sitting down to have dinner with the lord that has been campaigning to have them arrested, tried and hanged for their crimes (there aren't any, the BBEG has been whispering lies into his ear).

The party received his invitation, and as far as I can tell, they honestly believe he wishes to talk about the matter with them like adults.

In truth, he's planning to betray them during the dinner and attempt to kill all of them, or at least disable them so he can have them hauled off to prison.

Any suggestions on how I can make this an event that the players will have influence over? I don't want it to be forced.

Just because I'm a nice guy:

Macross is a perfect setting for a musical campaign, its sci-fi though

>Any suggestions on how I can make this an event that the players will have influence over?

You know, maybe he would have second thoughts about the arrest if they honestly start insinuating they had nothing to do with the Bad Things?

DELETE THIS

Let's say I wanted to play Genos in an Iron Gods campaign, what class would you suggest I play if 3pp is allowed?

I had this in mind already. The party has a very low CHA on average and rather poor Diplomacy as well, so I was just needing to think about the other options if they fail to convince him.

Uhm why?

because we have a faggot that comes here and shits up threads every night with his autistic sperging for this PDF and I want to deny him any joy.

Hello?

Denying people joy, even the assholes, only makes the assholes worse. Besides it's not JUST for him to enjoy. It's for everyone.

Maybe they overhear some bumbling guardsmen arguing about the ramifications of the arrest and the details of the plan?

Some sort of Monk heavily outfitted with cybernetics, probably.

He's an absolute jobber that is considered indispensable to the team even though he's always getting knocked out

HELLO!

Most fun way to build a Landsknecht?

I wouldn't put it past the Rogue to go snooping around the lord's manor at night to see what's up, I'll definitely make sure to have some idiot guards ready to make somewhat reveal commentary if he isn't spotted.

I can't imagine a campaign that *wouldn't* be improved with a pair of Rosencrantz and Guildensterns talking about the implications of the most recent plot development.

Now I'm tempted to have a pair of bumbling guardsmen that always seem to be around for someone to learn about what might be about to happen if they can actually be bothered with listening to them.

Fighter with archetype for polearms or two-handed weapons

It doesn't have to be!
You can refluff a kitsune to be a huldra (probably one of the variant types in Bloodforge for better stat line-ups) and then take a bloodline like Demonic or Destined for more reworking ("these claw attacks are like a nine-tailed fox!", etc)!

But its literally a fey creature user

What would pfg build to these rules?

==Path of Keijo==
>Level 8
>Characters must play martials, preferably with initiating
>You are encouraged to main Fool's Errand and one other discipline
>All characters can only attack with unarmed strikes with their breasts or butt. Breasts and butt are discipline weapons for all disciplines.
>Keijo fights take place on a small arena. Falling prone, or exiting the arena, instantly disqualifies you.
>As such, any effect that would make you fall prone or leave the arena has a reflex save, if it didn't already have one.
>You may use strength instead of dexterity on these specific saves, and if you are above 75% health you have a +6 bonus, above 50% is a +4 bonus, and if you are below 25% you both have a -4 penalty and can no longer use any maneuvers to substitute a skill check for the save.

Oh my gosh I can't tell you how excited I am that you asked this!

The absolute *most fun* way to make a Landsknecht is prestiging into it from the ZweiSent Warder, that way you have awesome abilities like Armiger's Mark and Defensive Focus that can be fluffed up as your character's raw force of battlefield presence!

As for weapons? The longsword is a classic, but I personally love going for the Aldori Dueling Sword, since that's basically a Longsword+ and *built* for one-handed swordsmen types, which the Landsknecht is.

THAT SAID, I'll be honest with you when I say Landsknecht isn't really that useful beyond 5th level, since by then you'll have all the "good" parts of the prestige class and the rest is bumbling nothing-stuff that isn't passive ability.

In conclusion, the most fun way to build a Landsknecht is Warder (Zweihander Sentinel) 15 | Landsknecht 5 with the full tree of Scarlet Throne Style feats, wielding an Aldori Dueling Sword.

Is it okay if the inspiration was a drawfag's art?

>The absolute *most fun* way to make a Landsknecht is prestiging into it from the ZweiSent Warder, that way you have awesome abilities like Armiger's Mark and Defensive Focus that can be fluffed up as your character's raw force of battlefield presence!

Ooh, and the reason I used ZweiSent Warder is that Scarlet Throne Style explicitly allows you to use all the abilities of ZweiSent while wielding a weapon in one hand, and Aegis can easily be fluffed as your character parrying blows.

It's probably exactly what you think it is and he is fun.

If anyone has questions about the book I can answer them. If they care. Which I doubt but still!

Iron Baron harbinger.
Sunder all the butts.

What could go wrong?

What is she supposed to be?

Jels will win at keijo, they would be the best counter-fighters ever. Squish the fuck out of the way.

>Squish the fuck out of the way.

But can they inflate their butts and boobs to gain the Ultimate Advantage over their opposition?

>[insert shitposting about my special snowflake not-slimegirl 'slimedescendants' homebrew that I've never submitted]

They have a +8 racial bonus on escape artist checks because they don't have any bones (basically nerfed compression universal rule, treated as though it were a movement ability like climb/swim/fly speeds). They do have the hold breath trait but it doesn't *quite* extend to inflating themselves (I mean if they really tried they might be able to, but it still wouldnt amount to much).

They're a +2dex, +2 con -2int race. They *can* take a hit, but they're not going to be like a half giant or anything. The moving through tight spaces (normally its an escape artist check for half, jels only make it on 1/4; full compression only checks on 1/8th) technically allows them to pull some shenanigans for positioning when combined with acrobatics.

put it up in graphic detail as the effects of class abilities?