Out of stock

How commonly used piece of goyuming hardware can be out of stock? Why they don't just make more? What seems to be the problem?

Or how does this work? They make initial batch and that's it? Move along to next card? So if i wish to mine on those i should catch them near release date?

Explain please senpai.

lol they are making them and selling them as fast as they can

well apparently AMD failed to make it profitable

How do you know that? Ofc it sounds reasonable, that what they should fuckin do.

But it is out of stock everywhere, so how exactly do you know that? May be a stupid question but still.

That’s how manufacturers work. They forecast how many units they will need, then they build that number of units.

Sometimes their forecast is lower than the actual demand and their product sells out faster than they can release more from the factory.

I know this because I worked in manufacturing production and every once in a while I would get some autistic faggot at a warehouse in Georgia calling me and screaming that he needs more units and I tell him he should have gave a better fucking forecast so I would have stocked more.

You have to wait basically until the next shipment.

Who tries to mine now lmao

I guess AMD is just very bad at scaling. Assembling these chips takes up capacities at special facilities, you also have make sure your suppliers for materials and parts can actually deliver.

So, AMD calculated for a certain number of chips over a certain period of time. Then suddenly the mining boom happened. Increasing the production on such short notice could actually make them a huge loss.

Can't they just increase the blocksize?

There's still a couple of profitable coins, I'm just letting my regular gaming rig mine VIVO or whichever shitcoin pops up as the most profitable whenever I'm not using it so I can get an extra $30-50/month to drop into ADA.

Thank you.

More questions:
1)When retailer know that those particular cards are in demand, should i expect next shipments be overpriced by default?

2)Is it smart to wait for next generation/next big videocard and buy while miners did not depleted the stocks?

idk about overpriced but expect lower quality

its always best to buy the best new card. technology moves quickly nowadays and the next best thing is always right around the corner

roi is still less than a year
it's definitely less profitable but it's also a safer investment than trading/holding

Okay. More noob questions.

It it possible that "next new big thing" (new GPU) will be bad for mining? For example: radeon releases new cards, i buy 6 of them on the first day, before they run out of stocks and get overpriced.

Is it possible that this new card will suck at mining?

I mean people not tested those yet and no one tested how good is it.

vega gets 2000 hash in monero

literally 2.5x rx480 speeds

They produced them for gaming. I don’t think they realized one person would shell out for 30 of them for a mining rig. Not to mention the huge mining warehouses that probably order a bunch of them as soon as a new one comes out.

And 4x the heat and 2x the elec Cost

>commonly used piece of goyuming hardware
A second tier manufacturer has no clue what is going to be successful.
It is on razor thin margins and can't take big risks on a whim.
So yeah it fucks up.
Gets it wrong.

Well, that's good, but not really answering the question.

Again: when new generation of cards come out and you buy some at the first day, is it possible this new card will suck dick at mining?

Or it is more or less safe to stock new GPU's when they come out before miners get all the stocks?

wrong

Mining smart cash lately with my gaming PC. 1080ti and a 1060. Earning $10-$13 a day.

Why lower quality?do you mean the restocked units will lack quality control?

>tfw buying second hand old gen gpus, cheap server psus, throwing in cheapest motherboard and cpu I can find and building mining rigs at 30-40% market price for target ROI of 2-3 months

>currentyear
>not usinf ASICs to mine

Wew vlad