What's your favorite chess opening, Veeky Forums?

Mine is Bird's Opening.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/zzJ8U8OtEsE
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Mine's the triple basketwoven corkscrew.

No one expects it.

Except of course anyone who knows the rules of the game.

My favorite is Hikaru no Go opening 1.

youtu.be/zzJ8U8OtEsE

Although the one for season two is also pretty great.

No frogposting here please.

1. e4

I like the I Have Not Studied Chess At All And Only Play Against Other Amateurs Opening. It works by picking a Pawn and moving it forward.

Teller's Tale, leading into Rook Fancy #4 anticipating the opponent's own Rebel's Rouse.

I move one of the knights up and out, then move a pawn up so one of my bishops can get out. It's fun.

this is rarely if ever seen in play at a high level. the reason for this is simple: it is easily refuted with a from gambit 1...e5 2...fxe5 and some brutal bishop play thereafter. it's simply not that sharp of an opening and doesnt cause nearly enough problems for black

My favorite opening is taking my handgun and laying it on the table next to the board.

d2-d4, like all civilized people play.

I must admit though, to a partiality to the Muzio Gambit, even if I hate playing e4 generally and it being unsound as all hell.

Call me a FUCKING CASUAL but it's King's Knight Opening into Ruy Lopez

First thing I do every game is castle so I can show off how much more I know about chess than the other person when they call me out on cheating

nah man, transpositions are based af. also a good way to throw computers off initially when playing them
inadvertently that's good game and should be the goal. that means you've developed a knight and bishop at least from the back rank very quickly, which is what's gotta be done. too many novice players send their queens out to hunt early bc they are in love with her power and that's not good game. own the middle w pawn(s), develop knights and bishops, and clear the back rank to castle.

Transvestite Opening
>Move one pawn forward
>Move the king into the space
>Move the queen into the king's start position
>Move the king into the queen's start position

It really mind-fucks with players who think that scholar's mate is the end-all of chess strategies

Oh man I haven't played in ages. Is that four-move win still meta? Did it get banned? Did powercreep make it unviable? Am I right in assuming that the Queen now has a 3-use per game teleport onto any currently unoccupied square? Or was it she could instantly swap places with any of her allied pieces? Fuck I really should get back into Chess.

Flying armbar. They never see it coming.

oh shit i'mma try that one of these days, thats fucking nasty.

Piledriver.

We should play Chess sometime.

h2-h4, followed by g2-g3

>Not going Ware opening

Do you even know the concept of the element of surprise?

>unsound as hell
Oh please, nobody employs the Sicilian defense anymore. It's old hat.

I just mirror whatever my opponent does until they start trying to take advantage of it.

i am not good at chess

Sicilian dragon. Then again, I play with casuals and they're like whaaaaat?

Shut up, I fucking love the sicilian defense

t., a complete asshat amateur.

>tfw don't study chess moves because it feels like cheating
>whoa "scicilian dragon that sounds tight as hell"
>i love that opening

#intuitive #Wow #inspiring

Scholar's Mate.

The muzio is a variant of the Kings Gambit, not the Sicilian.

It goes

e4, e5
f4, ext4
Nf3, g5
Bc4,g4
0-0, gxf3
Qxf3.

Accelerated Dragon

i prefer a kings game against anyone who isnt particularly good at chess. The exceptions are mostly my best buddy and this faggot.