/5eg/ - Fifth Edition General

>Official /5eg/ Mega Trove v3:
mega.nz/#F!BUdBDABK!K8WbWPKh6Qi1vZSm4OI2PQ

>Community DMs Guild trove
>Submit to [email protected], cleaning available!
mega.nz/#F!UA1BhCBS!Oul1nsYh15qJvCWOD2Wo9w

>Pastebin with resources and so on:
pastebin.com/X1TFNxck

>/5eg/ Discord server
discord.gg/0rRMo7j6WJoQmZ1b

>Veeky Forums character sheets
mega.nz/#F!x0UkRDQK!l-iAUnE46Aabih71s-10DQ

Volo's Guide to Monsters new races leak:
sli.mg/a/EvUWsI

Previous Thread

Other urls found in this thread:

media.wizards.com/2016/dnd/downloads/Volo_Firbolg107.pdf
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

So, what's a good way to make use of the Lizardfolk's ability to make a bunch of free Javelins, Darts, or Shields? What class can use those weapons the best alongside the Lizardfolk racial features?

Would it be possible to make a good profit selling them?

> QUICK Veeky Forums
I have to initiate two persons this sunday, with one or two veterans in it.
What do I run ?

Would a Lizardfolk druid learn about emotion?

Generic "fight kobolds in the nearby mine". Alternately, a /5e/ revamp of White Plume Mountain.

Veterans will be bored to hell. Can you summarize White Plume Mountain? Why is it good?

All class is fine! Yes, even bladelock! You might be suboptimal but you will still be useful to the party! Play whatever you like!!

I don't figure a Lizardfolk would learn much about emotion if they mainly lived in the wilderness and didn't spend much time with other races.

A Druid is a prime candidate to still follow the description given in the book closely. One would have to interact frequently or acclimate to a society to really pick up on it, and they'd need to be raised by another race for it to really be second nature to them.

Taking requests for Volo's Guide to Monsters.

Keep in mind that I will not be scanning the book, as I don't have access to a scanner.

Mammals has emotion. So they could learn it from animals too.

post the coolest thing you haven't seen posted before

You forgot to count crits and to add 4/20x(8.33+15)

Any good beast form for moon druid? We already seen Deinonychus and Cow

So are aasimar like angelic souls in human bodies now? Rather than celestial blooded humans

Seconding this

I want to know too, especially CL 2 and 3 forms

Quetzalcoatlus please.

No, they're still celestial descendants but now they have someone talking to them in their sleep.

Random Beholder tables. I actually find this pretty interesting.

>especially CL 2 and 3
Any dinosaur with CL 2 or 3?

No Firbolg?

Chance to crit once in 4 attack is
1-(0.95^4) = 0.1855 isn't it.

I actually love beholders, thanks.

Dinosaurs part 1

I'm not sure if they'd learn it from animals, since animals wouldn't quite have the ability to explain the concept. They'd probably regard any friendly mammal as just a bit brain-damaged with how blindly trusting they can be.

That said, I do wonder if a Lizardfolk wildshaping into a mammal would overwrite that and suddenly allow them to feel basic emotions. It'd be interesting if they turned into a dog and wandered around towns to experience it further.

> literal funhouse dungeon
> built inside an active volcano
> small map for "quick" sessions
> neato loot (blackrazor)
> sphinxes, vampires, giant crabs, kelpies

>Chance to crit once in 4 attack is
1/20x4 I would say, no?

Dinosaurs part 2

Also I'm posting from a laptop now, I have absolutely no idea why they're still sideways. Sorry everyone.

Chance to not crit = 95%
Chance to not crit in all 4 attacks = 0.95^4 = 0.8145
Chance to crit at least once in 4 attacks = 1 - 0.8145

Dimetrodon wasn't a dinosaur, it's more closely related to us humans than to dinosaurs.

>the only CL 2 form is shit for combat
>no CL 3 dinosaur
>CL 4 and 5 dinosaurs dont have multiattack

well, at least we got Deinonychus...

Anyone got the fluff page for the Firbolg?

Sounds exciting. Where can I find this?

> CL
> Caster Level
animal can cast spell now? I'm just messing with you, cutebutt

media.wizards.com/2016/dnd/downloads/Volo_Firbolg107.pdf

This?

Can the user with VGtM please post the cow page? I need it for a friend...

wow, I'm so dumb,why the hell I wrote L?

Quetzalcoatlus also is not a dinosaur, though it is not closely related to us. I hate how people think it (or it's relatives) became birds when actually it was the raptor line of dinosaurs like deinonychus and archaeopteryx.

>Velociraptors are accurate

>velociraptors and deinonychuses instead of jurassic park "raptors"

im so glad

More Beholder stuff, now with alternate eye beams

dnd dot rem dot uz

This is now my favourite thing.

>Quetzalcoatlus

Seconding this.

Holy shit that doesn't look like old Firbolg at all

Let's add that anyway
0.25*93.32+4.66 = 27.99
0.35*92.5 = 32.375

Crossbow still win. Delicious Greatsword tear.

Oh damn I thought it was coatl that we were getting.

Any new deities in this book?

Elder brain stats please?

cows

see

JP raptors were correct...at their time.
Back when the book was writen there wasn't differenciation on velociraptors and deinonychuses, for paleontologist they were the species just different mature states. it wasn't till 1994 where the differences were made. Movie just copy pasted it from the book.

I would like to request Neogi

That and they thought "velociraptor" sounded cooler and easier to pronounce than "deinonychus".

more cows and rot grubs, straight outta 1e

Except your fighter has two feats and the melee only one.

Yeah I though Quetzalcoatlus was a stronger type of Coutal. Like the god they were named after

Currently scanning page 167 of 224. Then I have to flip a bunch, crop them, OCR the whole thing, then add bookmarks.

Did they change thr Goliath mountain born thing to give cold resistance too?

How good is a Cow for an Animal Companions/Mount?

For something this big I expected more

This i want to see something with high CR

oh thank god I need a scan. I already sold my copy

elder brain

The ability is useless. It's only there for minor flavor and has no meaningful mechanical benefit.

Hahaha, no, Tritons get it because "water is cold yo", Goliaths don't even if ice is cooler.

Thanks so much

Rot Grubs look really dangerous

Could we get Neogi too.

Sweet. Does it have lair actions?

neogi part 1, sorry for the wait but I'm doing them in the order that they were asked

take your time, we're all grateful for what you're doing

You can't get large beast as companion. Rothe might work though.

neogi part 2

One of the many problems with these new races, add to that the natural armor from lizardfolk working even when you wear armor (when draconic sorcerers don't) and other stuff that shit on previous rules

I love spidergeese

Elder Brain, Alhoon, and other mind flayer things in whatever order you wish.

Well in the Lizardfolk's case the hard scales that are part of their body are not going to go away just because they are wearing other armor on top of it.

It absolutely does have lair actions

I'm actually curious about the NPCs, especifically the different kinds of wizard. Abjurer, Necromancer, etc. And the Elder Brain too, please!

> Be a lizardfolk druid
> Be a dog in town
> Some human pet me
> what is this warm and fuzzy feeling

Sound like a pretty cute story

>Neogi aren't good eatings
Good to know we're getting the important lore here.

Yeah. There's a lot of things here that ignore precedents, and it's kind of annoying. Doubly so because now homebrew rules will be even worse with everyone pointing to these for precedent.

That's the same case for a Dragon sorcerer though. That AC comes from having scales.

The main benefit I see from it though is that it can let you wear magical leather armor and reap all the benefits without having to sacrifice your better AC.

youre a true beast

Many thanks.

>Well in the Lizardfolk's case the hard scales that are part of their body are not going to go away just because they are wearing other armor on top of it.
Something that can be said of draconic sorcerer and any other race previous Volo's lizardfolk with scales.

I also don't get why barbs lose their muscless and monks their wisdom if they wear armor too.

do you think you'll be done tonight?
i have been so absurdly hype for this for a while so i cant help but ask

can i see the goliath attributes for PC's?

for the elder brain, see (You) and (You)

Here's an alhoon and illithilich

Whats the kobold section got going for it? Anything interesting?

Monks could be argued that the armor is too constricting to move fluidly, even in the lightest cases. Barbarian made less sense, but at least before you could argue it was mainly for balance and thematics so you could run around shirtless like Conan.

The Lizardfolk thing is a minor, unnecessary change that just screams 'abuse this'.

OH SHIT YEAH SON

Here's a big mind flayer. Now for a few NPCs.

>for PC's
Taking into account they never were releases form monsters.
+2 Con +1 Str
Once per short rest they ignore 1d12+Con damage
Powerful turd
Immune to cold weather aka I saved 1 silver coin on coat aka useless stuff
Athletism proficiency

Now I wonder if Lizardfolk druid will wildshape for fun... emotion could be like drug for them..

true, but then it persisted for three sequels and now the popular conception is still big featherless deinonychuses

>featherless
JP3 disagrees

Yeah, I had a quetzalcoatlus in a campaign i ran and it was CR 6

but it was also twisted by evil mayan vampire elves, so that may have affected its deadliness

I could easily see that happening. Being able to experience love or happiness in such a way, only to change back and it be more of a distant and vague memory. It'd probably be rather addictive, and I could see them wanting to spend as much time in wildshape as possible.

A few ridges on their spine based on sex doesn't really count as "feathered."

You da man.

Here's a badly taken picture of an abjurer and an apprentice wizard. The asterisks on the abjurer mark abjuration spells

They should have continued it or gotten even more dinos feathered for JW

Or see emotion as an interesting tool, sometimes having emotions is useful to survival, and to gain further insight into the world. Perhaps contemplating the merits of the newfound emotion.