Warhammer 40k General

Incoming Weekend Warriors Edition

>Rules databases
mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg

>FAQ’s and Errata (outdated but official)
games-workshop.com/en-GB/Rules-Errata

>40k 7th edition quick reference sheet(s).
dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/4104995/Games/7edRef.pdf

>Forgeworld Book index
dakkadakka.com/wiki/en/Forge_World_and_Apocalypse_Rules_Index

> The Black Library(Stay the fuck away from the clowns)
mega.nz/#F!wx4BiKhD!YhnAf1BqSmAB8dO6xDM56Q!c4pGAJDb

>Last Thread

Other urls found in this thread:

m.youtube.com/watch?v=Egp8nHY8XFs
youtube.com/watch?v=OhRqPwyHXKg
wh40k.lexicanum.com/wiki/Dominion
games-workshop.com/en-CA/Missionary-with-Chainsword
games-workshop.com/en-CA/Grey-Knights-Preacher-with-Chainsword
games-workshop.com/en-CA/Grey-Knights-Warrior-Acolyte
games-workshop.com/en-CA/Space-Marine-Rhino
forgeworld.co.uk/en-DK/Adepta-Sororitas-Rhino-Doors-and-Front-Plate
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

We need more nukes.

has anyone received their made to order shit yet?

Howdy /40kg/

m.youtube.com/watch?v=Egp8nHY8XFs

>December
REEEEEEEEEEE!!!!

>mfw I don't preorder games anymore
>was so close with preording SH:DW

All you queers can beta-test it for me before I get it for Christmas.

Do you ever come up with character profiles/backstories for KillTeam? What about the normal game?

>go to game
>opponent hands you his army background

Yeah pretty much all my HQs and my command squad are named.
Space Marines have it easy though, my whole chapter has custom fluff.
I do need to edit and add to mine still though.

So is it too late to bitch about the 40k tournament community acting like a bunch of spoiled fucking brats over their precious bound armies and muscling GW into giving formations to two units that are basically inactive in 40k?

Oh well. I can wait a little longer. It better be good, though.

It depends on the player.
Some players aren't into it at all, which is fine (ie.)
Others are all about it (ie.)
At my shop we play more casually so a ton of us make up our own fluff at least for our HQs.

You should never preorder games anyway. If anything, wait a week or so after a game comes out. Nothing worse than buying a digital game before it comes out and realizing you hate it far too late.

>GW doesn't respond to community
>why dun GW love us?

>GW responds to community wishes
>why is the community spoiled?

What 40K games feature the Sisters of Battle in any way whatsoever?

It's not that black and white. Things like FAQ's and organized play are very bueno. But something like this just feels forced. THe only reason they made the formations is because ITC has it's head so far up it's own ass that it can't realize that unbound isn't as OP as free vehicles and wargear.

Dawn of War 2: Soulstorm
Not sure what else.

>WHFB fags are still mad

Correction, Dawn of War 1.

Anyone with two decades of gaming experience should know whether or not they're going to like a game, even if it doesn't end up being perfect.

This model makes my penis fill with blood.

Mostly, but it doesn't stop developers from straight up lying to us.

>he reads out his (in character) blog for his army before the game

>Show me on the motherboard where No Man's Sky touched you.

u rite doe

MFW My BAngels and IG armies are so fuck huge and I can never decide what units to bring so I only play xboxhueg games or KT for maximum my dudes.

youtube.com/watch?v=OhRqPwyHXKg

Opinions?

When I was hurt from work and had too much time off I was consistently playing 3k+ games
Since I am back at work I moved back to 1500 and it was an awkward transition but I am liking it more.
Some opponents have to throw their whole collection on the table by 3000pts or take filler wargear where as at 1500 they can run pretty smart and optimal lists.

Anyone with two decades of gaming experience saw No Man's Sky coming a mile away. It was obvious as fuck.

You can tell when a game's gonna be shit by how many promises the developers make, and how big those promises are.

Please explain how the custode formations are a bad thing?

Looks neat, approach with caution.

Looks pretty good so far I just hope the campaign is interesting and replayable. And more than five hours long

Is this a good enough list to work towards a Nurgle Based list?
I shouldn't mark my sorceror, right? I really want to kitbash him into an Attack Bike and put a Spell Familar in the passenger seat.
I don't think I care too much about winning since I will mostly just be modelling and looking at my models but I want the list to at least work well enough for me to learn more.
My only experience is from 5e with my friend teaching me with his spare Space Marines but there seems to be a good scene at the local shop.
So far I have the Nurgle Start Collecting, Mini Rulebook, Daemon Codex, Caliban Green Spray Primer, Various hobby supplies.

ombined Arms Detachment (520pts)
HQ
Herald of Nurgle (120pts)
>Daemon of Nurgle, Greater Locus of Fecundity (25pts), Psyker Level 2 (50pts)

Troops
Nurglings (45pts)
>3x Nurglings
Plaguebearers of Nurgle (110pts)
>Icon of Chaos, Instrument of Chaos, 10x Plaguebearers

FA
Plague Drones of Nurgle (245pts)
>Instrument of Chaos, 5x Plague Drones, Venom Sting

Allied Detachment (478pts)
HQ
Sorcerer (120pts)
>Additional Mastery Level, Spell familiar, Bike

Troops
Chaos Cultists (50pts)
>Cultist Champion with Auto Pistol, Close Combat Weapon 9x Cultists (36pts)

FA
Chaos Bikers (232pts)
>Mark of Nurgle, 2x Plasma Gun, 6x Chaos Bikers, Combi-plasma

HS
Obliterators (76pts)
>Mark of Nurgle

998/1000

The paints I got to go with my green colors are Warpstone Glow (Layer), Nurgling Green (Dry), Waystone Green (Gem), Nulin Oil (Shade). I have seen some really sick Nurgle units and I wish I could do my bikers up well but I am trying to keep it simple.

I remember scoffing at the trailer and saying I didn't believe it. Three of my friends got sucked into the preorder and wanted me to try it so badly. Not even once.

They're an army that hasn't left Terra in a little less than 10,000 years. To imply that they would be coherent enough to fight in a bound force is absurd, but glory to the mighty ITC.

You imply that everyone just has 2 decades of gaming experience. 20 years is a fucking long time, dude.
Time I've spent playing Warhammer.

>Anyone with two decades of gaming experience saw No Man's Sky coming a mile away.

Anybody with common sense and the ability to understand what buzzwords actually mean, you mean.

Procedural Generation is not magic. If anything, it's garbage that ruins games.

Give me the same game with Sisters of Battle.

Seriously, though. That shit looks dope.

Meh.

How many more Horus Heresy books you think we got left?
Or will GW milk the heresy FOREVER?

Doubt the Icon is worth it.

Correct about the Mark. Losing 1-2 spells to Discipline of Nurgle ain't worth it.

I'm twenty-five and have two decades of gaming experience. Still, I get what you're saying.

All I know is this shit was obvious. It was Fable all over again.

Space Hulk: Deathwing will have flaws. Might be difficult to run. People are gonna bitch about how it isn't perfect.

I bet it'll be decent as fuck, though. Definitely worth it. Only meme spouting retards are gonna claim it's garbage.

Literally Forever.

Shiet. I can't wait that long.
Of course some shit will be obvious, and I'm sure the game will be fine, but my initial point was preorders are an unnecessary gamble that usually ends up burning a lot of people's asses.

>TFW when the sun goes cold and the books are streamed into out brains by quantum entanglement there'll still not be any good books from Ork POV

>there'll still not be any good books

You could have stopped right there

Does anyone have that last chancer quote:
"The saying were all true...the loyal servant learns to love the lash... humanity has sacrificed itself, for itself, so that in the future a generation may come that has it's future assured"
Something like that

I rarely preorder, but it can be worth it if you know you're gonna love the game.

Collector's Editions are cool these days. Plus, you get extra shit.

Just don't go mad and preorder everything. Only do it if you're hyped as fuck.

Orks are a meme faction.

why is tau so amazing boys

So they're the perfect army for us?

Would you fight this army?

++Grand Cavalcade++
Herald of Slaanesh on Seeker, w/ ML 1, one lesser gift, and lesser locus of grace - 105

19 Seekers of Slaanesh and Alluress w/ Lesser Gift - 243

5 solo Seeker Chariots - 40 x 5

++2 separate Gorepacks++
7 units of 3 Bikers, w/ 2 Bike-mounted Meltaguns, and champ w/ combi-melta 106 x 7

7 units of 5 Flesh Hounds - 80 x 7

Total: 1850

Necrons managed to land on Mars, and Daemons show up in the Emperor's throne room all the time through the broken Webway portal under his throne, so...

Also, you could always say that you're playing in the If The Emperor Had A Text-to-Speech Device timeline. ;)

Now, a question for you guys: which one would generally be better: chordclaws, transonic razors, and grenades, or two transonic blades? I assume that someone's done the math-hammer before, right? On the one hand, being able to charge dudes who are hiding behind cover, on the other hand, getting +1 Strength on all your attacks, letting you kill marines on a 3+ from the second round of combat onwards.

It's from the end of the book. I cried man bitch tears.

>It all becomes as clear as crystal in that moment of awakening. Sacrifice, the Imperium is built on it. The sayings are all true. The Blood of the Martyrs is the Seed of the Imperium. The Loyal Slave Learns to Love the Lash. Only in Death does duty end.

At that point, when you're making up and implying fluff to make a unit make sense, you should be unbound.

Why the fuck don't Dominions have a model? Did they used to have a model?

Oh and the rest

For ten thousand years we have endured, sometimes we have thrived, other times mearely survived. For a hundred centuries we have fought and died, spilt the blood of our enemies and our own over an uncountable number of battlefields. Mankind has sacrificed itself, for itself, so that it might last for another generation, and another, and another. Those sacrifices are for no greater cause than for the acts themselves. It is done in the unspoken hope that some day, perhaps in another ten thousand years, a generation will live without sacrifice and mankind's destiny is fulfilled for eternity.

>I own ~3000pts of Witch Hunters
Fuck.

wh40k.lexicanum.com/wiki/Dominion
These?

They dont. They always were just a bit differently painted Battlesisters.

Love it, sisters flaming the shit out of heretics was the best

Burn heretics at stake/10 would play again.

Common consensus is that chordclaws, razors and 'nades are almost always the far better choice, which is kind of a shame since the dual sword wielding sicarians look rad as fuck.

They're just Sisters with extra special weapons. It's like asking why IG Veterans or Kabalite Trueborn don't have models.

Fair enough. I'm new.

What about Celestians and Retributors? Ministorum Priests? Arco-flagellants? Death Cult Assassins? Crusaders?

I'm about to hit Google. Hope they have models.

I need to play this game just so I can get some reference for my Deathwatch's space hulk themed bases

Found Arco-flagellants. Why the fuck don't they list these with the Sisters models as well?

No, yes to rest

they are inquisition now

is playing a foot slugging list retarded

all my friends say im retarded for having 60 tac marines in my imperial fist army

Depends what infantry
>imperial fists tacticals
Yes, drive them closer with rhinos so they can rapid fire.

They're still Sisters of Battle, though. They list them right in the Codex.

I actually go "rule of cool" for my war convocation. My Ruststalkers have twin swords but played as chordclaws. My Infiltrators have tasers and assault rifles but they are used as taser/pistol variants. All skitarii infantry have ranger heads cause hoods are The Mechanicus Thing in my head. And Kataphron Destroyers are FW Mechanicum Myrmidon Destructors because fuck those models look good.

I expect that they're probably waiting for the rumored plastic Sisters to be released before they revamp that part of their site. Besides, even if they're in the codex, they're not actually *Sisters*, you know?

>And Kataphron Destroyers are FW Mechanicum Myrmidon Destructors because fuck those models look good.

They are awesome models, but you might want to get some actual Kataphron Destroyers once IA 14 comes out, and the 30k Mechanicum stuff gets an update to be playable in 40k. ;)

>My Infiltrators have tasers and assault rifles but they are used as taser/pistol variants.
Also, I did the math on these myself, and the rifle/power sword variant is better, at least against MEQ; the guns are roughly the same (1.35 kills for pistols, 1.33 kills for rifles for minimum-sized unit, not counting the leader), but the power swords do a lot more damage than the tasers do because they ignore the marines' armor saves (2.9 kills for tasers on the charge vs 4 kills for the power swords on the charge, again disregarding the leader).

does this guy have rules for 40k ?
i cant find them, but maybe i am just not looking hard enough

>that plasma effect

it's like they went for a frosty effect but decided at the last moment to just dip the guns in paint. 7/10

actually my army is both slaanesh formations. i'd try to beat you by corrupting objectives, slamming into you with exalted seeker chariots, and a prince with the impossible robe. i find that playing against another daemon player to be a lot of fun and never a boring mirror match

>basically inactive in 40k

Disregard that, I forgot the Taser special rule and that (barely) flips things around, since it adds an additional 1.5 kills to the Taser option.

I still prefer the power swords, though. The Taser option seems really swingy to me - you might kill lots of dudes, or you might kill barely any.

Just use him as a termie captain with power sword.

I'm pretty sure he doesn't. I'm using him as a captain with relic blade or the burning blade if I ever use a relic

If they were out of their armor or didn't have their helmet on in extreme climates could a space marine get frostbite?

too bad becuase i may be able to get one for ~ 20 €
thanks anyway, maybe ill just use him your way

Nope.

Just use him as a Termi capt with power lance. Hilariously, I think he has one of the few power lance models there are.

games-workshop.com/en-CA/Missionary-with-Chainsword

Is this the Ministorum Priest model I'm looking for? Sistersfag here.

Terminator Captain with a Relic Blade?

i thought power lances were a meme

These would also work:
games-workshop.com/en-CA/Grey-Knights-Preacher-with-Chainsword
games-workshop.com/en-CA/Grey-Knights-Warrior-Acolyte

Alternately, half of the Cult of the Red Redemption from Necromunda, or a lot of the priestly sort of minis from the Mordheim or old Warhammer Fantasy lines.

No, they're right under Power Mauls in the BRB. He actually has one.

yeah, but are they any use ?
Every other power weapon looks better statwise ( not modelwise )

Power lances work great for lower strength models that have hit and run, or shouldn't be in combat for more than one turn anyway.
Eldar make great use of power lances.

if you're sure you can get a charge often maybe it's worth the s+1 ap3, but the other weapons are more consistent

Dumb question, but is this the Sororitas Rhino?

games-workshop.com/en-CA/Space-Marine-Rhino

well, i play blood angels, it would stack nicely with furious charge and however the rule is called that gives me an iniative of 5 when charging

Lots of people seem to think grenade launchers are useless, why is that?

>games-workshop.com/en-CA/Space-Marine-Rhino
Yeah, you just put the Adepta Sororitas decals on it once you're done painting it, but you can use the Forge World conversion kit if you don't mind spending a little extra on it.
forgeworld.co.uk/en-DK/Adepta-Sororitas-Rhino-Doors-and-Front-Plate

Only problem is after the charge all other options are better and not even BA breaks are consistent enough. Once you get bogged, that's it goodnight Vienna

Only times I found swords to be better when Im using outflank and shooting some poor sod with those assault rifles.

Personally "swords kill marinse more" is a bit moot point. Both of them explode marines easily. And whole war convocation already kills marines without any trouble so I'd rather have something that can put hurt on high-toughness/AV targets like hive tyrants, riptides and imperial knights.

Tasers are also a lot better when you factor in stuff like rerolls to hit, especially when punching invisible targets.

>Is this rhino a rhino

Do you even STC faggot

because they are wrong
nade launchers are cheap, flexible and usefull.
they arent really that strong, but good enough for 5 points
in that case i wont use it. well, maybe one time to see if it works.....

>"The Seraphim’s pistols blast a bloody path through a score of black-clad Eldar before the Sisters are engulfed in a hurricane of psychic lighting. Though many of her companions fall, Amelda refuses to yield and defiantly advances through the edritch storm, slaying the Eldar Farseer with a single bolt round to the head."