What's your setting's Mexico?

What's your setting's Mexico?

North Dakota.

/thread

They're what I've always imagine Rozzaria to always be; various spanish speaking cultures thrown into a blender except this one has Santa Muerte style religion that superficially looks like Catholicism

Mexico.

The Lizardmen nations. With a little sprinkling of Inca.

California.

Your setting is North California?

>Inca
>Not Aztec
This triggers me

Where ever the Halflings live

That pic is depressingly accurate

Only in the poor calpullis m8

The Gnoll lands

Got maximum genocided by the great holy empire decades ago.

Now it's just an arid wasteland populated exclusively by a single swarm of literally hundreds of thousands of skeletons, that just sort of wanders around.

>North

I know, right?

Mexico is actually kinda nice

I'm assuming you went there on a trip once to one of the tourist destinations and are now assuming the whole thing is like that

The desert up north. It's also this setting's middle east, egypt, and wild west. It basically combines a fuckton of desert tropes and mashes elements from them into two or three predominant cultures.

>be Nort deKotan
>see this post

I mean, I'm impressed that you even know about my state. Thank you!

I don't have one based off Mexico, but I do have one based off Spain.

What makes a place a setting's Mexico.

The entire setting is Mexico. It's basically brutal, harsh deserts and chaparral in the north with polluted, massive industrialized cities being the bastions of civilization. On the south, dancing neon lights and luxurious sins are used as distractions from the blood that stains the stone.

Former soldiers defect everyday to brutal criminal organizations, and the only thing separating the enforcers of law from the thugs preying on the weak is a badge and a better gun.

The main gods are three giant skeletons representing the 3 aspects of mexican death: The Reveler, The Justice and The Mercy. Also there are a shitload of reptilian races. And gnomes, for some reason. That's pretty much it.

Mexico.