Would you run a campaign for your co-workers?

Would you run a campaign for your co-workers?

My coworkers are pic related. You tell me.

only if its played over memos and every turn was due yesterday

I am.

I have. It went great.
Very standard fair fantasy, since they didn't know much about the game, but pretty much everybody is aware of wizards and elves and dragons and shit.
>party consists of a rogue, a ranger, a fighter, a druid, and a wizard
>of course you start in a tavern
>rogue shenanigans ensue, getting the party into trouble with the town guard
>have to fight kobolds to pay off debts
>eventually fight the classic D&D monsters, including owlbears, mimics, manticores et cetera
>culminates in a climb up a mountain to slay a dragon to save the town
Sometimes when you play games with people who have no preconceptions about tabletops or have never played before, great things happen.

No I wouldn't.
I'm their boss, I make the girls show off their cleavage to increase sales and I make the guys lift refrigerators.
I don't want them in my magical realm.

Yesssssss....

I would love any fucking topic to discuss with the normies.

Why would you make your employees carry refrigerators?

Damn, that's cold.

>tfw haven't started at my current job yet

My former coworkers wouldn't have been great. Many of them didn't seem terribly imaginative or intellectual.
>unmotivated guys who have trouble writing coherent texts and IMs
>acquisitive intern constantly salivating over mark zuckerberg's wealth
>whipped office-drone whose time is consumed 100% by work, parenting, and church
>50-something serious people with very poor english and little grasp of popular culture

I had like three people who I imagine might make for decent players, since they have a degree of imagination, empathy, passion, and curiosity in them. They weren't so much coworkers, as they were just people I knew around the office. One of those guys bragged about how much he kicks ass in poker, so he'd probably see right through my attempts at GM trickery.

Because that's literally their job

Some of them maybe. I work with literally hundreds of people every single day. A lot of them are too stupid to even think of running a game with though.

I did at my previous job. It was a pretty solid group, but I wanted to remain inclusive so I wouldn't get any guff from management about it being a secret club.

Because of this, we added one guy who was less than great. He wasn't disruptive, but he didn't fit well with the group.

He's the kind of guy that wanted to play as a super special race that didn't really mesh with everybody else. Still, everything worked out pretty alright.

See that's what I'm worried about. I'd rather just not run a game at all than be forced by management to include someone who's not good for the group.

Well they are refrigerators.

Underrated post.

I'll do you one better.

A game became a job with a hostile environment and my fellow players were my co-workers.

Yeah, I'm in the same boat. I work at a company that has hundreds and hundreds of part-time employees. If the faces don't change too fast for you to even notice (because the company has a fucking high turnover rate because their managers are running things with tech from 1982, if that) then they're usually just dumbass hood rat kids or illegal immigrants who haven't had their application processed right (because the company doesn't give a fuck) or, in many cases, ex-druggies (or active druggies, on occasion). the only dorks I meet there are the vidya kind and exclusively talk about overwatch or the new battlefield or some other AAA shit I didn't want to play the first time they released it without the new guns in 2008. I seriously think if I brought up tabletop it'd be either blank stares or 'you mean like in the big bang theory?'

I get along with everyone at work to some extent, but fuck if a few years of this job hasn't made me start disliking the vast majority of humans a whole lot more.

My work's IRC has a PnP RPG room, so yeah. I work in video games tho so everyone is already into the same stuff.

McDonalds?

But user I lost my job yesterday

Sure i would, if i roleplayed. I play 40k with three guys from work, and two of them have their own rpg-groups.
I love my job.

Not going to say the company but it's a security firm. The shit I know about that company could probably get them shut down. They straight up hire anyone who walks in, put them to work ASAP, and THEN do their criminal background checks and shit. I've heard of guys getting fired after the check went through and not getting paid for hours worked, people signed on for shifts they weren't supposed to have, extra hours without extra pay, the list goes on. But my only skills are in creative shit and IT, and I'm in an area where IT professionals with 12 years experience on me are fighting for paid internships, much less jobs.

No, it isn't the TSA. Fuckers make almsot twice as much as I do for the same job, pretty much.

...and also, creative shit is worthless, sorry to say. If it ain't top-tier animation, audio production, or graphic design nobody gives a fuck.

if they were into RPGs and/or asked me to sure.

That would imply that I a) have any traits a potential employer would want, b) have co-workers, and c) any of them would want to play tabletop games with me as the GM, if at all.

Wow, that pic is... not very work safe.

I can't even trust my coworkers to show up when they get paid to do so. Why would I ever even think about asking them to show up for a social gathering?

My co-workers are a bunch of normies and I have to hide my powerlevel or risk becoming a social pariah

I wouldn't interact with these people outside of work, where I am literally forced to do so.

All of my coworkers are 50+ years old.

I'm in my early 30s.

I hate this.

A couple of them, sure.
I know 2 of them already roleplay, but they aren't the sort I'd be keen to hang out with after work.

I'd like to, but I would need to hand-pick carefully four or five of them and coordinate our schedules. None of them are into RPGs but I guess I'd manage to convince them to take part in a one shot.
On the other hand, we did a couple of board game nights that went decently well. So there's at least that.

...What managerial position allows you to abuse your powers in ways that would make Caligula shiver? Let me in on this trade secret, or I'll eat your fucking pets.

>Revealing your power-level to the ignorant normie

/r9k/ was right about some things, and this was one of them.

Can you lift a refrigerator?