Tabletop

So how many of you are going to pay the subscription fee to watch this on Alpha?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=0bYD1TAmu3I
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

No one.

I mean it's a cool show and I hear about board games I wouldn't have heard about otherwise but its certainly not worth money.

Also I'm still butthurt they censored the word 'slave' as though all slaves throughout history were black and its somehow an insensitive word to use.

>I'm still butthurt they censored the word 'slave'
explain please

youtube.com/watch?v=0bYD1TAmu3I It's around 4:54. It's not like a major thing it just miffs me.

>Referred to as assistants and helpers

That's what I call my slaves.

>watching anything Wil Wheaton related

Why would I pay to watch some cuck talk about games and be a passive aggressive sjw? I'm not /gif/.

Holy shit my sides

He used to be kind of cool when he was just being humble and talking shit about his character of Wesley with other people, but now its like he's trying to set himself up as some sort of king of nerds.

Lotta money in being one of the self proclaimed nerd messiahs. Just ask Felicia Day.

>watching Wil Wheaton
>paying to watch Wil Shilton

bwahahahaha - here's one to patrick stewart

Hahahaha....hahaha....

....Oh God, let me wipe the tears from my eye....

...haha...

Okay, to answer your question: No.

Bazooga!

Why the fuck would I want to give money to that pathetic cuck scum?

Is there some reason why anyone would pay to see him do anything? Other than maybe an hero? I don't hate him but i also don't find him even the slightest bit interesting. He inspires no consideration at all.

Judging from all the hate, he might be better off if he said you could all pay him to stop making videos.

>mfw Wil Wheaton was such a bad actor they wrote him out of The Big Bang Theory after trying for two whole seasons to make him the next secondary.

Holy shit that's cringe inducing.

>There is a thing in this game and it is extraordinarily controversial

Oh my god stop acting like the gatekeeper for nerd content you little shit, this guy is making me a hot little potato acting like *anybody* gives a shit about slaves beyond his little hugbox of sensitive little sissies.

I'm glad he went from C-List to Z-List, I'm goddamn glad he went from a named character in The Big Bang Theory to written off the show, Wil Wheaton should just stick to being a semi-popular podcaster.

> I mean it's a cool show and I hear about board games I wouldn't have heard about otherwise but its certainly not worth money
Pretty much this. Say what you will about Wil being a massive sjw cuck, or about how they sometimes fuck up the rules, I could get over how much I can't stand the guy to watch what's effectively a board game review show, and even picked up a few games I saw on tabletop. But I won't pay to watch game reviews.

How bad could he have been?

To put it in perspective, Felicia Day tried to get on TBBT and was turned down multiple times.

Say what you will about the show's humor but they got standards. Wil went from an every other episode sight to completely missing for entire seasons, that can't happen without them pulling his plug.

This. So fucking this. Him and felicia have pretty much tried to set themselves as the king and queen of nerds. Their smug self righteous attitudes in the whole thing are super cringe inducing. They honestly believe themselves to be these trendsetting celebrities in the whole geek-chic movement.

Probably wheaton's worst offense to me is his rant he did on people who had legitimate criticisms toward star wars the force awakens.

Man fuck these people

I love the show.
But I can wait a few months.

Based Stewart.

...he uses a questionable content avatar, what a twat.

Money seems likely. Other thing that comes to my mind because I was around for the Usenet abuse of the 1990s: He hated us. I wasn't one of the aforementioned abusers but I was around for that. I thought it was mildly funny. alt.wesley.crusher.die.die.die? I didn't know you could do novelty groups like that. I never understood until later how much all that crap bothered him. From my perspective it was me and most of Usenet *not* joining in on the Wesley hate. Because that's how it really was. He didn't see it that way.

1. I get the impression that he just got away from Trek and Trekkies for a while. He had to.

2. Then he came back in an attempt to get over his hatred for us. To force himself to face his fear and get over it. Then it worked.

3. And then he thought, hey I'd like to get paid to do this. Or, I'd like to mess around with hobbies for a living like anybody else would, but I have a real chance to make a career out of it. Maybe both motives. I dunno.

Fuck off Will.

>Him and felicia have pretty much tried to set themselves as the king and queen of nerds. Their smug self righteous attitudes in the whole thing are super cringe inducing. They honestly believe themselves to be these trendsetting celebrities in the whole geek-chic movement.

The best part is they've been going at that song and dance for years and nobody's bought it. Heck, even the few two-bit celebrities or media figures that took a nibble spat them out soon enough when it was revealed the people had no pull.

Turns out nerds aren't as easily swayed as other media icons, who knew you can't just wave a person in front of some dorks and they'll follow them!

In my experience waving your dork at people leads to getting arrested.

i see what you did there

Sue for emotional damages.

I want to say he was good in Leverage, because I certainly enjoyed his character a bunch, but I don't feel like I could point to a specific instance of "good acting" that really sold the character (considering his character was manchild hacker to play foil to the other hacker... say what you will, the man throws a good (adult) tantrum).

>not 'Shill wheaton'

Maybe it all the abuse he got as Wesley crushed him
Maybe he's sworn to get his revenge on nerdkind
Maybe everything he's done is part of a plot to destroy nerddom from the inside out
Maybe bush did 9/11

Speaking if Will, I found about him a couple of months ago and tabletop have kept me entertained. Some things rubbed me the wrong way like how he keeps going on about his bad luck and the slave thing also was stupid.

Right now I'm watching the guys at critical roll that seem fun enough. What do you guys think about them?

There is only one thing to say.

Holy shit that really rustles my jimmies. It's fucking history. We shouldnt shy away from history.

This is the same kind of asshole that would petition the term 'slave' get removed from history books, or the Huck Finn books be removed from libraries.

These social crusaders really are a cancer.

The lgs here keeps it on the TV from time to time. It's good for business, because it gets people browsing asking about the game being presented and buying them fairly often.

Personally, it could be any random well dressed dork with a good camera and set speaking about games on the TV and I would still watch it.

>slaves shall be referred to as assistants and helpers
That's what they'll be called in the future too. That's what they're called now.

I kinda work for tv in my country and I've been telling people for a long time this would work but no one hears me out. I guess that's what I get from hanging out with 50+ years old that only think traditional tv is what sells.

And omg, I just noticed there is an episode for cards against humanity. I am afraid to watch that and see how much the censor it.

why is patrick stewart the best

They don't as much as I'm aware, but they also didn't release the extended version so no way to know.

Will does tells a funny story at the end of the game though.