Beeple-beep beep! If a Space Marine's saliva is highly acidic...

Beeple-beep beep! If a Space Marine's saliva is highly acidic, wouldn't that ruin any possible chance of absorbing information through ingestion through chemical deterioration?

Space Marine's acidic spit isn't their regular spit, they keep it stored away for special occasions and choose to use it, like how a spitting cobra isn't constantly streaming venom everywhere, and has to choose to spit poison.

A Space Marine's regular spit is just regular spit.

Space marines don't absorb information. They get instinsts passed on through DNA to enable them to adapt to different planets faster by sampling the fauna.

Does this ever backfire horribly?

>the space wolves frequent nighttime visits to the kennels

Space Marines have too much mental fortitude for it to ever be an issue.

They can eat brains to gain knowledge

didnt you spam a few days back and get deleted?

You can't eat a brain without destroying the way it stores memories.

That's heresy.

They don't need to eat brains. They can eat arms and shit.

WHY ARE YOU SO CUTE?

Doesn't that destroy the way arms store memories

He's got you here , user

According to 40k science, which is built on a faulty flaworm study, complex memories are stored in DNA.

>According to 40k science, which is built on a faulty flatworm study

This is extremely funny to me for some raisin

It's warp magic and heresy I don't have to explain shit.

Well there are the Carcharodons who have an overactive version of that organ
(I think)

The only bit with a space marine ever eating something to gain its knowledge was in Seige of Castellax where and iron warrior ate an ork brain to pilot ork aircraft
Or something
I think it has to be brain, the writers never elaborated :(

Acid doesn't melt molecules you dumb fuck. You need to go back to high school.

Do orks even have brains? They're fungus.

>I think it has to be brain, the writers never elaborated
>never elaborated

>Omophagea
>Phase 8: This implant, also called "the Remembrancer", allows a Space Marine to 'learn by eating'. It is situated in the spinal cord but is actually part of the brain. Four nerve bundles are implanted connecting the spine and the stomach wall. Able to 'read' or absorb genetic material consumed by the marine, the omophagea transmits the gained information to the Marine's brain as a set of memories or experiences. It is the presence of this organ which has led to the various flesh-eating and blood-drinking rituals for which the Astartes are famous, as well as giving names to chapters such as the Blood Drinkers and Flesh Tearers. Over time, mutations in this implant have given some chapters unnatural craving for blood or flesh.

They elaborated on it in 1988, and it's remained unchanged ever since. It just never comes up in the novels.