Is anyone here actually doing any technical analysis on coins, or everyone just guessing...

Is anyone here actually doing any technical analysis on coins, or everyone just guessing? I'm a data science PhD student and want to start working on some projects with crypto.

Of course they are. check out enigma catalyst for quantitative trading platform. however most have rolled their own bots

In the manic autistic state the crypto world is in the only analysis you need is social.

im working on a project my self scraping info. want to work together?

>I'm a data science PhD student and want to start working on some projects with crypto.

NONONONONONO

NOT AGAIN

PLEASE

>TA
I pour pigs blood on the ground and scry the shape of it for my investments

this.

if a crypto can't buy you pizza and hookers, it's not even a candidate for a bronze medal.

Tarot card drawings and memes is all I need

That seems way too serious for me right now, I still have like 8 months left. Looking for something more of a hobby project.

Possibly. How to contact you?

That's what I hear from all my friends who invested desu.

Most here are literally gambling NEETs. Just join voice in any of the "trader" Discord groups advertised around here and you will find that for yourself.

Reading any decent technical analysis textbook alongside a strong understanding of math puts you well above the upper echelon of this board. I'm assuming you have your BSc in comp sci/math/both if youre now in big data. Make a bot. I don't have a math or comp-sci degree (MSc student in theoretical chemistry) and have managed to put together a fairly profitable bot in my spare time. Good luck user.

I have a Math MSc, though it's been a while since I've used it. But I figure I have the fundamental skills to knock something up. Is some sort of sentiment analysis on twitter the best way to spot upcoming trends for cryptocurrencies?

Yeah, visiting some discords led me to wondering if I can put together an algorithm smarter than half of NEETs here. Thanks, good luck to you too!

I saw a presentation which did such analysis for Bitcoin, and sentiment followed btc price instead of predicting it. I assume it might be the same for other cryptocurrencies.

Ok, cheers bro.

Testing bump

>Reading any decent technical analysis textbook alongside a strong understanding of math puts you well above the upper echelon of this board.

This, soooo fucking much. Trading cryptos is akin to shooting fish in a barrel, except the fish throw money at you.

Any recommendations on books?

How did you get started building a bot, what prior knowledge did you need?

Yeah, someone better post some books

You would all be wise to remember /g/ spawned this board.

If you don't know how to program, don't even think about using a bot.

they have phds in data science now?

he didnt

I think there are 3 programs in US currently. I expect the number to blow up very soon.

Yeah but /g/ is all about gadgets now

Yeah honestly Masters and Phds are the only programs really available in US. Once the data science field is marketed as popular there will probably be bachelor degrees

Python or R? What's the worst part about a data science Phd?

I know R but mostly work with Python because Tensorflow.

The worst part is I could have been working and making money instead. But I like research and I learned a lot.

Nice, so machine learning is really a requirement to learn for a data science job now?

I tried throwing in bitcoin data and using machine learning, couldn't get meaningful results. So for now charting works for me.

The projects th use data science are Enigma Catalyst ENG and numeraire NMR from what I've researched

I would say basic machine learning (PCA, k-means, kNN, NMF, etc) is, but deep learning is still pretty rare. That's what interests me the most, but most of my research did not require it.