>Question of the day
Eli 2.0?

>What is Android: Netrunner?
youtube.com/watch?v=VAslVfZ9p-Y

>Android Netrunner Official FFG News & Spoilers:
fantasyflightgames.com/en/products/android-netrunner-the-card-game/
boardgamegeek.com/blogpost/24049/netrunner-spoilers

>Official FAQ (post-MWL), Compendium on rulings, and common mistakes
images-cdn.fantasyflightgames.com/filer_public/95/7a/957a59a2-5fe6-4961-96fa-47560f337346/adn_faq_v31.pdf
ancur.wikia.com/wiki/Project_ANCUR_Wiki
reddit.com/r/postalelf/comments/2sm1d2/welcome_to_netrunner/

>NAPD Most Wanted List
images-cdn.fantasyflightgames.com/filer_public/c4/16/c41672be-a776-443a-8e35-49a3f581f603/adn_tournament_regulations_v113_text_version.pdf

>Netrunner Card List and Data Pack Details:
netrunnerdb.com/
blackat.co.uk
acoo.net
github.com/shyndman/ono-sendai (You’ll need to build it yourself)

>Deckbuilding Resources:
netrunnerdb.com/
meteor.stimhack.com/
acoo.net
cardgamedb.com/index.php/netrunner/android-netrunner-deck-builder (not recommended)

>Articles and Blogs:
stimhack.com/
self-modifyingcode.com/
runawaynode.wordpress.com/
eriktwicereviews.com/tag/netrunner/
sneakdoor.wordpress.com/
netreadyeyes.wordpress.com

>Podcasts
runlastclick.blogspot.ca/
canlaugh.com/nerdrunners/
northerngamingnetwork.com/tagme/
thewinningagenda.com/

Try "Why I run", great for prospective Runners looking for a hands-on demo on how Running works (replace the spaces by dots):
www nagnazul com/whyirun/whyirun.html

Play netrunner online (replace the spaces by dots):
Jinteki net

Check out the WIP 1d4chan
1d4chan.org/wiki/Android:_Netrunner

Previous thread: Terminal Directive booklet in German: heidelbaer.de/documents/Netrunner_Toedliche_Direktive_Spielregel_Deutsch.pdf

Other urls found in this thread:

pastebin.com/0eBh6JQm
netrunnerdb.com.
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

A Neutral 3/2 with no influence?

There better be explanations to that bullshit!

Also do I understand it right stickers on cards? Yuk....

Stickers in a campaign log, not on the cards.

See 5th page.

The 3/2 is campaign only.
Maybe some cards are campaign only, not tournament legal.

>Exactly. The difference here is if you used the tool before you made the corp rez the ice, they can choose to not rez and save credits

The corp always has that option. And then save credits comparatively to what? If anything, I see this the other way round: if I'm the corp, I *know* none of my sentries are going to fire against Nero, so I just end up rezzing them as gear-check, or as a tax if/when it matters.

Best bullshit explanation. Makes sense given it seems to be one of the "evolving" sticker cards.

>Maybe some cards are campaign only, not tournament legal.
Yeah, there's ones with a yellow triangle

Also the sealed cards aren't counted in the 163

There's a corporate card named Mr. Stone? Is this a new Renaissance man?

SanSan City Grid mistakenly in Assets instead of upgrades in the Skorpio deck.

Brute Force Hack... now that's one card name that makes you expect great things.

So what's the story behind the new runners/corps IDs?

I know that Skorpios is Weyland's gun guys, the spun off from Argus.
The blurb has one of their guys talking about his networked drones that get smarter the more there are of them (bioroid+ smart, potentially) to a mysterious man from a company further up Weyland's food chain.
He mentions HB working on a new bioroid, one with "No directives. Adaptable brain, in the
Able to establish new connections and establish themselves spontaneously." and asks how useful such a hypothetical bioroid would be to the guy presenting his drones, and when told "very" smiles with all the charm of a razor blade

Not sure about Seidr Labs - the name is from Old Norse seiðr, “cord, string, snare”) is a form of pre-Christian Norse magic and shamanism concerned with discerning and altering the course of destiny by re-weaving part of destiny's web.

They're "trying something new" with bioroids, maybe including not having directives

Would be kinda awkward if HB and Big W were fighting it out during Flashpoint.

Nice quads.
Weyland is big enough and diverse enough that some corp or another is probably fighting someone at any time (though this looks like it's post-flashpoint)
Pic related do weapons (amongst other things) for Haas

Oh and the Seidr fluff ends with a call from the Director saying something has gone wrong

Yes.

So we know there's going to be a 2.0, should be tough - I think the only bioroid who's 2.0 version isn't a hell of a lot better is fellow low-end bioroid Viktor

STR 5-6, 3-4 subs, 2 clicks to break 2 subs. Prob cost 5-6.

Sounds reasonable?

So what other stuff can be gleaned from the rulebook of 42?

And boring. I expect this Eli to do something similar to Architect, hoping for Damon taking cues from the Eli alt art to explore that aspect of the bioroid. Something like Shiro maybe? >Look up to 3 cards from RD , install one.
>EtR
>EtR

Which is preferable to the runner:
1. First click, Inside Job into a remote with a single Komainu. The corp doesn't rez, agenda stolen.
2. First click, run on remote, corp rezzes Komainu for 5 credits. Nero bounces, second click, Inside Job. Agenda stolen.
3. First click, run on remote. Corp doesn't rez. Agenda stolen.

In the first situation, the corp has 5 credits extra compared to the second, which they can use to fire a Sure Gamble, or a SEA Scorched if the Runner is silly poor, or rez ice on a different server. In the third situation the corp also has 5 credits extra, but you just stole an agenda for free. If you can't see the benefit of being able to harrass the corp into rezzing stuff before they are financially stable, then either our playstyles are too different, or our metas are different enough that it either doesn't happen or it doesn't affect the corp as much there.

Being able to play through the campaign only once is gonna be sad, hopefully the story doesn't change that much between IDs.

This is how I see Nero. A free recon against sentries every turn.

Someone translated the rulebook.
pastebin.com/0eBh6JQm

I'm so hype right now, thanks as warranted for the link and the translation.

2. and 3. are the same, only the runner paid a click more. As the corp, I know I'm playing against Nero. If I'm putting that Komainu on a remote and chose to rez it, it's that I want it there, and I *want* it rezzed, for whatever reason. If not, well, my bluff was called.

I'm not saying the ability is value-less. I'm just saying I don't find it good enough and, worse sin to me, not interesting enough in its limited impact.

And I want to like that smug asshole. I love his cards.

>Being able to play through the campaign only once is gonna be sad, hopefully the story doesn't change that much between IDs.

I'm more saddened by the fact that you're playing only one side of the game for the whole campaign.

I can count the people I know that play Recon on one hand (I'm one of them). I reckon a Recon that only works for one third of ICE is way too narrow, even if at will.

I'm loving the corporate war angle in genera; so far I'm finding the Flashpoint cycle has been rather tame on that front (if anything I expected a card like Enforcing Loyalty to be on the runner side for one, rat out some corporate asset doing moonlighting on the side to its higher ups; makes more sense that way than with the runner stuff)...

Hopefully we get more of it.

That card is going to be awaited like the second coming of Jackson by some players I know.

Given the pre-made decks, are we to assume Skorpio is a 40 cards ID?

>I reckon a Recon that only works for one third of ICE is way too narrow, even if at will.
I actually think it's the opposite.
In general terms, you'd want to jack out from two thirds of the ICE (code gates and sentries), and you almost definitely want to jack out from the latter of them. Let's say, for discussion sake, that you definitely want to jack out from half the code gates and all the sentries. that's actually three quarters of the ICE you want to jack out from. From that three quarter, you can jack out from two thirds of those.

Math can't lie. Nero is useful in 66% of the cases from which you actually want to jack out.
Of course, this is just off the top of my head, if we actually compile a database with all the ICE that makes you want to jack out, I'm sure the odds are even closer to 75%.

This compared to Recon, which can only trigger on the first ICE you encounter, I think odds favour Nero.

Fuck, I meant to link I was checking out the rulebook. Pretty impressive. I'm wondering if somebody can make an phone app to replace the PAD, this way I don't have to tear anything apart.

>Aurora in the Crim deck
Destined to be terrible.

So you do have card tearing. I wonder how hard it would be to be able to preserve everything just so you can play through the campaign multiple times. I wonder if I should even try to preserve it and just have fun tearing the campaign cards.

And I love how sedate the Weyland story is. Just a dude presenting his drone idea to an executive with no knowledge of the terrible things that will happen.

>2. and 3. are the same, only the runner paid a click more
Don't forget the runner has an unused Inside Job in hand in 3. Nero is definitely an interesting ID, but it is true that the other IDs have higher impact abilities.

Speaking of Crim IDs, I think Cambridge is our first runner that is still working with a corp. Also, imagine the outrage if Ayla was Anarch. The new IDs are tournament legal right?

>one side
You can probably play each side once if you preserve the PAD and the cards, and don't read the story development out loud.

Probably, 15 influence too. Ayla has 40 cards too by the looks of it, though her deck has 42 cards, oddly. Can't find the influence count for either Runners or HB Seidr though.

I think Mr Cambridge is actually an infiltrator doing data stealing rather then actually working for a Corp.

At least players can still swap sides once they are done with a campaign run.

I wonder if the IDs are legal for tourneys? Compared to the draft ones.

>I wonder if the IDs are legal for tourneys?
They are not part of the secret packs, so yes, they are legal.

Anybody else get the feeling the new Jinteki is synergistic with ICE more than ambushes? Except 3 Shocks in archives (go ahead, temujin).

I still want to make a deck that revolves around dumping shocks and Future Perfects into archives and rezzing Fumiko when they access.

Not a perfect plan, but when it works, it will be glorious.

Fair point.

>I wonder how hard it would be to be able to preserve everything just so you can play through the campaign multiple times

I'm thinking Jinteki.net archiving all cards and possible stickers variations thereof could in the end prove a great option to replay the campaign at will.
Far from optimal for me, I much prefer face to face card play, but hey...

>I love how sedate the Weyland story is. Just a dude presenting his drone idea to an executive with no knowledge of the terrible things that will happen.

I love how the one question that anyone with a lick of sense would ask (" what are the security mechanisms like on this drone swarm AI?") is never even asked...
An army of self-aware ChopBots that can learn to self--replicate and become smart enough to self-modify... why be wary?)

>Speaking of Crim IDs, I think Cambridge is our first runner that is still working with a corp

Null?

The amusing thing is, even if it's a cover, he *is* in the employ of the corp.

If we're talking Aginfusion, I'm thinking it will work with *both*. The ambush talk is more prevalent only because no other ID so far just can do what it does with those.

>Null?
No, Null whistleblowed and quit. Khan does take contracts from corps and IIRC Sunny's GlobalSec is a corp.

>An army of self-aware ChopBots that can learn to self--replicate and become smart enough to self-modify... why be wary?)
OH GOD, YES

Mmmh, forgot about Aginfusion, I was talking about Power Unleashed. We have cards like Tsurugi, Aiki and Komainu to deal good chunks of separate instances of net damage to mill the Runner even more, unlike cards like Junebug and Psychic Field which deal all that damage at once.

Given the effect on that campaign's 3/2 agenda ("As soon as you win a game with this agenda in your scoring area, open 'pack 2") I can already picture people making EoI/Turntables troll decks...

Oh yeah, had the unknown Apex quantity, and this is sure to go great...

I swear I started building this deck with some sort of gameplan, but dropped it midway and now I have a bunch of fun cards. Help.

Weyland Consortium: Building a Better World

Agenda (12)
3x Corporate Sales Team
2x Hostile Takeover
3x Oaktown Renovation
3x Underway Renovation
1x Utopia Fragment

Asset (8)
2x Aggressive Secretary ●●●●
3x Indian Union Stock Exchange
3x Sandburg

Upgrade (2)
2x Mumbad Virtual Tour ○○○○

Operation (13)
2x Ark Lockdown ●●●●
3x Beanstalk Royalties
3x Hedge Fund
3x Preemptive Action
2x Subliminal Messaging

Barrier (3)
3x Vanilla

Code Gate (3)
3x Quandary

Sentry (6)
3x Archer
3x Cobra

Other (2)
2x Chimera

8 influence spent (max 15, available 7)
20 agenda points (between 20 and 21)
49 cards (min 45)
Cards up to Intervention

Deck built on netrunnerdb.com.

So, basically, gear-check + program-trashing (or heap trashing) + Ark to permanently get rid of sensitive targets?

I wonder about how the Sandburg and Mumbad Virtual Tour fit in all that. And Sapper looks like it's begging to be inserted in there when the time comes (nothing dirty about it).

I love Underway Renovation. Careful, it's click intensive (we were talking Jeeves in previous thread, definitely something I'm considering for next I build with Underway) and expensive.

I know people love to trim it thin these days, but 14 piece of ICE for 12 agendas? Careful.

The Chimera plan is cool, but fairly expensive too.

The idea revolves around Indian Union Stock Exchange. Hedge Funds of 5+3, Subliminal Messaging of 1+3.
Of course, IUSE needs to be protected, so MVT should discourage runners from trashing those. Everything except iUSE, Beanstalk and and Archer trigger IUSE.
To be honest the rest of the deck is partly the shell of my rigshooter.
I'm trying to build simple but fast and fun decks to play with. Something to pick up and start playing.

This is the Jinteki one, still working on it:

Jinteki: Potential Unleashed

Agenda (10)
3x Fetal AI
3x House of Knives
1x Philotic Entanglement
3x The Future Perfect

Asset (4)
1x Chief Slee ●●●
3x Shock!

Upgrade (2)
1x Caprice Nisei
1x Corporate Troubleshooter ●

Operation (14)
1x Biotic Labor ●●●●
2x Celebrity Gift
2x Hedge Fund
1x Liquidation ●
3x Medical Research Fundraiser
3x Preemptive Action
2x Restructure

Barrier (3)
3x Vanilla

Code Gate (9)
2x Aiki
2x DNA Tracker
2x Inazuma
3x Quandary

Sentry (7)
2x Cortex Lock
3x Komainu
2x Tsurugi

9 influence spent (max 12, available 3)
20 agenda points (between 20 and 21)
49 cards (min 45)
Cards up to Intervention

Deck built on netrunnerdb.com.

Nah, I reckon most will just play Core + TD to keep it fair and fun during the campaign.

Throw in brain damage and/or uninstall alongside the ETR. Gives him a bit more of a bite vs those unable to break his subs.

>The Creators are *really* Angry now.

cool

Isn't it part of the deck buildings rules specifically for 42? In any case, it's a pretty refreshing way to play the game, and is a fairly newbie friendly format to boot.

They do let you play with larger card pools as a variant, as long as both sides have access to the same pool apparently, so shenanigans aren't impossible.

Well, considering it would be fairly easy to just FA with all the 3/2s the HB side has, maybe Clot might be needed if the full pool is available. OTOH, no Jackson if core+42 only could balance that out in a sense.

I was going to say 42 has the new 2 influence "trash card in HQ, shuffle card from archives to RnD" asset, but then I double checked and it was actually a Red Sands card. No agenda management is going to be rough, perhaps it'll be compensated somehow. They have to print a non-rotating Jackson replacement eventually, unless they're planning on padding out cycles with such cards.

>They have to print a non-rotating Jackson replacement eventually, unless they're planning on padding out cycles with such cards.

The clearly have started spreading the effects over several already or soon to be released less powerful cards.

Which is for the better, Jackson is too good a card, no good for the game.

>Eli 2.0?

Str 5
Rez 5

*click, click* break up to 2 subs

>End the run
>End the run if the runner has no unspent clicks
>End the run if the runner has no unspent clicks

Having no way to deal with agenda flood at instant speed is hardly 'good' for the game either. Noise is going to have a field day once Jackson disappears for the last time.

Lots of runner occasionally get hired by the Corps to do their dirty work every now and then. Infiltration (the second board game) is a prime example.

Even if it's a cover, Mr Cambridge can hardly be considered to be working 'for' SYNC per se, especially if he can make off with that juicy piece of data mentioned in his story.

Since rumour mill hit using jackson at instant speed isn't without its disadvantages.

RM (and Hades Shard) are standard ways to counter his instant ability, but they aren't always available, and can be countered themselves (cough Breaking News cough).

I just bought things

Blistered Double Time? That's the name of my future band! Did they tell you any reason for it?

Cambridge is probably the first runner "working" under an explicitly named corp (SYNC) that is also playable, atleast.

Guess I'm the only one that feels breaking a single card to multiple cards is like making "filler" cards/padding? I suppose it does make deckbuilding more interesting, so it's not a bad thing.

If Noise doesn't run archives immediately Preemptive Action should save those agendas. And atleast we're getting some good cheap Archive protection, be it ambushes or ice.

Not much point printing more of the original cardboard boxes if the pack is due for rotation within the year anyway. Might as well use the clear clamshells instead.

>Having no way to deal with agenda flood at instant speed is hardly 'good' for the game either.

I would say yes, it definitely is. That means that strategies that force agenda flood (whether Fisk or the old Criminal agenda snipping threat + HQ pressure that has been neutered for so long) at least have a decent window.

And you do have instant speed options. Allele Repression. Alexa Belsky Shannon Clare. They're just better balanced.

>Guess I'm the only one that feels breaking a single card to multiple cards is like making "filler" cards/padding?

The depends on the card. If one card can do too much by itself, for too little of a cost, then it poses a design problem, and chopping those things over several cards can be for the better.

I'd agree with you if natural agenda flood is more easily mitigated, and as long as that doesn't further weaken the other factions forcing Corps to always go NBN. When it can happen multiple times and the corp side has no choice but to relinquish a few points at no penalty to the runner, try convincing new players how that's even fair. Atleast Damon already said all the corps will get something for dealing with agenda flood though, so not all hope is lost.

Nah not really. But i wanted double time cause i like the cards so i got it

>When it can happen multiple times and the corp side has no choice but to relinquish a few points at no penalty to the runner, try convincing new players how that's even fair.

With a neutral card like Preemptive Action in the pool, that's like convincing them that dying to that early scorch kill was not a matter of chance but a matter of skill a lot of the time (how often do you hear new players complaining about "agenda flood" when really their draw was perfectly within margins, but they didn't want to have to take the early game risks?). Only less aggravating because losing a few point is not losing the game.

If anything, I'm loving that we're going to have to learn to juggle with cards and risks and find the right solutions for our decks.

Granted I do think Rework needs a rework (it always cracks how no one played that card even at the height of the agenda flood complaints - but then even disregarding the slow down, it was made for hybrid 5/3-using desks that no one was playing in competitive). And I have a feeling Weyland with its acceleration cards that demand to waste cards from HQ is going to remain the one without that kind of tools in faction.

>I'd agree with you if natural agenda flood is more easily mitigated

That's kind of the big issue though, isn't it? Agenda flooding being inherently, from a core mechanical standpoint, part of the clock of the corp, and of the tools of the runner trade, makes it so that mitigating it is a tough balancing act. The flood shouldn't by any stretch be "easily" mitigated. And finding that right spot where corp players don't feel (and I do believe the perception of it is probably more important than the reality) like their games too often end up being a matter of chance, but the runners can still use that part of the design space reliably enough (let's face it, Fisk is a laughing stock, and him being the *specialized* runner for that very strategy tells you all you have to know about the state of it for other runners*), is very hard indeed.

And then of course there's the issue of how the tournament format magnifies the issue. I get agenda flooded at game night, well no hard feelings, there's always the next game. If it happens at a tournament, well, that might mean the end of it. Harder to stomach.

*: I still want Cockroach back.

I think the worst thing about agenda flood is that feel of losing control or options when 4 out 5 cards in hand are agendas and there's nothing you can do to improve your situation. I feel that as long as there are options that you can take that isn't always just trying to bluff out an agenda, I'd be fine with whatever is the end result. Jackson just happens to be an outlier in terms of how obvious and reliable his usefulness is, I'm sure there's other more subtle ways of handling agenda flood where the reliability could be improved (such as Allele Repression).

>I'm sure there's other more subtle ways of handling agenda flood where the reliability could be improved (such as Allele Repression).

I don't think there's anything to improve in Allele Repression.

It doubles up on two Jackson duties: recursion and agenda safeguard. It's more awkward for that later - juggling between Archive and HQ is far less comfortable than between Archives and R&D, obviously, but for recursion it's arguably more powerful in that it gives your important archived combo pieces back right where they're needed.

And it demands an actual investment from the corp. Which I think is fair balance for what it does at paid ability window.

It's not comfortable, as it should be.

How do you sort your cards?

I'm just beginning to play and i don't have that many cards yet so i came up with this half-assed way.

Probably gonna need to sort by card types later tho

>Faction
>Type (alphabetical)
>Cost
>Name (alphabetical)

I did that for a long time.

These days I sort by faction. I pull out the ID's but still dig through the stack to find what I want. It seems to help me recognize cards and spark my memory that cards exist when building decks.

My buddy sorts by faction -> type -> name. Heathen.

I have two huge administrative binders, one for corp, one for runner, and then I use ultra-pro pocket pages.

I classify by cycle/box, chronological order, then by faction, by number.

We tend to make custom games using only some cycles, makes things easier that way.

Ehh, ok, I take it back, thinking about it Allele is pretty decent in a faction with Mushin and whose Archives are a lot spikier than most. It's probably not that good for handling agenda flood in the sense that the runner will probably steal atleast 1 agenda on the turn you get flooded, since it has several openings to capitalize on, but that's probably fine in a faction where the runner will likely die trying to do that.

Binders for the unused cards, sorted by buying order, then card set, then card number. I bring my decks around in a plastic(?) container which has my decks in baggies, and then some other stuff like extra baggies, extra sleeves, and cut proxies, as well as alt art cards since I don't know where to put them in the binder.

I have some very nice wood inserts that fit into the base box. I organize by faction, type (alphabetical), and then cost.

Debate of the day here: should Temüjin have cost more influence to prevent it spilling out too much out of faction?

Of course it should have! As it is, it's so ubiquitous despite the 6 inf cost
for other factions that other econ packages are now supplementary at best.

The worst part is that it's likely to end up on the MWL, which would be yet another nerf to a faction already fallen so far from grace.

Running Tem, Liberated Accounts, Daily Casts, Dirty Laundry, Career Fair...

Still never enough money...

Forgot the Sure Gambles...

>even Anarchs are richer then poor Crims now...

Don't know where I'm stand myself exactly yet.

One argument in favor for it - that the game needs power cards that get people excited - doesn't really sits well with me. Not to mention, some people are linking it as some Faust equivalent, and yes, I see where they're coming from, but I can't really agree.

If only because the respective positions of each factions at the point of each card's release are totally different.

The main issue isn't that it's a power card, it is the fact they are way too splashable as it is. A MWL 'fix' for it would again be a disaster for Crims while other factions are essentially unaffected because they have alternatives to fall back on.

It's a power card that is splash-able.

I guess you could say the issue is whether one feels some power cards should basically define their cycle all across the board, and it being one such *should* be splash-able, or whether some faction-defining abilities should remain relatively locked to that faction...

Yes. Too splashable if anything. It's not as if power cards shouldn't be imported elsewhere, but again it's inf is too accessible for everyone else.

Compare that to AS, which is also a common import for a very long time, but needs to be built around it and is still way less common then tem regardless.

Thematically it fits, since the corps are handing out bounties and the runners are capitalizing on it. Should it have more influence though, I'm not sure. Consider that Magnum Opus and Liberated Accounts are both 2 influence as well. Then there's Day Job and Stimhack which also gives a burst of credits. In comparison to how splashable these cards are, 2 influence on Tem looks pretty fitting.

Perhaps the problem here is that it doesn't replace accesses? Even that is playable around; icing up no longer gives the runner a profit, and successful runs opens them up to nasty things like HHN and SEA Source, maybe even hitting some nasty Ambushes. That's no less of a downside than the 2 MU/6 credit install and no access of Opus/Liberated I think, especially since we know there's going to be a few taxing ice released later.

Should I just grab all the deluxe boxes first thing after the core?

Now that I think about getting a closer look, 44/128 Anarch cards are influence 3 or more, 38/124 for Shaper, but only 22/122 Crims.

That does seem weird.

Granted, there's some eccentric influence values here and there, but still.

That's generally the advice. Grab the box for factions you enjoy first. Expand your options, non rotating, so you don't have to give that element a second thought.

I'm thinking the burst-y nature of it is more the issue in general. The compression. (so yeah, the non-replacing aspect plays a role)

Consider Liberated Account was never a darling before Career Fair and the solidified pancake engine draw (LA's big issue used to be install, click twice and you're still only two credits above what you were at the start of the turn with one click left to run... it was meant to be mid to late game fuel, not early game install econ).

Now Temüjin? Install and link to a naked server, run three times, you're now 8 credits above what you were at the start of the turn, all the other run-aggregated resources notwithstanding (Desperado, Datasucker,etc...) not to mention Career Fair.
It's versatile, can both act as powerful early game burst econ and mid-to-late game running fuel.

For the corps at least, the championship deck is great for lots of decks (especially for HB compared to their own big box).

Runner is less generally useful though.

Maybe the burst is intended so that corps don't leave naked servers anymore? And the ones that do have a plan to go with it? Though I guess the issue here isn't justifying Temujin, it's justifying its splashability.

I guess 3 influence would've fine, especially after looking at , Crims need to keep some tools to themselves. Is 2 influence terrible though, probably not, since even a single copy is basically influence not put into importing other tools. But then again, the other factions do have better in-faction options for a lot of things that they could easily splash 3-of Temujins.

Really wondering what the meta will be like after rotation now. How exciting.

Could there be a resurgence of Noise once Jackson is out of the picture?

Even with all the replacements, he is going to have lots of fun.

Why did Noise go out of vogue anyway? It's not like being able to shuffle in 9 cards invalidates his game plan completely, why did Jackson affect it that much?

Because Siphon to death was more effective as denial, and after that DLR was easier to mill.

>Maybe the burst is intended so that corps don't leave naked servers anymore?

Oh I definitely think that's the case. Another way for the runner to force the hand of the corp into a certain board state. That's the specificity of that card compared to other econ solutions. Very crim.

If you have to compare it to anything, I'd say it's a Bank Job on steroids. Looking at it that way, since Bank Job is 2 influence, I don't think Temüjin being 3 would have been unwarranted.

That being said, it being two does mean it's a meta-defining card. And one positive thing I can credit that low influence with: people are running, corps are playing ICE.

Early game remote pressure was never exactly is forte, and that has been needed for a while, is my guess.

Man i really miss playing this game, got into it in 2013 and played regularly at my local store, i even won some full art cards in a tournament
But due to changing school schedule and being poor uni student i never could keep up with data packs and stuff

at the time there really wasn't a way to play online that wasn't shit, is Jinteki net a good reliable platform for online play?
I want to get back into the game

>i never could keep up with data packs and stuff
You don't completely need to. I'm in a similar situation and playing with a limited card pool is doable, even if you won't be winning any tournaments.

Jinteki net is good, yes.

Now we have an unofficial tournament format called 1.1.1.1 (or Onesies) in which the players pick 1 core, 1 deluxe, 1datapack and 1 playset of any card to make their decks. ID is free. Perfect to play with a limited cardpool.
Also yes, Jinteki net is as good as the game can be online.

FWIW, that new big box (ie ADN 42) is also appearing 'soon', and the suggested format for the included legacy-ish campaign is one core plus 42. You could probably have loads of fun in that new format (43?), considering a lot of staples from the datapacks are not available there.

>new format (43?)
I'm partial towards Core42 myself.

That price though, skyrocketed dunno why.

bump

Do you guys use your "binder fodder" cards for anything? Proxies, jank, meat damage prevention, etc.

I'm a big fan of jank - seeing if I can actually get a combo or interaction off, or get a card to work in a limited sense (i.e.: work it's meant to, even if that's only a very specific thing) is pretty nice

Often enough yeah, but then I like do to jank builds. You can often find weird but useful interactions from playing cards that aren't generally slotted. And as I like to say, today's jank can be tomorrow's power play.

Just looking at cards, seeing one you haven't played and going: "well today I'm playing this" can be liberating. Just some some good old desire to play things for themselves.

Games I remember the fondest often come from jank builds.

The fuck, Monster Slayer was released?

Since we were talking Jackson, I was thinking Election Day (or I guess Audacity) + Preemptive Action actually make for a decent replacement solution in some Weyland decks.

Trash the agendas, refresh with a whole new HQ, put back the agendas into R&D without offering the runner the window-turn that overdrawing to be able to discard agendas to Archives normally would.

I think that idea got merit, but Election Day is so awkward man...

I like it in rush. No hanging on combo pieces, either you can use things *now*, or you trash and just get faster. It was actually a lifesaver in that stupid 45 cards GRNDL Government Takeover kill deck I played.

But you do have to weight your options.