Which of the 20 legions is the best

and why is it White Scars?

Literally any legion but the White Scars.

How can you say that?

Most forgettable legion is Iron Hands.

Secondly:
>Cool with psykers, but know when to moderate warp usage
>Cool bikes and need for speed, even on their ships
>Lightning assault and mobile
>Mongols in SPACE

I don't know a lot about them but what I do know makes them seem pretty cool

Also adding space wolves.

>uncultured barbarians.

There are 18 Legions.

yeah, we know. 18 named legions, 2 forgotten ones

2nd legion is best legion

literally who?

Space Wolves
>Cool with runes (like the Eldar) and know the difference between sorcery and psykery
>cool wolves and need for aggressiveness, even on their ships
>lightning assault and mobile
>Vikings in SPACE

blatant hypocrites in regards to runepriests.

We hate psykers! These priests aren't psykers because we say so!

My favorite legion is [Redacted], I particularly liked how [Redacted] interacted with his brothers Magnus and Ferrus. They seemed pretty chill. I think his legion, The [Redacted] is the top tier legion. Their record speaks for itself.

No different than what the white scabs did.

They didn't pretend that their storm seers weren't psykers, user.

Yes they did, and they willingly defied the Emperor's ruling at Nikea

yeah, they defied it, but they never denied their stormseers were psykers or using the warp.

Wolves flat out denied their runepriests were psykers, saying that they drew their powers from Fenris' spirits. which is bullshit.

I have yet to see any proof that the Rune Priests powers come from the Warp, and not Fenris and the runes as they say.

Anyways, here is the Emperor saying that Russ is true-hearted and will never turn on him. Also this shows that the Emperor doesn't trust the Khan.

>I have yet to see any proof that the Rune Priests powers come from the Warp, and not Fenris and the runes as they say
neither have i, which makes it pretty disconcerting.

>Anyways, here is the Emperor saying that Russ is true-hearted and will never turn on him. Also this shows that the Emperor doesn't trust the Khan.
yeah, the Emperor's judgement isn't particularly great, seeing as how he fucked up meeting with Angron, rebuked Lorgar in a way that made him vulnerable to the teachings of the Chaos Gods, and never bothered to properly explain the dangers of the Warp with Magnus.

He'd make a great scientist or something, but he makes a lot of retarded mistakes in judgements of character and shit.

where is this from?

people didn't know much about Khan because he spent so much time away from everyone doing campaigns and few ever bothered to get to know him or his legion. Apparently, not even his own dad could be arsed to find some quality time.

That's what made him suspicious, he was a relatively unknown factor.

>So I fight for a Father who I never loved, against a brother that I did. I defend an empire that never wanted me against an army that would have taken me in a heartbeat.

>And yet the oath had been made. The promise could not be broken.

This is the Khan proving his disloyalty. He only joined the Emperor's side being his honour mandated that he fulfil his oath also because he thought he Emperor was the best for mankind.

The Khan had no love for the Emperor. Had he believed that humanity would be better served if Horus won, is there any doubt he would have turned.

Only Russ was the most loyal of all of them. Only Russ that the Emperor trusted above all. He doubted the Lion, he doubted Girlyman, he doubted the Khan, he bitched slapped Magnus, but he NEVER doubted Russ.

Vengeful Spirit.

And this is from Path to Heaven.

Thank you

The Khan refusing to break his oath to the Imperium despite all the temptation to join the other side is him showing his disloyalty? What the fuck are you on about?

>he NEVER doubted Russ.
And the Russ betrayed him.

how so?

Dont mind me just best Legion coming through

It's what in his heart that matters. It pained him to side with the Emperor.

He never doubted Dorn either tho, just fortify my shit up senpai.

Fucking what?

No. That is wishy washy bullshit. He stayed loyal and defended Terra, so did his legion.

By this logic Sanguinius is a traitor for considering the deal with chaos to save his sons. And Fulgrim was loyal, because in his heart he despaired at the killing of Ferrus Manus. And Lorgar was loyal, because in his heart he loved the Emperor. And Perturabo was loyal, because in Angel Exterminatus it is established that he doesn't actually hate the Emperor or the Loyalists, they're just an obstacle to be overcome.

What is in your heart of hearts is irrelevant. Actions determine one's character and loyalty.

>This is the Khan proving his disloyalty.
u wot. Are you retarded.

It's proving his loyalty. Despite everything, he's loyal to his oaths.

Prospero. Emperor didn't ordered genocide the planet.

competing with Raven Guard for "literally who" legion

The Imperial Fists.

How the hell do you read fluff? From Veeky Forums memes? Horus ordered the exterminatus, Russ thought that Horus is still his warmaster (news of Istvaan didn't reach him at the time) and did what boss said

The Emperor never doubted Russ because Russ lacked the intellect to question him. That's the point of him. He's the disposable Primarch.

He's as fast and strong as all of the others, but has no great talent or ability, so if one of the others absolutely has to go, the Emperor doesn't have to risk another important one.

He's smallminded and disposable, and that's why the Emperor doesn't bat an eye at sending Russ to fight genius generals or enormously powerful psykers. If Russ died but wounded Horus and weakened his army, it's a victory for the Emperor.

Actually, the Khan said his legion and him were disposable and unwanted. They were like the Space Wolves but less predictable.

Khan had self-esteem issues.

How big were the White Scars? I know Russ was never given much more than 10,000 men because of his purpose.

>my friend of african-american descent.

Did he ever particularly have reason to doubt Sanguinius? Can't think of much, the Thirst and the Rage both come on after he's dead IIRC

>He doubted the Lion
Citation needed.

No they were both present when Sangy was alive. He kept them secret from everyone and was terrified that they'd find out.

While everyone trusted Sanguinius, he was paranoid about everyone else. He also thought Russ was a weird furry.

Objectively or subjectively?

Objectively it's probably Sons of Horus,
>literally the warmasters legion
>urban warfare
>used to have wolves in their name, but didn't make every other naming word wolf.

Subjectively (I.e. my favourite) Ion Hands. I just like them.

See

I did. Read it yourself.

To sum up, The Emperor is incredulous that Malcador ever doubted The Dark Angels, and Malcador himself says those doubts are settled.

Ah...my mistake.

First Legion Best Legion :^)

you never know user. wolfy wolfenstein might be real

magic is all Warpy, no matter where you say it comes from.

if they're entreating with 'spirits', those are most likely warp entities/daemons.

There is a Grery Knight who summons spirits to help him fight.

like I said, warp entities or daemons.

It's the Ultramarines.
>Biggest
>Best
>Foremost Warriors
>Finest military wisdom
>Committed not just to the Emperor, but his ideals, making them the ultimate loyalists
>Horus feared them and knew they could stop him

gtfo ultrasmurf.

Iron Warriors are clearly the best. They were always in the thick of the fighting and called in to take objectives where other legions failed but still held the title of second largest legion.

Alpha legion always

Luna Wolves

objectively, since their leader was good enough to be promoted above other primarchs.
Probably campaigned most with the Emperor, partly because Horus was found first, but probably also because they were the best.

In the Scars novel, there is this guy who wants to become a Luna Wolf, but his test results are just "above average", whereas to join Luna Wolves you need to get near perfect test results, so his above average skills lead to him becoming a White Scar.
Horus started aiming at excellency early on, the Luna Wolves become THE LEGION.

Ultramarines seem to be a close second because Girlyman always has a plot shield and so does his legion. No big flaws, apart from insisting on worshipping their Codex. But their plotarmour really gives them a high ranking.

Dark Angels seem to be quite excellent too, no big flaws, apart from their weird secrecy fetish.

White Scars are pretty good for offensive purposes, too much of a speed fetish.

Imperial Fists... too defensive?
Iron Hands, literally who? boohoo, flesh is weak...
Raven Guard, "lets play sneaky scouts", the concept of gigantic astastes trying to sneak around is just stupid as hell. Some kind of flaw in their geneseed too.
Salamanders, fade into obscurity, small numbers, meh, "why won't anyone think about the civilians??!?!?!" doesn't really fit into WH40k
Blood Angels... what geneseed issues....

and don't get me started on fucking furryfags nor on the various retarded traitor legions.

shit, thats like your average Veeky Forums thread, complete with that annoying Turkposter.

>literally saves mankind not because of daddy issues but because he swore an oath.
>this is disloyalty.

Calth

No clue.

Wrong, the rage was a later side effect of Sanguinius getting his shit smacked by all four of the chaos gods at once through Horus

EC is best legion. Has the most fun too.

I don't think Khan had self-esteem issues as much as he realized there would always be a fundamental disagreement with daddy over the nature of humanity and it's future. So instead of sulking about it, or making waves, he just went to the ass end of the galaxy to fight for humanity.

How does EC play in 30k? I hear they have crazy shenanigans where they can win combats despite taking more wounds in it.

Their color is so groovy.

All of their legion rules are based on the charge.
A lot of it is good positioning/timing unless you 3rd company

ok who reads cryllic?

It's in Ukrainian, and says "Emperor: It's better to die for him, than live for yourself."

Allegedly, by the end of the Great Crusade, the White Scars had about 7,000 Marines, which likely makes it the smallest of the legions.

Russ confirmed best Primarch

In that above passage from Vengeful Spirit the Emperor says that Magnus deserved it you anal astronaut

Actually Horus feared the Space Wolves and Thousand Sons the most. That's why he and Chaos ensured that Prospero burned

>you anal astronaut
Asstronaut

Hydra domi-uh, For the Khan and the Emperor my brother! it sure is awesome being a White Scar.

Nothing in the passage implies that. The Emperor is just pleased with his attitude, is all.

The best Primarch has to have

>Conquered a massive number of worlds
>Proven his loyalty
>Proven his competence
>Proven himself in combat

Russ is loyal, and he eked out a victory over Magnus, but he's nowhere near achieving the other two.

Lion on the other hand is canonically confirmed to be utterly loyal, conquered the second most planets after Horus, saved the entire Northern Imperium before the Heresy to prove his competence, and defeated Russ with a single punch to prove his combat might.

There is no other Primarch who can be said to definitely fit all four categories. Guilliman is probably the closest, but he has no great combat victories to his name.

Therefore by logic that can only be described as scientific, Lion is the best Primarch of them all.

>Lion is the best Primarch of them all.

Homeworld and half his legion fell to Chaos because of his actions
Imperial Palace breeched because he gave siege weapons to Perturabo in an attempt to bribe him
Fucked around in Imperium Seccondus for far too long
Fucked around with Curze for far too long
Did fuck all in the HH
Alienated everyone he ever met

>Homeworld and half his legion fell to Chaos because of his actions

Might as well say the Emperor was a traitor because Horus fell. Lion's problem was always that nobody else was as competent as he was. He expected more from people than they gave him.

>Imperial Palace breeched because he gave siege weapons to Perturabo in an attempt to bribe him

He gave Pert the siege weapons because he believed Pert was loyal. Who was in charge of making sure Primarchs stayed loyal? Russ.

Russ spent his entire life boasting about being the executioner of the Primarchs, and strategizing for how he'd deal with traitors. When the time came he was caught with his dick in his wolf and contributed absolutely fucking nothing to stop the Horus Heresy. In fact, Russ turned a legion to Chaos and then had to be rescued by Lion.

Lion did more than anyone to stop the heresy by getting control of those weapons, but he was let down by failures in every jurisdiction he was not in charge of. Even the greatest Primarch can't make up for mistakes made halfway across the galaxy.

*proceeds to get stabbed by non-Astartes Luther*

He wasn't stabbed. I swear no one has actually read the lore and just spouts memes
>Luther and Lion have their final confrontation
>They have a titanic clash as Luther is on warp 'roids and is a champion of all the chaos gods
>Lion bests Luther but hesitates before delivering the finishing blow as one does when faced with killing their best friend/father figure
>Luther uses this opening to hit him with a massive psychic attack, using up his powers
>Lion is K.O.'d Luther is returned to his normal non chaos buffed self

white scars, one of the most underused chapters/legions ever

Get out, Pert. Daddy loves Dorn more. Deal with it.

Unironically the Emperor's Children after they went traitor.

>Russ
>Most loyal

Weird way of spelling Dorn

White scars are top tier, everything about them just screams alpha to me.

Luna Wolves and Imperial Fist are tied for my second favorite.

>best legion
>not posting spess yiffs

You had one job.

>Which of the 20 legions is the best
The Thousand Sons.

>Best and most psykers
>Warrior scholars focusing on preserving history and knowledge for after the Great Crusade
>Use diplomacy and tactics instead of leveling worlds if possible
>No-one else likes them but they get shit done anyway

All of the legions before the heresy were fucking amazing.

>Dorn's job is to stay in one heavily fortified place and stand guard
>Russ' job is to go out and kill traitor Primarchs
>Dorn still managed to kill a traitor Primarch before Russ

I have a theory that the Emperor told Russ he was the executioner by mistake and now he's too embarrassed and prideful to take it back.

>Most forgettable legion is Iron Hands.
That explains why you forgot they are the best.

Agreed user. The HH was a tragedy for a reason.

Best legion and Primarch marching through.

If Perturabo were defending the imperial palace then the Emperor would still be standing.

ebic

>7,000 Marines, which likely makes it the smallest of the legions
The Thousand Sons only had about 5,000 astartes if I'm remembering correctly.

>The Thousand Sons only had about 5,000 astartes if I'm remembering correctly.
user youre thinking about the numbers before the legion numbers retcon. Raven Guard are now the smallest legion with 80,000 marines.

Thousand Sons were smaller than average with around 90,000 marines but had no issues with recruiting after being reunited with Magnus.

I wish there were mods on Veeky Forums. Or that we had a separate Humanities board.

Anyways, Pre-Heresy EC a best
Post-Heresy IF a best