/rgt/ - Robinhood General Thread

none of you faggots bothered to make a thread edition

Robinhood is a commission free stock trading app on iOS/Android

--Robinhood FAQs --
- VISIT THE WEBSITE FIRST DAMMIT!! - www.robinhood.com

> How is it free?
Robinhood earns revenue by collecting interest on the cash and securities in Robinhood accounts, much like a bank collects interest on cash deposits and by collecting fees from robinhood gold.

> It's been X days, why isn't my account verified yet?
Not being approved in 3 days seems to be the new norm. Nevertheless, call/email their support if you've been waiting more than that.

> When is it coming to my country?
The only "plans" are on an Australian and Chinese beta. Neither of which has gained much traction.

> I hit sell when the stock was X.XX, but it actually sold at a lower price, why?
Robinhood graphs are *** and only show you an average, not true real-time prices. To get Bid/Ask prices and important things like candlestick graphs, you should use a more robust platform.

> Where can I get better charting or bid/ask?
Real brokers, like TDAmeritrade's thinkorswim. Otherwise you should be using tradingview.com, stockcharts.com, finviz.com, or a non-pile-of-*** for your graphing in addition to Robinhood.

-- Links --
Premarket Movers:
nasdaq.com/extended-trading/premarket-mostactive.aspx

Earnings Report Calendar:
biz.yahoo.com/research/earncal/today.html

Biopharma Catalyst Calendar:
biopharmcatalyst.com/

Pump and Dump Advertising:
stocktwits.com

S&P 500 VIX Futures (For XIV/UVXY, higher is better for UVXY, lower is better for XIV)
investing.com/indices/us-spx-vix-futures

Previous Thread

Other urls found in this thread:

share.robinhood.com/bryane108
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

earnings this week

ANY

>HMNY

F

DPW went crazy again

Are there still people unironically holding that pump n dump stock?

CPI data wasn't good. It may actually be a bit of a problem for the Fed if this sorta thing continues. My gold shorts got stopped out, managed to recover by buying the breakout. Gold is fighting to maintain these levels.

Gas and Oil stocks :)

No.1 trending on stocktwits so i guess

it was always a scamco

OH SHIT BOYZ!

WE UP 0.2% TO START THE DAY!

MOON MISSION INCOMING!

Bought ath last week at 4.40
Sold today at 5.50

It can probably go much higher but I'm happy with 20% profit and I'm scared of another huge dump by a whale

Does anyone think I can sell my advice to professional stock analysts? They would kill for these sorts of gains!

MARA. good to $20

name change soon, blockchain mining

you crypto niggers are so retarded

day of the rope coming soon. better get ready

check out the chart of HMNY if you want a glimpse of the future of crypto

>He can only make money at times specified by central bankers

HAHAHAHAHAH!

UGAZ holders getting gassed

Very nice

This is only the beginning

They're gona get fucking rekt when velocityshares reverse splits it :)

Why is IOTA trading in the markets?

Oh a lot fo thr cryptos are trading
Huh never noticed them before

what are you talking about?

Any JNUG/gold derivative traders here?

Natural Gas down .2%

UGAZ down 2.5%

cool trading instrument

wana get your thoughts because gold just can't seem to get a break, even with the basic fundamentals seem to be edging its way

not that guy but gold has great seasonality right now

low risk reward right here imo

Fed meeting today, JNUG could moon if they do something big money doesn't like

my balls arent big enough to gamble it tho

>tfw number 500 in line for RH options trading

Robinhood with options now.

saw this on leddit

hey guise
i got an idea last night.
one of the quickest ways to scalp for some serious profits is to find something that is up premarket for absolutely no reason (no news, shit company, all FOMO hype and no substance) and short it after the day traders pump it in the first couple minutes.

what i propose that we do is start getting these threads up in premarket, have all of us scan for shit that is tearing through premarket, then think tank together whether we think the run is legit or not, and check if there is actual news or
a reason for the run, or not. with a couple heads on this each morning we could very easily discern when a run is FAKE AND GAY, organize together after the daytrade ninjas leave and pump it, then collectively short the fuck out of it. anyone looking at level2 is gonna see it, fucking panic, and maybe we could cause a panic sell. then we simply cover our shorts and move on with the day, with a nice small profit to start the day on.

any thoughts? i think Veeky Forums would probably be really fucking good at calling out FAKE AND GAY bullshit stocks that are on a run for absolutely no fucking reason, and i think together, we would be really effective

i see

yeah, i'll be keeping an eye on that

awesome. we can finally short stocks wheneevr this is made available.

Credit spreads!

Any spicy memes about to moon?

I need another shitty pick from you guys to lose money on.

any thoughts on this plan? i could just do it myself, but i wanted to see if anyone here wanted to join in. it would work better if a swarm of us did it, and together we could much more quickly search for news, or lack thereof

VECO AXTI ASYS

Free as in, no trading fees? Or am I being retarded?

I made like 20 trades last year on Barclays and broke even, made no money because of the fees.

Yeah, no commission fees.

share.robinhood.com/bryane108
Use my code and we both get a free share :)

I almost always lose money when I listen to you niggers. People are more interested in shilling their shit or some retarded user screaming "I told you X would moon/tank!" to a bunch of other anons who had no way to tell him apart from any other retard here.

Aside from one or two tripcoders nobody here is interested in helping each other out. This please is full of shills shilling to shills.

Why do I even come here anymore?

>i could just do it myself,

sure if you have the money.

fuck off David

>helping each other out

helping out is for commies lol

honestly i regret not listening to /rgt/ more. i missed out on ROKU MARA and CHFS

How about you do your own fucking DD on the picks here to determine if they're worth buying instead of taking everything at face value?

for meme magic :^)

Lol it sure is.

Bit how else are we supposed to compete with traders who have dedicated their lives to the stock market? Contrary to what the idiots scream, "doing your due diligence" doesn't mean shit when there is so much lies/misinformation out there and isn't gonna help you compete with they guys who have a doctorate in economics and a million dollar setup with contacts out the wazoo.

A community that works together and alerts each other on moon missions ect. would be beautiful thing but this place isn't it. You fuckers cost me one fifth of my portfolio and it took me months of doing the exact opposite of what Veeky Forums says to finally get back in the green.

>Aside from one or two tripcoders nobody here is interested in helping each other out. T

There's not a single good trip here anymore, except for Harblongdingdong

There also used to a be namefag that knew what he was doing, I think he went by faggydickmuncher or something, but that was it.

almost agree but
>guys who have a doctorate in economics

it meas nothing. I know some "economics doctorate" that put money on a ponzi scheme and lost. Others that are just wageslaves and dont even know.

You’re too kind. Took a loss on FET after open, got on VRAY and am trying to open a small position on SQ

Up goes gold.

"All you have to do to succeed is git gud! Be a good goy now and believe in yourself and you can make mad gainz!"

"You are capable of doing DD far better than the billionaire traders who dedicated their lives to this, you just have to be a good goy and believe!"

Stupid Veeky Forums

That's pretty good.

Being British, though, I'm not too familiar with Burger companies, apart from the big name ones I'm not especially interested in. Looks like it's time to do some homework.

I talked to a driver recently, he was a PhD, doing about £70k a year trading from his car between jobs. I think that it at least gives an indication that the person is more likely to know what their shit.

Are you on Veeky Forums expecting handouts? Doing DD isn't some magical method exclusive to billionaires

there are no communities like that you are imaging some idealized stock trading forum or something. Most traders lose money and the real successful ones damn sure aren't giving away info

99% of all stock trading sites and forums are scams full of retards and get rich quick morons, at least here you can enjoy the banter

Sorry chav, US only.

Thank you Lord Jesus. I could fucking cry.

>he was a PhD, doing about £70k a year trading from his car between jobs.

sure but, Is not something they teach you in school. Economics is mostly useless degree.

Yeah I noticed lol. Trying to find stock Nirvana was hilarious, I found so many communities tweeting #moonmissionoftheday claiming they predicted it and to follow them or join their site. I found absolutely no evidence any of them called out a single moon mission beforehand.

Why didn't you sell that shit Tuesday like everybody else?

What methods do you use that make you so successful?

Avoid generic bullshit catchalls like "I do proper research" or "I buy low and sell high". I want to know what you specifically look for and exactly how you know when to buy/sell. Indicators, specific trends, ect.

>VRAY

what's your expectation here?

Insert generic meme into trading view. Check the different time periods, look at the indicators, learn what the different indicators are indicating, look at the gaps, make a plan, stick to the plan, profit.

Why that's just generic enough to not mean shit!

If I didn't know better I would suspect you are just a LARPer screwing around!

Are you retarded? Why are you even trying to trade?

user posted about a cup and handle formation, took a look, liked it and jumped in.

I let my losers run and cut my winners. Pretty much why I’ve been stuck in neutral the last two weeks

>$HMNY
got in at 6.54 up @ 7.10 I dont know who is jewing who right now? I'm all in and plan to swing it.

>"Learn what the indicators are indicating"
>Call others retarded.

KYS fag

My dude, what? Are you ok?

It has to be generic because you're going to get different information at different times from every chart. Its on you to figure out what all the information available is telling you about the company/etf/whatever's price and where that price is going.

If I had more money free, I’d recommend putting in .96 bids on LTBR and limit selling the next day at 1.01

Oh and to the idiots who were talking shit about robinhood being around in 5 years.

BUY XXII AND SELL AT 3.11 IN A FEW DAYS ill post TA in a second

I'm sorry if you know what RSI, Moving averages, bollinger bands, and every other indicator on those charts are showing you and still can't figure out how to make money. It's like ffs man, from your post it seems that you just blindly buy shit and then bitch when you don't make money.

DYSL

I come for names. THEN I LOOK THEM UP

what about MFIN?

the idea is not that we just yell MOON or TANK but that we simply post the premarket gainers in a list at the beginning of every thread (before opening bell) and everyone then looks for news regarding the stocks. if we cant find shit all about the company, and there is no reason for it to be up 40% or whatever, then we place shorts up at the peak when it begins to plummet, take some when it retraces 61.8% and then let the rest of the bet ride.

if we do this in a large enough swarm, we will cause a panic sell. i think it would be a good way for all of us to start making a quick buck as a tradition for opening bell. half the time there isnt even a thread up by market open.

kek

front loaded!!!!

CASHed out of bac+b yesterday. What do I buy with this160% profits

So now they are offering options trading, but they still have yet to allow people to set both a limit sell and a stop loss.

i really really really hate you.... But im not gunna lie... that actually looks like a good pick

>DYSL
this unironically looks like a good swing trading stock

When is the fed announcement? And what is the play, JNUG?

Be wary of leveraged metal

i think it can get above $2 pretty easy, check out the monthly

In about 1.40 hours. Up to you what you want to play with, I've been wrong too many times since yesterday, luck ain't with me on this one.

Thanks. I want to take the risk but I really don't think I can afford it anymore. I was just seeking other opinions

pretty obvious AMRS dip here folks.
should hit high 3.70 at least by end of day.

wtf stock is that lol

nvm im retarded

just hodl, a lot of tech is down today

$AVID

I thought I bought the dip, instead I have a new bag.

Scooped up 120 more at 3.52

Wondering if anyone else had this problem. When I go to connect my bank account, I enter in my login details successfully, but then it says "Code sent to xxx-xxx-xxxx". I never receive a code.

swing hmny