Is she right?

Well?

Other urls found in this thread:

liveinternet.ru/users/lviza_neo/post291417663/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Considering that "murder" is a legal term, she is legally correct.

Depends entirely on how your legal system defines 'person' or 'people'.

Depends on what she understand under people. I hope she displays the same attitude towards any other non-human race, or else she's just a completely biased elf-hater.

Depends on the setting.

I withhold my answer until you tell me what game this is.

>Erko's art on English folklore
my nigga

Sorry but she seems like an edgy villain to me fampai.

Time for some syllogism!
>Murder is the unlawful killing of another human being.
>Elves aren't human beings.
>Therefore killing elves isn't murder.

No legal system uses "person" in their definition of murder, because that would include legal person and exclude some categories of people (like those under a civil death penalty)

>killing of another human being
You know, that's just specualtion, but in fantasy-lands where you have other humanoid fantasy races of similar intelligence that are clearly not an all evil race, they would probably use a different term that include these. At least there would somewhere be laws regarding them and they wouldn't be unprotected game, just imagine how bad this would be for the diplomatic relations.

Very probably. But then we go back to pic related, as other anons have already pointed out.

Would we be able to leave it at "sentient humanoid?" That would cover elves, dwarves, orcs, etc.

Fffffuck this is beautiful.

A bit clunky, humanoid is probably enough. Which humanoid wouldn't be sapient? You mean sapient, right?

Then how do you define sentience/sapience?

A sapient being refers to being human(oid), the ability to think and reason. Being sentient is being self-aware and being able to feel things.
>"Sapience," noun of sapient, is the ability to think, and to reason. It may not seem like much a difference, but the ability to reason is tied more closely to sapience than to sentience. Most animals are sentient, (yes, you can correctly say your dog is sentient!) but only humans are sapient.

found a bunch of his stuff
liveinternet.ru/users/lviza_neo/post291417663/

How far are going when we say "humanoid"? Is it just "bipedal and can hold things in each hand"? Because a lot of beast folk can fulfil this requirement, and they aren't exactly the sharpest tools in the box.
Are creatures with backwards bending knees allowed?
Are snouts a straight up no go?
And what about wannabe Eldritch abominations and the population of the fantasy Equivalent of Sodom and Gomorrah, of Illithids and Drow respectively? Are they allowed rights and protection under the law despite undeniably being, aside from an actual one in a million exception, evil, destructive, assholes all the time?

These are the questions that need answering son.

But how can you measure that in a legally satisfactory way? Is there a minimum amount of reasoning ability you need to be defined as legally sapient, and therefore protected under murder laws?

Essentially yes. If you want to prosecute someone for the murder of a goblin, you have to prove the goblin was of sound mind and reason to be considered sapient and thus protected.

This requirement of proof only tends to come up for those that certain civilizations seem to have a lower opinion of. No one questions the sapience of humans, elves, dwarves or halflings, but orcs, goblins, kobolds and others have it rough.

She's right, if only because she was the best intoner.

Drakenguard 3.

It's edgy racist anime fantasy by the looks of it so I'm going to guess Drakeng- oh, well there you go then.

In the Imperium of Men she is not only right, she is commendable.

No? Four is a delusional psychopath just like all of Zero's sisters.

Two best girl.

It's not homicide, but it is murder.

Two is literally perfect, but One is actually the best girl.

>All of this shit taste

Not sure why "humanoid" is needed as a qualifier at all. Sapience should be enough by itself. Case in point would be centaurs.

Five is a gluttonous slut!

Even a stopped clock is right twice a day. I remember the shit those elves pulled, Four is perfectly justified to commit genocide on them. Hell, it would have saved us all a lot of trouble a few millennia down the line.